The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!


Cameron and Brookes

Post new topic   Reply to topic

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cameron and Brookes

Post by justme3 on 09.05.12 11:11

I don't know if this has already been posted, so if it has, can you please remove it?



The biography’s authors also claim that Mr Cameron asked the Metropolitan Police to open a review into the Madeleine McCann case in May 2011 as a favour for Mrs Brooks.

In May 2011, Mr Cameron asked Scotland Yard to open a review into the Madeleine McCann case, a cause supported by The Sun, also owned by News International.

The Prime Minister’s move angered senior police officers at the Met.

The authors suggest that a debt was being repaid for The Sun’s decision to back the Conservatives at the 2010 general election.

‘There was definitely a feeling that Rebekah felt the PM owed them,’ the authors quote someone intimately involved.

Sources at No 10 told The Times that the decision on the McCann case had been taken on its merits.



http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2141662/Keep-head-What-David-Cameron-texted-Rebekah-Brooks-just-days-resigned-phone-hacking.html

justme3

Posts : 154
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron and Brookes

Post by jd on 09.05.12 11:48

Now why would Brookes be interested in using 'her favour' out of everything she could have asked for to get a review of the mccann case?
avatar
jd

Posts : 4151
Reputation : 27
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron and Brookes

Post by jd on 09.05.12 11:58

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pm-sent-head-message-brooks-084051330.html

Think its clear why Cameron and 7 other government ministers made themselves core participants last Friday! Could be interesting......

PM 'sent head up message' to Brooks

David Cameron texted Rebekah Brooks telling her to "keep her head up" in the week that she resigned as chief executive of News International, it has been alleged.

The Prime Minister told Mrs Brooks she would get through her difficulties just days before she stood down over the phone hacking scandal, an updated biography of Mr Cameron discloses.

The contact between the pair then came to an abrupt halt, the book, Cameron: Practically A Conservative, claims.

The biography, serialised in The Times, also details how the pair would often pop round to one another's houses in south Oxfordshire.

"The wider public might have liked to know too of the text message that Charlie Brooks told friends Cameron sent to Brooks at the beginning of the week in which she resigned, telling her to keep her head up and she'd get through her difficulties," authors Francis Elliott, of The Times, and James Hannin, of the Independent on Sunday, say.

"Such contact came to an abrupt halt soon afterwards, with Brooks not wanting to embarrass Cameron and he wanting to be able to say, hand on heart, that they had not been in touch. But it was claimed that Cameron did send an emissary to Brooks to mitigate his sudden coldness towards her. The gist of the message was 'Sorry I couldn't have been more loyal to you as you have been to me, but Ed Miliband had me on the run'."

The revelations come just days before Mrs Brooks and former Number 10 communications director Andy Coulson are expected to make embarrassing revelations about British politicians' attempts to woo Rupert Murdoch's newspapers.

There is speculation that the Leveson Inquiry could release emails and text messages sent between Mr Cameron and Mrs Brooks. Mrs Brooks has kept all the texts she received from the Prime Minister, of which there could have been more than 12 a day, according to Daily Telegraph columnist Peter Oborne.

Mr Coulson will appear before the inquiry on Thursday, followed by Mrs Brooks on Friday, and their potentially explosive evidence could overshadow Mr Cameron's efforts to relaunch the coalition's programme after bruising local election results for the Conservatives and Lib Dems.

Mrs Brooks is likely to disclose further details about her close relationship with the Prime Minister, while Mr Coulson will speak about how he came to be appointed the Tories' top spin doctor.
avatar
jd

Posts : 4151
Reputation : 27
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron and Brookes

Post by nomendelta on 09.05.12 12:10

Indeed that's a bit of a throwaway for a pretty BIG favour...

nomendelta

Posts : 331
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2011-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron and Brookes

Post by monkey mind on 09.05.12 12:34

@jd wrote:Now why would Brookes be interested in using 'her favour' out of everything she could have asked for to get a review of the mccann case?

It wasn't necessarily Brookes calling in the favour, note use of the word 'them'. It seems the whole of nI is firmly behind the odious G & K. How many people are capable of whipping the entire company into line?

"‘There was definitely a feeling that Rebekah felt the PM owed them,’ the authors quote someone intimately involved."

avatar
monkey mind

Posts : 616
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron and Brookes

Post by Ross on 09.05.12 12:42

Proper little nest of vipers isn't it.

____________________
"Believe nothing, no matter where you heard it, no matter who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Buddha
avatar
Ross

Posts : 205
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron and Brookes

Post by Guest on 09.05.12 13:47

The Cameron-Brooks texts begin to leak


The PM told Brooks to "keep her head up" the week she resigned.
By George Eaton Published 09 May 2012 9:06


Last week we learned that David Cameron may have texted Rebekah Brooks "a dozen" times a day. Today, courtesy of News International's the Times (£), we learn of some of the contents. An updated version of Times journalist Francis Elliott and Independent journalist James Hanning's biography of the PM, Cameron: Practically a Conservative, reveals that Cameron texted Brooks in the week she resigned as chief executive of News International to tell her "to keep her head up" (not a direct quote).

In a revelation that will certainly brighten Labour's morning, we also learn that such contact then came to an "abrupt halt", with Cameron dispatching an emissary to explain that "Ed Miliband had him on the run." And there's more: Brooks and Cameron texted each other to make sure they were not seen together at the Heythrop point-to-point; Cameron asked the Met to open a review into the Madeleine McCann case in May 2011 as "a favour" for Brooks; and Royal courtiers warned that Buckingham Palace would "think poorly" of a decision to take Andy Coulson into Downing Street.


The case for the defence is put by Oliver Letwin. "If you are on the same side as her (Brooks), you have to see her every week," he explains. "This was how it worked." In other words, the PM courted Brooks no more or less than Tony Blair and Gordon Brown. But even if we accept Letwin's assurances, the problem for Cameron is that he was the one standing up when the music stopped.

It's tempting to dismiss the Leveson inquiry (before which Coulson will testify on Thursday, followed by Brooks on Friday) as of interest only to journalists but Rebekah Brooks's name is one that has penetrated the public consciousness. As I've written before, the claim that Cameron texted her a dozen times a day (more contact than most people have with their partner) could permanently reduce him in the eyes of the public. Conversely, as Sunder Katwala notes, there are "as of now, no actual texts/emails to/from Cameron to Rebekah Brooks yet in public domain." So long as this remains the case, No. 10 will hope that it can limit the damage.


http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/politics/2012/05/inside-camerons-texts-rebekah-brooks

fan
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron and Brookes

Post by nomendelta on 09.05.12 14:01

Her involvement - or at least News International's involvement - explains why the McCanns have had the favour of 3 Prime Ministers regardless of party. Doesn't explain why NI/Brookes are involved but their influence clearly goes a long way.

nomendelta

Posts : 331
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2011-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The strongest link? - Clarence Mitchell

Post by Tony Bennett on 09.05.12 15:09

@nomendelta wrote:Her involvement - or at least News International's involvement - explains why the McCanns have had the favour of 3 Prime Ministers regardless of party. Doesn't explain why NI/Brookes are involved but their influence clearly goes a long way.
Let's not forget the continuing link in all this between the McCanns, News International & Murdoch, the Pope and the government: CLARENCE MITCHELL...

Before 6 May 2007

Head of the 40-strong Media Monitoring Unit under Tony Blair, reporting directly to the Cabinet Office, with a mission to 'control what comes out in the media'

6 May 2007

Appointed by Blair to be the government's chief public relations officer for the McCanns

Approx. 10-15 May 2007

Arranges with the help of Archbishop Cardinal Cormac Murphy O'Connor for the McCanns to meet and greet the Pope ("Rome is preparing itself for our visit")

22 May 2007

Flew out to Praia da Luz, transferred from Central Office of Information to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office

25 September 2007

Resigned from the civil service to 'work full time for the McCanns' on a salary of £75,000 a year

September 2008

Begins to work part-time for the McCanns on 40% of his former salary, i.e. £30,000 a year, paid for by generous British donors to the fund on the basis that Clarence Mitchell is helping to find Madeleine; at the same time takes a job working for Rupert Murdoch's son-in-law Matthew Freud at Freud International

March 2010

Apppointed Assitant Director of Communications in David Cameron's team to win the 2010 General Election, reporting directly to disgraced former News of the World Editor, Andy Coulson, who - as Cameron's Director of Communications - worked for about 12 months directing Cameron's spin machine, until his fall from grace

____________________

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

avatar
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 14940
Reputation : 3019
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 70
Location : Shropshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron and Brookes

Post by nomendelta on 09.05.12 15:48

Indeed and Mr Mitchell's involvement with some of the biggest crime stories of recent years is worth some scrutiny. Whilst some propose wild theories that Ian Huntley was set-up to hide a crime committed by an American Airman, the most recent link we have which points pretty clearly at a cover-up and shady shenanigans is of course Barry George's conviction for Jill Dando's murder. The police attitude after he won his appeal was quite appalling - they were sorely disappointed in the result! Not ashamed that they had botched the job or even possibly framed the wrong man - but disappointed!

There are some that suggest Dando was a tit-for-tat killing by a Serbian hitman and Blair was desperate to keep that quiet. Was Micthell useful in steering the press during this case?

nomendelta

Posts : 331
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2011-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron and Brookes

Post by jd on 09.05.12 15:52

@nomendelta wrote: There are some that suggest Dando was a tit-for-tat killing by a Serbian hitman and Blair was desperate to keep that quiet.

bravo

Remember NATO bombed & destroyed their beloved TV tower 3 days previous, which they absolutely incensed about vowing revenge on the Face of the Kosovo appeal and darling of the BBC....then it happened
avatar
jd

Posts : 4151
Reputation : 27
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron and Brookes

Post by Ross on 09.05.12 16:03

@nomendelta wrote:There are some that suggest Dando was a tit-for-tat killing by a Serbian hitman and Blair was desperate to keep that quiet. Was Micthell useful in steering the press during this case?

At risk of taking this thread off topic, the Serbian hitman story does not make sense. Serbia was the target of that war all along, there was plenty of black propaganda about them in our media, so if a popular TV personality was taken out by a Serbian we would have never heard the end of it, and the police wouldn't have bothered fitting up a local weirdo.

____________________
"Believe nothing, no matter where you heard it, no matter who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Buddha
avatar
Ross

Posts : 205
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron and Brookes

Post by nomendelta on 09.05.12 17:06

@Ross wrote:
@nomendelta wrote:There are some that suggest Dando was a tit-for-tat killing by a Serbian hitman and Blair was desperate to keep that quiet. Was Micthell useful in steering the press during this case?

At risk of taking this thread off topic, the Serbian hitman story does not make sense. Serbia was the target of that war all along, there was plenty of black propaganda about them in our media, so if a popular TV personality was taken out by a Serbian we would have never heard the end of it, and the police wouldn't have bothered fitting up a local weirdo.

Maybe yes, maybe no - thing is lots of things have been suppressed over the years and we may never actually know. Regardless the point that is relevant is that here was a VERY high profile case that the police screwed up and even when they were called on it and an appeal cleared Barry George they still wouldn't budge and to this day the crime remains unsolved. A fact that, in the face of the millions being spent on ONLY a review of the Madeleine case strikes me as somewhat bizarre.

nomendelta

Posts : 331
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2011-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron and Brookes

Post by Ross on 09.05.12 19:49

@nomendelta wrote:
Maybe yes, maybe no - thing is lots of things have been suppressed over the years and we may never actually know. Regardless the point that is relevant is that here was a VERY high profile case that the police screwed up and even when they were called on it and an appeal cleared Barry George they still wouldn't budge and to this day the crime remains unsolved. A fact that, in the face of the millions being spent on ONLY a review of the Madeleine case strikes me as somewhat bizarre.

Whether they screwed it up or whether they deliberately went off in the wrong direction is moot, but as you say I doubt we will ever know. As for the 'review', bizarre is the right word. As far as I know such a thing is unprecedented, not an investigation, not an enquiry, just an ad-hoc exercise with no legal basis or even clear objective as far as I can see.

____________________
"Believe nothing, no matter where you heard it, no matter who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Buddha
avatar
Ross

Posts : 205
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron and Brookes

Post by nomendelta on 09.05.12 20:30

Well it's about sewing threads together - Clarrie darling was hot on the scene, he's in charge of what the press say (to a large extent), rumours abound of his connection to the Intelligence services...was he on the scene to make sure what info was released?

nomendelta

Posts : 331
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2011-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

R. Brooks

Post by crispyroll on 09.05.12 21:14

I remember someone saying on Twitter that R. Brooks, who was working for the News of the World that time, knows what happened to Madeleine McCann. This comment was made several month ago and I can not remember by whom.
Today we have read in the Press that Brooks asked Cameron to review the case. I have asked myself what could the benefit be for her to have the case reviewed? Sympathy for the McCanns because she is completeley convinced of their innocence? Every day stories for the News of the World of silly sightings to sell more papers?
The public would get bored with these sightings during the years.
Maybe the phones of McCanns were hacked and she really got to know something. She can not tell that she knows of phone hacking and so she wants the review. Possible?
It is not normal with this case and something strange is going on.

crispyroll

Posts : 29
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron and Brookes

Post by Ross on 09.05.12 21:41

@nomendelta wrote:Well it's about sewing threads together - Clarrie darling was hot on the scene, he's in charge of what the press say (to a large extent), rumours abound of his connection to the Intelligence services...was he on the scene to make sure what info was released?

Brookes, Cameron D, Cameron S (nee Aster), Clegg N, Clegg M, Freud, Murdoch(s), Blair, Brown, Branson etc. etc, The threads do all tie together, a hidden structure of power, utterly corrupt and very, very dark. People do not arrive in positions of power and wealth because they merit it but because they are put there. Faustian pacts all round. The world is not what we are told, not by a long chalk. As for Mitchell's status, well let's put it this way, I'm sure there were plenty of *ahem* 'Foreign Office employees' on the ground covertly in PDL straight away, if not several days before May 3rd. If something had to be disposed of, experts in such matters would have been deployed to do the disposing.

____________________
"Believe nothing, no matter where you heard it, no matter who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Buddha
avatar
Ross

Posts : 205
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron and Brookes

Post by jd on 09.05.12 21:49

Do something decent in your life Brooks and spill the beans on Friday!
avatar
jd

Posts : 4151
Reputation : 27
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron and Brookes

Post by nomendelta on 09.05.12 21:50

@Ross wrote:
@nomendelta wrote:Well it's about sewing threads together - Clarrie darling was hot on the scene, he's in charge of what the press say (to a large extent), rumours abound of his connection to the Intelligence services...was he on the scene to make sure what info was released?

Brookes, Cameron D, Cameron S (nee Aster), Clegg N, Clegg M, Freud, Murdoch(s), Blair, Brown, Branson etc. etc, The threads do all tie together, a hidden structure of power, utterly corrupt and very, very dark. People do not arrive in positions of power and wealth because they merit it but because they are put there. Faustian pacts all round. The world is not what we are told, not by a long chalk. As for Mitchell's status, well let's put it this way, I'm sure there were plenty of *ahem* 'Foreign Office employees' on the ground covertly in PDL straight away, if not several days before May 3rd. If something had to be disposed of, experts in such matters would have been deployed to do the disposing.

I am quoting this purely for the truth I feel it contains.

nomendelta

Posts : 331
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2011-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron and Brookes

Post by tigger on 10.05.12 6:32

@nomendelta wrote:
@Ross wrote:
@nomendelta wrote:Well it's about sewing threads together - Clarrie darling was hot on the scene, he's in charge of what the press say (to a large extent), rumours abound of his connection to the Intelligence services...was he on the scene to make sure what info was released?

Brookes, Cameron D, Cameron S (nee Aster), Clegg N, Clegg M, Freud, Murdoch(s), Blair, Brown, Branson etc. etc, The threads do all tie together, a hidden structure of power, utterly corrupt and very, very dark. People do not arrive in positions of power and wealth because they merit it but because they are put there. Faustian pacts all round. The world is not what we are told, not by a long chalk. As for Mitchell's status, well let's put it this way, I'm sure there were plenty of *ahem* 'Foreign Office employees' on the ground covertly in PDL straight away, if not several days before May 3rd. If something had to be disposed of, experts in such matters would have been deployed to do the disposing.

I am quoting this purely for the truth I feel it contains.

I agree with everything - except the line I bolded.
The disposal left an amazing number of clues - lost and then never existing tennis bags, a disused barn with evidence left and analyzed. Plus telephone activity which places one of the T7 at the barn. Subsequently the Renault car boot etc.
Plastic bag found with shower curtain and clothes. Far too messy.
Imo the whole thing is the mess it is, because the damage had already been done by the time the troops arrived. If they'd been involved totally from the start - not a whisper would have come out.
Why the good people of Britain (and I mean this - only people who cannot imagine what really happened) still 'believe' in this new religion of the 'Holy McCanns' is due to the unremitting publicity.
Mundi vult decipi - ergo decipiatur. One of the Latin tags I can still remember - The world wants to be deceived - therefore it is deceived.


____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 50
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron and Brookes

Post by justme3 on 10.05.12 11:59

Yes, we need to keep reminding ourselves about things that have been buried in the archives of our minds. Remember this:

"Respected Spanish newspaper "El Mundo" has written about a bloody towel found at a barn in Portugal which has forensic evidence on it linking it to both Madeleine and the renault scenic hired by the McCanns. Police were led to the barn after intercepting phone calls made by Gerry McCann and Russell O'Brien. Both of these deny being there but the phone calls provide irreputable proof that they are lying".

Whatever happened to this information?

justme3

Posts : 154
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron and Brookes

Post by nomendelta on 10.05.12 13:20

The towel is interesting - regardless of the inconclusive findings of the DNA found in the car, surely the towel has some importance?

nomendelta

Posts : 331
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2011-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron and Brookes

Post by aiyoyo on 10.05.12 14:12

@tigger wrote:
@nomendelta wrote:
@Ross wrote:
@nomendelta wrote:Well it's about sewing threads together - Clarrie darling was hot on the scene, he's in charge of what the press say (to a large extent), rumours abound of his connection to the Intelligence services...was he on the scene to make sure what info was released?

Brookes, Cameron D, Cameron S (nee Aster), Clegg N, Clegg M, Freud, Murdoch(s), Blair, Brown, Branson etc. etc, The threads do all tie together, a hidden structure of power, utterly corrupt and very, very dark. People do not arrive in positions of power and wealth because they merit it but because they are put there. Faustian pacts all round. The world is not what we are told, not by a long chalk. As for Mitchell's status, well let's put it this way, I'm sure there were plenty of *ahem* 'Foreign Office employees' on the ground covertly in PDL straight away, if not several days before May 3rd. If something had to be disposed of, experts in such matters would have been deployed to do the disposing.

I am quoting this purely for the truth I feel it contains.

I agree with everything - except the line I bolded.
The disposal left an amazing number of clues - lost and then never existing tennis bags, a disused barn with evidence left and analyzed. Plus telephone activity which places one of the T7 at the barn. Subsequently the Renault car boot etc.
Plastic bag found with shower curtain and clothes. Far too messy.
Imo the whole thing is the mess it is, because the damage had already been done by the time the troops arrived. If they'd been involved totally from the start - not a whisper would have come out.
Why the good people of Britain (and I mean this - only people who cannot imagine what really happened) still 'believe' in this new religion of the 'Holy McCanns' is due to the unremitting publicity.
Mundi vult decipi - ergo decipiatur. One of the Latin tags I can still remember - The world wants to be deceived - therefore it is deceived.


The troop may not have been involved from the start but its not beyond the realm of possibility that they were involved later. That would explain why the body disappeared so effectively that the mccanns are SO confident it will never be found.

What I find strange is also Andy Redwood's comment that conspiracy theory is not true. What gave him the idea about speculation of conspiracy theory. Was this posited by the newspapers? If so from where did the newspapers get that idea?



avatar
aiyoyo

Posts : 9610
Reputation : 324
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron and Brookes

Post by aiyoyo on 10.05.12 14:20

Resigned from the civil service to 'work full time for the McCanns' on a salary of £75,000 a year

Good grief, $75K for a spokesperson paid out of the Fund! That pay would be at par with his civil servant salary I would imagine.

Who ever heard of parents of missing child needing an "expensive" PR person to spin the media, when the Fund was proclaimed to be for the "search". And the kind public who donated to a cause are kept in the dark, all thanks to this $75K/year spin-master effective control of what comes out of the media.

If this is not fishy I dont know what is - a highly paid civil servant giving up a secured post working for the most powerful establishment in the country to represent a pair of "suspects" who were nonentities if not for their notoriety of losing their first born!



avatar
aiyoyo

Posts : 9610
Reputation : 324
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron and Brookes

Post by jd on 10.05.12 15:46

Anyone know what the 'family' connection is between Cameron and Brooks? Coulson saying there was one according to BBC scroller
avatar
jd

Posts : 4151
Reputation : 27
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum