The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

THE SALSALITO SUMMIT, 13 November 2007 Mm11

THE SALSALITO SUMMIT, 13 November 2007 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

THE SALSALITO SUMMIT, 13 November 2007 Mm11

THE SALSALITO SUMMIT, 13 November 2007 Regist10

THE SALSALITO SUMMIT, 13 November 2007

View previous topic View next topic Go down

THE SALSALITO SUMMIT, 13 November 2007 Empty THE SALSALITO SUMMIT, 13 November 2007

Post by Tony Bennett 02.10.18 21:27

I have for some time, on and off, being trying to emphasise the supreme importance of what I call the 'SALSALITO SUMMIT' meeting, which took place at the home of Ralph & Sally Eveleigh on 13 November 2007. It was a very critical moment, occurring just a few days before another lawyered-up summit meeting at Rothley Court Manor Hotel, Rothley, Leicestershire - and days before that all-important first Madeleine McCann documentary by the BBC Panorama show on 19 November 2007.

Today CMOMM member @ Phoebe has asked where to find information about the Salsalito Summit. I am grateful that she has asked, and in honour of her I am opening this thread for anyone to contribute information about or surrounding this event, or ask any questions about it.

There isn't a great deal of direct information about the Salsalito summit, in fact the McCanns and the Murats tried to keep it a complete secret, until two weeks later news of it was leaked to a Portuguese newspaper.

I don't have a finished article available on Salsalito, so I will begin with a few scraps of information about it, to which anyone can add. Brian Kennedy was at the Salsalito Summit meeting. Earlier in the day he met with the PJ in Portimao. I will be writing about that meeting as well, and IIRC there is a bit about that in the PJ files.

I begin with a short extract from an article written by Seamus McGuigan for the Madeleine Foundation back in June 2011. It's a short extract from a long timeline:

=========      

1.  13 November 2007: Brian Kennedy flew out to attend two meetings in Portugal

2.The first of these, both on the same date, 13 November, was with the Policia Judiciária (Portuguese Police) and Francisco Marco and Antonio Jimenez Raso of Método 3

3. At the second of these meetings, Brian Kennedy had his lawyer Edward Smethurst with him and dined at the Eveleighs’ house with Robert Murat, Robert Murat’s lawyer, Francisco Pagarete, his mother, Jennifer Murat, and his aunt and uncle Robert Eveleigh and Sally Eveleigh. Kennedy says the meeting was simply to ask Robert Murat for help in solving the mystery of what really happened to Madeleine McCann. It is more likely to have been some kind of ‘deal’ between Kennedy and Murat and their respective lawyers

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

THE SALSALITO SUMMIT, 13 November 2007 Empty Re: THE SALSALITO SUMMIT, 13 November 2007

Post by Phoebe 03.10.18 1:00

@ Tony Bennett. Thank you. As I posted on another thread the only information I seem to be able to uncover about this meeting all seems to stem from a report by Steven Swinford, a journalist who has written several pieces which are very sympathetic to the Mccanns. Other than this I found a piece attributed to Keir Simmons of ITV ( which appears on Joanna Morais' site dated 9 years ago). According to Simmons, Francisco Pagarete (Murat's laywer) confirmed to him that Murat was taking legal action against Jane Tanner.
Phoebe

Activity : 3046

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top