The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Anyone seen this photo before?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anyone seen this photo before?

Post by garyp on 19.06.12 16:48

I know a lot is made of the lack of photos but I have always thought maybe TM or the PJ only allowed some to be released. Was looking for something on getty images and found this from 8th May 07, not seen it anywhere else.

If it has been discussed mods feel free to delete this topic or move it



Inverted



http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/kate-mccann-holds-a-photo-of-her-daughter-madeleine-and-a-news-photo/74102014

garyp

Posts : 17
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone seen this photo before?

Post by PeterMac on 19.06.12 17:50

Caption: LAGOS, PORTUGAL - MAY 08: Kate McCann holds a photo of her daughter Madeleine and a toy doll on May 8, 2007 at the Algarve resort village of Praia da Luz in Portugal. Madeleine dissapeared on May 3, 2007 from her resort apartment bedroom in Praia da Luz while her parents were dining at a nearby restaurant. (Photo by Denis Doyle/Getty Images)
Date created: 08 May 2007
So taken on day 4.
Good close up of felix cuddelorum making it very clear is the one from "Russ Berrie 8" Moos Star plush rattle toy"

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 174
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone seen this photo before?

Post by sami on 19.06.12 19:46

Lots of images on that site. What is interesting is that in every picture where Kate's wrist is exposed she is wearing a watch. So too is Gerry. Mitchell had led us to believe nobody had a watch during dinner at the Tapas, which was rather strange to me given they were checking on their children at timed, regular intervals. Immediately after the event, Kate is never without a watch.

A watch is something most people wear all of the time or not at all. My husband does not own a watch for example, however I would never be without one.

Why would Kate not wear hers to dinner at night, if she is a habitual wearer during the day.

sami

Posts : 965
Reputation : 53
Join date : 2012-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone seen this photo before?

Post by tigger on 19.06.12 19:51

@sami wrote:Lots of images on that site. What is interesting is that in every picture where Kate's wrist is exposed she is wearing a watch. So too is Gerry. Mitchell had led us to believe nobody had a watch during dinner at the Tapas, which was rather strange to me given they were checking on their children at timed, regular intervals. Immediately after the event, Kate is never without a watch.

A watch is something most people wear all of the time or not at all. My husband does not own a watch for example, however I would never be without one.

Why would Kate not wear hers to dinner at night, if she is a habitual wearer during the day.

She slipped up on that in the book where she says that Gerry got up at 9.05 exactly by his watch ... to go and do his check.

No watches and no mobiles were handy for confusing the timelines. Only the one night though imo.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone seen this photo before?

Post by Nina on 19.06.12 19:56

@garyp wrote:I know a lot is made of the lack of photos but I have always thought maybe TM or the PJ only allowed some to be released. Was looking for something on getty images and found this from 8th May 07, not seen it anywhere else.

If it has been discussed mods feel free to delete this topic or move it



Inverted



http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/kate-mccann-holds-a-photo-of-her-daughter-madeleine-and-a-news-photo/74102014

That is one very well kept cuddly. The stitching for the whiskers and eyebrows is without blemish. How long is Madeleine supposed to have had it? Imo the toy is new and a prop.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.
avatar
Nina

Posts : 2861
Reputation : 334
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 74

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone seen this photo before?

Post by dragonfly on 19.06.12 20:35

I could be wrong, I seem to remember watching a video of a service inside the church and the picture displayed of Madeleine was one I had never seen before, I think she was wearing white, Does anyone one know what video I am talking about?

____________________

avatar
dragonfly

Posts : 318
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone seen this photo before?

Post by Guest on 19.06.12 22:27

Dragonfly - could this be the photo you're thinking of?

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/1may7/LIVERPOOLCONFIDENTIAL_09_05_07.htm
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone seen this photo before?

Post by tuom on 19.06.12 23:11

@Nina wrote:
@garyp wrote:I know a lot is made of the lack of photos but I have always thought maybe TM or the PJ only allowed some to be released. Was looking for something on getty images and found this from 8th May 07, not seen it anywhere else.

If it has been discussed mods feel free to delete this topic or move it



Inverted



http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/kate-mccann-holds-a-photo-of-her-daughter-madeleine-and-a-news-photo/74102014

That is one very well kept cuddly. The stitching for the whiskers and eyebrows is without blemish. How long is Madeleine supposed to have had it? Imo the toy is new and a prop.



You beat me to it ! That was the first thing I thought when I saw the picture .......... strange it does not look like a toy that has been slept with, dribbled on , dropped etc .......... even CC is not real Aw Well !!
avatar
tuom

Posts : 531
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone seen this photo before?

Post by dragonfly on 19.06.12 23:30

Jean wrote:Dragonfly - could this be the photo you're thinking of?

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/1may7/LIVERPOOLCONFIDENTIAL_09_05_07.htm

Thank you for your response Jean I think that could be it, The video was posted on this site some where I did try to look for it, so thank you Jean

____________________

avatar
dragonfly

Posts : 318
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone seen this photo before?

Post by dragonfly on 19.06.12 23:48

@tigger wrote:
@sami wrote:Lots of images on that site. What is interesting is that in every picture where Kate's wrist is exposed she is wearing a watch. So too is Gerry. Mitchell had led us to believe nobody had a watch during dinner at the Tapas, which was rather strange to me given they were checking on their children at timed, regular intervals. Immediately after the event, Kate is never without a watch.

A watch is something most people wear all of the time or not at all. My husband does not own a watch for example, however I would never be without one.

Why would Kate not wear hers to dinner at night, if she is a habitual wearer during the day.

She slipped up on that in the book where she says that Gerry got up at 9.05 exactly by his watch ... to go and do his check.

No watches and no mobiles were handy for confusing the timelines. Only the one night though imo.
Russell O'Brien's rogatory interview
Checks on children Kate and Gerry checked by the clock, where as Jane and I checked between courses

____________________

avatar
dragonfly

Posts : 318
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone seen this photo before?

Post by Gillyspot on 20.06.12 6:30

I actuallly think garyp meant the pic of Madeleine & I agree I can't recall seeing this particular photograph anywhere either. Although I imagine it was taken at the same time as this one

Another point why does Kate carry a picture of Madeleine (a4) around creased in her hand?

____________________
Kate McCann "I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances"
avatar
Gillyspot

Posts : 1470
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone seen this photo before?

Post by Hummingbird on 20.06.12 8:52

Why is it that almost every picture I have seen of Madeleine she never seems to be looking at the camera? She is always looking at the floor or at someone else in the opposite direction?



Hummingbird

Posts : 248
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-05-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone seen this photo before?

Post by rainbow-fairy on 20.06.12 11:25

@Hummingbird wrote:Why is it that almost every picture I have seen of Madeleine she never seems to be looking at the camera? She is always looking at the floor or at someone else in the opposite direction?


I had noticed that Hummingbird. Two possibilities jump out at me.
1)As the mum of two boys, one with ADHD and the youngest severe autistic spectrum disorder, eye contact is a problem. My ASD son WILL LOOK at a cameras sometimes, but he WILL NOT look AT photo's of himself!
2)It could be a shyness, or a wariness because of abuse. The shyness seems at odds with family descriptions of her, so was she abused in some way?

If forced to choose I'd say she was somewhere on the autistic spectrum. My ASD son is as hyper as hell, worse even than the one wiv ADHD! Wink

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
avatar
rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 43
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone seen this photo before?

Post by PeterMac on 20.06.12 11:37

The "No watches" stuff was one of Mitchell's feeble LIES.
But who told him to say that ?

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 174
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone seen this photo before?

Post by Guest on 20.06.12 11:44

@PeterMac wrote:The "No watches" stuff was one of Mitchell's feeble LIES.
But who told him to say that ?

***
I could think of a couple of usual suspects to answer that question

IMO his "no valuables taken" wasn't a lie, but definitely one of the most stupid things to say ...
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone seen this photo before?

Post by joyce1938 on 20.06.12 11:56

Hi all, I saw a picture on pamalams site with a lot of others of m. one was i am certain as i can be ,was pic. of ka,with dungerees on and t shirt ,long bunches to side of head ,dress not with keeping with tha fashion at the time . looks so like kate ,couldnt see a caption of it to say it was anyone else. has anyone here seen it ?joyce1938
avatar
joyce1938

Posts : 847
Reputation : 113
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 78
Location : england

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone seen this photo before?

Post by russiandoll on 20.06.12 12:28

checking by the clock from K and G acc to ROB? Sounds like medical observations at such regular intervals. Sedation perhaps?

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

avatar
russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone seen this photo before?

Post by Guest on 20.06.12 13:05

@joyce1938 wrote:Hi all, I saw a picture on pamalams site with a lot of others of m. one was i am certain as i can be ,was pic. of ka,with dungerees on and t shirt ,long bunches to side of head ,dress not with keeping with tha fashion at the time . looks so like kate ,couldnt see a caption of it to say it was anyone else. has anyone here seen it ?joyce1938

This one? http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/bm/38.jpg

This is definitely stated to be a photo of Kate as a child.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone seen this photo before?

Post by joyce1938 on 20.06.12 15:19

Thanks for your reply jean,i viewed it amongst a lot of maddie pics,then couldnt see easily if it had a caption to it ,does it seem odd that all pics of child ,then a wild card one of her mum?I will take another look at some time ,not today regardsjoyce1938
avatar
joyce1938

Posts : 847
Reputation : 113
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 78
Location : england

View user profile

Back to top Go down

a few more little thoughts...

Post by butterfly23 on 24.09.12 0:22

reading through this section i have a few more thoughts on what i have read here;- 1)- if none of those who were dining together had a watch one ..which seems unlikely for a bunch of professional people..it would be tricky to organise regular checks on the children- but SURELY one of them would retrieve a watch while on their many visits back to the flats for aforementioned checks..? 2)- it seems very likely that cuddlecat was ALWAYS just a prop= no pics of madeleine holding it...it looks brand new....just used to be carried about, along with a picture, for the cameras!!! strange that one of those cuddlecats did have a scent tho ??? another mystery !!! 3)- there are a few pics with madeleine looking at camera- obvious ones that spring to mind are those with all the make up on !!! have noticed that the mccann family pics of madeleine are quite unlike those of other families- the make up pics are very weird- but many of the others are just not right somehow..... 4)- are there baby photos of madeleine- not toddler ones- baby pics from when she was just born ???? 5)- it seems that the mccanns thought a real & convincing way to portray an image of a family desperate to find their missing daughter was to have lots of writbands made and wear them with lots of streamers , carrying a toy cat & a photo...while being filmed releasing balloons/ meeting the pope/ walking hand in hand....a lot..... !!! but, not actually doing any searching .....

____________________
to be good at telling lies... ...you need to have a good memory...!!!
avatar
butterfly23

Posts : 30
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-09-20
Location : BRITAIN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone seen this photo before?

Post by tigger on 24.09.12 7:07

Châtelaine wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:The "No watches" stuff was one of Mitchell's feeble LIES.
But who told him to say that ?

***
I could think of a couple of usual suspects to answer that question

IMO his "no valuables taken" wasn't a lie, but definitely one of the most stupid things to say ...

But in the bewk Kate says that Gerry got up at 9.04 ...by his watch!.
And here is the explanation by Blacksmith:

Macwatch, noun. (1) A form of guarding or supervision inviting trespass, kidnap and sometimes death. Example: Who let the fucking suicide bomber in, for Christ’s sake? Wasn’t there a sentry? No sergeant, that night there was only a macwatch. (2) A wristwatch which always reads 9.04 PM and is invisible to others. The typical wearer suddenly “sees” it after a period of months.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone seen this photo before?

Post by Guest on 24.09.12 10:30

@butterfly23 wrote:reading through this section i have a few more thoughts on what i have read here;- 1)- if none of those who were dining together had a watch one ..which seems unlikely for a bunch of professional people..it would be tricky to organise regular checks on the children- but SURELY one of them would retrieve a watch while on their many visits back to the flats for aforementioned checks..? 2)- it seems very likely that cuddlecat was ALWAYS just a prop= no pics of madeleine holding it...it looks brand new....just used to be carried about, along with a picture, for the cameras!!! strange that one of those cuddlecats did have a scent tho ??? another mystery !!! 3)- there are a few pics with madeleine looking at camera- obvious ones that spring to mind are those with all the make up on !!! have noticed that the mccann family pics of madeleine are quite unlike those of other families- the make up pics are very weird- but many of the others are just not right somehow..... 4)- are there baby photos of madeleine- not toddler ones- baby pics from when she was just born ???? 5)- it seems that the mccanns thought a real & convincing way to portray an image of a family desperate to find their missing daughter was to have lots of writbands made and wear them with lots of streamers , carrying a toy cat & a photo...while being filmed releasing balloons/ meeting the pope/ walking hand in hand....a lot..... !!! but, not actually doing any searching .....

Even in The Book, there are no babypictures of Madeleine.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone seen this photo before?

Post by Guest on 24.09.12 11:36

Not so Portia. Not as a newborn yes but there are some of her as a baby.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/M.htm
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone seen this photo before?

Post by tigger on 24.09.12 13:22

Jean wrote:Not so Portia. Not as a newborn yes but there are some of her as a baby.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/M.htm

The one with Maddie as a baby and K and G has definitely got G photoshopped in. That is the earliest one I can think of and Kate is wearing a jacket that a reader on MM said wasn't available in 2003 - I wouldn't know about it.
But - just my idea and nothing to do with reality - what if Maddie was a terrible disappointment right from the birth? i.e. not perfect for perfect parents, so the natural consequence would be that there would not be a lot of photographs of that period anyway.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone seen this photo before?

Post by aquila on 24.09.12 17:30

Has anyone ever seen a picture of KM pregnant? The latest media trend is to show a pregnant belly whenever possible and it sells. I'm surprised there wasn't a pictorial history (encouraged by a publicist/publisher) to show KM with child. We've seen photos of the duo from their courting days/on holiday. We've seen videos of their children in their home. We've seen the odd photo of Madeleine with other kids. Where's the pregnancy photo? I may be wrong here but I've never seen a picture of KM pregnant. I've seen 'post-natal' pictures of her with a baby. I've read about her leaving The Netherlands as she wasn't well whilst pregnant. As the struggle to conceive through IVF was clearly told, I would have thought there would be much to made of 'from conception to loss'. Every other area (IMO only) has been exploited explored.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8698
Reputation : 1687
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum