The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Amy Tierney and those mysterious 6" x 4" photos - Extracts from the research thread on 3As

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Amy Tierney and those mysterious 6" x 4" photos - Extracts from the research thread on 3As

Post by Inspector Clouseau on 10.08.14 20:31

The Olympus is a lot older camera and has a maximum resolution of 2048x1536, which is smaller than the file size listed (2350x1888). It is possible to make photos larger using extrapolation but you usually do this if making really large prints designed to be viewed from a distance. This is because you lose quality with extrapolation as the software has to "invent" the extra pixels.

The Kodak Easyshare G500 is only a small thermal printer printing at 6" x 4" at a maximum of 300DPI, so I think it's less likely to have been enlarged. 

If it hasn't been made larger then it could only have come from the Canon, where the maximum resolution is 3072x2304. I'm inclined to believe it's been cropped rather than enlarged as the aspect ratio doesn't match the cameras. Both the cameras are 1.33 (divide the large figure by the smaller), whereas the image is 1.24

If this is the correct printer model, then it's only printing 6" x 4" prints (postcard size), I think the 15x10 size is in cm (as Portugal uses the metric system), which coincidentally matches the 6"x4" size of the printer. This printer is specified to produce a print in 60 secs, so printing 30, would have taken at least 30 minutes.

Inspector Clouseau

Posts : 8
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-07-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Amy Tierney and those mysterious 6" x 4" photos - Extracts from the research thread on 3As

Post by G-Unit on 17.02.15 10:07

David Payne said (my bold);

we were trying to convey that she's been abducted and we, we got a computer err printer, we'd got a picture of Madeleine so that it could be distributed as quickly as possible


http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DAVID-PAYNE-ROGATORY.htm
avatar
G-Unit

Posts : 313
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2014-12-29
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Amy Tierney and those mysterious 6" x 4" photos

Post by G-Unit on 17.02.15 12:54

Amy said;

When on the night of 3rd May, at about 24.00, she was at her desk at the Tapas bar, inside the resort, when at a certain time, one of the friends of the McCann couple, Russell, asked for a USB memory stick reader, in order to print photographs of Madeleine. Immediately the deponent replied that she did not have an USB reader, but that she had a printer with this hardware, which could read from memory sticks.


She went to her room and returned to the Tapas with the printer where she printed out 20 to 30 photographs of the girl, using her own paper, in 10x15 format mentioned previously. The memory stick containing the photos belonged to the McCann couple, and came from their camera.

She thinks that all of this took place at about 24.00 on 3rd May 2007. She presumes that she handed all of the photos to Russell, who distributed some to those present, the rest would be for the police authorities.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/AMY-ELLEN-TIERNEY-1.htm



Russell said;
1578    “Okay.  So ‘We tried to find a picture of Madeleine’'”
 Reply    “Yeah”.


1578    “’Kate’s camera was checked’'”
 Reply    “Umm, ‘And Kat or one of the other Nannies went to their flat to retrieve a printer or something that would connect to a printer and then the pictures were printed in the office off the small reception portal’, there’s a little office in there”.

1578    “Okay.  But ‘Kate or one of the Nannies’'”
 Reply    “Yeah, ‘Kat or one of the Nannies’, I mean, Kat was there and Leanne was there, but whether it was actually their printer or lead, I’m not sure. 

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RUSSELL-OBRIEN_ROGATORY.htm


Neither C(K)at or Leanne mention this as far as I know.
avatar
G-Unit

Posts : 313
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2014-12-29
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Amy Tierney and those mysterious 6" x 4" photos - Extracts from the research thread on 3As

Post by rustyjames on 17.02.15 13:35

It's probably been pointed out before, but the picture on the poster a few posts back from AFP was a cropped version.

This from a shop window on the 9th May ...


rustyjames

Posts : 293
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Amy Tierney and those mysterious 6" x 4" photos - Extracts from the research thread on 3As

Post by Ayniia on 17.02.15 14:13

@tigger wrote:
The fact that Tierney said it was around midnight
The fact that ROB states it was well before the PJ arrived which was midnight
The fact the the GNR were thus handed photographs long before they were allegedly printed (GNR statements)


@G-Unit wrote:Amy said;

When on the night of 3rd May, at about 24.00, she was at her desk at the Tapas bar, inside the resort, when at a certain time, one of the friends of the McCann couple, Russell, asked for a USB memory stick reader, in order to print photographs of Madeleine. Immediately the deponent replied that she did not have an USB reader, but that she had a printer with this hardware, which could read from memory sticks.


She went to her room and returned to the Tapas with the printer where she printed out 20 to 30 photographs of the girl, using her own paper, in 10x15 format mentioned previously. The memory stick containing the photos belonged to the McCann couple, and came from their camera.

She thinks that all of this took place at about 24.00 on 3rd May 2007. She presumes that she handed all of the photos to Russell, who distributed some to those present, the rest would be for the police authorities.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/AMY-ELLEN-TIERNEY-1.htm

So why (IIRC Jez wife was the one that said this,someone correct me if I'm wrong) when the GNR officer went to their (Jez) apartment at around 1AM looked at their daughter picture and asked if that was the girl they were looking for? (or something similar)???

IMHO all this printing pictures is just another very disturbing red flag. It's 11pm in a tiny village, a little blonde british child goes missing and people are printing posters?For what? Wouldn't it be sufficient to say at least at that moment the general description of Madeleine to the people walking the streets searching? Well maybe not because in Mc's world there were possibly hundreds of little girls like that walking around alone at that time of the night and people needed a picture to figure out who of them they were looking....seriously banghead

____________________
"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident
avatar
Ayniia

Posts : 546
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2013-03-21
Location : Portugal

Back to top Go down

Re: Amy Tierney and those mysterious 6" x 4" photos

Post by G-Unit on 17.02.15 16:18

The McCanns and friends wanted pictures because they expected the police to use them to identify Madeleine who had been abducted, She wasn't wandering around Praia da Luz she was in someone's house, boat or car racing for the border. They knew she had been taken because of the windows/shutters (Kate) and the closed gates on the steps (David Payne);

I was just saying well what was the state of those two gates, were those gates open when you went up or were they shut, and she was adamant that those two gates were shut. Well you know there was two possibilities, she'd either been taken or she'd wandered off, no child is gonna wander off and shut two gates behind them so at that moment I knew, although I didn't want to believe it, but I knew that she'd been abducted. 
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DAVID-PAYNE-ROGATORY.htm
avatar
G-Unit

Posts : 313
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2014-12-29
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Amy Tierney and those mysterious 6" x 4" photos - Extracts from the research thread on 3As

Post by Ayniia on 17.02.15 16:48

@G-Unit wrote:The McCanns and friends wanted pictures because they expected the police to use them to identify Madeleine who had been abducted, She wasn't wandering around Praia da Luz she was in someone's house, boat or car racing for the border. They knew she had been taken because of the windows/shutters (Kate) and the closed gates on the steps (David Payne);

I was just saying well what was the state of those two gates, were those gates open when you went up or were they shut, and she was adamant that those two gates were shut. Well you know there was two possibilities, she'd either been taken or she'd wandered off, no child is gonna wander off and shut two gates behind them so at that moment I knew, although I didn't want to believe it, but I knew that she'd been abducted. 
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DAVID-PAYNE-ROGATORY.htm

You're right. Dang I always forget St. Kate's words: they've taken her! (or something like that) flag

____________________
"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident
avatar
Ayniia

Posts : 546
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2013-03-21
Location : Portugal

Back to top Go down

Re: Amy Tierney and those mysterious 6" x 4" photos

Post by G-Unit on 17.02.15 17:15

Yes, open window/shutters, closed gates - it was obvious, to them, that she had been taken. Strangely, the only person who saw the open window/shutters was Amy Tierney. Amy was one very helpful Nanny that night.
avatar
G-Unit

Posts : 313
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2014-12-29
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Amy Tierney and those mysterious 6" x 4" photos - Extracts from the research thread on 3As

Post by j.rob on 20.02.15 19:00

@G-Unit wrote:Yes, open window/shutters, closed gates - it was obvious, to them, that she had been taken. Strangely, the only person who saw the open window/shutters was Amy Tierney. Amy was one very helpful Nanny that night.


Maybe Amy Tierney was/is a 'key' player? 

And why on earth should the Mcs and their friends distribute a photo of a girl looking much younger than Madeleine who was nearly four when allegedly abduction? Plus a girl with a coloboma. When Madeleine McCann didn't have one?

Or was it simply because 'it was a good marketing ploy' and the Mcs knew Madeleine McCann would never be coming back and would never be found either dead or alive?

Or was it because they never thought that details such as Madeleine's passport information (which states quite clearly that Madeleine merely had 'specks' in the iris and does not mention a coloboma) would not be made public? Was that one of the reasons why Madeleine's medical records were kept so secret? 

But that once made public they were forced to backtrack. 

Plus perhaps also mindful of the very negative comments made when Gerry said that the coloboma was 'a good marketing ploy'. Even though Portuguese police said it could be Madeleine's death sentence.

Says it all, really. Madeleine was a good marketing ploy and money-spinner.

So sad.

j.rob

Posts : 2243
Reputation : 232
Join date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Amy Tierney and those mysterious 6" x 4" photos

Post by G-Unit on 20.02.15 23:13

I wonder how Amy was able to see the open windows/shutters? Gerald McCann says he shut them almost immediately. Fiona Payne didn't see them, but according to Amy she was there when Amy arrived. Well, I assume that's who the female friend was;

She confirms that, on the night of the disappearance she was on duty and immediately went to the bedroom to see if the girl was hiding. She saw that the shutter was raised and that the window was partially open. It was then that she began to look in the wardrobes to see if the girl was hiding.............when she arrived both the parents and a female friend of theirs whose name she does not know, were there ................The witness remembers that upon entering the bedroom at the time of the disappearance, she saw that the bed that the two babies were sleeping (reparou que a cama que os dois bebes encontravam-se a dormir) and she saw that the bedclothes of the bed near the window were rumpled as if someone had been sitting there, that the bedclothes of Madeleine's bed had been pushed back and that on top of the bed was a small child's blanket and a cuddly toy.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/AMY-ELLEN-TIERNEY.ht


So, either Amy or Fiona lied about the window/shutters. 
avatar
G-Unit

Posts : 313
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2014-12-29
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Amy Tierney and those mysterious 6" x 4" photos - Extracts from the research thread on 3As

Post by j.rob on 23.02.15 13:43

Get 'em Gonçalo wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
jkh wrote:Well, it was too dark for them to go out searching for Maddie so what else could they kill time doing?
Ripping out the covers of Madeleine's 'Activity Sticker Book' and making up two separate false timelines of what didn't happen happened that night?

Indeed.


“Prior to the PJ arriving at 12:40/12:50 Russell O'Brien has written the timeline for them all, including, ‘Jane tanner sees stranger walking carrying child.’ He does this while Gerry McCann sits at the same table. At three o' clock in the morning Jane Tanner informs Gerry McCann for the first time, about the existence of a possible abductor.”

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.com/2009/12/mccann-gallery-jane-tanner-liar.html

Interesting how the 'time-line' does not mention the Gerry + Jez Wilkins encounter outside apartment 5A after Gerry had allegedly checked on all three of his children at some time shortly after 9pm. As seen by Jane Tanner.

j.rob

Posts : 2243
Reputation : 232
Join date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Amy Tierney and those mysterious 6" x 4" photos - Extracts from the research thread on 3As

Post by Inspector Clouseau on 16.02.17 18:48

I've been doing a bit more research on this and have an update. In short you can't print from the Kodak Easy Share G600 printer via a USB memory stick UNLESS you have a kodak camera connected. The user manual available at: 
http://resources.kodak.com/support/shtml/en/manuals/urg00536/urg00536c6s1.shtml 
states this quite clearly "IMPORTANT:You can only print pictures from a USB flash drive if your camera is docked.", and there's a nice picture showing the camera (which must be a Kodak) being docked.

This means there are only two possible ways they could have printed from this printer :
1) From the Canon A620 via PictBridge. 
This would have required a USB cable (full size connector one end for the printer, and a micro size connector for the camera). This cable would have come with the camera but is a fairly standard cable.

2) Connecting the Printer to a computer
This first requires you to install the Easyshare software on the computer.
Then you would have to have the pictures on the computer either by plugging in a USB stick or connecting the camera to the computer via USB.

So you cannot print from either the Olympus C-50 or a USB Stick without the use of a PC.....

Inspector Clouseau

Posts : 8
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-07-10

Back to top Go down

FARCICAL

Post by worriedmum on 16.02.17 21:05

@Get'emGonçalo wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
jkh wrote:Well, it was too dark for them to go out searching for Maddie so what else could they kill time doing?
Ripping out the covers of Madeleine's 'Activity Sticker Book' and making up two separate false timelines of what didn't happen happened that night?

Indeed.


“Prior to the PJ arriving at 12:40/12:50 Russell O'Brien has written the timeline for them all, including, ‘Jane tanner sees stranger walking carrying child.’ He does this while Gerry McCann sits at the same table. At three o' clock in the morning Jane Tanner informs Gerry McCann for the first time, about the existence of a possible abductor.”

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.com/2009/12/mccann-gallery-jane-tanner-liar.html
if this doesn't sum up the entire FARCE in a nutshell. nothing does. Scotland Yard, hello?
avatar
worriedmum

Posts : 1777
Reputation : 384
Join date : 2012-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Amy Tierney and those mysterious 6" x 4" photos - Extracts from the research thread on 3As

Post by Mirage on 16.02.17 21:51

Those time lines on the sticker book cover are simply jaw-dropping. That Tanner stated she couldn't  bring herself to mention her sighting for fear of upsetting Kate further , then let all those tapas group go running off in wrong directions like "headless  chickens" (by their own account) is nonsense.

As soon as a connection was made anyone would scream out: Hang on. I saw a man with a little girl. He went that way! You wouldn't have to think about it.

____________________
Kate McCann: "It's too 'ot. Give 'im a minute."

Mirage

Posts : 1897
Reputation : 753
Join date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum