The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Clarence's former boss in the Tory Party - RESIGNS Mm11

Clarence's former boss in the Tory Party - RESIGNS Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Clarence's former boss in the Tory Party - RESIGNS Mm11

Clarence's former boss in the Tory Party - RESIGNS Regist10

Clarence's former boss in the Tory Party - RESIGNS

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Clarence's former boss in the Tory Party - RESIGNS Empty Clarence's former boss in the Tory Party - RESIGNS

Post by Tony Bennett 21.01.11 12:26

Clarence worked as second-in-command to Andy Coulson, former Editor at Rupert Murdoch paper the News of the World, from March to May last year, helping the Tories to an election victory (or did they win it in spite of Clarence's 'help'?). Coulson has for two years been the Director of Cameron's 'Communications Unit'.

I fnd it of more than passing interest that just one day after Mitchell moans to the British media about his 'phone being hacked, Coulson - who has tried to fend off many claims that he authorised his journalists at the NOTW to hack the 'phones of variosu politicians and celebrities - has now fallen on his sword.

How are the mighty fallen!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12251456
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Clarence's former boss in the Tory Party - RESIGNS Empty Re: Clarence's former boss in the Tory Party - RESIGNS

Post by Guest 21.01.11 15:01

Tony, I can usually see the significance of most things, but would you be kind enough to hold my hand and walk me through this one please? I must be a bit fatigued.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Clarence's former boss in the Tory Party - RESIGNS Empty Re: Clarence's former boss in the Tory Party - RESIGNS

Post by Judge Mental 21.01.11 18:14

@ Tony Bennett

laugh

One would suspect that Mitchell was not happy to have to do the interview, but was perhaps feeling forced to.

Leaving Mitchell completely to one side of this rocking boat, whilst watching the news earlier, it seems that everybody seems to be treading very softly around Coulson. Almost as if they had personally employed him to do some hacking or other favours for them.

Coulson looks as equally devastated about being accused of dishonesty and losing his job, as the McCanns did on the day that Madeleine should have been having her 4th birthday party.
Judge Mental
Judge Mental

Activity : 2960

Back to top Go down

Clarence's former boss in the Tory Party - RESIGNS Empty Just a coincidence?

Post by Tony Bennett 21.01.11 21:56

Stella wrote:Tony, I can usually see the significance of most things, but would you be kind enough to hold my hand and walk me through this one please? I must be a bit fatigued.
The significance of Andy Coulson resigning is potentially great. He has been accused by a number of politicians and celebs of allowing or even encouraging his journalists (while at the News of the World) to hacking into people's phones. Some of them are suing Coulson/The News of the World. If he can be proved to have authorised this hacking, he may end up in prison.

It may simply be a complete coincidence that Coulson's resignation occurred just 24 hours after Clarence Mitchell started bleating about his 'phone being hacked.

I suspect that some time during the next 12 months the lid may be well and truly be blown off what may be a major 'phone hacking scandal.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Clarence's former boss in the Tory Party - RESIGNS Empty Don't forget....

Post by Cheshire Cat 21.01.11 22:46

Sunday February 21,2010

By James Murray

KATE and Gerry McCann have asked David Cameron to help find their daughter Madeleine after a private emotional meeting with the Tory leader.

They spent half an hour at his Westminster office explaining their frustration and disappointment with the investigations.

If Mr Cameron wins the election – expected on May 6 – the McCanns hope he would give the case a new priority and order a review of all the evidence.

Mr Cameron, 43, the father of two young children himself, expressed a desire to the couple to do anything in his power to discover what happened to Madeleine, who disappeared from a holiday flat in Praia da Luz on the Algarve on May 3, 2007.

Andy Coulson, the Tory director of communications, and Clarence Mitchell, the McCanns’spokesman who hopes to stand as a Conservative in the forthcoming election,were also present.

Last week it was disclosed that Kate and Gerry, 41-year-old doctors from Rothley, Leics, have had a private meeting with Home Secretary Alan Johnson to request a review of the evidence.

He has been notably silent on the case, seemingly preferring to sit on the fence rather than use his influence to demand a breakthrough and there are no indications he will order a review.

The McCanns’ lawyer has been given a Portugese police file of new sightings which have not been properly investigated. She is particularly interested in information that Madeleine may have been in Spain and Italy.

Last week a judge in Portugal ruled that a book by a former police chief should continue to be banned because his unproven claim that Madeleine died in the flat is damaging the search.

On Friday Kate McCann was close to tears as she spoke of the “heartbreaking” failure by police to probe new leads.

Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/159568/McCanns-beg-Cameron-to-help-them-find-MadeleineMcCanns-beg-Cameron-to-help-them-find-Madeleine#ixzz1BiFHLtEy
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental 22.01.11 6:45

Last week it was disclosed that Kate and Gerry, 41-year-old doctors from Rothley, Leics, have had a private meeting with Home Secretary Alan Johnson to request a review of the evidence.

Is this not the same Johnson who resigned only a day or so after Madeleine was declared to have been abducted?
Judge Mental
Judge Mental

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22.01.11 9:24

Tony Bennett wrote:
Stella wrote:Tony, I can usually see the significance of most things, but would you be kind enough to hold my hand and walk me through this one please? I must be a bit fatigued.
The significance of Andy Coulson resigning is potentially great. He has been accused by a number of politicians and celebs of allowing or even encouraging his journalists (while at the News of the World) to hacking into people's phones. Some of them are suing Coulson/The News of the World. If he can be proved to have authorised this hacking, he may end up in prison.

It may simply be a complete coincidence that Coulson's resignation occurred just 24 hours after Clarence Mitchell started bleating about his 'phone being hacked.

I suspect that some time during the next 12 months the lid may be well and truly be blown off what may be a major 'phone hacking scandal.

Thank you Tony.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 22.01.11 9:47

One perceptive observer of the Madeleine McCann-Clarence Mitchell scene e-mailed me last night with the following observation:

Isn't it hilarious the way Clarrie is latching on to the Coulson phone tapping scandal? If anything were ever to be found from his phone records, he'll be on record as stating that he suspected that his phone was hacked. Pre-emptive strike - again.

UNQUOTE
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22.01.11 10:01

I may be being a bit thick with all of this, but even if Mitchell is just covering his own tracks just in case something is about to slip out, it will not release him from the knowledge of whatever it was, which will still mean possible charges of attempting to pervert the course of justice, surely?

Or are people thinking that there is some kind of double edge sword going on here, where Coulson has stepped down to distance himself from DC, so that info from Mitchell's phone can be released about the McCann's, so that Mitchell who has now changed sides is not seen to be breaking his confidentiality agreement with Brown. Everything is then blown out of the water, Mitchell gets a better job, Coulson gets a good pay off and the McCann's and their friends all get banged up?

The perfect sting !!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental 22.01.11 10:04

Tony Bennett wrote:One perceptive observer of the Madeleine McCann-Clarence Mitchell scene e-mailed me last night with the following observation:

Isn't it hilarious the way Clarrie is latching on to the Coulson phone tapping scandal? If anything were ever to be found from his phone records, he'll be on record as stating that he suspected that his phone was hacked. Pre-emptive strike - again.

UNQUOTE

Good to know that it is not just us who know Mitchell's strategies inside out, upside down and under the covers winkwink laugh
Judge Mental
Judge Mental

Back to top Go down

Clarence's former boss in the Tory Party - RESIGNS Empty Elite

Post by Tony Bennett 22.01.11 10:15

Stella wrote:I may be being a bit thick with all of this...
Stella, these people are cunning.

Just like there is so much we can't work out about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, it is just the same with this strange sequence of events.

All I have done is to state these two facts:

Thursday - Lots of news stories about Clarence Mitchell's 'phone being hacked

Friday (next day) - Clarence Mitchell's former boss Andy Coulson resigns because of the developing 'phone hacking scandal.

Please be assured that I know nothing more than that, the two events may be 100% co-incidental.

If they are not co-incidental, like you and others, I can only guess at what the connection might be.

But I think we are entitled to be suspicious when we already know of these connections:

Rupert Murdoch = SKY = NOTW, Sun, Times, Sunday Times = Elizabeth Murdoch = Matthew Freud = Clarence Mitchell = McCanns = Media Monitoring Unit = top Labour politicians = top Conservative politicians etc.

They all swim in the elite section of the swimming pool.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental 22.01.11 10:18

Stella wrote:I may be being a bit thick with all of this, but even if Mitchell is just covering his own tracks just in case something is about to slip out, it will not release him from the knowledge of whatever it was, which will still mean possible charges of attempting to pervert the course of justice, surely?

Or are people thinking that there is some kind of double edge sword going on here, where Coulson has stepped down to distance himself from DC, so that info from Mitchell's phone can be released about the McCann's, so that Mitchell who has now changed sides is not seen to be breaking his confidentiality agreement with Brown. Everything is then blown out of the water, Mitchell gets a better job, Coulson gets a good pay off and the McCann's and their friends all get banged up?

The perfect sting !!

Dearest Stella,

You have a wonderful imagination, or could this insight of yours be a prediction which comes to pass one day? We should certainly drink to the latter part of your post. Not sure that one would want Mitchell to carry on crawling around in the cess of his own making though. Far better that he be kept from where he can do further harm to international relations ay?

Cameron looked very shaky when making his bleating response to Coulson's resignation. He needs to speak to some of the journalists who fingered Coulson. But then again, perhaps he should just keep his head down now, and remember how and why he became Prime Minister. We used to feel sorry for Obama coming into power at such a topsy turvy time for world economics, but now we have to feel sorry for Cameron being involved with the Coulsons and Mitchells of the world. Did Cameron seriously think he got there through a democratic vote from somewhere?

Alas, no. He was chosen to be a patsy for a lot of things which Blair and Brown have still not answered for. It would be interesting to have Clegg being interviewed over Coulson. Preferably under armed guard for his own protection.

Fleetingly, one has considered that Mitchell may be up for Coulson's job. sarcastic sarcastic
Judge Mental
Judge Mental

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22.01.11 10:22

Tony Bennett wrote:

Double dealing and back stabbing no doubt.

Mitchell seems to me like he could be the sort of person who would sell his soul to the devil, for the right price.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental 22.01.11 10:24

They all swim in the elite section of the swimming pool.

This is a most gentlemanly way of saying it as it is. laugh

One had never considered a vessel much larger than chamber pot for these people to be using. big grin
Judge Mental
Judge Mental

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22.01.11 10:27

Judge Mental wrote:
Fleetingly, one has considered that Mitchell may be up for Coulson's job. Clarence's former boss in the Tory Party - RESIGNS 181154 Clarence's former boss in the Tory Party - RESIGNS 181154

That's the first thing I thought too, when they were talking about his successor this morning. Poor old Clarrie was not mentioned in the running though !!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental 22.01.11 10:30

Stella wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

Double dealing and back stabbing no doubt.

Mitchell seems to me like he could be the sort of person who would sell his soul to the devil, for the right price.

He strikes oneself as being the type to do it for nought, providing he gets a lot of television exposure.

One will never forget Amaral's allegation that Mitchell had told him to be careful, and that the gloves were off. What a despicably horribly slimy character, if he truly did say this.

People can go to prison for threatening police officers in the line of duty. Let us hope Amaral does not forget to trounce Mitchell in the media.
Judge Mental
Judge Mental

Back to top Go down

Clarence's former boss in the Tory Party - RESIGNS Empty Lying THROUGH his teeth (English) or lying WITH his teeth (Portuguese)?

Post by Tony Bennett 22.01.11 10:51

Surely one of the 'Top Ten' quotes in this whole sorry Madeleine McCann affair was that of Carlos Anjos, President of the Portuguese Police Officer's Association, who said back in 2007:

"Clarence Mitchell lies with as many teeth as he has in his mouth".

I actually think that is a more powerful saying than our Anglo-Saxon equivalent:

"He is lying through his teeth".

ETA: Just received this text message from Carter-Ruck:

"U cant say this, it doesnt matter whether u say thru or with his teeth. Either way this is libel - Adam Tudor"
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22.01.11 10:54

That was a classic quote, one I will never forget. Clarence's former boss in the Tory Party - RESIGNS 110921
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental 22.01.11 12:55

It's just not fair. Why are they only texting you these days? big grin

This is the last one received by oneself: ''Tread carefully. You are being watched. We have your address. You will be sued.''

So one just shrugged and tucked one's blanket in around oneself; took a slug of Port and folded down the lid of the carboard box one was using as a home that week.

@ Tony Bennett

Did you ever get the text that read, ''THE GLOVES ARE OFF!''. What a terribly shocking thing to say. It sounded more scary because it was in caps, and of course, one had already heard that this had probably been said elsewhere.
Judge Mental
Judge Mental

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 22.01.11 13:49

Judge Mental wrote:It's just not fair. Why are they only texting you these days?
You need to write a book explaining what you think really happened to Madeleine McCann.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental 22.01.11 14:19

Tony Bennett wrote:
Judge Mental wrote:It's just not fair. Why are they only texting you these days?
You need to write a book explaining what you think really happened to Madeleine McCann.

And end up like this rock rock

The McCann curse has been more of a torment than Tutankhamun's ever has. One is sure you must agree, after having wandered around with their scythe hovering around your neck for goodness knows how long. Somebody needs to remove that bloody thing.

What is the UK media afraid of anymore? Or are they enjoying counting the blood money they earn, year in and year out off the back of a three years old child who mysteriously disappeared?

Bloody downright unsavoury!
Judge Mental
Judge Mental

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22.01.11 14:21

I hope that when those responsible are banged to rights that ALL those who are covering up and shielding the truth about this case will also be banged to rights so we need a very large cesspit to chuck them all into. Clarence's former boss in the Tory Party - RESIGNS 160807
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 22.01.11 15:38

Clarence Mitchell has known for years that his 'phone(s) have been hacked into.

So why, apart from it being 4 months to go to the McCanns' 'very truthful' book being published, did he decide to go public with it on the very day before his former boss Andy Coulson resigned amidst a looming major 'phone hacking scandal?

Is this a possible scenario?

'Phone hacking is a crime under British law and all those involved could be prosecuted.

'Phone hacking has however been carried out by many tabloids, not just the Murdoch papers.

Is it possible that Mitchell is therefore worried about just what might come out in the next few months?

Did he perhaps get a 'tip-off' from one of his elite friends that some aspect of the 'phone hacking scandal was about to break and/or that Coulson was about to resign?

By going public about his 'phone being hacked the day before Andy Coulson resigned, was he issuing a message something along these lines: "I know someone out there might have stuff on me, but be sure that I can dish out plenty of stuff about you if you dare publish it"?
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by mischief 22.01.11 17:02

Tony Bennett wrote:

Clarence Mitchell has known for years that his 'phone(s) have been hacked into.

So why, apart from it being 4 months to go to the McCanns' 'very truthful' book being published, did he decide to go public with it on the very day before his former boss Andy Coulson resigned amidst a looming major 'phone hacking scandal?

Is this a possible scenario?

'Phone hacking is a crime under British law and all those involved could be prosecuted.

'Phone hacking has however been carried out by many tabloids, not just the Murdoch papers.

Is it possible that Mitchell is therefore worried about just what might come out in the next few months?

By going public about his 'phone being hacked the day before Andy Coulson resigned, was he issuing a message something along these lines: "I know someone out there might have stuff on me, but be sure that I can dish out plenty of stuff about you if you dare publish it"?

Tony you just answered the question that I was thinking when these latest events broke in the press - why now, when this all erupted years ago.

For what it's worth hacking into someone's voicemail is as easy as pie. Anyone who hasn't set a pin for voicemail access on their phones leaves themselves open to anyone who knows their number being able to listen to their voicemails. I'd be highly surprised if just the NOTW were "at" it.
mischief

Activity : 824

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 23.01.11 12:53

Interesting to see Gordon Brown feared he may have been hacked, as well as the messages he left on other phones circa 2007.
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top