The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Curse of Jill Havern & CMOMM - Bernard Hogan-Howe announces his retirement after he hears about Jill's letter - 29 Sep 2016 Mm11

The Curse of Jill Havern & CMOMM - Bernard Hogan-Howe announces his retirement after he hears about Jill's letter - 29 Sep 2016 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Curse of Jill Havern & CMOMM - Bernard Hogan-Howe announces his retirement after he hears about Jill's letter - 29 Sep 2016 Mm11

The Curse of Jill Havern & CMOMM - Bernard Hogan-Howe announces his retirement after he hears about Jill's letter - 29 Sep 2016 Regist10

The Curse of Jill Havern & CMOMM - Bernard Hogan-Howe announces his retirement after he hears about Jill's letter - 29 Sep 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Curse of Jill Havern & CMOMM - Bernard Hogan-Howe announces his retirement after he hears about Jill's letter - 29 Sep 2016 Empty The Curse of Jill Havern & CMOMM - Bernard Hogan-Howe announces his retirement after he hears about Jill's letter - 29 Sep 2016

Post by Tony Bennett 29.09.16 9:37

Just announced on SKY News!

Your letter may have to be dealt with by the next Met Police Commissioner, Jill

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

The Curse of Jill Havern & CMOMM - Bernard Hogan-Howe announces his retirement after he hears about Jill's letter - 29 Sep 2016 Empty Re: The Curse of Jill Havern & CMOMM - Bernard Hogan-Howe announces his retirement after he hears about Jill's letter - 29 Sep 2016

Post by Jill Havern 29.09.16 9:42

The Curse of Jill Havern & CMOMM - Bernard Hogan-Howe announces his retirement after he hears about Jill's letter - 29 Sep 2016 Bhh10

For any new guests visiting the forum today (welcome!), the letter I sent to Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe, and to Theresa May, Prime Minister, about Operation Grange, can be read here:

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t13163-letter-sent-today-to-the-prime-minister-and-sir-bernard-hogan-howe-suggesting-met-police-enquiry-into-maddie-mccann-mystery-is-not-genuine

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41400

Back to top Go down

The Curse of Jill Havern & CMOMM - Bernard Hogan-Howe announces his retirement after he hears about Jill's letter - 29 Sep 2016 Empty Re: The Curse of Jill Havern & CMOMM - Bernard Hogan-Howe announces his retirement after he hears about Jill's letter - 29 Sep 2016

Post by Jill Havern 29.09.16 9:59

Tony Bennett wrote:Just announced on SKY News!

Your letter may have to be dealt with by the next Met Police Commissioner, Jill
big grin  He would have received my letter today, too.

I hope it wasn't anything I said.

Maybe the next Met Police Commissioner won't have been directly involved with the McCanns - didn't he do a balloon launch or something for them?

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 29.09.16 10:12

Nah, he’s got till next February. Surely even he can’t prevaricate that long!

Met commissioner Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe to retire

13 minutes ago
From the section 
London

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe is to retire after five years as the commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, the force has announced.

Sir Bernard, who was appointed to the role in September 2011, will remain in post until February to allow for his successor to be appointed.
During his time in charge, he oversaw policing of the London riots and the Olympic Games.
Sir Bernard said it had been a "great privilege" to serve as commissioner.
"I have loved my time in the role and I have loved being a police officer," he said.
"It's the most rewarding of jobs to protect good people and lock up the bad guys."

According to the Met, crime has fallen by around 18% during the time Sir Bernard has been in post.
However, he has also faced controversy including questions about the Met's handling of inquiries into historical abuse allegations.
A 16-month investigation was launched after claims that boys were sexually abused by public figures more than 30 years ago, but it closed in March without a single arrest.
The commissioner had been expected to remain in the role until at least September next year after then-Home Secretary Theresa May recommended the Queen approve a 12-month extension to his contract which was due to expire this month.
Home Secretary Amber Rudd called Sir Bernard a "determined crimefighter and an inspirational senior officer".
Mayor of London Sadiq Khan thanked him "for his years of service and dedication to keeping Londoners safe".

1979: Joins South Yorkshire Police
            1997: Assistant Chief Constable, Merseyside Police
            2001: Assistant Commissioner, Metropolitan Police
            2004: Chief Constable of Merseyside
            2009: HM Inspectorate of Constabulary
            2011: Metropolitan Police Commissioner

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-37503648
Doug D

Activity : 5283

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 29.09.16 10:27

Sequence of Events

Scene 1: At 10 Downing Street. Theresa May (TM) is meeting foreign dignatories. Enter the Head of the Cabinet Office (HCO)

HCO: Sorry to interrupt, Prime Minister, but you must read this NOW!

TM: What is it?

HCO: Jill Havern has posted up a letter stating that Operation Grange was corrupt from the start!

TM: Whaaaat?!*&*!?!!*! Let me look at it. Honoured guests, would you excuse me for a moment or two?

Ten minutes later…

TM to HCO: This is all Cameron’s doing! Get me Hogan-Howe (BHH) NOW!

BHH: Yes, Theresa, what is it?

TM: Don’t you ‘Theresa’ me anymore, Mr Hogan-Howe! Your remit was wrong from Day One wasn’t it? And who the heck put Hamish Campbell in charge of this investigation after he screwed up on the Jill Dando murder? Answer me that!

BHH: Well, Prime Minister, it’s like this, you see, er, you know, we sort of…

RM: Enough, Hogan-Howe. Your written resignation on my desk before 9am sharp romorrow, or you’re fired!

Bang! Click!    

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 29.09.16 10:34

big grin  You wish!

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 29.09.16 12:04

Getting 'out' before the fan ? re: OG in 'April 2017'?

HH 'gone' in February 2017.

'Remind me, Operation Grange, you say, nahhh, nuffink to do wiv me, Guv!'
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 29.09.16 12:07

TM allegedly refused to accept BHH's resignation in 2014 as Home Secretary.
I wonder what changed her mind as Prime Minister?
There isn't a lot of continuity on OG is there? Andy Redwood. Nicola Wall. BHH. The only continuity seems to be the endless pot of money being poured in.
Perhaps TM has read and digested every jot and tittle of Jill's letter. 
Perhaps it is not too late for her to be re-considering Rebekah Wade's (as she then was) astonishing admission to the Home Affairs Committee that they (Andy Coulson and she) had PAID police "in the past". Footage still on Youtube I believe. I swear Coulson kicked her under the table. 
This would be the same Rebekah Brooks who threatened persuaded, DC to start the narrow remit review.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 29.09.16 12:20

Mirage wrote:TM allegedly refused to accept BHH's resignation in 2014 as Home Secretary.
I wonder what changed her mind as Prime Minister?
There isn't a lot of continuity on OG is there? Andy Redwood. Nicola Wall. BHH. The only continuity seems to be the endless pot of money being poured in.
Perhaps TM has read and digested every jot and tittle of Jill's letter. 
Perhaps it is not too late for her to be re-considering Rebekah Wade's (as she then was) astonishing admission to the Home Affairs Committee that they (Andy Coulson and she) had PAID police "in the past". Footage still on Youtube I believe. I swear Coulson kicked her under the table. 
This would be the same Rebekah Brooks who threatened persuaded, DC to start the narrow remit review.
Theresa May was appointed Home Secretary by Cameron after the 2010 General Election.

She was Home Secretary for over 6 years - the longest anyone has been in post as Home Secretary for decades.

The Home Office is responsible for MI5 and Theresa May would receive regular briefings from senior MI5 officers.

Theresa May would therefore know everything there is to know about everything. She would know everything important there is to know about the help MI5 and other government security services have given to the McCanns. And why.

She was responsible for the disaster zone that the Child Abuse Inquiry has become; she set the remit for it, just as her predecessor David Cameron set the remit for Operation Grange (via DCS Hamish Campbell).

Having received Jill's letter, she is from henceforth personally responsible for any continuing cover-up (if there is one) of the government's role in the Madeleine McCann case.

As was once said:

"The buck stops here"

Jill has suggested specific lines of action she should now take. If she doesn't take action after being given notice in this very public way, if and when the truth comes out, she will be derided as having lacked the guts to face facts

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 29.09.16 12:47

What is it 'sacked' 'health managers/civil servants/media tycoons' ALWAYS 'say'?.............'I NEVER 'saw/read' that letter/email'!

EG., http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/boss-failing-nhs-trust-claims-8530992

The boss of a failing NHS trust with almost 300 unexplained deaths has claimed she knew nothing of a series of emails warning about the safety of patients.

Libby McManus, the ­interim chief executive of North Middlesex Hospital, insisted she was unaware of the existence of the messages.

The emails were sent to Ms McManus’ predecessor Julie Lowe – who ignored them – the Care Quality Commission and Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt.

Ms McManus, who took over the top job three weeks ago, denied knowing anything about them when the Edmonton-based trust met this week. She also refused to say why the hospital failed to act on a damning CQC report .
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 29.09.16 12:50

For a split second I thought it was true - duh!

I was thinking David Edgar as a candidate but perhaps he's over qualified..

The Curse of Jill Havern & CMOMM - Bernard Hogan-Howe announces his retirement after he hears about Jill's letter - 29 Sep 2016 Dave+Edgar

Back to the drawing board.

Met Commissioner Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe announces retirement

Sources have suggested recently that there is a desire within government to see a woman given the most senior job in British policing.

Lynne Owens, the former Chief Constable of Surrey Police and the current Director General of the National Crime Agency (NCA), is one potential candidate.

Sara Thornton, the former head of Thames Valley Police and current chair of the National Police Chiefs' Council is also among the favourites to replace Sir Bernard.

Another name that has been touted is Cressida Dick, who was previously Britain's most senior female police officer, when she served as acting deputy commissioner in the Met.

She retired last year and took up a post with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, but could possibly be tempted to return for the top job.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/29/met-commissioner-sir-bernard-hogan-howe-announces-retirement/

No comment!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42323

Back to top Go down

The Curse of Jill Havern & CMOMM - Bernard Hogan-Howe announces his retirement after he hears about Jill's letter - 29 Sep 2016 Empty Ref;the Curse of Jill Havern,St Bernard Hogan Howe?

Post by willowthewisp 29.09.16 13:00

St Bernard Hogan Howe,jumping ship a tad early,"Nothing to see Here,move along Now",the revelation of "Serious unsolved Murders" now coming to light of the Metropolitan Police Service being involved in "Covering Up"Documented Evidence that has Gone a Stray from their Secured Premises?
Time to Order more White paint Theresa,busy,busy redecorating dodgy Dave's decorations,now what was Dave Whistling when giving his resignation speech?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 29.09.16 13:01

Tony Bennett wrote:
As was once said:

"The buck stops here"

Not in the office of circumlocution - never!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 29.09.16 13:06

Verdi wrote:For a split second I thought it was true - duh!

The Curse of Jill Havern & CMOMM - Bernard Hogan-Howe announces his retirement after he hears about Jill's letter - 29 Sep 2016 Dave+Edgar

Sources have suggested recently that there is a desire within government to see a woman given the most senior job in British policing.

Lynne Owens, the former Chief Constable of Surrey Police and the current Director General of the National Crime Agency (NCA), is one potential candidate.

Sara Thornton, the former head of Thames Valley Police and current chair of the National Police Chiefs' Council is also among the favourites to replace Sir Bernard.

Another name that has been touted is Cressida Dick, who was previously Britain's most senior female police officer, when she served as acting deputy commissioner in the Met.

She retired last year and took up a post with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, but could possibly be tempted to return for the top job.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/29/met-commissioner-sir-bernard-hogan-howe-announces-retirement/

No comment!

YES 'comment'!

Cressida Dick

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4163774.stm

Sara Thornton

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-22537419

Lynne Owens

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35466283

Still, as long as it's a 'woman' that gets 'the top job'.............all's well!
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 29.09.16 13:08

willowthewisp wrote:St Bernard Hogan Howe,jumping ship a tad early,"Nothing to see Here,move along Now",the revelation of "Serious unsolved Murders" now coming to light of the Metropolitan Police Service being involved in "Covering Up"Documented Evidence that has Gone a Stray from their Secured Premises?
Time to Order more White paint Theresa?
O ye of little faith!

It's the right time..

With the slogan ‘Total Policing’, he also pledged to see London become the safest global city with initiatives to tackle gun and knife crime.

But his tenure has not been without controversy and last year he came under intense criticism over the force’s flawed handling of the Operation Midland investigation into allegations of VIP sex abuse.

What next - a seat in the House of Lords?

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

The Curse of Jill Havern & CMOMM - Bernard Hogan-Howe announces his retirement after he hears about Jill's letter - 29 Sep 2016 Empty Ref:Jill Havern Letter

Post by willowthewisp 29.09.16 13:14

jeanmonroe wrote:
Verdi wrote:For a split second I thought it was true - duh!

No comment!

YES 'comment'!

Cressida Dick

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4163774.stm

Sara Thornton

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-22537419

Lynne Owens

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35466283

Still, as long as it's a 'woman' that gets 'the top job'.............all's well!
I suppose another"Free Mason"from the clan will step forward,ah right this way Professor,Gerald isn't it,how may we help you?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 29.09.16 13:30

@Verdi

What next - a seat in the House of Lords?
------------------------------

Of course!

He can sit between 'Lords' Taylor and Hanningfield!

Taylor

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13599624

31 May 2011 ... Former Conservative peer Lord Taylor of Warwick has been jailed for 12 months for falsely claiming £11,277 in parliamentary expenses.
... He pleaded not guilty to the charges - saying that he had been told by senior peers IT WAS 'NORMAL PRACTICE' TO MAKE FALSE EXPENSES CLAIMS - ... (good job they didn't tell him to 'stick his head in an oven', or 'jump over a 'cliff'!)

(I might try 'that false expenses claim' excuse, out on my 'boss'!)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-15651315

Hanningfield

Former Tory peer and Essex Council leader Lord Hanningfield has been jailed for nine months for fiddling his parliamentary expenses.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13989329

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/lord-hanningfield-says-of-allowance-claims-i-have-to-live-don-t-i-9010044.html

And, all the while, 'sitting' Lord Archer 'whispering' advice in BHH's 'shell like'!

'All in it together, and all that, ol' boy!' ('chortle, chortle' well, NOT the 'plebs', obviously)
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

The Curse of Jill Havern & CMOMM - Bernard Hogan-Howe announces his retirement after he hears about Jill's letter - 29 Sep 2016 Empty Ref;Jill Havern

Post by willowthewisp 29.09.16 14:55

Just like big Sam Allardyce(Greed)Entrapment fiddling expenses from the Public's coffers,Lords Taylor and Haddingfeilds,but have they been disbanded from the den of inequity,House of Lords?
Seems as though you cannot become an MP if you have a criminal record ,but you can still attend the Lords,aka Archer,such impunity?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 29.09.16 18:34

This report from the Mirror's Chief Crime Correspondent, Tom Pettifor, about Bernard Hogan-Howe, is very troubling, and perhaps reveals to us why Theresa May appointed him. It's about his time in Liverpool. The bits in red indicate that he would be prepared to cover up almost anything.

Incidentally, one person from Liverpool made the claim to me that Hogan-Howe was on first name terms with Madeleine's godfather, Jon Corner; also that Hogan-Howe turned a Nelsonian 'blind eye' to certain immoral and illegal practices under his watch. It's one of those things I guess we'll never really know:

=============================

Metropolitan Police Chief Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe facing probe over child abuse 'cover-up'

22:28, 17 Mar 2015
By Tom Pettifor

Britain's top cop was an Assistant Chief Constable at Merseyside in 1998 when the force uncovered claims one of Tony Blair’s ministers was a suspected paedophile

The Curse of Jill Havern & CMOMM - Bernard Hogan-Howe announces his retirement after he hears about Jill's letter - 29 Sep 2016 Hoganh10

Under fire: Met chief                                Mirror front page story

Britain’s top police officer faces being quizzed by his own detectives over claims that police covered up child sex abuse by politicians.

Metropolitan Police Chief Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe was an Assistant Chief Constable at Merseyside in 1998 when the force uncovered claims one of Tony Blair’s ministers was a suspected paedophile.

A source close to the Operation Care probe has confirmed the team were aware of allegations the minister was suspected of child abuse in Lambeth, South London.

It was “inconceivable” senior Merseyside officers were not aware the politician had come under suspicion, the source said.
But Sir Bernard “does not recall details about the investigation, those suspected or any associated allegations made regarding politicians”, Scotland Yard said.

Although it did confirm Operation Care was one of a number of investigations Sir Bernard “had oversight of” at the time.

The investigation into the politician was handed to the Met before being shut down when detective Clive Driscoll named the serving Blair minister as a suspect in London in November 1998.

The Curse of Jill Havern & CMOMM - Bernard Hogan-Howe announces his retirement after he hears about Jill's letter - 29 Sep 2016 Hoganh11

Clive Driscoll: Detective named serving Blair minister as a suspect in 1998

The case tops a list released this week of 14 alleged child abuse cover-ups involving politicians being probed by the Met.
The revelation that the man ultimately in charge of the investigation is embroiled in the scandal sparked calls for an outside agency to take over today.

Specialist child abuse lawyer Peter Garsden said: “If Bernard Hogan-Howe is implicated in one of the allegations then there’s clearly a potential conflict of interest and he shouldn’t have anything to do with it.
“The National Crime Agency would appear to be a better choice to investigate.”

The Daily Mirror has detailed how former Met detective Mr Driscoll had been working alongside Operation Care when issued with disciplinary proceedings after pointing to the politician as a suspect.
The Liverpool-based team had gone to London in the summer of 1998 after arresting care home boss Michael Carroll.

Now aged 63, he had abused children in the North West before taking charge of Angell Road children’s home in Brixton, South London.

Following tensions between the forces, Merseyside kept their investigation to Carroll and left the Blair minister and other suspects to the London force.

But Mr Driscoll was removed just afterwards. Disciplinary moves were later dropped.

One Merseyside officer probing Carroll was Colin Leeman, who became a staff officer for Sir Bernard when he joined Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary.

The source said: “The senior investigating officer at the time would have been expected to have reported to his senior officers the fact a serving government minister had come under suspicion.

“It’s inconceivable to think that senior Merseyside officers would not have known."

The Independent Police Complaints Commission revealed this week they will “manage” the investigation that was already being conducted by the Met Police’s Directorate of Professional Standards.

Concerns had already been raised about the Met investigating itself. And the current investigation is restricted to serving and retired police officers, but those implicated include politicians, civil servants and former council employees.

Scotland Yard said: “The Commissioner did not have day-to-day involvement and does not recollect details about the investigation, those suspected or any associated allegations made regarding politicians.

“He absolutely refutes any suggestion he would have stopped or inhibited a criminal investigation of the nature suggested, including that of politicians. It would be wrong to suggest otherwise.”

The Curse of Jill Havern & CMOMM - Bernard Hogan-Howe announces his retirement after he hears about Jill's letter - 29 Sep 2016 Hoganh12

Theresa May

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/metropolitan-police-chief-sir-bernard-5353419

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 29.09.16 19:26

Ex DCI Clive Driscoll was 'on to 'em' in Lambeth, that's why he was 'whooshed clunked' outta 'there'!
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 30.09.16 9:02

Tony Bennett wrote:This report from the Mirror's Chief Crime Correspondent, Tom Pettifor, about Bernard Hogan-Howe, is very troubling, and perhaps reveals to us why Theresa May appointed him. It's about his time in Liverpool. The bits in red indicate that he would be prepared to cover up almost anything.

Incidentally, one person from Liverpool made the claim to me that Hogan-Howe was on first name terms with Madeleine's godfather, Jon Corner; also that Hogan-Howe turned a Nelsonian 'blind eye' to certain immoral and illegal practices under his watch. It's one of those things I guess we'll never really know:

=============================

Metropolitan Police Chief Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe facing probe over child abuse 'cover-up'

22:28, 17 Mar 2015
By Tom Pettifor

Britain's top cop was an Assistant Chief Constable at Merseyside in 1998 when the force uncovered claims one of Tony Blair’s ministers was a suspected paedophile

The Curse of Jill Havern & CMOMM - Bernard Hogan-Howe announces his retirement after he hears about Jill's letter - 29 Sep 2016 Hoganh10

Under fire: Met chief                                Mirror front page story

Britain’s top police officer faces being quizzed by his own detectives over claims that police covered up child sex abuse by politicians.

Metropolitan Police Chief Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe was an Assistant Chief Constable at Merseyside in 1998 when the force uncovered claims one of Tony Blair’s ministers was a suspected paedophile.

A source close to the Operation Care probe has confirmed the team were aware of allegations the minister was suspected of child abuse in Lambeth, South London.

It was “inconceivable” senior Merseyside officers were not aware the politician had come under suspicion, the source said.
But Sir Bernard “does not recall details about the investigation, those suspected or any associated allegations made regarding politicians”, Scotland Yard said.

Although it did confirm Operation Care was one of a number of investigations Sir Bernard “had oversight of” at the time.

The investigation into the politician was handed to the Met before being shut down when detective Clive Driscoll named the serving Blair minister as a suspect in London in November 1998.

The Curse of Jill Havern & CMOMM - Bernard Hogan-Howe announces his retirement after he hears about Jill's letter - 29 Sep 2016 Hoganh11

Clive Driscoll: Detective named serving Blair minister as a suspect in 1998

The case tops a list released this week of 14 alleged child abuse cover-ups involving politicians being probed by the Met.
The revelation that the man ultimately in charge of the investigation is embroiled in the scandal sparked calls for an outside agency to take over today.

Specialist child abuse lawyer Peter Garsden said: “If Bernard Hogan-Howe is implicated in one of the allegations then there’s clearly a potential conflict of interest and he shouldn’t have anything to do with it.
“The National Crime Agency would appear to be a better choice to investigate.”

The Daily Mirror has detailed how former Met detective Mr Driscoll had been working alongside Operation Care when issued with disciplinary proceedings after pointing to the politician as a suspect.
The Liverpool-based team had gone to London in the summer of 1998 after arresting care home boss Michael Carroll.

Now aged 63, he had abused children in the North West before taking charge of Angell Road children’s home in Brixton, South London.

Following tensions between the forces, Merseyside kept their investigation to Carroll and left the Blair minister and other suspects to the London force.

But Mr Driscoll was removed just afterwards. Disciplinary moves were later dropped.

One Merseyside officer probing Carroll was Colin Leeman, who became a staff officer for Sir Bernard when he joined Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary.

The source said: “The senior investigating officer at the time would have been expected to have reported to his senior officers the fact a serving government minister had come under suspicion.

“It’s inconceivable to think that senior Merseyside officers would not have known."

The Independent Police Complaints Commission revealed this week they will “manage” the investigation that was already being conducted by the Met Police’s Directorate of Professional Standards.

Concerns had already been raised about the Met investigating itself. And the current investigation is restricted to serving and retired police officers, but those implicated include politicians, civil servants and former council employees.

Scotland Yard said: “The Commissioner did not have day-to-day involvement and does not recollect details about the investigation, those suspected or any associated allegations made regarding politicians.

“He absolutely refutes any suggestion he would have stopped or inhibited a criminal investigation of the nature suggested, including that of politicians. It would be wrong to suggest otherwise.”

The Curse of Jill Havern & CMOMM - Bernard Hogan-Howe announces his retirement after he hears about Jill's letter - 29 Sep 2016 Hoganh12

Theresa May

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/metropolitan-police-chief-sir-bernard-5353419

Hogan-Howe's Liverpool career was not so much in danger of going up in smoke but a balloon release.
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Activity : 1115

Back to top Go down

The Curse of Jill Havern & CMOMM - Bernard Hogan-Howe announces his retirement after he hears about Jill's letter - 29 Sep 2016 Empty Re,the curse of Jill Havern

Post by willowthewisp 30.09.16 13:32

Time for St Bernard to join an illustrious clan in the lords,where he can fill up his Brandy Barrel at the tax payers expense,claim expenses like his New Range Rover,as a retirement gift for services rendered,oh and don't forget the Three hundred quid a day,with finest foods and Liqueurs to quaff down,with a nice relaxed afternoon nap?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top