The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Retired detective thinks Madeleine McCann could be found through facebook Mm11

Retired detective thinks Madeleine McCann could be found through facebook Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Retired detective thinks Madeleine McCann could be found through facebook Mm11

Retired detective thinks Madeleine McCann could be found through facebook Regist10

Retired detective thinks Madeleine McCann could be found through facebook

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Retired detective thinks Madeleine McCann could be found through facebook Empty Retired detective thinks Madeleine McCann could be found through facebook

Post by Jill Havern 07.08.17 16:24

Another ex-Scotland Yard detective talking utter rubbish.

So she has Social media and Facebook access in her "Hellish Lair in the Lawless Hinterlands with 10 miles of PdL “
That was the previous retired detective's conclusion, was it not.

http://extra.ie/news/world-news/retired-detective-madeleine-mccann-facebook

A retired detective believes it might be possible to trace Madeleine McCann through Facebook.

Mick Neville, a former investigator at Scotland Yard, thinks that the website’s facial recognition software could be used to try and locate the missing child.

Speaking to The Sun he said: ‘If she was still alive – and there is no proof she is not – then by using a combined tactic of technology and people with advanced facial recognition skills you could potentially find where Madeleine is today.’

Neville thinks that the distinctive black mark running from Madeleine’s pupil could be very useful if a facial recognition investigation was carried out.

He continued: ‘If an image search was carried out for females in an age range of three to 15 with this eye marking then you may only have a few hundred in the UK and tens of thousands worldwide.

‘It would be an easily manageable number to scan through.’

The forensics expert is working under the assumption that Madeleine would have access to social media if she is still alive

‘She would now be a girl of almost 14 years old. If she is being brought up by a childless couple then it is probable she uses Facebook or Snapchat, like all children of that age do. They are drawn to social media,’ he said.

‘If this were the scenario then I also think it would be difficult for any family not to have put a digital image of Madeleine on the internet somewhere at some point.’

Mr Neville thinks that the image search could even be stretched beyond social media and into police databases.

He said that while Interpol have no single worldwide database for abused children, he thinks that technology could be used to scan pedophilia databases of individual law enforcement organisations all over the world.

Any images of children with the same eye condition could then be reviewed by special investigators called ‘super recognisers’, 140 of which have worked on the Madeleine McCann case.

The investigation technique was suggested in the wake of a ‘significant line of inquiry’ being established by police in the UK.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41606

Back to top Go down

Retired detective thinks Madeleine McCann could be found through facebook Empty Re: Retired detective thinks Madeleine McCann could be found through facebook

Post by bobbin 07.08.17 16:47

Get'emGonçalo wrote:Another ex-Scotland Yard detective talking utter rubbish.

So she has Social media and Facebook access in her "Hellish Lair in the Lawless Hinterlands with 10 miles of PdL “
That was the previous retired detective's conclusion, was it not.

http://extra.ie/news/world-news/retired-detective-madeleine-mccann-facebook

A retired detective believes it might be possible to trace Madeleine McCann through Facebook.

Mick Neville, a former investigator at Scotland Yard, thinks that the website’s facial recognition software could be used to try and locate the missing child.

Speaking to The Sun he said: ‘If she was still alive – and there is no proof she is not – then by using a combined tactic of technology and people with advanced facial recognition skills you could potentially find where Madeleine is today.’

Neville thinks that the distinctive black mark running from Madeleine’s pupil could be very useful if a facial recognition investigation was carried out.

He continued: ‘If an image search was carried out for females in an age range of three to 15 with this eye marking then you may only have a few hundred in the UK and tens of thousands worldwide.

‘It would be an easily manageable number to scan through.’

The forensics expert is working under the assumption that Madeleine would have access to social media if she is still alive

‘She would now be a girl of almost 14 years old. If she is being brought up by a childless couple then it is probable she uses Facebook or Snapchat, like all children of that age do. They are drawn to social media,’ he said.

‘If this were the scenario then I also think it would be difficult for any family not to have put a digital image of Madeleine on the internet somewhere at some point.’

Mr Neville thinks that the image search could even be stretched beyond social media and into police databases.

He said that while Interpol have no single worldwide database for abused children, he thinks that technology could be used to scan pedophilia databases of individual law enforcement organisations all over the world.

Any images of children with the same eye condition could then be reviewed by special investigators called ‘super recognisers’, 140 of which have worked on the Madeleine McCann case.

The investigation technique was suggested in the wake of a ‘significant line of inquiry’ being established by police in the UK.
Perhaps Mick Neville needs to update the proposed data base so it can scan girls' eyes that were claimed to have a coloboma but who actually didn't have, really, at all, just a fleck, according to Kate's change of tune somewhere along the 10 year road of the search for her missing daughter.
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Retired detective thinks Madeleine McCann could be found through facebook Empty Re: Retired detective thinks Madeleine McCann could be found through facebook

Post by MRNOODLES 07.08.17 17:02

IMO it sounds like an old pervert's excuse to obtain passwords to rifle through pictures of 14 year old girls.

I'm not saying the copper is dodgy. The idea has been run up the flag pole by dodgy people and picked up by others.
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by dhpaul 07.08.17 17:47

I'm not too hot on modern technology, but I thought you had to be alive to be looking at Facebook.
dhpaul

Activity : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer 07.08.17 17:49

Oh look , another retired detective jumping on the bandwagon !

Are all these retired detectives struggling on their pensions ?

Activity : 2374

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 07.08.17 18:50

Someone please tell these fools that the only thing that they will find on Facebook is the true facts of the case and sadly they point to death of Madeleine and the concealment of her body.
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11200

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 07.08.17 20:08

Interesting little clip from this nonsense report..

'Any images of children with the same eye condition could then be reviewed by special investigators called ‘super recognisers’, 140 of which have worked on the Madeleine McCann case.'

1.  What eye condition would that be?  The coloboma - the hardly noticeable fleck in the eye - the LOQK - or the 'now you see it now you don't' condition?

2.  140 special investigators called 'super recognisers' who worked on the Madeleine McCann case?  News to me.  Clearly they failed to recognize anything productive, their super powers must have been on the wane.

I remember this story being run by  UK mainstream media back in April 2017 - it was rubbish then, it's rubbish now.

According to the April Telegraph report, Mick Neville is a retired detective chief inspector (another one?) and former forensics expert.  I wonder if he had connections with the defunct UK Forensic Science Service, who so inadequately handled the forensic analysis of samples harvested during the PJ investigation.

Pity these ex-cops can't put their talents to better use, like PeterMac, rather than trying to supplement their pensions by hooking up with the insatiable media.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo 07.08.17 21:27

Will they stoop so low now to access everyones biometrics that this is what they want? To scan all these girls eyes?
Maybe this was the sinister plan all along.
Or its just politicians not letting any publicity go to waste, to further their plans re. Biometrics, which are already being used widely on our schoolchildren already.

Activity : 727

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 07.08.17 22:38

So now we could have a bunch of officers like Jim Gamble  stalking little girls on social media - how low will these clowns sink?

The funny part is that this idiot really thinks that Madeleines' abductor is going to allow her to access social media where all she need to say is "help me, I am Madeleine McCann and I am in *********".  But, then that wouldn't help her at all if the Sun found out about that and alerted her abductor. 

Madeleine was four in May 2007, she would at the very least remember her own name, if not her family members.  She would know that she didn't belong to this family.  Its not as if she was a few months old and remember nothing, so if she did have access to social media, she could speak out. But, that's assuming that she hasn't been deprived of an education and is able to read & write.  Her abductors are hardly likely to send her to school, are they?
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11200

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by polyenne 08.08.17 13:42

The major Western governments desperately need a way to be able to identify anyone & everyone and to track their whereabouts worldwide as & when they wish.

To this end, certainly in the UK, they suggested the carrying of identity cards but this would only have applied to those over a certain age and was a glib initial foray to see how people reacted....and they didn't react favourably (certainly not those who could see the bigger picture).

So, for ID AND tracking purposes, what better way than micro-chips, inserted at birth (either with permission or without) with as much detail as required (you can get an awful lot of data onto a micro-chip these days). Problem solved.

Oh, and that chip can be updated at every opportunity to include medical history etc etc.

The problem then becomes that those chips become a valuable commodity on the black market.
polyenne

Activity : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP 08.08.17 17:07

I don't see the need for an ID card, "terrorists" usually carry their passports around with them.
JRP

Activity : 1176

Back to top Go down

Post by polyenne 08.08.17 17:18

What, the ones that flutter down from the Twin Towers or miraculously survive a suicide bomb ?
Oh yes, silly me
polyenne

Activity : 1575

Back to top Go down

Retired detective thinks Madeleine McCann could be found through facebook Empty super recognisors not super powers...

Post by worriedmum 08.08.17 18:45

'Super recognisor' just means that you have the ability to recall and to distinguish between faces from the briefest of views and 'out of context'.  I haven't heard of them being used in an age-progression situation before. I have taken part in university studies and I am myself a 'super recognisor'. Unfortunately I do not have a flowing cape,cannot scale buildings, fly, read minds or wear my underpants over my tights...
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP 08.08.17 21:32

It's just a ploy to back up the Madeleine is still alive theory to the incredibly gullible public.

The ex-detectives aren't stupid enough to believe that Madeleine McCann uses Facebook, they just hope that we are stupid enough to believe it.

It's a bad case of, I'll say anything for money ex-top cop syndrome.
JRP

Activity : 1176

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum