The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Is everybody feeling positive about tomorrow? Mm11

Is everybody feeling positive about tomorrow? Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Is everybody feeling positive about tomorrow? Mm11

Is everybody feeling positive about tomorrow? Regist10

Is everybody feeling positive about tomorrow?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is everybody feeling positive about tomorrow? Empty Is everybody feeling positive about tomorrow?

Post by Guest 11.01.10 12:16

Don't know about anyone else, but I am getting really nervous. I see it's ony SKY news about the McCanns flying out to Lisbon today. How do you think it will go? I am trying to keep positive, and wish Mr Amaral the best, but with the McCanns lawyers you never know. Lets hope freedom of speech prevails.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Is everybody feeling positive about tomorrow? Empty Re: Is everybody feeling positive about tomorrow?

Post by littlepixie 11.01.10 12:42

Well, I must say I am nervous too. I have no faith in the justice system any more.
Only last week a young man I know who was a bystander at a fight was advised by his Counsel in Crown Court to plead guilty to being involved even though he never threw a punch.
He was told he would be sent to prison if he plead not guilty even though he had no criminal record.

He has learning difficulties and now has a tag and a suspended sentence for doing absolutely nothing.

I have my fingers crossed for Snr Amaral and hope that the truth prevails in this case.
littlepixie
littlepixie

Activity : 1392

Back to top Go down

Is everybody feeling positive about tomorrow? Empty Re: Is everybody feeling positive about tomorrow?

Post by Guest 11.01.10 12:55

Well, it looks as though an English cop who was supposed to testify on behalf of Mr Amaral, is now longer going to testify. Bit worrying, here is the article

Maddie case: Police English invokes state secrets privilege to refuse to testify
00h00m
NUNO MIGUEL MAIA
Trial book on Maddie without key witness in research English.

A detective sergeant from Scotland Yard submits "immunity of State and obligation of secrecy on investigations of the case Maddie refuse to testify tomorrow, Tuesday, at the beginning of the trial that Mr and Mrs McCann to the former coordinator of the PJ, Gonçalo Amaral .

The witnesses tomorrow in the Civil Courts of Lisbon, limited to the elements will be enrolled by the former head of the Judiciary Police of Portimão, most of which also collaborated in the investigation of the disappearance of British girl. The case concerns the order of recall of all books "True Lies", which is defended the thesis of the death of Maddie, and parental involvement in hiding the corpse.

The English police, incidentally named Portuguese (José de Freitas), was the official liaison between the Lusitanian and English and the McCanns. On several occasions accompanied Kate and Gerry, who were to be made defendants, after being confronted with evidence of human blood and body odor in the apartment at the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz, Lagos. The remains - remember - were detected by the English dogs "Eddie" and "Keela".

As is standard in the concrete procedures of the British, all the contacts and signals expressed by the McCanns were recorded, including those who contributed to support the decision to set up as suspects. And that's about it, and other data that you want to Gonçalo Amaral interview.

"Any potential evidence [testimony] that I can give may be subject to confidentiality and Public Interest Immunity english. Furthermore, since all the services that were watched officers, applies the doctrine of state immunity and will be required consent of the United Kingdom authorities to waive the immunity of state, before I could be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Portugal and to offer any evidence, whether relevant or not. The immunity of the State covering my official acts is that of United Kingdom and not mine, and can not be waived for me, but only by the United Kingdom, "José de Freitas wrote to the judge of the Civil Courts of Lisbon after having been notified in a letter to the JN had access.

The police suggested that his testimony is before the request through a letter rogatory or through the British ambassador in Portugal. Subject to prior authorization by the British, who have just set a tight regime of secrecy of the process in England (see text below).

(google translation)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby 11.01.10 12:56

That's so unjust littlepixie how can it be right?
It makes my blood boil.
I think this has a fifty fifty chance, after all it was refused, then granted, but I share your nerves. In a way perhaps it's a plus that Jose Defreitas has been barred from giving evidence as it proves what Amaral said all along about interference.
On a different note, this is weird: (from a twitterer called newsoutlines, on Twitter) Is anyone following recent developments re: Hollie Greig? (Maddie connection) (http://newsoutlines.blogspot.com/search/label/Hollie%20Greig
I read their article and it appears to be saying that Anne Greig, mother of abused Holly Greig, advised police that two of her abusers were in PDL at the same time Maddie disappeared but police nevr acted on her advice. Corruption at very high levels within Scottish police - boy every day it's something else *brain implodes*
Ruby
Ruby

Activity : 704

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby 11.01.10 12:59

that is fifty fifty but it won't let me edit!
Ruby
Ruby

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 11.01.10 13:00

:: Sky News Online will be covering the libel case with line-by-line live updates from inside the courtroom in Portugal.

This is interesting from Sky. Going a bit over the top aren't they.
littlepixie
littlepixie

Activity : 1392

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby 11.01.10 13:02

Eh?
Thought closed meant we'd hear zilch!
Really confused now, but admittedly it doesn't take much daft
Ruby
Ruby

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 11.01.10 13:10

All UK court cases are in camera and we hear the details that are given out for those. I suppose in the same way we'll just hear the journos thoughts as it's going on.
vaguely1
vaguely1

Activity : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 11.01.10 13:11

oh , okay, 'line by line live updates from inside the courtroom' sounds like it's not in camera at all.

how confusing.
vaguely1
vaguely1

Back to top Go down

Post by baconbutty 11.01.10 15:07

Sounds like it's only in camera as far as the general public is concerned -- might be to avoid any opposing factions squaring up to each other and chipping in at every verse end.
But it looks as if accredited media will be allowed in, given their supposed neutrality. (pause for hollow laughter)
baconbutty
baconbutty

Activity : 351

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 11.01.10 16:58

Trying to stay positive too but, having also lost faith in the justice system, all we can do is hope and pray that Mr Amaral has a fair hearing and justice prevails. Does anyone know what time the hearing is due to start?
Autumn

Activity : 2903

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath 11.01.10 17:37

Anne Greig, surely that's an old story? I remember I've read about it ages ago.

I haven't a clue when it starts tomorrow.
I doubt it'll be in camera, it's a civil case.
Cath

Activity : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.01.10 17:58

Autumn wrote:Trying to stay positive too but, having also lost faith in the justice system, all we can do is hope and pray that Mr Amaral has a fair hearing and justice prevails. Does anyone know what time the hearing is due to start?

Hi Autumn, last time it was supposed to start at 10 - 10.30ish, so I would think it might probably be around the same time. Just me guessing though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby 11.01.10 18:04

Inyx wrote:Anne Greig, surely that's an old story? I remember I've read about it ages ago.

I haven't a clue when it starts tomorrow.
I doubt it'll be in camera, it's a civil case.

You're right Inyx, it is so this could be just more obfuscation.
What happened to Hollie happened nearly twenty years ago.
The update, claimed on that site, is that Anne Greig, Hollie's Mum, reported that two known child abusers (her ex-husband and son) were in PDL when Maddie disappeared. Sounds like spin to me, but the bigger picture is alleged to involve the higher echelons of the Scottish constabulary, right up to the sheriff.
Ruby
Ruby

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby 11.01.10 18:06

candyfloss wrote:
Autumn wrote:Trying to stay positive too but, having also lost faith in the justice system, all we can do is hope and pray that Mr Amaral has a fair hearing and justice prevails. Does anyone know what time the hearing is due to start?

Hi Autumn, last time it was supposed to start at 10 - 10.30ish, so I would think it might probably be around the same time. Just me guessing though.

I have heard 9:30 Portuguese time (if that is different to UK) from a friend in PT.
Ruby
Ruby

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 11.01.10 18:07

candyfloss wrote:

Thanks Candyfloss :flower: lets brace ourselves for an avalanche of pink spin this week angry
Autumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby 11.01.10 19:10

Thanks for link vaguely1.
I read this before but didn't remember any PDL link mentioned, nor is it on the link you posted or Google, so I think I will disregard this.
Ruby
Ruby

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 11.01.10 19:13

I think that Portugal is mentioned in Tony's OP.

If not it's mentioned somewhere. Not PDL specifically.

I'd never seen the two linked before, until your post on page 1.

Is this an official link being given??
vaguely1
vaguely1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath 11.01.10 19:48

Ruby wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

I have heard 9:30 Portuguese time (if that is different to UK) from a friend in PT.

I've found it and it's indeed 9:30 Portuguese time, that's 10:30 UK time

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=nl&sl=pt&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Faeiou.visao.pt%2Fmadeleine-casal-mccann-presente-no-julgamento-de-proibicao-de-venda-de-livro-de-goncalo-amaral%3Df543725
Cath

Activity : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryB 11.01.10 20:30

I also heard it started at 9.30 in the morning. But I expect that will be Portuguese time. Not sure how that translates into our time. (Too complicated for my little brain!!)
MaryB
MaryB

Activity : 246

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 11.01.10 20:33

Where is TB today? Anyone heard from him? Has he gone to Portugal with Deborah and Sharon?
ufercoffy
ufercoffy

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 11.01.10 20:42

ufercoffy wrote:Where is TB today? Anyone heard from him? Has he gone to Portugal with Deborah and Sharon?

If he has gone, I very much doubt he will be accompanying Deborah - also, there is nothing to say she is going, only her word which, imo, counts for nothing.
Autumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Still Here 11.01.10 21:07

What it boils down to, is this; does Gonçalo Amaral really have something to say at the court? Something that's really incriminating? GA has always maintained that he has further information to reveal.

Well, now is the time to do it.
Still Here

Activity : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 11.01.10 21:09

thumbsup
vaguely1
vaguely1

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top