The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Let's Not Forget Brenda  Mm11

Let's Not Forget Brenda  Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Let's Not Forget Brenda  Mm11

Let's Not Forget Brenda  Regist10

Let's Not Forget Brenda

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Let's Not Forget Brenda  Empty Let's Not Forget Brenda

Post by Okeydokey 18.10.14 0:55

I feel we are almost in danger of forgetting that a woman who was simply trying to get to the truth of what happened is now dead.   We have no idea yet what happened. But let's not forget that.

I think it is good that this site is keeping Brenda's image up front. That is very fitting until we have a full explanation of what happened. A full explanation includes Brunt's involvement as he may have been the last person to have had any significant face to face contact with her.

sweepygate https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLc4kh-5ToUv0EazC2rMM13H5CDSbibNUB

Okeydokey

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Let's Not Forget Brenda  Empty Re: Let's Not Forget Brenda

Post by Guest 18.10.14 1:14

And, as we now know, Brenda could have been any one of us.

We owe it to her to bump, and keep bumping, her death up and into the faces of those who hold the power of justice, until the truth is revealed. Her dying could and should surely be the catalyst to achieve this. Whichever form the loss of her life took, it is down to us to power the flame of illumination under that sacrifice, and push and push until what happened to Madeleine is known, and hence the truth of Brenda's persecution and the depth of the injustices done to her are revealed also.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 18.10.14 2:19

Dee Coy wrote:And, as we now know, Brenda could have been any one of us.

We owe it to her to bump, and keep bumping, her death up and into the faces of those who hold the power of justice, until the truth is revealed. Her dying could and should surely be the catalyst to achieve this. Whichever form the loss of her life took, it is down to us to power the flame of illumination under that sacrifice,  and push and push until what happened to Madeleine is known, and hence the truth of Brenda's persecution and the depth of the injustices done to her are revealed also.

I agree Dee Coy - we are all taking a risk in varying degrees in commenting on this sad case of a child who apparently disappeared off the face of the earth. It was Brenda who bore the Brunt of Murdoch's wrath. But it could have been any of us...

Brenda's death, however it came about, derailed the Team McCann's Autumn campaign which was clearly designed to deter people from expressing their opinions online.

We owe her a huge debt in that - whether she meant it or not - her death has guaranteed (for a short time at least) a free space in which we can discuss the case.

Let's all honour that.
Okeydokey

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 18.10.14 3:57

I don't think it is a matter of forgetting Brenda, but waiting with baited breath as to what really happened in this horrendous case.
How an innocent commenter in this case that was only stating her opinions like so many other people do, has to flee her home and consequently turns up dead in a hotel room? How does that happen? When someone from MSM confronts a person that has not committed any crime to publicly humiliate and accuse where there is no case to answer.
I think it is more a case of lets find out how something like this happens at all, and why one innocent person could lose her life over giving her opinions on social media, something which many people are also doing everyday. That is the outrage, and the ones responsible need to be accountable to the public for it, seeing as they are involving the public.
Why was Brenda Leyland singled out in this ongoing fiasco and made an example of by MB, when there are laws in place for overstepping the lines in cyberspace, that should be dealt with by the proper authorities if there is in fact a case to answer, and Brenda Leyland certainly didn't break any laws.  It was never the job of MSM reporters to do that, and they need to be held to account for what they were responsible for in this twisted case.
Joss
Joss

Activity : 2154

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.10.14 6:38

According to cristobell on her blog there is going to be a march on 5th November:

Here's what she's written:

CARPE DIEM - SEIZE THE DAY

On 5th November I will be in London for the Anonymous #MillionMasksMarch to protest at the UK's blackout of the truth behind Madeleine's McCann's disappearance and the hounding to death of an innocent woman who did no more than express her opinion online.

Anyone wishing to join me, with a mask or without, will be welcome. There will be no lists of names, no records kept, and revealing identities will be optional. I will probably set up somewhere near Trafalgar Square with a big flask of coffee and maybe a sign declaring 'I'm Brenda Leyland'! 

The official March begins at 6.pm, and as we do not yet know how big the crowds will be (there will be lots of people marching for different causes) I will give out a mobile contact number nearer the day.  If anyone is willing to help on any organising aspects, I would be very grateful!  Otherwise it may be a case of us all gathering at Trafalgar Square until someone shouts ACEEED, and blows a whistle!  Wink

If there are any budding film producers or photographers, and nimble fingered tweeters, you will be especially welcome - as long as anonymity is respected. Unfortunately, the malicious way in which the McCanns have run their media campaign has made anonymity essential in most cases. Recent events have shown how the McCann supporters track down their critics, so no need to make it easy for them.   

I want to show that questioning the disappearance of an innocent child is nothing to be ashamed of and that we are ordinary people who have researched this case, rather than the evil trolls, the media portrays.   

So many of my friends and family said when they heard the news of Brenda's death, that it could have been me, the truth is, it could have been any one of us.  We should not be made to live in fear of the media and the police for voicing our opinions.  Conspiracy is not a taboo word!  Conspiracies can and do happen, unfortunately so many people are indoctrinated to the extent that they cover their ears, eyes and mouths the moment the word is uttered.  Its a bit like when you say the word 'sit' to dog!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 18.10.14 6:56

admin wrote:According to cristobell on her blog there is going to be a march on 5th November:

On 5th November I will be in London for the Anonymous #MillionMasksMarch to protest at the UK's blackout of the truth behind Madeleine's McCann's disappearance and the hounding to death of an innocent woman who did no more than express her opinion online.

Anyone wishing to join me, with a mask or without, will be welcome. There will be no lists of names, no records kept, and revealing identities will be optional. I will probably set up somewhere near Trafalgar Square with a big flask of coffee and maybe a sign declaring 'I'm Brenda Leyland'! 

The official March begins at 6.pm, and as we do not yet know how big the crowds will be (there will be lots of people marching for different causes) I will give out a mobile contact number nearer the day.  If anyone is willing to help on any organising aspects, I would be very grateful!  Otherwise it may be a case of us all gathering at Trafalgar Square until someone shouts ACEEED, and blows a whistle!  Wink

If there are any budding film producers or photographers, and nimble fingered tweeters, you will be especially welcome - as long as anonymity is respected. Unfortunately, the malicious way in which the McCanns have run their media campaign has made anonymity essential in most cases. Recent events have shown how the McCann supporters track down their critics, so no need to make it easy for them.   

I want to show that questioning the disappearance of an innocent child is nothing to be ashamed of and that we are ordinary people who have researched this case, rather than the evil trolls, the media portrays.   

So many of my friends and family said when they heard the news of Brenda's death, that it could have been me, the truth is, it could have been any one of us.  We should not be made to live in fear of the media and the police for voicing our opinions.  Conspiracy is not a taboo word!  Conspiracies can and do happen, unfortunately so many people are indoctrinated to the extent that they cover their ears, eyes and mouths the moment the word is uttered.  Its a bit like when you say the word 'sit' to dog!

Wow, that is awesome. I would love to be able to participate but as i live in another country guess i will have to be there in spirit.
Christobell is so right in what she says, and echoes the sentiments of many other like minded individuals that have followed this case, clapping
Joss
Joss

Back to top Go down

Let's Not Forget Brenda  Empty Celebrating 5th November - and commemorating the death of Brenda Leyland

Post by Tony Bennett 18.10.14 7:28

admin wrote:According to cristobell on her blog there is going to be a march on 5th November:

@ Admin    The 'Anonymous'/Million Masks March is basically a bunch of left-wing anarchists and activists and has nothing to do with Brenda Leyland.

Not saying that some of their concerns aren't legitimate, e.g. globalisation, world poverty etc. - but basically for many of them, it is an exciting day out, a sort of 'day at the races'.

I can't see that the memory of Brenda Leyland being marked by Cristobell brandishing a placard saying 'I'm Brenda Leyland' is going to meet with much favour from her surviving relatives.

I would have thought that a far more appropriate way of commemorating her life would be for as many people as possible to crowd quietly into the inquest court when it opens IIRC on 18 December 2014, so that we can hear more about how Martin Brunt, SKYNews, other media and certain very unpleasant individuals hounded her to death.

November 5th is a day, anyway, for recalling the way the nation was saved from a planned terrorist outrage on Parliament and the King by Roman Catholic extremists on 5 November 1605.

The town of Lewes in Sussex also marks November 5th by commemorating 15 local people who were burnt at the stake in the reign of Bloody Queen Mary [1553-1558] simply because they believed the Bible and rejected the numerous false teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. Here's how they do it (flick through this long video to capture images of how Lewes marks November 5th):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_nZeGW6yU8

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24767

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.10.14 9:15

You're not a fan of the V for Vendetta movie then, Tony?

I would urge you and anyone else not to go to the inquest if you have not been invited to be there by Brenda's family. It would be extremely inappropriate.

When the media speaks (or screams) about 'Trolls' they really mean inciters and it's incitement they seek to address, not 'freedom of speech' or online rights.

Few things could be more inciting than turning up en masse at an inquest uninvited.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 18.10.14 9:31

tcat wrote:I would urge you and anyone else not to go to the inquest if you have not been invited to be there by Brenda's family. It would be extremely inappropriate.

Few things could be more inciting than turning up en masse at an inquest uninvited.
I think the Inquest will be in Leicester which is 100 miles from where I live so, it will be difficult for me to attend.

If this national event had occurred near where I live, however, I would certainly do my best to attend.

What a complete nonsense to say that 'only if you have been invited by Brenda's family' should you attend the Inquest!

You seem to have forgotten that Inquests are public courts where the public are encouraged and facilitated by the court to attend.

To see that justice is done.

Naturally wherever a death has occurred in particulary controversial circumstances, the public will be much more inclined to want to attend.

And in this case we have the added horror of what many people have described, and not without good reason, as an individual being 'hounded to death' by Martin Brunt, SKY News and other mainstream media.

If a large number of people, press and public are expected at an Inquest, the Coroner will make special arrangements for a large room to be booked.

For example, at the Inquest into the death of Lee Balkwell, which I attended in 2008, the Coroner hired the large Council Chamber at County Hall, Chelmsford, for the event.

Anyone who wishes to attend the Inquest would be well advised to ring the Coroner beforehand and enquire how many seats for the press and public will be made available.

I for one would like if possible to hear all the evidence direct and not rely on the mainstream media to tell me about it.

EDITED TO ADD THE FOLLOWING:

Please note that although the Inquest WAS adjourned until 18 December (see Daily Mail news report below), that does not mean that it WILL begin on that day. It could be adjourned to a later date. Alternatively there may be a short hearing on 18 December only to adjourn the matter (for a host of possible reasons) to a later date (this happened TWICE in the Lee Balkwell case, the first time because the Coroner was informed by his father, Les Balkwell, that the Coroner's Officer, Derrick Bines, was corrupt and was going 'to run the Inquest to make sure that an 'accident' verdict was reached' - how this happened is rather a long story).

Here's the Daily Mail report (note ALL the words in red):

An inquest into the death of a woman accused of trolling Madeleine McCann's parents has been adjourned after a post-mortem examination yesterday failed to establish a cause of death.

An inquest at Leicester Coroner's Court was told the post-mortem examination conducted yesterday had failed to establish the cause of 63-year-old Brenda Leyland's death.

A few days earlier she had been confronted by Sky News reporter Martin Brunt about trolling the McCanns on Twitter.

During the exchange, Mrs Leyland initially refused to speak but then replied: ‘I’m entitled to do that.’

Opening the inquest, Leicester Coroner Catherine Mason was told there was no evidence of foul play or third party involvement in the death.

Police Sergeant Kevin Taylor told the coroner he was informed that Mrs Leyland was dead after being sent to the Marriott Hotel in Enderby.

The officer said: 'At the scene I was joined by another officer and a county ambulance first responder unit.

'I was then informed by the paramedic and the other officer that there was a deceased female within the room.'

Sgt Taylor added that officers were awaiting the results of additional post-mortem tests and were still undertaking inquiries into the death.

Adjourning the inquest until December 18, Mrs Mason said: 'It's quite clear from the evidence before me that I am not in a position to conclude (the inquest) today.

'The cause of death is still not known and police inquiries are rightly ongoing.

'Therefore, with the sergeant still tasked to complete the police inquiries and the pathologist still to provide a cause of death, I am adjourning the inquest.'

Officers from Leicestershire Police, who are not treating the death as suspicious, were alerted to the discovery of Ms Leyland's body at 1.42pm on Saturday.

Mrs Leyland, from Burton Overy, Leicestershire, is reported to have posted thousands of messages on Twitter attacking the McCanns, whose daughter Madeleine disappeared in Portugal in 2007.

The 63-year-old tweeted that she ‘hated’ Kate and Gerry McCann and launched online diatribes about their behaviour in the aftermath of their daughter’s disappearance.

But unlike other ‘internet trolls’, she did not appear to have made threats against the couple.

Ofcom received 60 complaints about the Sky News report, which did not name Mrs Leyland but referred to her by her Twitter name @sweepyface.

A spokesman for the broadcasting regulator said: ‘It’s important to stress that we’ve not reached a view as to whether an investigation will take place.’

Sky News said in a statement: ‘We were saddened to hear of the death of Brenda Leyland. It would be inappropriate to speculate or comment further at this time.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2785433/Inquest-death-woman-accused-trolling-McCann-family-hears-post-mortem-fails-establish-cause-death.html#ixzz3GU54rLRc

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

P.S.   Since writing this post an overseas member of this forum has already indicated to me privately that she intends to attend.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.10.14 10:02

Tony Bennett wrote:To see that justice is done.

To observe that justice is done. Unless the coroner has asked for statements from people, or requested anybody to give evidence on the day.

You asked for "as many people as possible" to attend, and then used language like "particulary controversial circumstances", language that perhaps assumes Brenda's family and friends (and the coroner) don't know more than we do about her final hours (and they surely do).

It's their business, not ours. Unless they indicate they would welcome help or support.

For all we know Brenda's family and/or friends already have or plan taking legal action or other action against Sky News and/or newspapers.

And good luck to them if they have or plan to. It is their business and the business of any solicitors they may have spoken to, not ours.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.10.14 10:14

An inquest is a legal investigation to establish the circumstances surrounding a person’s death, including how, when and why the death occurred.
In some cases, an inquest will also try to determine the deceased person's identity.
The investigation is held in public at a coroner’s court in cases where:

• a death was sudden, violent or unnatural
  • a death occurred in prison or police custody
  • the cause of death is still unknown after a post-mortem (an examination of a body after death)

A coroner's court is a legal body that helps determine how, when and why a person died. Coroners are independent judicial officers who are usually lawyers or doctors with appropriate training in law.
Unlike criminal trials, inquests do not try to establish whether anyone was responsible for a person’s death. Evidence is given by witnesses but there is no prosecution or defence.
When an inquest is held, the coroner must inform the deceased person's partner, nearest relative and representative (if they are different).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 18.10.14 10:14

tcat wrote:

To observe that justice is done. Unless the coroner has asked for statements from people, or requested anybody to give evidence on the day.

You asked for "as many people as possible" to attend, and then used language like "particulary controversial circumstances", language that perhaps assumes Brenda's family and friends (and the coroner) don't know more than we do about her final hours (and they surely do).

It's their business, not ours. Unless they indicate they would welcome help or support.

For all we know Brenda's family and/or friends already have or plan taking legal action or other action against Sky News and/or newspapers.

And good luck to them if they have or plan to. It is their business and the business of any solicitors they may have spoken to, not ours.
Agree it`s not wise for a glut of skeptics to turn up - it just gives the pros/press more ammunition.  Just a couple of people to quietly take notes.  Also, I believe one can submit evidence to the coroner before hand.

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 18.10.14 10:38

tcat wrote:

Once again, you have entirely - and deliberately - missed the point that Inquests are held in public for a very good reasons.

Every sudden and unexplained death is a matter of legitimate public concern.

This one more so than most, as it was a death triggered by the mass media of our country.

If suspicious and unexplained deaths could be cosily sorted out behind close doors between the Coroner, the police and close relatives, we would be badly served.

As I observed, justice must be done and be seen to be done - hence Inquests are in public.

I specifically advised people to attend quietly.  That was partly by way of contrast to Cristobell's typically dramatic and attention-seeking way of going about things by hoisting an 'I am Brenda Leyland' poster in the middle of an anarchist's demonstration.

Anybody who thinks they have relevant evidence can write to the Coroner beforehand and ask that their evidence be considered.  The Coroner then decides whether it is relevant or not.

I would think it is possible that, for example, tweets or FB or blog posts from McCann supporters like 'Pamela Gurney' or 'Vee8' wishing Brenda Leyland harm might be considered relevant, indeed very much so if there was, for example, evidence that any of those posters had also been in direct touch with SKY News.

But apart from that, as I've said, I think that a good attendance would show the level of public interest and concern about the events that led to her death. And once again, all I advise is quiet observation of the proceedings.

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 18.10.14 12:32

I think Christobell's intentions for a march in protest of what has happened to Brenda Leyland in this case would be like any other protest with an injustice to someone who lost their life?
It could well be any innocent person this happens to in future as well if people's voices aren't heard, and i think that is probably what is meant by her stating we are all potential Brenda Leyland's?
It also comes into the category of freedom of speech, and knowing the freedoms people want to enjoy are constantly being eroded by TPTB. They are important topics to most of us i would of thought. If we don't stand up for our rights then who will??
Although i don't know how Brenda's family would feel about it, but it is surely for the good of all as in if it can happen to their loved one it could happen to anyone. Surely this would in no way be anything near the horrible hurt they must of caused Brenda's family by the dreadful things that were stated in MSM about her.
Joss
Joss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.10.14 13:59

Tony Bennett wrote:

Every sudden and unexplained death is a matter of legitimate public concern.

Public concern, but we aren't the public, we're part of a group who may be considered - quite possibly by Brenda's family and/or friends - to share some of the responsibility for what happened. That's why it's inappropriate to be there, unless invited.

Anyone who was close to Brenda online who may want to be there I'm sure doesn't need to be urged.

It's a different thing entirely to be asking publicly for people to attend. I wasn't close to her online, and neither were you and most people.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog 18.10.14 14:02

Tcat. We are the public.

Snifferdog

Activity : 1039

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 18.10.14 14:18

Of course we are the public.  Nobody (presumably) would attend wearing a sign saying who they are on line.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.10.14 14:39

plebgate wrote:Of course we are the public.  Nobody (presumably) would attend wearing a sign saying who they are on line.

If public appeals are made and large numbers turn up it will be pretty obvious who they are.

Public appeals, in conjunction with language such as "particulary controversial circumstances" and "hounded to death", quite possibly will be seen as inflammatory or incitement. Or at least described as such by journalists. It's a gift.

Public appeals, and language like that, will certainly not be seen as sensitive. Or respectful.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 18.10.14 14:44

tcat, Tony has already posted that he said if it happened then it would be best for it to be a quiet affair.    For all we know people might have been going to turn up before Tony even posted.  Someone from abroad has already made Tony aware that they intended going along as that member of public is allowed to do.  How many others had already decided to do so?

Wouldn't let it worry you though tcat.   People will turn up if they want to or not (as the case may be).
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog 18.10.14 14:48

tcat wrote:
plebgate wrote:Of course we are the public.  Nobody (presumably) would attend wearing a sign saying who they are on line.

If public appeals are made and large numbers turn up it will be pretty obvious who they are.

Public appeals, in conjunction with language such as "particulary controversial circumstances" and "hounded to death", quite possibly will be seen as inflammatory or incitement. Or at least described as such by journalists. It's a gift.

Public appeals, and language like that, will certainly not be seen as sensitive. Or respectful.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

But why would that be tcat?
Brenda has been plastered all over the msm, and her Imo. suiciding has even been reported here in SA, as has her character been dragged through the mud, to expedite the conjuring trick, "look here, not over there".

If Brenda were my friend or family, i would welcome all support that would help to get to the truth of her untimely and suspicious death.

Snifferdog

Activity : 1039

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.10.14 14:58

plebgate wrote:tcat, Tony has already posted that he said if it happened then it would be best for it to be a quiet affair.    For all we know people might have been going to turn up before Tony even posted.  Someone from abroad has already made Tony aware that they intended going along as that member of public is allowed to do.  How many others had already decided to do so?

Wouldn't let it worry you though tcat.   People will turn up if they want to or not (as the case may be).

Of course they will. But if you're making public appeals you don't know who will turn up as a result, or how they will behave.

Those who want to be there for genuine reasons do not need to be urged.

Others ought not be encouraged.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 18.10.14 15:02

Yeah so says you tcat.   People have minds of their own, nobody can encourage me to do anything I don't want to do.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jauna Loca 18.10.14 15:15

Let's Not Forget Brenda  B0OkA48CAAAJFeu
This blatant threat on Twitter from Pro-Mc tweeter. Very anxious to scare people off .
Jauna Loca
Jauna Loca

Activity : 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 18.10.14 15:22

Best to stay away IMO - if there are going to be pros and press there, it will turn into a right slanging match and give the press more ammunition to misrepresent the skeptics.

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 18.10.14 17:16

Woofer wrote:Best to stay away IMO - if there are going to be pros and press there, it will turn into a right slanging match and give the press more ammunition to misrepresent the skeptics.

I second this post.
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top