The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

2012 Accounts **OUT NOW** (page 2 of thread) - Page 3 Mm11

2012 Accounts **OUT NOW** (page 2 of thread) - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

2012 Accounts **OUT NOW** (page 2 of thread) - Page 3 Mm11

2012 Accounts **OUT NOW** (page 2 of thread) - Page 3 Regist10

2012 Accounts **OUT NOW** (page 2 of thread)

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2012 Accounts **OUT NOW** (page 2 of thread) - Page 3 Empty Re: 2012 Accounts **OUT NOW** (page 2 of thread)

Post by jamaljr 17.01.13 22:56

I just rang it. Press 2 for English, then press 2 to speak to an agent, then went through to an answerphone. never mind
jamaljr
jamaljr

Activity : 57

Back to top Go down

2012 Accounts **OUT NOW** (page 2 of thread) - Page 3 Empty Re: 2012 Accounts **OUT NOW** (page 2 of thread)

Post by sonic72 17.01.13 23:43

Châtelaine wrote:I tried that phone number some time ago and it wasn't exactly a "hot"-line, but more the classical "canned" lady saying " if you want x" push "1" & 'if you want y" push "2", etc ... I didn't go through the entire procedure, nor did I leave a message ... ;-)

I suspected as much. Jamaljr also just tried their 'hotline' and got the same, automated message. So why are they making a big thing in their accounts report about having a 24/7 0845 number that goes to an answer machine? It hardly costs anything over the course of 1 year, and could easily have been set up from the start, back in 2007.

One would have thought it they would have had this set up already, and having gone into so much detail with the setting up of the 'fund' etc, I cannot believe they did not make this an 0800 number? Surely you'd make sure that it was free so people would not be put off calling? Like I said earlier, these 0845 numbers are normally used to keep the calls down!

As for the £550 k entry for book proceeds, obviously we know it should be more than that, and I think £550 k is most likely just a figure as close to £500k as possible, that doesn't stick out as much as £500k dead on? I dunno, I just do not trust them one iota.

sonic72
sonic72

Activity : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 18.01.13 18:56

Listing the 0845 number as something the fund has paid for is so silly, 0845 numbers can be bought for anything for a tenner to a hundred pounds a month, hardly a massive chunk of the hundreds of thousands spent

What is unclear is what the 550k is, was it the Sun's for the book serialisation? Or Transworlds advance. In any case, one or the other is missing.
Inspectorfrost

Activity : 878

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 18.01.13 20:53

sonic72 wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:I tried that phone number some time ago and it wasn't exactly a "hot"-line, but more the classical "canned" lady saying " if you want x" push "1" & 'if you want y" push "2", etc ... I didn't go through the entire procedure, nor did I leave a message ... ;-)

I suspected as much. Jamaljr also just tried their 'hotline' and got the same, automated message. So why are they making a big thing in their accounts report about having a 24/7 0845 number that goes to an answer machine? It hardly costs anything over the course of 1 year, and could easily have been set up from the start, back in 2007.

One would have thought it they would have had this set up already, and having gone into so much detail with the setting up of the 'fund' etc, I cannot believe they did not make this an 0800 number? Surely you'd make sure that it was free so people would not be put off calling? Like I said earlier, these 0845 numbers are normally used to keep the calls down!

As for the £550 k entry for book proceeds, obviously we know it should be more than that, and I think £550 k is most likely just a figure as close to £500k as possible, that doesn't stick out as much as £500k dead on? I dunno, I just do not trust them one iota.

These are the same people who charge for their so-called holiday packs and at one point allegedly charged folk to download posters of Maddie from their website. Can you imagine charging members of the public for the privilege of looking for your loved one?

Bonkers!
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.01.13 20:57

IMO it's all about money and keeping up appearances.
Hi Mr & Mrs Bucket.

Sorry, couldn't resist ... 2012 Accounts **OUT NOW** (page 2 of thread) - Page 3 110921
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 18.01.13 21:05

ShuBob wrote:
sonic72 wrote:

These are the same people who charge for their so-called holiday packs and at one point allegedly charged folk to download posters of Maddie from their website. Can you imagine charging members of the public for the privilege of looking for your loved one?

Bonkers!

People gave millions to the fund to help find Madeleine. So how they can charge on top is beyond bonkers. Greedy is too good a word. And let's not forget KMs words that they employ a fund administrator which ensures everything is totally transparent. Now one could be excused for not laughing couldn't one?
lol!
Inspectorfrost

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 18.01.13 21:26

Inspectorfrost wrote:
ShuBob wrote:
sonic72 wrote:

Bonkers!

People gave millions to the fund to help find Madeleine. So how they can charge on top is beyond bonkers. Greedy is too good a word. And let's not forget KMs words that they employ a fund administrator which ensures everything is totally transparent. Now one could be excused for not laughing couldn't one?
lol!

I think the non-hot line that runs on an expensive tariff, fund managers, selling luggage tags etc etc have all been shovelled out of the same barrel of cr@p as £37,000 for a very basic home-made looking website. Behind the scenes this has all been weighed and measured, IMO, and one day there'll be that dreaded knock on the door.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind 18.01.13 21:59

Smokeandmirrors wrote:[quote="
I think the non-hot line that runs on an expensive tariff, fund managers, selling luggage tags etc etc have all been shovelled out of the same barrel of cr@p as £37,000 for a very basic home-made looking website. Behind the scenes this has all been weighed and measured, IMO, and one day there'll be that dreaded knock on the door.

thumbsup dance
monkey mind
monkey mind

Activity : 629

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 18.01.13 22:06

lol! Smokeandmirrors

crap isn't it

lol!

There is no way on this planet ever that THAT website cost them 37k. Mind you, some old fogey ignorant accountants and lawyers might believe it.

Im glad to read that you think its noted though.
Inspectorfrost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.01.13 22:17

When their first [and rather detailed] accounts were published years ago, I asked my IT peeps to have a look at their site and give me an estimate as to the cost. They arrived a GBP 3,000 MAX.!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 18.01.13 22:24

Châtelaine wrote:When their first [and rather detailed] accounts were published years ago, I asked my IT peeps to have a look at their site and give me an estimate as to the cost. They arrived a GBP 3,000 MAX.!

There is no way a simple site that you can set up for free anywhere cost that much, ergo they lied in their accounts just as they lied everywhere else imo
Inspectorfrost

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 19.01.13 5:40

Automated answering system on a missing child hotline on a 0845 number?
Great way to encourage the public to phone in isn't it? yet they complained Amaral and TB's literature hinder the search!

So much money went to administration of the site but all you get is a voice recorder, something is not right.

Maybe the cost is so high because it's paid to Kate, the chief campaigner, working full time in the search, but she isnt doing her job properly.

The accounting is as obscure as brick and no chance anyone is going to be able to tell how the money is spent.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 19.01.13 7:50

Inspectorfrost wrote: lol! Smokeandmirrors

crap isn't it

lol!

There is no way on this planet ever that THAT website cost them 37k. Mind you, some old fogey ignorant accountants and lawyers might believe it.

Im glad to read that you think its noted though.

I think it must have been noted. There are so many sites where you can construct a website, so many people offering this service at increasingly competitive prices etc. When you look at how much interesting content some bloggers upload, with images, mini-shops etc it beggars belief that a website of about 5 pages costs 37k to produce, when GCSE students of IT could knock something like that out in an afternoon.

For that money, they could have an amazing site, I am sure in the early stages when more people were following the story, they would have been able to get it done for free. In any case, wasn't it supposed to have been some teenager or other who ran it?

For the money they have allegedly spent on some naff, barely-there- and-pointless wristbands, basic and unengaging website, luggage tags (WTF?? How closely do you stare at peoples luggage tags?), these are pretty miniature things that 99.9% of the population wouldn't even physically notice!! And what have they spent, allegedly, on these items over the whole period? A million or so? Give me a break!!

There was a time when they had appeals at football matches, celebrity endorsement etc the Daily Mail ran appeals in it's mediterranean edition, it was everywhere.

The money has been totally wasted or "Febreezed"!!

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 19.01.13 7:58

Professional services for the Fund i.e. legal, banking etc are all London based. Biggest public awareness tool (the website) based....Ullapool (that well known centre for media excellence) in Scotland.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.01.13 9:56

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t1465-calum-macrae-and-the-mccann-website

For information, a link to an earlier topic about the website.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

2012 Accounts **OUT NOW** (page 2 of thread) - Page 3 Empty Analysis of the accounts of Madeleine's Fund by Enid O'Dowd

Post by Ribisl 30.01.13 18:09

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id429.html

Activity : 858

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 30.01.13 20:15

Ribisl wrote:http://www.mccannfiles.com/id429.html

Still flummoxed about the 37k for THAT website and agreeing with latest posts made, just saying thanks for link Ribisi, so a certified accountant has doubts and crticisms about the accounts. The mind boggles.
Inspectorfrost

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 30.01.13 20:52

Ribisl wrote:http://www.mccannfiles.com/id429.html

I urge everyone on this forum to take the time to read through this. Even for a financial dunce such as I am, I can understand there is something not quite right.

Thank you Enid O'Dowd.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

2012 Accounts **OUT NOW** (page 2 of thread) - Page 3 Empty Nice one Edith!

Post by mahlersghost 30.01.13 21:11

Don'tcha just love accountants - especially FCAs who know what they are talking about. Monty Python was wrong about a Chartered Accountant's life as being a boring one - perhaps not as much fun as being a lumberjack though.

So that's the last two years set of accounts taken apart and found to be lacking in several areas - especially transparency. Lord knows what was going on in the days of M3 and dear old Kevin H.

Enid is a very experienced CA - whatever she writes is not from any sense of vindictiveness but from a professional viewpoint.
mahlersghost
mahlersghost

Activity : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr What 30.01.13 22:01

It is very clear analysis from Enid.

However, I doubt that the Mcs care about what a limited number of people, who bother to read the analysis, say about the accounts.Whatever promises were made at the outset, regarding transparency or intentions, will matter little now that a gullible public has given money.The objective has been achieved already.And that objective was to get as much of other people's money as possible in order to finance a rock-solid legal defence against what they knew would come their way.And they have been successful.They have been able to launch and fund legal actions against media, individuals and websites in order to prevent any examination of their 'account of the truth'.
Dr What

Activity : 286

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.01.13 22:22

Just in case anyone hasn't read Ms O'Dowd's previous report.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id405.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl 30.01.13 22:23

Without detailed accounts being made available, there is never going to be anything to incriminate them. We can analyse what limited information that is available and speculate, but the Mccanns are on a very safe ground for which they must pay a considerable amount of fees to their financial and legal advisers.

One example: the newspapers have published what they each paid out in compensation to the Mccanns, but the publishers Bantam Press and Corgi (for the paperback edition) have not disclosed what Kate has received so far and I imagine they never will. So when Kate says she is donating all of the royalties received, we have no way of validating it.

Activity : 858

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 30.01.13 22:43

Bantam press and corgi????? Bloody cartoons? LOL
Inspectorfrost

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 02.02.13 19:53

I saw this on another board and laughed

I seem to recall they attempted to justify paying for the legal action against Amaral by claiming that his book and claims harmed the search for Madeleine, and by bringing the action partly in her name.

They can't possibly claim anything of the kind in their action against Bennett. The fund can, however, spend it's money in any way the directors agree to and there is not a thing anyone can do about it. They spent the best part of half a million pounds last year on god knows what. Seriously - it's a huge sum, way way more than many charities get to spend on their publicity campaigns, and way more than their laughingly-entitled ''investigation team'' should have cost. It does not cost half a million quid to sit on Facebook all day, deleting any posts which fail to reach an acceptable fawn-index.
Inspectorfrost

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 02.02.13 20:37

I just wish the judge could see all this sort of evidence. But he won't because he is dealing with a very narrow legal point.
Sad.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16570

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top