The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 19 Mm11

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 19 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 19 Mm11

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 19 Regist10

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 19 Empty Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by Monty Heck 09.07.14 6:30

Popcorn wrote:
Monty Heck wrote:
candyfloss wrote:LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 19 OBLAeB93_normal Kay Burley @KayBurley    ·  5m  
Kate #McCann: Tells the portuguese libel case son Sean heard about Amaral's allegations on the radio while travelling on the school bus
Catching up and still miles behind so this may have been already discussed (in which case apologies) but why would SMcC be travelling on "the" school bus?  Don't they live in a village?  Was it not publicised years back that M and subsequently the twins were going to a village school?  Would find it surprising if this is true, especially that October last there was a UK radio news broadcast which (openly) stated the Snr Amaral had claimed K had killed M and hidden her in a freezer, particularly as Snr A has not stated that K did that.  If a story needs to be told, under oath in open court it should contain an element of credibility, otherwise it merely insults the intelligence.

Maybe this radio programme was on air to promote the release of Goncalo Amaral's book in the UK? I seem to recall one of the McCanns' witnesses - was it Emma Loach? – telling the court that she'd seen it in the shops.
 spit coffee Thank you for that genuine LOL moment.
Monty Heck

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 19 Empty Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by Woofer 09.07.14 6:30

Can`t understand why GM started prattling on about the dogs to the Judge - it has nothing to do with the case being heard. What a prat.  The Judge must have thought `now I wonder why this man is going on about the dogs?`

The evidence of the dogs would only be brought up in a trial about Maddie`s possible injury or murder. 

This trial is about whether GA`s book caused them suffering.  Well obviously it did if it contradicts their story of a case that has never been proved.  This is reminiscent of Judge Tugendhat saying no one knows what actually happened to Madeleine - so it cannot be used as evidence in any other associated cases.

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 09.07.14 6:35

candyfloss wrote:
sallypelt wrote:
VeraWannabe wrote:Just back in...probably missed loads! Is there a transcript of the court hearing yet? Link anyone please?

VeraWannabe, read Candyfloss's thread on the Update of the Libel Trial.

Yes all here for those in a hurry to read latest, the very last post is the courtroom write up...........

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t10004-updates-only-libel-trial-8th-july-2014

IMO this account should come with a warning that it has been selectively compiled and commented on by a writer who is clearly not well disposed to the McCanns (other than their socks, is there any that are?  laughat ) and that it cannot be relied on to be an accurate account of the proceedings although it may be that parts, at least, will tally with the official transcript or with one which has been meticulously produced by Anne Guedes.

It occurs to me that as well having become objects of derision, the McCanns have of late also become figures of fun.  For this parlous state of (their) affairs they should look no further than Clarence Mitchell, who has spun so with such force that the wheels have come off the TM bus and it would be a supreme irony if Sean's bus to school becomes responsible for yet more disastrous coverage of the libel trial for them.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Iamtheseeker 09.07.14 6:36

Could it be because the Dogs know the truth as unlike Gerry and Kate  or pinky , dogs don't lie  big grin
Iamtheseeker

Activity : 93

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck 09.07.14 6:36

ultimaThule wrote:
Monty Heck wrote:
ultimaThule wrote:
Monty Heck wrote:
candyfloss wrote:LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 19 OBLAeB93_normal Kay Burley @KayBurley    ·  5m  
Kate #McCann: Tells the portuguese libel case son Sean heard about Amaral's allegations on the radio while travelling on the school bus
Catching up and still miles behind so this may have been already discussed (in which case apologies) but why would SMcC be travelling on "the" school bus?  Don't they live in a village?  Was it not publicised years back that M and subsequently the twins were going to a village school?  Would find it surprising if this is true, especially that October last there was a UK radio news broadcast which (openly) stated the Snr Amaral had claimed K had killed M and hidden her in a freezer, particularly as Snr A has not stated that K did that.  If a story needs to be told, under oath in open court it should contain an element of credibility, otherwise it merely insults the intelligence.

It would seem that the McCanns have eschewed the village CofE primary school to send the twins to the nearest RC equivalent 5 miles away, Monty Heck which, as it appears that their stay at home mother doesn't drive them to and from school, begs the question of whether the school provides a bus for its pupils?  

If so, I'm surprised that its drivers are allowed to play/listen to the radio while ferrying groups of children to and from their homes and, if not, I'm surprised that drivers of public buses are allowed to have the radio on while driving and picking up/dropping off passengers.  

As with all of her words, I would like to see KM's latest claim tested in a court of law in time-honoured fashion and hope that the defence will be making the appropriate requests to the judge.
Thanks Ultima Thule and Truthwillout.  However that still leaves the small issue of the truthfulness of the story re the alleged radio broadcast

It's to be hoped that upon the defence making the appropriate requests, the judge will order the McCanns to provide the date, or approximate thereof, on which Sean asked the question of his mother that she relied on in Court when making her personal statement on oath, together with the details of which bus he was travelling on, so that enquiries can be made of both the driver and the relevant radio station, if any, Monty Heck.  

When using public buses to get around various parts of the Iberian penisula, whether in cities, towns, or country areas, I've noticed that it's not uncommon for drivers to have the radio playing while they ply their trade and it therefore occurs to me that the fact this is uncommon in the UK won't necessarily be known to the court, nor is it likely to be aware of the peculiar lack of reference to the contents of Dr Amaral's book by the UK MSM other than in the most general terms which makes it improbable that the account given by KM earlier today is an accurate one.
Maybe so UT but perhaps the defence won't attach any great significance to this somewhat threadbare allegation.  If this is the best example of the alleged harm done to the two children perhaps that fact will speak rather loudly for itself, and no further effort or time will be expended on establishing whether there is any truth in it.
Monty Heck

Back to top Go down

Post by puzzled 09.07.14 6:40

Out of interest, has there ever been a libel trial where the plaintiffs have demanded as much as a million pounds? Or where a million pounds have been awarded? Offhand, I can't think of one. 

Changing the subject, it should be possible to establish if there is a school bus from Rothley to the twins' school, shouldn't it?

Activity : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 09.07.14 6:50

waiting for justice wrote:
It may be the council paid for a local firm and contracted it out. Either way, I bet that bus company know who they are and are bricking it. 

Depends if it's true. The statement came from Kate McCann's mouth remember?

I'd love to know if the bus company does play the radio whilst taking the kids to school, and if it's played loud enough for the kids to hear every word.....
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 09.07.14 6:53

Monty Heck wrote:
ultimaThule wrote:
Monty Heck wrote:
ultimaThule wrote:
Monty Heck wrote:

It would seem that the McCanns have eschewed the village CofE primary school to send the twins to the nearest RC equivalent 5 miles away, Monty Heck which, as it appears that their stay at home mother doesn't drive them to and from school, begs the question of whether the school provides a bus for its pupils?  

If so, I'm surprised that its drivers are allowed to play/listen to the radio while ferrying groups of children to and from their homes and, if not, I'm surprised that drivers of public buses are allowed to have the radio on while driving and picking up/dropping off passengers.  

As with all of her words, I would like to see KM's latest claim tested in a court of law in time-honoured fashion and hope that the defence will be making the appropriate requests to the judge.
Thanks Ultima Thule and Truthwillout.  However that still leaves the small issue of the truthfulness of the story re the alleged radio broadcast

It's to be hoped that upon the defence making the appropriate requests, the judge will order the McCanns to provide the date, or approximate thereof, on which Sean asked the question of his mother that she relied on in Court when making her personal statement on oath, together with the details of which bus he was travelling on, so that enquiries can be made of both the driver and the relevant radio station, if any, Monty Heck.  

When using public buses to get around various parts of the Iberian penisula, whether in cities, towns, or country areas, I've noticed that it's not uncommon for drivers to have the radio playing while they ply their trade and it therefore occurs to me that the fact this is uncommon in the UK won't necessarily be known to the court, nor is it likely to be aware of the peculiar lack of reference to the contents of Dr Amaral's book by the UK MSM other than in the most general terms which makes it improbable that the account given by KM earlier today is an accurate one.
Maybe so UT but perhaps the defence won't attach any great significance to this somewhat threadbare allegation.  If this is the best example of the alleged harm done to the two children perhaps that fact will speak rather loudly for itself, and no further effort or time will be expended on establishing whether there is any truth in it.

It isn't an 'allegation', Monty Heck.  It is a statement of purported fact which has made by one of the claimants on oath and, given the sums of money which are at stake, the defence are best advised to put it to the test during the lengthy period that the court has adjourned in order that said claimants can investigate the financial affairs of the defendants in relation to monies earned by 'The Truth of the Lie'..

Hopefully, the UK MSM's have already done some of the work by letting it be known that a goodly sum awaits the driver of the bus on which Sean heard the radio news bulletin which said his elder sister was 'hidden' and which, in turn, gave rise to the question he asked his dear mama which she has cited as being evidence of the harm/hurt, potential or otherwise, sustained by the twins.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 09.07.14 6:55

nglfi wrote:
Just a thought - perhaps Sean was looking at things he shouldn't have been on the Internet (ie Amaral's book or the McCannfiles website), and when he asked Kate if she'd killed maddie, she insisted on knowing what made him say that. Rather than admit he'd done what he'd been banned from doing, he made up a story about hearing it on the bus? Could be why it doesn't sound that plausible. 
Or perhaps it was made up to bolster their complaint at the trial. I know, let's have a lie-detector and find out!
I want these two on Jeremy Kyle!

Activity : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 09.07.14 6:55

margaret wrote:
It may be the council paid for a local firm and contracted it out. Either way, I bet that bus company know who they are and are bricking it. 

Depends if it's true.  The statement came from Kate McCann's mouth remember?

I'd love to know if the bus company does play the radio whilst taking the kids to school, and if it's played loud enough for the kids to hear every word.....
I dont think for one minute its true. If it is or isnt true its of very little consequence and I doubt the judge will give it any importance. Its highly likely that if it did occur then it would have occurred
anyway regardless of GA's book.

Its a long wait now until a decision. Hope Op Grange is busy in the mean time.
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck 09.07.14 6:57

ultimaThule wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
sallypelt wrote:
VeraWannabe wrote:Just back in...probably missed loads! Is there a transcript of the court hearing yet? Link anyone please?

VeraWannabe, read Candyfloss's thread on the Update of the Libel Trial.

Yes all here for those in a hurry to read latest, the very last post is the courtroom write up...........

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t10004-updates-only-libel-trial-8th-july-2014

IMO this account should come with a warning that it has been selectively compiled and commented on by a writer who is clearly not well disposed to the McCanns (other than their socks, is there any that are?  laughat ) and that it cannot be relied on to be an accurate account of the proceedings although it may be that parts, at least, will tally with the official transcript or with one which has been meticulously produced by Anne Guedes.

It occurs to me that as well having become objects of derision, the McCanns have of late also become figures of fun.  For this parlous state of (their) affairs they should look no further than Clarence Mitchell, who has spun so with such force that the wheels have come off the TM bus and it would be a supreme irony if Sean's bus to school becomes responsible for yet more disastrous coverage of the libel trial for them.
Even allowing for a certain bias in reporting, it seems today went badly once again for the McCs.  It seems that time, energy and (whose?) money has been wasted on bringng a case about which the kindest thing to say is that it has lacked entirely any genuinely disinterested and scientific evidence, or even heartfelt circumstantial evidence from family or fiiends of genuine or serious harm suffered.  It appears to have been an absolutely wasted effort from beginning to end, unless the "suffering couple" headlines it has earned in the MSM to date were it's real value.  Otherwise I am stumped.
Monty Heck

Back to top Go down

Post by waiting for justice 09.07.14 6:58

I think there would be plenty of parents coming out the woodwork if they didn't go on the bus. 
If I were a driver for said company and DIDN'T play the radio I would be very vocal about it to all who'd listen including the red tops and police.
waiting for justice

Activity : 109

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 09.07.14 7:02

Interesting looking at the live feed just now.
Hicks
Hicks

Activity : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by View-from-Ireland 09.07.14 7:04

margaret wrote:

If either of them said the sky was blue I would have to double check to be honest.

View-from-Ireland

Activity : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut 09.07.14 7:05

puzzled wrote:Out of interest, has there ever been a libel trial where the plaintiffs have demanded as much as a million pounds? Or where a million pounds have been awarded? Offhand, I can't think of one. 

Changing the subject, it should be possible to establish if there is a school bus from Rothley to the twins' school, shouldn't it?

I think this counts as some sort of proof: http://www.leics.gov.uk/s484_timetable_1.pdf

When the schools website is working again I'll check it for more info.

I just think Sean has already started asking tough questions. Kate's story of how it came about is just that IMO.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Activity : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 09.07.14 7:06

worriedmum wrote:
Leicester Mercury editor Nick Carter said: "A tiny minority of people seem to want to say nasty, spiteful and defamatory things about the McCann family.
"They are bombarding our site, and we had no choice but to block comment entirely on reports about the family.

Can't be a tiny minority if they can't keep on top of the situation.

The fact is ANY article accepting comments has barely any support for the McCanns these days.
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by TellTheTruth 09.07.14 7:08

Brian Griffin wrote:
frost wrote:http://news.sky.com/story/1296995/mccanns-son-asked-about-madeleine-claims

I would love to be able to tell what the heckling in the background is saying whatever they are shouting it has clearly rattled Gerry
Notice how she's keeping her mouth shut this time! I wonder why that is?  titter
Sorry, hours behind  sad . His gesturing was with his left hand only from the clips I' ve seen ATM. 

You know what your right arm's for  big grin 

IMHO,obviously  winkwink
TellTheTruth

Activity : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Iamtheseeker 09.07.14 7:08

Nah its probably the majority as the truth is being revealed slowly  big grin
Iamtheseeker

Activity : 93

Back to top Go down

Post by missmar1 09.07.14 7:09

Monty Heck wrote:
ultimaThule wrote:
Monty Heck wrote:
ultimaThule wrote:
Monty Heck wrote:

I think it very strange that a bus driver would not have immediately turned the radio news off .  Most adults are aware that young children should not be subjected to listening to news items that contain adult information .... unless of course the children were being naturally rowdy and he didn't think they would hear the news presenter .

Did this really happen ?  Did Sean really hear the news presenter announce what Kate Mccann claimed today ?  Did she complain to the bus company that the driver subjected Sean to undue distress ?   Imo, Kate Mccann has used this scenario to add weight to their claim for damages at the libel trial  - and if it didn't happen, then, imo, she has just dropped the driver into trouble because I am sure the company would take a dim view of its drivers being distracted by listening to the radio whilst driving and being in charge of a school bus which must have been turned up quite loud for the children to hear ( Sean heard it according to Kate ) all said in my opinion only.
missmar1

Activity : 253

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Holmes 09.07.14 7:11

Some thoughts on today's proceedings

Garry describing Madeleine as 'innocent' - Anyone familiar with NLP? Innocent could be his way of getting that word associated with them

Kate seems to have blown their case, if the children are happy to pass GA's remarks as being 'silly' how can it be argued that they (the twins) have suffered?

Gerry re the dogs, a desperate move that seeks to claw back some control, this suggests to me that they have no idea what OG are doing and are threatened by the presence of the dogs in Portugal.

Aren't they on their own, no supporters either in print or in person, and doesn't it show

The MSM keeps reporting Maddy's death, quite a few examples over the last few days - subliminal messages or subconscious leaking?

The statement re Sean doesn't ring true, it all seems very convenient. I used to go to a private school where they played local radio on the bus, so the explanation on the surface seems plausible, but has no evidentiary value, as others have rightly pointed out it's hearsay and is deliberately flimsy so as to disguise the fact that it cannot be proved not disproved without a great deal of work (almost sounds like an MO doesn't it) . IMO this is an 'I told you so' manoeuvre
Mrs Holmes

Activity : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by waiting for justice 09.07.14 7:15

margaret wrote:

That is the point I was making, I would "assume" they're a pretty local small company if not the actual
council who are about to come under a barrage of questions.

The first part because a few people had commented on why they would be put on a bus and KM not drive them.
waiting for justice

Activity : 109

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 09.07.14 7:15

There almost certainly will be a school bus, paid for by the Local Authority and contracted out to a local bus company. If a child is under 9 they are entitled to free transport to the nearest school if it's more than 2 miles away, (3 miles for over 9s). In the past LAs were happy to pay for children of Catholic parents wishing to send their child to the nearest catholic school, but I believe it was always a concession. Now that funds are tight, they are beginning to cut back on this, and telling the parents that since they are choosing to send their child to a school  which is not the local one but going further away they are no longer entitled to free transport.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 09.07.14 7:16

TheTruthWillOut wrote:
puzzled wrote:Out of interest, has there ever been a libel trial where the plaintiffs have demanded as much as a million pounds? Or where a million pounds have been awarded? Offhand, I can't think of one. 

I think this counts as some sort of proof: http://www.leics.gov.uk/s484_timetable_1.pdf

When the schools website is working again I'll check it for more info.

I just think Sean has already started asking tough questions. Kate's story of how it came about is just that IMO.

It certainly does count, TTWO, and it seems probable that Sean was travelling on the school's specially contracted bus which is likely to have an allocated regular driver and there will no doubt be a number of parents wanting to know whether their 5-11 year olds are being exposed to radio news items they don't get to hear at home.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 09.07.14 7:16

Whether it happened or not, I hardly think the Judge which consider it anything to do with GA`s book.  She will know the McCanns are on the radio, on the TV, in the papers because they choose to be - they are the one`s that created the media storm in the first place.  So if Sean heard something on the radio about them its not GA`s fault - it`s their fault.

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by missmar1 09.07.14 7:18

Mrs Holmes wrote:Some thoughts on today's proceedings

Garry describing Madeleine as 'innocent' - Anyone familiar with NLP? Innocent could be his way of getting that word associated with them

Kate seems to have blown their case, if the children are happy to pass GA's remarks as being 'silly' how can it be argued that they (the twins) have suffered?

Gerry re the dogs, a desperate move that seeks to claw back some control, this suggests to me that they have no idea what OG are doing and are threatened by the presence of the dogs in Portugal.

Aren't they on their own, no supporters either in print or in person, and doesn't it show

The MSM keeps reporting Maddy's death, quite a few examples over the last few days - subliminal messages or subconscious leaking?

The statement re Sean doesn't ring true, it all seems very convenient. I used to go to a private school where they played local radio on the bus, so the explanation on the surface seems plausible, but has no evidentiary value, as others have rightly pointed out it's hearsay and is deliberately flimsy so as to disguise the fact that it cannot be proved not disproved without a great deal of work (almost sounds like an MO doesn't it) . IMO this is an 'I told you so' manoeuvre

Very good summary Mrs Holmes .
missmar1

Activity : 253

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top