The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Investigator ensures that Maddie's body in the backyard of Murat - Page 13 Mm11

Investigator ensures that Maddie's body in the backyard of Murat - Page 13 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Investigator ensures that Maddie's body in the backyard of Murat - Page 13 Mm11

Investigator ensures that Maddie's body in the backyard of Murat - Page 13 Regist10

Investigator ensures that Maddie's body in the backyard of Murat

Page 13 of 33 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Investigator ensures that Maddie's body in the backyard of Murat - Page 13 Empty Re: Investigator ensures that Maddie's body in the backyard of Murat

Post by Cristobell 07.07.12 18:51

tcat wrote:
Cristobell wrote:
Hi Tcat, I would be interested to see his investigations leading up to this point. I don't know for one moment, whether this a real or not, but as we all know, there are people out there who will go to all sorts of lengths to be the one to 'crack it'.

As for the Horrocks' article, I was tempted not to read any further when he discarded the evidence of the dogs as irrelevant. For the rest of it, I had to check the author wasn't Hans Christian Andersen. Good heavens, if the intention of an abductor had been adoption, he/she would have taken a baby, there were two going spare in the same room. I am no expert on the criminal mind, but I would imagine, even the dumbest of the lot, would not walk away from a crime scene carrying his booty outstretched in front of him as if he would holding a tray.particularly as that particularly booty was a live child, who could at any second start kicking, screaming and trying to get away. Even Jane Tanner has said, 'it seems ridiculous now' - but I would interpret that as a story being hastily made up on the spot. Ill thought out. If we were asked to picture a child abductor, most of us would pull out from our memory banks, the iconic Frankenstein image of a monster carrying away a beautiful little girl as if she were an object, not a human being.

The article is obviously not very well researched in my opinion, but it gives enough information to those who only pay cursory attention to the Madeleine story, to be satisfied that their money is being well spent. Most people have now moved on, and with old news stories their expectations are very little. Unfortunately, or fortunately for the mccanns, this is a story that won't go away. The spin doctors at the helm of this particular ship, assume in the first instance, that the majority of the public are gullible and naive enough not to peek beneath the first level. This case also has the 'cute' factor in the angelic face of the missing child, to ask questions would be like kicking puppies, its what makes this case so vexing.
I agree most people have moved on, Cristobell, and apathetic about the whole thing now but I think the report Horrocks produced is very clear in showing there isn't a scrap of evidence to support the abduction theory, apart from Tanner. I don't think it's a bad thing his conclusions were given exposure because it shows I think that many in the media are perfectly aware that after even all the money the fund has spent on detectives there is still no evidence that supports an abduction. I think Horrocks has researched well and he can't come up with a single piece of evidence but Tanner, and it's important that is shown by the media I think. I always felt sympathy for Jane Tanner being stuck in the middle of this case.

I was curious as to your sympathy for Jane Tanner, Tcat, and had a re-read of her statement. Getting past the sheer astonishment that she and her partner could possibly risk leaving a small, sick child alone, for the pleasure of their friends company, is a difficult one. I have tried to understand their perspective, and admit there have been times, as a single mother, I have sat indoors and wept because my mates were out partying and I couldn't join them, so I understand that desperate need. However, our basic instincts are, or should be, to protect our young. Our very young, especially. I didn't like the blase which she said it is 'normal' for British families to leave their children on their own. I haven't checked, but I wonder if the other statements put forward that idea too? If they do, it suggests collaboration. Its been interesting to learn how many people admit to this leaving children along thing, as being a normal practice, other than a few barmy presenters. Even the most fervent pro's, usually add, 'I wouldn't do it myself'.

I am not sure if I can feel sympathy for Jane. She put herself forward voluntarily for an active role in whatever was going on. Perhaps she drew the short straw who knows. It would be interesting to discover her status within the group. She wasn't a qualified doctor, she wasn't married to her partner. Her statement is integral to the whole mccann case.

I am not being hostile btw, just interested to hear your perspective as to why you find JT sympathetic, you are probably seeing something that I am not.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Investigator ensures that Maddie's body in the backyard of Murat - Page 13 Empty Re: Investigator ensures that Maddie's body in the backyard of Murat

Post by Guest 07.07.12 18:59

Article here from Joana Morais, Attorney General's Office and Expert dismiss speculation about Maddie's body..... from the paper edition of Journal de Noticias................

Attorney General's Office and Expert dismiss speculation about Maddie's body

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2012/07/attorney-generals-office-and-expert.html?utm_source=BP_recent
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 07.07.12 19:08

I have just thoroughly re-read Martin Grimes report, all vegetation was removed from the garden and probes used prior to dog going in. Brief and to the point.....no alert to human remains. In the unlikely event that a body was buried there after the sniffer dog's work with Mr Grime I do not see how Birch's claims can be true.
I cannot understand why this man has made these claims with almost certainty. There appears to be little basis for them, I doubt a body was kept and transported then buried after Grime and his dog went in.
It certainly stirred up a hornets nest though, did Mr Birch's claim.
I wonder what his motive was for giving the Portuguese media that story.

just read the tweet posted from JM.... I do not understand if you are told that a missing child's remains might be in a specific location, unless you are certain of the contrary, how it can be ignored. The Portuguese authorities have to follow it through dont they unless they know 100% that this can't possibly be the case.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 07.07.12 19:42

to add....I am sure I read the report Joana refers to yesterday. I really don't see how Birch can be simply dismissed and his claim ignored when it is the case of a girl missing for 5 years,even if it is possible he is an obsessive nutcase. He has actually presented the authorities in 2 countries with his findings.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.07.12 19:46

tcat wrote:
Pershing36 wrote:I think they need to do something quick or a certain pro's server will overload. They must be in panic they have no less than 5 threads concentrated on this.
They're determined to accuse absolutely everybody they can think of as having been in cahoots with Birch aren't they.

All six (or so) of them on that forum big grin
Yes, 6 or so, since they outed one of their most confidant nr. 7 or 8 a couple of months ago over a trivial thingy.
They like to keep a "compact" team. And think they're "all" clever and funny. Funny, yes, but in another way laughat
BTW I do disinfect on the way out every time I've been there big grin
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 07.07.12 19:48

Seems the papers have taken the bait and Mr Murat has his Lawyers set up and ready for the libel action.

http://www.algarveresident.com/0-47823/algarve/exclusive-interview-with-robert-murat

Murat’s lawyer, Francisco Pagarete, told the Algarve Resident: “We are unsure as to the veracity of those photographs.”

When asked if his client would be suing Stephen Birch for unlawful entry to his mother’s property or for his claims, the lawyer said: “We are currently analysing the news report.”

They already knew the PJ would not excavate the garden so the speculation will remain for eternity.

Personally I would love to know the condition of a certain persons finances. I still believe strongly this was a setup for one or the other or even both to make money!!!
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 07.07.12 19:57

Well if I was Robert or his Mum, I`m afraid I couldn`t resist digging that bit of garden up just to put my mind at rest. Surely the PJ must be intrigued ....... unless of course they all know for sure she`s not there because she`s somewhere else.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 07.07.12 19:59

taking Maddie out of the picture for a moment....there are other missing children in Portugal are there not?
A person has claimed he is almost certain that there are human remains in a specific location.
It has to be checked out, verified or not, surely. How can a police force not conduct a search? How can they be so certain that there are no human remains [ possibly not Maddie's] on this property? If the man is a scam artist, let him be charged with whatever offence he has committed. His claims have to be checked out now imo there could be the human remains of any missing person there. I feel very sorry for the Murats, but now this is with the police I fail to see how dismissing it can be justified.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 07.07.12 20:03

russiandoll wrote: to add....I am sure I read the report Joana refers to yesterday. I really don't see how Birch can be simply dismissed and his claim ignored when it is the case of a girl missing for 5 years,even if it is possible he is an obsessive nutcase. He has actually presented the authorities in 2 countries with his findings.

The police have to expend resources to investigate these leads and for the simple fact Birch gives the burial date as May 3rd 2007, I will dismiss him as well. I thought this story may have credibility when I assumed the burial was after the dogs search.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.07.12 20:05

Cristobell wrote:I was curious as to your sympathy for Jane Tanner, Tcat, and had a re-read of her statement. Getting past the sheer astonishment that she and her partner could possibly risk leaving a small, sick child alone, for the pleasure of their friends company, is a difficult one. I have tried to understand their perspective, and admit there have been times, as a single mother, I have sat indoors and wept because my mates were out partying and I couldn't join them, so I understand that desperate need. However, our basic instincts are, or should be, to protect our young. Our very young, especially. I didn't like the blase which she said it is 'normal' for British families to leave their children on their own. I haven't checked, but I wonder if the other statements put forward that idea too? If they do, it suggests collaboration. Its been interesting to learn how many people admit to this leaving children along thing, as being a normal practice, other than a few barmy presenters. Even the most fervent pro's, usually add, 'I wouldn't do it myself'.

I am not sure if I can feel sympathy for Jane. She put herself forward voluntarily for an active role in whatever was going on. Perhaps she drew the short straw who knows. It would be interesting to discover her status within the group. She wasn't a qualified doctor, she wasn't married to her partner. Her statement is integral to the whole mccann case.

I am not being hostile btw, just interested to hear your perspective as to why you find JT sympathetic, you are probably seeing something that I am not.
I know you're not being hostile smilie I'm just speculating like everybody else. I don't know what happened that night, I just think that even after five years we know little facts about what happened between 10pm and the time they gave their first formal statements to the police. I don't know what happened and what Jane did or did not see (she may well have seen something) but I think we can say that the first police on the scene didn't believe the abduction claim (and neither did some others when they saw there was no evidence of a break-in) and Jane may have very quickly known she was the only evidence for it. I'm just speculating that different people react in different ways under extreme pressure, and she found herself in the middle of an extremely stressful situation. I'm not excusing anything that may or may not have happened between 10pm and their first statements to the police, just attempting to understand what might have happened. Or not happened - it's just a theory. GM doesn't mind us having theories he said.

I know the other families including Jane's left their children alone but they didn't leave the apartments unlocked did they. All the daytime TV presenters and columnists defending K&G for doing 'what we've all done' didn't leave their homes or apartments unlocked while they were out either I'll bet. So they haven't 'all done it' like K&G in actual fact.

The support they've always had from these people with the power to influence is baffling isn't it?

All just my personal opinions of course.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 07.07.12 20:08

Russiandoll - I agree - this claim just cannot be ignored, even if it is bollox. You can bet someone WILL do the digging eventually and its surely best if the dig is done forensically.
Woofer
Woofer

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 07.07.12 20:08

The PJ didn't search the Arade dam when that lawyer claimed to have received information from the underworld that Maddie's body lay there. Why should they now search Murat's garden AGAIN just to put certain people's minds at rest?
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 07.07.12 20:13

ShuBob wrote:The PJ didn't search the Arade dam when that lawyer claimed to have received information from the underworld that Maddie's body lay there. Why should they now search Murat's garden AGAIN just to put certain people's minds at rest?

Because it could have been put there after the police search. Anyway ShuBob, wouldn`t you dig that area up if it was in your garden?
Woofer
Woofer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 07.07.12 20:15

russiandoll wrote: taking Maddie out of the picture for a moment....there are other missing children in Portugal are there not?
A person has claimed he is almost certain that there are human remains in a specific location.
It has to be checked out, verified or not, surely. How can a police force not conduct a search? How can they be so certain that there are no human remains [ possibly not Maddie's] on this property? If the man is a scam artist, let him be charged with whatever offence he has committed. His claims have to be checked out now imo there could be the human remains of any missing person there. I feel very sorry for the Murats, but now this is with the police I fail to see how dismissing it can be justified.

Hi russiandoll, I agree. He says his machine has found something. Maybe a buried pet or a missing child, any child. It is akin to Eddie and keela's finds, they didn't carry a name tag, but finds of cadaverine and blood.
It cannot be ignored, even if they are sure it isn't Madeleine, though how they can be beats me unless they know where she is and it isn't in the garden of Mrs Murat's villa.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 07.07.12 20:17

Woofer wrote:
ShuBob wrote:The PJ didn't search the Arade dam when that lawyer claimed to have received information from the underworld that Maddie's body lay there. Why should they now search Murat's garden AGAIN just to put certain people's minds at rest?

Because it could have been put there after the police search. Anyway ShuBob, wouldn`t you dig that area up if it was in your garden?

But that's not what Birch is claiming. He says his investigation puts the burial date as the night of Maddie's disappearance- 3rd May 2007. Based on such information, no, I wouldn't dig my garden!
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 07.07.12 20:21

ShuBob wrote:
Woofer wrote:

But that's not what Birch is claiming. He says his investigation puts the burial date as the night of Maddie's disappearance- 3rd May 2007. Based on such information, no, I wouldn't dig my garden!

Even if he`s claiming she was put into the ground on 3rd May, and that claim could be wrong, I would still be out there with my shovel right now if I was Mrs. Murat.
Woofer
Woofer

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 07.07.12 20:22

Each to their own but I won't think any less of the PJ or the Murats if they decide to ignore this information.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.07.12 20:23

ShuBob wrote:But that's not what Birch is claiming. He says his investigation puts the burial date as the night of Maddie's disappearance- 3rd May 2007. Based on such information, no, I wouldn't dig my garden!
Yep Birch needs to publish the evidence he says he has indicating the 2007 searches weren't done properly. Who's going to take his allegation seriously if he doesn't, or he actually has no evidence?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.07.12 20:27

tcat wrote:
ShuBob wrote:But that's not what Birch is claiming. He says his investigation puts the burial date as the night of Maddie's disappearance- 3rd May 2007. Based on such information, no, I wouldn't dig my garden!
Yep Birch needs to publish the evidence he says he has indicating the 2007 searches weren't done properly. Who's going to take his allegation seriously if he doesn't, or he actually has no evidence?

I don't personally think he needs to publish anything. He should give all his evidence to the police and let them deal with it. They have asked him to supply further information which he says he is doing. Since when do people who have evidence in a case publish it? He really should not have gone to the media in the first place imo. That's why I think there is something not right about all this.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 07.07.12 20:32

I still tend to think its linked with the email Sharoni received 15 months ago, which is when Birch says he became interested.
Woofer
Woofer

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 07.07.12 20:33

candyfloss wrote:
tcat wrote:

I don't personally think he needs to publish anything. He should give all his evidence to the police and let them deal with it. They have asked him to supply further information which he says he is doing. Since when do people who have evidence in a case publish it? He really should not have gone to the media in the first place imo. That's why I think there is something not right about all this.

Quite clearly in the Maddie case. It's been a free-for-all since May 3rd 2007.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 07.07.12 20:35

Woofer wrote:I still tend to think its linked with the email Sharoni received 15 months ago, which is when Birch says he became interested.

I have very little doubt it's linked and believe the PJ, the McCanns, the press and possibly the Murats were aware of the claims either before or around the same time as SharonI.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 07.07.12 20:39

ShuBob wrote:
Woofer wrote:I still tend to think its linked with the email Sharoni received 15 months ago, which is when Birch says he became interested.

I have very little doubt it's linked and believe the PJ, the McCanns, the press and possibly the Murats were aware of the claims either before or around the same time as SharonI.

Me too, there again on the one hand we are told what a piss poor job the police did. Now we are being told by the same camp they thoroughly investigated it. Maybe they used the notoriously 'unreliable dogs' which is why they missed it?

Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 07.07.12 20:40

candyfloss wrote:
tcat wrote:

One would like to think the police would be the safest place to send stuff, but with the amount of corruption that seems to have been going on within both police forces, I`d be in two minds myself.

But certainly something not right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.07.12 20:40

candyfloss wrote:I don't personally think he needs to publish anything. He should give all his evidence to the police and let them deal with it. They have asked him to supply further information which he says he is doing. Since when do people who have evidence in a case publish it? He really should not have gone to the media in the first place imo. That's why I think there is something not right about all this.
I just mean he said he was going to publish some information, and if he doesn't then his credibility suffers. I agree he should have sent everything he has to the police and hopefully he has (and to the Murat family too probably, as they surely have a right to know if he has any evidence things weren't done properly in 2007?)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 33 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top