The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Analysis of Fund accounts by Enid o'Dowd - Mccannfiles Mm11

Analysis of Fund accounts by Enid o'Dowd - Mccannfiles Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Analysis of Fund accounts by Enid o'Dowd - Mccannfiles Mm11

Analysis of Fund accounts by Enid o'Dowd - Mccannfiles Regist10

Analysis of Fund accounts by Enid o'Dowd - Mccannfiles

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Analysis of Fund accounts by Enid o'Dowd - Mccannfiles Empty Analysis of Fund accounts by Enid o'Dowd - Mccannfiles

Post by Guest 17.01.14 13:44

Enid O'Dowd analyses the accounts of Madeleine's Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned Limited for the year ended 31 March 2013

Exclusive to mccannfiles.com

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id475.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Analysis of Fund accounts by Enid o'Dowd - Mccannfiles Empty Re: Analysis of Fund accounts by Enid o'Dowd - Mccannfiles

Post by HelenMeg 17.01.14 13:48

Hmmm  interesting
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Analysis of Fund accounts by Enid o'Dowd - Mccannfiles Empty Re: Analysis of Fund accounts by Enid o'Dowd - Mccannfiles

Post by Mirage 17.01.14 14:38

The accounts tell you nothing. They have fulfilled the minimum legal requirement and that is all they ever intended to do despite the open and transparent promise. They move tranches of money about and there is nothing to show detailed expenditure. If SY were halfway serious they could probably subpoena the accountancy books and start investigating paper trails, but they won't.
ETA I should have added my thanks to Enid O'Dowd for her hard work.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 17.01.14 14:48

Thanks Enid O'Dowd for your Comprehensive Review of the Fund Accounts.  It makes interesting read.

Merchandise/
Campaign Costs
Total £3,148,503  Y/E 2013 £115,109  YE 2012 £476,813   Y/E 2011 £487,193  Y/E 2010  £421,236   Y/E 2009 £974,786  Y/E 2007-08    £673,366

Admin. Expenses
Total £278,229    Y/E 2012  £23,910    Y/E 2012 £24,909     Y/E 2011  £26,930   Y/E 2010 £29,868  YE 2009 £30,865    Y/E 2007-08  £141,747

Merchandise/Campaign costs seem abnormally high. T-shirts and wrist bands are cheap to produce. Certainly no where near the figures stated, at most a very small fraction of the figures.  It is perhaps not illogical to assume the bulk of those sums is attributed to campaign costs.
Given that Op Grange's Review commenced in 2011, the nearly £1/2Million campaign figures for Year 2011 and 2012 seem astronomical when no active campaigns were visible during those period either in UK or elsewhere.  The Year 2013 figure of over £100K also seems high when campaign was drastically scaled down by then.

The Total Merchandise/Campaign costs to Y/E 2013 of over £3M is staggering if per se.

Legal Costs are not listed in the Accounts, neither are the PIs costs for that matter.

The Total Admin Expenses to Y/E 2013 of £278K is inexplicable given that the Account Notes states that there is no employee.  

The Frequency of Directors' Meetings declined from 11 times (Y/E2011) to 8 times  (Y/E2012) to 5 times (Y/E2013); a decrease of over 50% from that of 2011, and a decrease of over 33% from that of 2012.

The question of why PAYPAL was not reinstated in good useful time given that Google had given the Fund 6-month notice to effect any changeover may be due to their reluctance to switch back to PAYPAL as PAYPAL has a 100% money-back guarantee policy governing merchandise purchase.
Ask not why they delay in switching back to PAYPAL, rather the more pertinent point would be: why they switched from PAYPAL to Google Clearing House in the first place if there is no legal risk reason to do so.
This is only an uneducated guess as PAYPAL money-back guarantee is a stated fact on e-bay purchases which presumably applies to all online purchases.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 17.01.14 15:17

Thank you Enid, for all your time and expertise.
It is very re-assuring to have a proper 'professional' analysis of McCann dealings. Even to the non-professional's eye, there is definitely something very askew here.
What with whitewash (maybe), laundering (of clothes ? and funds ?), bleach (damage to forensic samples), showers, baths, (Payne and Kate's clashing 30 minutes/ 30 seconds- statements) there appears, on the surface of it all, to be an awful lot of 'cleaning up' going on around these parts.  spin 
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 17.01.14 15:27

Big thanks from me too Enid. Your work is much appreciated.  roses

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

Analysis of Fund accounts by Enid o'Dowd - Mccannfiles Empty This is particulary worrying.

Post by PeterMac 17.01.14 15:44

On 9th January 2014, the online store was relaunched, both on the official site and also on a new standalone site at http://shop.findmadeleine.com/. The new site rather curiously contains 'sign in' and 'register' buttons, which the site defends by stating that it 'helps us make your shopping experience easier'. A peculiar claim given there are only six products for sale, on one page! Unless there is a long term plan to introduce an extensive catalogue of Madeleine merchandise, this would seem to be little more than an exercise in collecting personal details. But for what purpose?

Watch your backs.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 17.01.14 15:52

You have to wonder whether the Board of Directors approved the change of site to sell 6 "past sell by date" products.
Wouldn't there be cost involved in maintaining another site ?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by suep 17.01.14 16:32

candyfloss wrote:Enid O'Dowd analyses the accounts of Madeleine's Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned Limited for the year ended 31 March 2013

Exclusive to mccannfiles.com

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id475.html

Thanks, Candyfloss. I've just read Enid's analyses of all the Fund accounts for the first time and I'm massively impressed by the clarity and thoroughness of her work.I learned a lot from it. I'm grateful for her valuable input and for your link.

thanks 
suep

Activity : 164

Back to top Go down

Analysis of Fund accounts by Enid o'Dowd - Mccannfiles Empty Information Comnmissioners Office

Post by Letterwriter 17.01.14 16:40

Depending on the personal data being collected and who is holding it, the company may need to register with the ICO. 

Failure to do so is an offence. 

Mind, I'm sure countless small businesses that should be registered are not.

http://ico.org.uk/for_organisations/data_protection
Letterwriter
Letterwriter

Activity : 87

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 17.01.14 16:43

PeterMac wrote:
On 9th January 2014, the online store was relaunched, both on the official site and also on a new standalone site at http://shop.findmadeleine.com/. The new site rather curiously contains 'sign in' and 'register' buttons, which the site defends by stating that it 'helps us make your shopping experience easier'. A peculiar claim given there are only six products for sale, on one page! Unless there is a long term plan to introduce an extensive catalogue of Madeleine merchandise, this would seem to be little more than an exercise in collecting personal details. But for what purpose?

Watch your backs.
Hmm... sure looks suss.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17.01.14 20:51

Thank you Enid,very easy to read.

The mention of the fees for libel trial transport etc sounds very vague to me, I would like to know if legal fees are being paid also as from reading what the fund says I think they could be.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Analysis of Fund accounts by Enid o'Dowd - Mccannfiles Empty Accounts for year ended 31st March 2014

Post by Guest 01.01.15 16:04

Accounts should have been submitted by 31st December 2014.  Overdue.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 01.01.15 16:16

Ladyinred wrote:Accounts should have been submitted by 31st December 2014.  Overdue.

Can someone make sense of why the McCanns need a donate button on their website (that would be the £37k website paid for from donations by the public) when the police service of two countries are conducting an investigation for which they (the McCanns) are so encouraged by?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 01.01.15 16:38

Greed ?
Proving that the public are gullible ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 01.01.15 16:50

PeterMac wrote:Greed ?
Proving that the public are gullible ?
Grasping onto a tiger's tail for fear of letting go?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 01.01.15 17:17

LiR:

‘Accounts should have been submitted by 31st December 2014.  Overdue.’

I think you will find they (along with thousands of other companies) historically have submitted the accounts earlier this week, just before the deadline, in order to avoid the small fine that would have to be paid from the Fund out of the ‘goodness of the donating publics’ hand.

This obviously creates a backlog at Companies House, who won’t get round to posting them up for another week or so.

If you look at last years, there is a Companies House barcode stamp dated 31st December 2013, but the accounts do not show as ‘posted’ until some 10 days later.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id474.html
Doug D

Activity : 5283

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.01.15 20:43

Doug D wrote:LiR:

‘Accounts should have been submitted by 31st December 2014.  Overdue.’

I think you will find they (along with thousands of other companies) historically have submitted the accounts earlier this week, just before the deadline, in order to avoid the small fine that would have to be paid from the Fund out of the ‘goodness of the donating publics’ hand.

This obviously creates a backlog at Companies House, who won’t get round to posting them up for another week or so.

If you look at last years, there is a Companies House barcode stamp dated 31st December 2013, but the accounts do not show as ‘posted’ until some 10 days later.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id474.html
Maybe they have submitted the accounts this week.  However, companies house records them as overdue.  They have a habit of submitting close to the deadline.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 02.01.15 12:04

aquila wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:Accounts should have been submitted by 31st December 2014.  Overdue.

Can someone make sense of why the McCanns need a donate button on their website (that would be the £37k website paid for from donations by the public) when the police service of two countries are conducting an investigation for which they (the McCanns) are so encouraged by?
I still think that any money donated should be put toward the SY investigation, or given to Kerry Needham and others who are desperate for funds.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 02.01.15 12:10

plebgate wrote:
aquila wrote:

I still think that any money donated should be put toward the SY investigation, or given to Kerry Needham and others who are desperate for funds.
Plebgate, you can't donate money to a police investigation for obvious reasons.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 02.01.15 15:35

You're right aquila but it should be given back to the taxpayer in some way if it doesn't go towards helping other missing persons families.

I do not know why they are holding onto any money donated (if they are and if any remains in the fund) - IMO if, after the recent investigation/s are concluded(or before that I would prefer)  and Maddie is still not found, why would they need to employ more PIs?
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by woodforthetrees 12.01.15 16:39

aquila wrote:

Because they need to keep up the pretense that Madeleine is alive, to keep the cadaver evidence as 'inconclusive' and thus the timelines/checking BS alive to keep them all in the clear for neglect.  (Though in reality they knew very early on she was deceased and are using the donations to pay for legal representatives and jollies to nice locations). 

The police forces of both countries are not looking for a live Madeleine, the Portuguese police said she died years ago and the SY digs are as good a sign as any that t is a murder investigation, even if they don't plaster it all over the media.
woodforthetrees

Activity : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by Knitted 12.01.15 18:11

Sorry if someone's already covered this (I haven't scrolled through the thread) but...I've just looked at the Fraud Act 2006, Chapter 35, and here's bits that seem relevant to me...

Analysis of Fund accounts by Enid o'Dowd - Mccannfiles <a href=Analysis of Fund accounts by Enid o'Dowd - Mccannfiles Fraud10" />

Can anyone (e.g. Tony with your legal skills?) say if there's a case to challenge the fund? My reading of it is that, as has just been said by Aquila, if they don't disclose that Madeleine is considered to be dead by those looking into the case, then they are falling foul of Section 2, (2), (b).

Link to Fraud Act 2006
Knitted
Knitted

Activity : 259

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 12.01.15 18:24

Knitted wrote:Sorry if someone's already covered this (I haven't scrolled through the thread) but...I've just looked at the Fraud Act 2006, Chapter 35, and here's bits that seem relevant to me...

Analysis of Fund accounts by Enid o'Dowd - Mccannfiles <a href=Analysis of Fund accounts by Enid o'Dowd - Mccannfiles Fraud10" />

Can anyone (e.g. Tony with your legal skills?) say if there's a case to challenge the fund? My reading of it is that, as has just been said by Aquila, if they don't disclose that Madeleine is considered to be dead by those looking into the case, then they are falling foul of Section 2, (2), (b).

Link to Fraud Act 2006

The "might be" words are key here. Although unless remains appear at some point, this would be hard to demonstrate, hence the persistent claims of "no evidence of harm". Although being "disappeared" for many years IS harm whether they say so or not.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by Knitted 12.01.15 19:00

Smokeandmirrors wrote:
Knitted wrote:(deleted)

Link to Fraud Act 2006

The "might be" words are key here. Although unless remains appear at some point, this would be hard to demonstrate, hence the persistent claims of "no evidence of harm". Although being "disappeared" for many years IS harm whether they say so or not.
... Removing the irrelevant text variables the Fraud Act reads:

"a representation is false if the person making it knows that it... might be... misleading".  So, yes, the words 'might be' are key 

I appreciate the above definition is now wide open, and that the burden of proof will, (logically?), have to be on those in charge of the fund to demonstrate they acted on good faith, (and any parent of a missing child will no doubt be given the benefit of doubt)... but surely (regardless of Tannerman remaining on-screen after AR's Crimewatch comments) if Grange has ever alluded to searching for 'evidence and/or remains' an appropriate caveat needs to be put near to the 'donate' button? Failure to acknowledge this is (at the least) borderline misleading in my opinion... Surely?
Knitted
Knitted

Activity : 259

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top