The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine Winessses Asked To Reline Night She Disppeared (Express) Mm11

Madeleine Winessses Asked To Reline Night She Disppeared (Express) Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine Winessses Asked To Reline Night She Disppeared (Express) Mm11

Madeleine Winessses Asked To Reline Night She Disppeared (Express) Regist10

Madeleine Winessses Asked To Reline Night She Disppeared (Express)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madeleine Winessses Asked To Reline Night She Disppeared (Express) Empty Madeleine Winessses Asked To Reline Night She Disppeared (Express)

Post by Guest001 15.05.11 0:21

MADELEINE MCCANN WITNESSES ASKED TO RELIVE NIGHT SHE DISAPPEARED

Sunday May 15 2011 by James Murray

KEY witnesses in and around the Ocean Club resort complex when Madeleine McCann disappeared should be asked to take part in a re‑enactment to help the Scotland Yard hunt for the child.

Former Yard Commander Dai ­Davies believes a controversial reconstruction with Kate and Gerry McCann, their holiday friends and others could be vital in encouraging new witnesses to come forward.

When top Portuguese detective Paulo Rebelo took over the case he was frustrated at not being able to stage a reconstruction as he believed it could provide a breakthrough.

However, at that time there were strains in the relationship with the McCanns, the so-called Tapas Seven and Portuguese police and there was suspicion about the motives of such an exercise.

Mr Davies, head of royal protection at the Yard and now a respected ­security consultant, said: “I believe a reconstruction should be one of the ideas on the table and it should be seriously considered, although it would obviously have to be handled very gently and diplomatically.

“Reconstructions screened on Crimewatch many, many years after serious crimes have been crucial in solving complex and difficult inquiries. If the reconstruction was screened across Europe it may inspire someone to come forward with crucial information.”

Jane Tanner, the friend of the McCanns who claimed she saw a man carrying a child near apartment 5a of the complex at Praia da Luz on Portugal’s Algarve on May 3, 2007, days before Madeleine’s fourth birthday, has already taken part in a partial reconstruction for a TV ­documentary.

Another crucial witness is Irishman Martin Smith, who also saw a man carrying a child in his arms later in the evening.

Mr Davies said: “As well as these important witnesses it would be useful to seek the cooperation of others who were working at the tapas bar.

“With the close involvement of the Yard and cooperation with all the important witnesses and an agreement for a filmed version to be screened on Crimewatch and its ­Portuguese equivalent, I believe a reconstruction would be very useful. I also think the Yard should conduct a ­thorough overhaul of all the forensic evidence as something may have been missed and they should trawl over the crucial witnesses to see if a line of inquiry was not pursued.

“A lot of photofits have been ­produced over the years and the team will be anxious to try to identify those people.” John O’Connor, former head of the Yard’s Flying Squad, said: “They are lucky in that there is already a mountain of evidence to go through and analyse and they are very good at that. They are very good at concentrating on the really important leads and how they were pursued.”

Although the Portuguese police publicly released scores of files on the case, they withheld documents with details of British people living in the area with criminal records for sex offences.

That information will now come under the microscope of the Yard’s elite Homicide and Serious Crime Command unit.

Det Chief Insp Andy Redwood will lead the team and he will be reporting to Det Chief Supt Hamish Campbell, Operational Command Unit commander. The senior officer in overall charge is ­Commander Simon Foy.

Mr Campbell is used to handling difficult, high profile cases as he was responsible for investigating the ­murder of BBC news presenter Jill Dando and is known for his attention to detail and his tenacity.

It is expected DCI Redwood will at times have 10 officers working for him and he will split them up into groups concentrating on different aspects of the case.

He is expected to travel to Portugal later in the month with a small team to liaise with ­detectives in Lisbon and Portimao, some 20 miles from Luz. Portuguese police are still the lead force in the investigation.

In her book, Madeleine, published last week, Kate McCann, 43, revealed the existence of a note in the Ocean Club staff message book saying that the families were leaving their ­children behind each night.

She said: “I was dismayed. This was a glaring light to a child taker and yet no mention is made of it in the files until December 2007. December 2007! Seven months after Madeleine’s abduction! I could only conclude that its relevance had not been appreciated by the police.”

One avenue the officers will explore is whether sightings of Madeleine were taken seriously and properly examined. Last week an elderly woman contacted the Sunday Express to say she saw Madeleine at the Spanish coastal town of Torrevieja, near Murcia, the day after the kidnapping.

The woman, aged 81, said she and her husband saw a girl with a suspicious looking man near some shops. She said: “It was definitely Madeleine because I recognised the mark in her eye. I went to the police there and I have been to British police but I don’t believe the sighting was properly investigated.”

We have passed on details of this incident to private investigators ­working for the McCanns.

Last week we revealed that ­German youth worker Martin N, who is being questioned about a spate of child murders across Europe, will be asked if he was in Praia da Luz when Madeleine vanished.

German police say he has ­confessed to one child murder and will be questioned about some 40 sex attacks.
Anonymous
Guest001

Back to top Go down

Madeleine Winessses Asked To Reline Night She Disppeared (Express) Empty Re: Madeleine Winessses Asked To Reline Night She Disppeared (Express)

Post by Mg5 15.05.11 2:04

Omg, here we go again, will this be a new round of sightings coming up? So this lady is 81 eh, with good eyesight, close enough to see a mark clearly in the childs eye? My goodness, that must have been close enough to grab the child, why didn't they, if they were so sure? Madeleine Winessses Asked To Reline Night She Disppeared (Express) 234726

Stroll on!
Anonymous
Mg5

Back to top Go down

Madeleine Winessses Asked To Reline Night She Disppeared (Express) Empty Re: Madeleine Winessses Asked To Reline Night She Disppeared (Express)

Post by ROSA 15.05.11 2:30

In her book, Madeleine, published last week, Kate McCann, 43, revealed the existence of a note in the Ocean Club staff message book saying that the families were leaving their ­children behind each night.
charge all the familys with child abuse neglect now because thats exactly what the tapas 9 were all doing
the fist charge
the 2nd
3rd
4th
who knows how many charges will come out of this
Madeleine Winessses Asked To Reline Night She Disppeared (Express) 636506
ROSA
ROSA

Activity : 2108

Back to top Go down

Madeleine Winessses Asked To Reline Night She Disppeared (Express) Empty Dai Davies is a McCann backer

Post by Cheshire Cat 15.05.11 19:11

Don't be fooled into thinking Dai Davies wants justice for Madeleine, he is another associate of Mitchell and supporter of the McCanns.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2007/09/27/retired-north-wales-cop-backs-mccanns-over-madeleine-55578-19853338/
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth 15.05.11 19:35

charge all the familys with child abuse neglect now because thats exactly what the tapas 9 were all doing
the fist charge
the 2nd
3rd
4th
who knows how many charges will come out of this

I think you may need some anger management there luv!
Now back to the point of the thread.........

Irrespective of whether or not the old boot was 81,  did the PJ investigate it propertly or was it ignored and left on the scrap heap, because, if Goncalo Amaral is as arrogant as he appears then my guess is that it most likely was. Just like the fact that Amaral didn't publicly mention the Smith sighting and persue an abductor until the Smiths mentioned a liking to Gerry. Then it strangely became all very apparentMadeleine Winessses Asked To Reline Night She Disppeared (Express) 181154 

Anonymous
Garth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.05.11 20:00

Now you're having a little gigle Garth, a sarcastic one to boot big grin Martin Smith's was interviewed by the PJ ........................

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm

Why did Brian Kennedy go to see a witness in an investigation?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth 15.05.11 20:11

...........because the McCanns couldn't interfere with any witnessese. Now if you're looking for the underlying reasons, then I'm sure the McCanns wanted confirmation of this rather than believe what was in the press, after all, it was an independent witness seen carrying a child on the night shortly after Madeleine went missing.

I'd want to know, agruido or not, wouldnt you?
Anonymous
Garth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.05.11 20:45

Garth wrote:...........because the McCanns couldn't interfere with any witnessese. Now if you're looking for the underlying reasons, then I'm sure the McCanns wanted confirmation of this rather than believe what was in the press, after all, it was an independent witness seen carrying a child on the night shortly after Madeleine went missing.

I'd want to know, agruido or not, wouldnt you?

Mr Smith gave his first statement to the police on 26th May 2007, and I'm sure the PJ would have told the McCanns about this sighting. We were told at the beginning that there was full co-operation between them, the press got hold of it when the files were released, but as I said, the McCanns were probably informed of this. You say the McCanns couldn't interfere with any witness, can anyone else then?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth 15.05.11 21:07

The Smiths informed the PJ on May 4th

The pj only have control over arguidos.....for obvious reasons.
Anonymous
Garth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.05.11 21:11

Garth wrote:The Smiths informed the PJ on May 4th

The pj only have control over arguidos.....for obvious reasons.

But they weren't arguidos until September 2007. I think they would have known about this sighting way back in May, they said in interviews early on they had good communication with the PJ.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mg5 16.05.11 0:53

You are having a laugh Garth, she told the Spanish and British police, if they didn't pass the information on, be a bit difficult for the Pj to investigate further. I am sure it was passed on by the Spanish police but I do not know for certain and our fine British police wouldn't hold back on vital information for months on end would they? Surely not........ lol!
Anonymous
Mg5

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 16.05.11 4:11

Garth wrote:I think you may need some anger management there luv!

i think you should give your advise to kate as i dont smash beds luv! Madeleine Winessses Asked To Reline Night She Disppeared (Express) 582355
ROSA
ROSA

Activity : 2108

Back to top Go down

Post by Baronstu 20.05.11 1:34

Garth, The McCanns knew about the Smith sighting, because IMHO Gerald was there!
Baronstu

Activity : 118

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top