The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Carlos Anjos talks about McCanns Christmas message Mm11

Carlos Anjos talks about McCanns Christmas message Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Carlos Anjos talks about McCanns Christmas message Mm11

Carlos Anjos talks about McCanns Christmas message Regist10

Carlos Anjos talks about McCanns Christmas message

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Carlos Anjos talks about McCanns Christmas message Empty Carlos Anjos talks about McCanns Christmas message

Post by Guest 10.01.13 9:12

With thanks to MM and MCF for this news ............

Thanks for the translation from Laura and Ines (MCF)

http://sic.sapo.pt/Programas/Queridajulia/programas/2013/01/03/programa-de-3-de-janeiro-de-2013

On the 3rd January 2013 , (from minute 20 till minute 27 on the video)

AM- The parents of Maddie McCann, who disapeared from the Algarve nearly six years ago, took the opportunity of Christmas celebrations to ask the Portuguese authorities to reopen the process and to resume the search. Gerry and Kate's appeal has been published on their internet page on which they also state that the case still has many stones to turn. What does this mean?

CA- We don't know, maybe they don't know it either. It's symptomatic...they didn't ask anything, because there's a way to ask for something, in this case, of the reopening of the process we have to, there's the need to, as we talked a short while ago, whether there is new evidence, whether there's something that may create the expectation in the authorities, that there's the possibility of a positive outcome.
What they did was...they've put on their internet page “ We asked the authorities”, but they didn't, because to ask means to send a request to the Prosecutor's Office or to the Judiaciary Police, and that didn't happen. I think what we have here it's some sort of deception.
Although inconclusive, I believe this investigation to have been one of the best police investigations in the last years. And why? It's the most world-wide publicised investigation. Three hundred, nearly four hundred Cds with the process have been distributed....

AM- We can see the McCann's page now...

CA-....Distributed to Media outlets, to lawyers, and the English Police has six investigators analysing the work of the Portuguese Police since the process's been closed in order to find new leads.. They've found zilch. Till now. They found nothing that we could have done that might have led us to a different result, or diligences that we...

AM- The McCanns imply that the English Police are looking at the investigation from another perspective, is that so?...

CA- Maybe there is a different look, but they haven't seen anything, or, if they did they haven't talked about it yet. What's been done until now; in Portugal we received information from other Police forces, in that way, under those diligences....here we go, the exchange of information is done immediately and the result was always negative. And the English Police, as well as the McCanns start with a serious mistake which is the photofit portrait, that we've talked about already (another case); they keep searching for Maddie with the face she had six years ago...Ana, you know, you are a mother of young children as I am, six years in a child's life it's an enormity.

AM- She's not a four year old anymore and she's today, eventually, a ten year old girl, a preadolescent...

CA- Ten years old, a different hair-cut, different features....When there is a sighting of Maddie, the child seen in Morocco or in the USA, it is similar to the child who's disappeared...

AM- Now we are looking at a progression image that the MCCanns have done...not this one, but that one with the blue dress.

CA- This is a progression image that an investigation's agency has done but the McCanns don't accept it...

AM- It might be far from reality...

CA- The question is that their daughter wouldn't have those features today, and that's the difficulty here; it is not a photo fit but an aging progression photo, let's say...who invented this programme tells us to be possible, from a photo since the moment we are born, to age that photo and see how we will look like ten, twenty, thirty years later...this is totally outdated. We've done already several experiments such as; to age a photo from when we were fifteen to nowadays age...

AM- And you'll always get different...

CA- There was an aging progression that I couldn't accept; I'm much more handsome now than on that aged photo...

AM- That's good!

CA- It shows us how this can be misleading. We are talking about technical advances, but sometimes technical doesn't advance as much as we would like, and doesn't achieve what we would like it to achieve, so we must have a certain kind of sensitivity...I think what we have here is that the McCanns and the English authorities are spending an awesome amount of money and the results are nil. The investigation has already cost eight times more than the Portuguese Investigation, with many fewer less results...Look, when they say on their internet page that “We have in Portugal an investigation team” and that means a Communication Agency and a spokesperson, this is a mistake. The investigation's processes, the criminal investigation won't be solved in public fora, nor in newspapers or on television.

AM- Do you think the McCanns are ….

CA- I think there is a strategy...

AM- There's a strategy for public opinion?

CA- They abandoned the process in a clearly fragile position, clearly fragile.. because there's the question, looked at before, of the reconstruction of the night, something they refused to do, and the reconstruction, as we've seen before, would tell us where they were at the moment of the crime to see if what they are saying... and this has nothing to do with suspicion...look, to know if from the place where they were, if they could control the apartment, the window. According to what they say...we've done the reconstruction it's impossible from that place to see the apartment from where the little girl disappeared.
As the other one who said not to have seen the GNR's officers, and then it was proved that he saw them (another case)... So, a reconstruction would be needed and they refused to do it. More than that, they refused to give any kind of statement to the Portuguese authorities from the moment they were considered suspects.
I would act differently; if the Police would find him, my son, they could even arrest me as far as they would bring me back my boy. When one keeps in silence, which is usually the arguido last resort not to be caught... but if it is our son, we'll get slightly more shocked about the situation. So, I think the McCanns left Portugal in a very fragile state in the eyes of Portugal and the world, everybody understood that, and there's another situation, too; the fact that they are in a certain way suspects of something that might have happened, so they want forcefully to open or reopen the process in order to demonstrate that the child is alive, that Maddie is alive. I'm convinced that if the process will ever be reopened we'll never hear of the McCanns again, but this is just my opinion...

AM- Very well, let's wait. The McCanns won't stop this process for sure, at least this internet page.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Carlos Anjos talks about McCanns Christmas message Empty Re: Carlos Anjos talks about McCanns Christmas message

Post by Liz Eagles 10.01.13 11:55

Mods and Admin.

Is it ok (legally) to quote in full or even just passages from the McCann's Christmas message. If it is I think it gives more opportunity to compare the above interview from Portugal and also to add our own thoughts on the Christmas message.

I have just re-read the Christmas message and it covers just about every criticism most people have of the McCann's and their Fund and their cost to the UK taxpayer. It cleverly suggests that there has been a request to re-open the Portuguese investigation. It also imo suggests that the McCanns have at least some knowledge of the UK review which I find astounding. It also includes the usual emotive, mushy stuff that is to be expected.

What is DOESN'T include is a direct Christmas message to Madeleine from Mummy, Daddy, Sean and Amelie.

Just my opinion.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13360

Back to top Go down

Carlos Anjos talks about McCanns Christmas message Empty Re: Carlos Anjos talks about McCanns Christmas message

Post by Guest 10.01.13 12:01

aquila wrote:Mods and Admin.

Is it ok (legally) to quote in full or even just passages from the McCann's Christmas message. If it is I think it gives more opportunity to compare the above interview from Portugal and also to add our own thoughts on the Christmas message.

I have just re-read the Christmas message and it covers just about every criticism most people have of the McCann's and their Fund and their cost to the UK taxpayer. It cleverly suggests that there has been a request to re-open the Portuguese investigation. It also imo suggests that the McCanns have at least some knowledge of the UK review which I find astounding. It also includes the usual emotive, mushy stuff that is to be expected.

What is DOESN'T include is a direct Christmas message to Madeleine from Mummy, Daddy, Sean and Amelie.

Just my opinion.

Well, it's already here aquila, and on MM and other forums, I would think the McCanns would be pleased that we are promoting their website and their message....

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t6139-christmas-message-from-kate-mccann-on-find-madeleinecom
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 10.01.13 12:10

I expecially love the bit about suspending the search whilst the review takes place.
The two things are totally different.
A review reviews. The clue is in the word - Re-view. To look at again.
Not to investigate further or develop new evidence which may come in.
So why are they so sure that Madeleine cannot be found during the lifetime of the Review ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 10.01.13 12:19

Thanks Candyfloss,

These two topics mix, so if you find my reply in the wrong place please move it.

Let's hope the Fund accounts come soon to answer a few nagging questions people may have given the need for the Christmas message to focus on expenditure and income.

Let's hope there is a report in the press from the authorities to confirm that NSY do not reveal information of their 'inquiry' to the McCanns. As I understand it the McCann's would have no right to that information unless they were deemed completely innocent by NSY through evidence and concrete alibis. Let's hope that it is revealed whether indeed there has been an application to re-open the Portuguese investigation, if so, by whom?

Let's hope that the McCann's wish Madeleine a Happy Birthday on their website in May because they forgot to wish her Merry Christmas, what with all the thanks for support and money and the receipt of Christmas cards from total strangers and the heart-warming and the talk of themselves, the thanks for the book purchase, the hopes for other people to have a good Christmas with laughter.....

Just my opinion.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 10.01.13 12:26

PeterMac wrote:I expecially love the bit about suspending the search whilst the review takes place.
So why are they so sure that Madeleine cannot be found during the lifetime of the Review ?

'It wasn't our fault, we thought they were looking for Madeleine'

'If we'd known we'd have continued with our own search?

I'm just making these answers up you know.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.01.13 12:50

I must say it is a really good point to why is there no direct message to Madeleine on their page ? How much they miss her etc and atleast for birthdays and christmas. Surprised they haven't don it atleast to try gain some sympathy.

Something like this maybe

Dear Madeleine
Where are you know my beautiful daughter, are you still alive to be found? After all this years I still have hopes that you are. My life will never be the same again and I can not imagine never finding out what happened to you . I will never forgive myself for leaving you alone that night and I hope you can forgive me. I can't change what I did , I can't undo what is done. All I can do is keep searching for you and hope that others will to.
This is my 5 Christmas without you And it's not getting any easier, and your brother and sister are now older than you where when you went missing. Time changes but love doesn't.
Wherever you are my beautiful Madeleine I hope and pray that you are being taken good care of and I'm not giving up until I find you.
I love you, I miss you , in my heart and thoughts forever.

Your mum

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 10.01.13 12:55

aquila wrote:
'It wasn't our fault, we thought they were looking for Madeleine'
'If we'd known we'd have continued with our own search?
I'm just making these answers up you know.
But there again they were paying a man who thought JT had seen a woman, and who still believes that Chloroform can put a child to sleep instantly, for 10 hours, and cannot be detected by two (TWO, 2 !) fully qualified anaesthetists, and who sent a team to Barcelona who then did not even speak to the owner of the alleged bar, and who . . .

On balance, they were probably right to sack him. I would have done so a long time ago.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind 10.01.13 13:59

Quote CA – “What they did was...they've put on their internet page “We asked the authorities” , but they didn't, because to ask means to send a request to the Prosecutor's Office or to the Judiaciary Police, and that didn't happen. I think what we have here it's some sort of deception.”

Well I never!
monkey mind
monkey mind

Activity : 629

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 10.01.13 14:52

monkey mind wrote:
Well I never!
And nor did they !! Mr
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind 10.01.13 14:56

Quote CA – “; the fact that they are in a certain way suspects of something that might have happened, so they want forcefully to open or reopen the process in order to demonstrate that the child is alive, that Maddie is alive. I'm convinced that if the process will ever be reopened we'll never hear of the McCanns again, but this is just my opinion...”

Exactly. This bizarre insistence, in the face of all odds, history and common sense, this insistence that she is still alive isn’t just to keep the money coming in, that is secondary. It isn’t possible for the needle of enquiry and truth housed in the golden guilt compass to point at the McCanns if she is still alive, it acts like a repulsive magnetic force fixing the needle on the child in an imaginary location with imaginary people. But admit the possibility she is dead and like magic the repulsive force vanishes! The needle, like that of a compass, when no longer held or repelled will come to rest at the place it is most comfortable, where it naturally must. It may fluctuate, but it will always return to the same irresistible place. Introduce the possibility she is alive once again and whoosh! The repelling force returns and tis pointing in the opposite direction again.

They can create the whoosh, but the clunk is not in their hands and never will be.
monkey mind
monkey mind

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 10.01.13 15:26

Carlos Anjos hits the nail on its head in a nutshell on these points :
The Mccanns' blog statement "we have asked the authorities" is symptomatic; a deception.
He reveals that the Police had attempted their own reconstruction and found flaws in Mccanns & Co. abduction story ie it is impossible for the abduction to have happened. That the main players had refused and to date continue to refuse to participate in the reconstruction that is so vital for the Police to progress the investigation.

It says at the start of the video that Carlos Anjos "is ex-inspector da Policia Judiciaria". The important info in this recent interview is something useful to draw to the attention of the Court (something for TB to note). It sums up that Mccanns' claim of "search" and claim "they asked authorities to reopen" are merely lip service on paper & internet and NO ACTION. Thus their claim in their litigation suits that their critics "hinder their search" is utter rubbish, and has no leg to stand on. It is the Mccanns who hinder the search.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 10.01.13 15:41

PeterMac wrote:I expecially love the bit about suspending the search whilst the review takes place.

Because they "knew" exactly what happened to her.

So what to make of Redwood's statement that "she may be alive or sadly she may be dead".

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind 10.01.13 16:17

“According to what they say...we've done the reconstruction it's impossible from that place to see the apartment from where the little girl disappeared.”

And there is no doubt they would have been very thorough on this point. It wouldn’t have been mere guesswork all the staff would have been spoken to, anyone who saw them that week. They would have known exactly where they were sitting. Even if there were not a plethora of other holes and discrepancies in their statements, this fact alone coming out of a reconstruction is disgraceful enough.

monkey mind
monkey mind

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 10.01.13 16:17

The Metropolitan Police Review of all the material in the inquiry has been underway for over eighteen months. We have been really impressed and greatly encouraged by the work which has been done and its findings to date which are revealing there are definitely many stones yet to turn. We continue to wait and hope that the Portuguese authorities will agree to reopen the case so that the many lines of enquiry can be investigated.
[...]

Since March 2012 independent ‘physical’ investigation of lines of enquiry by our team has been put on hold ..

As it only needs a letter to the Portuguese authorities to ask for the case to be re-opened and as the McCanns know this full well, it seems to me this is mis-information.
Sitting and hoping isn't going to re-open the case. Writing a short letter to the attorney-general in Portugal will do the trick.
As there is now a Portuguese speaking person on the staff, it seems easier than ever before.

I've just read the address to the nation and re the Fund: hinting at the ever dwindling resources of the Fund I must say TM, not submitting the accounts and paying an ever higher fine isn't going to help fill the coffers you know!

It's like getting people to pay for a car and then incurring parking fines which they end up paying for as well.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 10.01.13 17:41

It's also good to take a look at the 2011 Christmas message. Wednesday 21 December 2011.

It can be found on findmadeleine.com in the updates section.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic72 10.01.13 21:02

As a UK tax payer I no longer wish my taxes to be spent of the Scotland Yard review. The millions spent could have helped many unfortunate people living difficult lives in the UK. SY & David Cameron, please stop this nonsense waste of money now, and also please present the review findings thus far because I want to know what is the outcome of my taxes that you have spent on this!

The Madeline fund should foot the bill for the review, and the McCann's should sell their house if there is not enough money in the fund. If they really want to 'find' their daughter then start using the 'fund' for what it was meant for!

I also donated to the 'fund' and as it currently stands, would like my donation to be refunded because I was misled by the McCann's.

sonic72
sonic72

Activity : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic72 10.01.13 21:09

aiyoyo wrote: It sums up that Mccanns' claim of "search" and claim "they asked authorities to reopen" are merely lip service on paper & internet and NO ACTION. Thus their claim in their litigation suits that their critics "hinder their search" is utter rubbish, and has no leg to stand on. It is the Mccanns who hinder the search.

The Mccann's are definitely the biggest hindrance to the 'search'!

sonic72
sonic72

Activity : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 10.01.13 21:20

aquila wrote:It also imo suggests that the McCanns have at least some knowledge of the UK review which I find astounding...
aquila, if you look at the interviews with DCI Andy Redwood and all the media hype and reports there were in mid-May last year (to co-incide with the launch of the paperbook version of Dr Kate McCann's 'madeleine'), you will find a number of references to how involved the McCanns were in the Scotland Yard Review. At the very least, we know that:

* early on they received a detailed briefing from DCI Redwood himself

* they are kept regularly updated on how the review is going, and

* the McCanns, especially Dr Kate McCann, were deeply involved in the design of the new age-progressed image/artistic photo of Madeleine aged about 9, with Dr Kate making a number of slight amendments before DCI Redwood agreed to release the sketch.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 11.01.13 4:11

tigger wrote:The Metropolitan Police Review of all the material in the inquiry has been underway for over eighteen months. We have been really impressed and greatly encouraged by the work which has been done and its findings to date which are revealing there are definitely many stones yet to turn. We continue to wait and hope that the Portuguese authorities will agree to reopen the case so that the many lines of enquiry can be investigated.
[...]

Since March 2012 independent ‘physical’ investigation of lines of enquiry by our team has been put on hold ..

As it only needs a letter to the Portuguese authorities to ask for the case to be re-opened and as the McCanns know this full well, it seems to me this is mis-information.
Sitting and hoping isn't going to re-open the case. Writing a short letter to the attorney-general in Portugal will do the trick.
As there is now a Portuguese speaking person on the staff, it seems easier than ever before.

I've just read the address to the nation and re the Fund: hinting at the ever dwindling resources of the Fund I must say TM, not submitting the accounts and paying an ever higher fine isn't going to help fill the coffers you know!

It's like getting people to pay for a car and then incurring parking fines which they end up paying for as well.

Exactly why Carlos Anjos saw through their deception tactics and said so on TV.

Quite how the review that had gone on for so long (18 months) then came up with there are many more stones to be turned (meaning 195 alleged fresh leads) can be impressive and encouraging to them is anyone's guess. Redwood did not say they are any where nearer to recovering Maddie or arresting her perpetrator. He merely said it was a crime of abduction by stranger which the Mccanns already knew rather claimed anyway; so what was there to be encouraged and impressed about? Not as if there was more productive result.

If the leads were hopeful and encouraging to them as they claimed , then why the hell didn't they push their private detectives, if not the Review Team, to be active and participative in chasing up those leads physically and proactively. Why did they suspend their private detectives instead during Review?

Their action as usual is in total contradiction to their words. Deception Indeed. Have no doubt you have been deceived good and proper by Mccanns' propaganda.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 11.01.13 4:21

BTW I feel Carlos Anjos should be added to "CMOMM New Year's Honour List - Mccanns Doubters".
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind 11.01.13 13:40

aiyoyo wrote:
tigger wrote:The Metropolitan Police Review of all the material in the inquiry has been underway for over eighteen months. We have been really impressed and greatly encouraged by the work which has been done and its findings to date which are revealing there are definitely many stones yet to turn. We continue to wait and hope that the Portuguese authorities will agree to reopen the case so that the many lines of enquiry can be investigated.
[...]

Exactly why Carlos Anjos saw through their deception tactics and said so on TV.

Quite how the review that had gone on for so long (18 months) then came up with there are many more stones to be turned (meaning 195 alleged fresh leads) can be impressive and encouraging to them is anyone's guess. Redwood did not say they are any where nearer to recovering Maddie or arresting her perpetrator. He merely said it was a crime of abduction by stranger which the Mccanns already knew rather claimed anyway; so what was there to be encouraged and impressed about? Not as if there was more productive result.

If the leads were hopeful and encouraging to them as they claimed , then why the hell didn't they push their private detectives, if not the Review Team, to be active and participative in chasing up those leads physically and proactively. Why did they suspend their private detectives instead during Review?

Their action as usual is in total contradiction to their words. Deception Indeed. Have no doubt you have been deceived good and proper by Mccanns' propaganda.
Aiyoyo, when you say ‘not as if there was more productive result’ it depends which perspective you are looking from. When Redwood broke silence when the paperback was to be released he did in a way help to install a new myth in the public psyche. He appeared on everyone’s telly box and in the face of history, statistics and a wealth of evidence he implanted in the telly box viewers minds the notion that Madeleine was still alive. And he produced a meaningless £3.6 million age progression photograph to reinforce that notion. Very shortly after that an ex colleague of his, now retired, appeared all over the popular Sun comic introduced as specialist in child abduction and threw his weight behind Redwood saying that in his opinion and by inference an ‘expert’ opinion not only was she alive but she was being well looked after and cared for by some imaginary family, which means again by inference she will be alive and well for a very long time, and all the tv presenters and tv and radio talk show and newspapers were all pedalling that myth. And the fact is, that if you work on the basis she is alive, then the McCanns CANNOT be suspect because the abduction MUST have happened, and if she’s going to be *alive* for a long time then they can’t be suspects for a long time either can they. . Now I’m not being sucked into that crock and I don’t think many are but it’s a subtle point and all that really matters is what is the principle the police are looking from. The one saving grace of this rubbish is that the PJ are wise to it. They can see the purpose of the review is to get them to reopen the investigation on the basis she is still alive and if they do that they cannot look at the McCann’s as suspects ergo they must be innocent. It’s as simple as that. The PJ know it, the Met know it, and boy oh boy do the McCanns know it.

Fortunately, the PJ aren’t playing at the moment. I hope I’m wrong but I suspect Grange will eventually close down with an open ended presumption that she is alive. If somehow her body should ever be discovered or some almost indisputable evidence come to light pointing towards her death (something like the sniffer dogs) then Redwood will be quite happy to stand up and say his primary concern was to find her alive and whilst evidence existed that she may be then that is the basis the review proceeded on. And IF that is how he leaves it, we will know it is a sham, as, in his own black heart will he.
monkey mind
monkey mind

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 11.01.13 14:05

@Monkey Mind,

The PJ appear to be not going for it at the moment or indeed for the past four years. That doesn't mean they won't. I have no faith in PJ or NSY doing the right thing. What's the life of one little girl when weighed against all the potential gain for bigger players/issues?

I also don't consider that Madeleine's disappearance is of huge importance to the general population of UK or Portugal. The fact that you, I and most people on this forum care about what happened with all its inferences and machinations is just a drop in the ocean. The people of PDL still get on with their day. The UK public get on with their day and absorb the McMedia machine.

It's only by persistent nit-picking at this state of affairs that there will be justice for Madeleine. Thank goodness for this forum and all the people who won't let things go.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.01.13 14:47

monkey mind wrote:
[...] When Redwood broke silence when the paperback was to be released he did in a way help to install a new myth in the public psyche. He appeared on everyone’s telly box and in the face of history, statistics and a wealth of evidence he implanted in the telly box viewers minds the notion that Madeleine was still alive. And he produced a meaningless £3.6 million age progression photograph to reinforce that notion. [...]
Ever since that picture emerging and K&G talking "down" the eye-defect in recent tv interviews, I've been waiting for a girl to be found, looking just like that with just a fleck in her eye ... IMO, of course, IMO :-)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind 11.01.13 16:12

Aiyoyo, you are right, that doesn’t mean the PJ won’t go for it sometime in the future. That decision will not be made by a policeman. That’s why (and I hope I’m wrong) I think it will be left by Grange the way I describe. I know without question most policemen regardless of nationality want to do the right thing and left to their own devices they would. Where the problem arises is when politicians get involved and for the most part they are self serving feeders of the highest order. The one thing that should disqualify anyone from becoming a politician is the very desire to be one. So far, the PJ have behaved with honour and dignity as it appears their politicians have. It remains to be seen whether SY are conducting themselves in a similar fashion. I am hopeful, but far from optimistic and would for many reasons be greatly saddened if they did not. As for British politicians and honour, I suspect that is the first time that body of people and that concept have ever appeared in the same sentence. I commend the men and women of the Portuguese police service and I commend their politicians to this point.
monkey mind
monkey mind

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum