The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Scotland Yard WILL examine parents' possible guilt re Madeleine - OFFICIAL Mm11

Scotland Yard WILL examine parents' possible guilt re Madeleine - OFFICIAL Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Scotland Yard WILL examine parents' possible guilt re Madeleine - OFFICIAL Mm11

Scotland Yard WILL examine parents' possible guilt re Madeleine - OFFICIAL Regist10

Scotland Yard WILL examine parents' possible guilt re Madeleine - OFFICIAL

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scotland Yard WILL examine parents' possible guilt re Madeleine - OFFICIAL Empty Scotland Yard WILL examine parents' possible guilt re Madeleine - OFFICIAL

Post by Tony Bennett 25.07.11 23:14

Some of the links in this thread  are no longer valid but the letters can be read here:

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id383.htm

Admin 15 May 2017

Full Madeleine Foundation letter to Scotland Yard, 11 July 2011: http://bit.ly/nAJYow

Madeleine Foundation's 2nd letter to Scotland Yard, 21 July 2011: http://bit.ly/pbm3jN

Today's reply from Scotland Yard, sent on 19 July 2011 from Detective Chief Inspector Redwood: http://tinyurl.com/3f7pbj9

DCI Redwood says:

"The investigative review will encompass ALL INVESTIGATIONS THAT HAVE BEEN CONDUCTED..."

and "Please BY ALL MEANS forward 'evidence' which you believe will assist this process..."

and

"Any material submitted will be subject to assessment and review".

In the light of those comments I would suggest that ANYONE who considers they have evidence of any kind, even circumstantial evidence, that Madeleine McCann was NOT abducted, then they should write to DCI Andy Redwood at:

SCD1
Homicide and Serious Crime Command
Room 3.30
1st Floor
Belgravia Police Station
202-206 Buckingham Palace Road
LONDON
SW1W 9SX

Please be specific about what your evidence is, give sources if you can, suggest possible new lines of enquiry if possible, and always make any lettters polite, courteous and to the point.

From The Madeleine Foundation Committee
Monday 25 July 2011
9pm
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard WILL examine parents' possible guilt re Madeleine - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Scotland Yard WILL examine parents' possible guilt re Madeleine - OFFICIAL

Post by Willo 25.07.11 23:45

A few years maybe even months ago this would have been amazing news and pleased a lot of people and I do admit that it is a positive thing to happen and a step in the right direction to get to the truth.

But my trust of the British Police force is so very low. My trust of the whole British legal system is very low.

How do we really know what is being investigated and how far the investigation will go? It is obvious even to the most cynical of observers that some big names will be flushed out by a thorough investigation. How transparent will it all be? I can bet not much will be made public, so how will we know the job has been done properly?

It looked like the British Police were helping the Portugese many years ago but really evidence was withheld or lost, access denied to McCanns personal affairs, statements not passed on, lies and disinformation spread and it seemed to me the Brits were determined to bury this case. What is different now?

How about asking Dr.Amaral to work along side the Brits? It would do a lot to repair the relationship between the two countries and ensure a proper investigation does take place. I think Dr.Amaral is one person involved who would not 'leave a stone unturned'.
Willo
Willo

Activity : 157

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard WILL examine parents' possible guilt re Madeleine - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Scotland Yard WILL examine parents' possible guilt re Madeleine - OFFICIAL

Post by jd 26.07.11 1:02

The letter from the police is good news, though I would tread with absolute caution as I too do not trust the British police or any enquiries that they undertake. To me they seem to be going through the motions to an already final conclusion of burying this case one and for all. From your earlier posts, I read how difficult it was to find out even just the name of who was conducting the Scotland Yard review, and it was only through your great persistence and determination that you eventually found this information. This is hardly the hallmarks of an investigation intent of finding the truth when you have to drag and force out basic information on who & how to send evidence/information to

When the police say 'please by all means', this to me is saying 'if you want to'. I would expect the police to say something more positive like 'please send us all the evidence' ie we want to see it

I hope I am proven wrong when I say, I think because the police know who you are and will publish their correspondence on the internet that they have decided that this would be an excellent PR exercise in trying to show they are doing what we need them to. A lot of people will read the reply and think great, they are going to look into everything and when they finally publish their already final conclusion, it is on public record that they accepted all materials of evidence etc. I know how their minds work

Until they do something to prove me otherwise I will always think this. Look at all previous enquiries on other matters and all the cover ups in the current phone hacking scandal, this is no different for them and for some reason they want the truth of Maddie covered up forever. But we must be positive for Maddie as we are her only voice, her only hope, and we must keep pushing and fighting non stop to get the truth out. You are doing such a tremendous job Tony and we are all solidly behind you, and though I have negative feelings towards the police to do the proper job they are paid for, I have total positive feelings that you and others will get to the truth

I came across an article in the mccanfiles which was published in the daily mail in 2007, though 2 days later the article on the Daily Mail was rewritten. The article was reporting the Spanish paper El Mundo had evidence from a British lawyer representing one of the Tapas 7 who wanted to speak out the truth which I quote "My client feels obliged to keep silent about what he can do to help the investigation, and not because of the Portuguese secrecy laws. This is very revealing about the strange circumstances surrounding this case. It's not that he is scared of the McCanns, but the economic and political lobby surrounding the couple is truly frightening to anybody. What my client wants is to reveal the whole truth, but he does not mean to accuse or blame anyone, as that is the job of the police. The only thing he wants is to help the police discover the truth about what happened before, during and after that dinner on May 3.".........If this is true then obviously one of the T7 really needs to speak out, and efforts should be made by the police investigation team to get the truth out of this person. Starting with contacting EL Mundo and finding out who the lawyer is

I agree that the Portuguese police should be involved in this review/investigation and Dr Aramal, not only to mend broken relationships between our countries but Scotland Yard cannot be trusted to properly investigate this by themselves. The Portuguese police should have absolute access to ALL materials and everything in this review
jd
jd

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 26.07.11 3:51

Write to DCI Andy Redwood at:

SCD1
Room 3.30
1st Floor
Belgravia Police Station
LONDON
SW1W 9SX

Maybe tweeter user could tweet Pat Brown suggesting she send her analysis to the review team.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by The Slave 26.07.11 9:34

Today I cannot access the McCannfiles. And Pat Brown has been Carter-Rucked. Her book has been removed from Amazon. I'm just appalled.
The Slave
The Slave

Activity : 129

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.07.11 10:12

Mccannfiles is still there thumbsup
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 26.07.11 10:49

This is very good news
thumbsup
ROSA
ROSA

Activity : 2108

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 26.07.11 11:32

i also cant keep going on macs files slowed to stop turned off 5 mins went back same again,seems a bit odd as soon as news of pats carter rucked book came up ,then it slowed to stop almost joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard WILL examine parents' possible guilt re Madeleine - OFFICIAL Empty The threat to free speech

Post by Guest 26.07.11 12:27

The McCann Files site seems to be fine so perhaps there was just a temporary problem but I am concerned for the future of all such sites, including this one. I know it's been said before but what on earth is it about the McCanns that entitles them to such special treatment?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmNotMerylStreep 26.07.11 12:44

Marian wrote:I know it's been said before but what on earth is it about the McCanns that entitles them to such special treatment?

Exactly Marian. There are sites that discuss the death of Princess Di and there are sites that discuss Tony Blair and paedophilia. There are sites with pictures of Gordon Brown wearing nappies. None of these sites have been Carter Rucked despite the fact the complainants would have a lot of money to actually pay them and have the internet cleansed of defamatory material. Maybe the difference is they don't bother whereas the McCanns do.

The McC's seem to be going after individuals rather than sites at the moment, but I'm sure that will happen. Goncalo needs to get his arse in gear and get them into court.
IAmNotMerylStreep
IAmNotMerylStreep

Activity : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 26.07.11 13:08

Tony Bennett wrote:Full Madeleine Foundation letter to Scotland Yard, 11 July 2011: http://bit.ly/nAJYow

Madeleine Foundation's 2nd letter to Scotland Yard, 21 July 2011: http://bit.ly/pbm3jN

Today's reply from Scotland Yard, sent on 19 July 2011 from Detective Chief Inspector Redwood: http://tinyurl.com/3f7pbj9

DCI Redwood says:

"The investigative review will encompass ALL INVESTIGATIONS THAT HAVE BEEN CONDUCTED..."

and "Please BY ALL MEANS forward 'evidence' which you believe will assist this process..."

and

"Any material submitted will be subject to assessment and review".

In the light of those comments I would suggest that ANYONE who considers they have evidence of any kind, even circumstantial evidence, that Madeleine McCann was NOT abducted, then they should write to DCI Andy Redwood at:

SCD1
Room 3.30
1st Floor
Belgravia Police Station
LONDON
SW1W 9SX

Please be specific about what your evidence is, give sources if you can, suggest possible new lines of enquiry if possible, and always make any lettters polite, courteous and to the point.

From The Madeleine Foundation Committee
Monday 25 July 2011
9pm
Madeleine Foundation
bravo

And he adds: "In reality, when the McCanns went to Oprah's Show, the blanket was mentioned. At a given moment, when Oprah tells Kate that she heard her mention a blanket several times, Kate argued that a mother who misses a child always wants to know if she is comfortable, if she is warm, and added, referring to Maddie, that sometimes she asked herself if the person who had taken her would cover her up with her little blanket (but the blanket was on the bed after Maddie, supposedly, disappeared!!!).
ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard WILL examine parents' possible guilt re Madeleine - OFFICIAL Empty Help Redwood

Post by Tony Bennett 26.07.11 13:47

Willo wrote:A few years maybe even months ago this would have been amazing news and pleased a lot of people and I do admit that it is a positive thing to happen and a step in the right direction to get to the truth.
But my trust of the British Police force is so very low...How do we really know what is being investigated and how far the investigation will go?...It looked like the British Police were helping the Portugese many years ago but really evidence was withheld or lost, access denied to McCanns personal affairs, statements not passed on, lies and disinformation spread and it seemed to me the Brits were determined to bury this case. What is different now? [REST SNIPPED]
I acknowledge your reservations.

But let us just concentrate on a few positives from this:

1. The Review is at least free of the corrupt Leicestershire Police involvement, whuch included 'Call me Stu's close relationship with the McCanns and the rest of 'Tapas 9', keeping the vital Gaspar statement from Goncalo Amaral until he was safely out of the way, and aiding and abetting a criminal suspect to (a) raise money and (b) contact witnesses through their prominently linking the McCanns' 'Find Madeleine' website to their own.

2. The recent exposure of large-scale wrongdoing at the Met might encourage us to believe that the new Met team under Redwood and foy etc. might be at leats mor ehonest, if not scrupuloulsy honest.

3. Police officers, in a criminal investigation or review of a case where a crime has been committed, MUST follow procedures, policies, guidelines etc. if evidence comes in, they must write in a policy folder how they have reacted to that evidence. Suppose I write in, Recorded Delivery, with evidence that Brain Kennedy interfered with and intimidated witnesses in the case. Redwood and co will have to decide what to do with that evidence. If they fail without reasonable grounds to investigate that evidence, they could on day face an IPCC misconduct investigation and be disciplined.

4. Redwood has made it crystal clear (as legally he had to) that his Review Team will be prepared to pursue any reasonable and relevant evidence.

Let us resolve to help him in that task.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.07.11 14:15

Hear, hear Scotland Yard WILL examine parents' possible guilt re Madeleine - OFFICIAL 351181

My contribution will soon be on their desk. Scotland Yard WILL examine parents' possible guilt re Madeleine - OFFICIAL 847771

I have also dangled a big fat carrot in front of them over another matter. I have said if they are interested in hearing any more from me, to let me know !!! Let's see if they get in touch. Scotland Yard WILL examine parents' possible guilt re Madeleine - OFFICIAL 302873
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.07.11 14:21

Tony Bennett wrote:
Willo wrote:A few years maybe even months ago this would have been amazing news and pleased a lot of people and I do admit that it is a positive thing to happen and a step in the right direction to get to the truth.
But my trust of the British Police force is so very low...How do we really know what is being investigated and how far the investigation will go?...It looked like the British Police were helping the Portugese many years ago but really evidence was withheld or lost, access denied to McCanns personal affairs, statements not passed on, lies and disinformation spread and it seemed to me the Brits were determined to bury this case. What is different now? [REST SNIPPED]
I acknowledge your reservations.

But let us just concentrate on a few positives from this:

1. The Review is at least free of the corrupt Leicestershire Police involvement, whuch included 'Call me Stu's close relationship with the McCanns and the rest of 'Tapas 9', keeping the vital Gaspar statement from Goncalo Amaral until he was safely out of the way, and aiding and abetting a criminal suspect to (a) raise money and (b) contact witnesses through their prominently linking the McCanns' 'Find Madeleine' website to their own.

2. The recent exposure of large-scale wrongdoing at the Met might encourage us to believe that the new Met team under Redwood and foy etc. might be at leats mor ehonest, if not scrupuloulsy honest.

3. Police officers, in a criminal investigation or review of a case where a crime has been committed, MUST follow procedures, policies, guidelines etc. if evidence comes in, they must write in a policy folder how they have reacted to that evidence. Suppose I write in, Recorded Delivery, with evidence that Brain Kennedy interfered with and intimidated witnesses in the case. Redwood and co will have to decide what to do with that evidence. If they fail without reasonable grounds to investigate that evidence, they could on day face an IPCC misconduct investigation and be disciplined.

4. Redwood has made it crystal clear (as legally he had to) that his Review Team will be prepared to pursue any reasonable and relevant evidence.

Let us resolve to help him in that task.

Well said Tony clapping thumbsup - SY will be under scrutiny from now on, they must do a thorough job!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard WILL examine parents' possible guilt re Madeleine - OFFICIAL Empty Hero for Madeleine

Post by ROSA 26.07.11 21:59

Tony Bennett
ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 02.08.11 0:01

Are they going to start soon? pray2
ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 02.08.11 8:14

If you all recall I wrote to my local MP over 2 weeks ago (on the Monday morning just after Sir Paul Stevenson resigned) after receiving a letter regarding my concerns of the Murdoch's having total control of Sky and getting a letter back in 3 days.

No letter back in reply as yet!

Does say something doesn't it?

I have no faith whatsoever in this "review" not unless they publish the FULL findings and how they got there. That isn't promised is it?
Gillyspot
Gillyspot

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Zelina 02.08.11 9:01

I'm very confused about this whole process. I don't even understand the scope of this and the possible consequences.

Say for instance that they question the parents and tapas friends regarding the timeline inconsistencies and one of them cracks and reveals they have previously told lies. What can happen after that? Can anyone be charged with anything? Is there a crime like obstruction of justice in Portugal? Would they have to re-open the Portuguese enquiry for any action to follow?

Daniel 11:27, "…and they shall speak lies at one table; but it shall not prosper:"
Zelina
Zelina

Activity : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 03.08.11 2:29

if the review is lazy then the mccanns are free to find maddie forever
ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 03.08.11 7:17

ROSA wrote:if the review is lazy then the mccanns are free to find maddie forever

That is what I fear. The Met Police up to now have hardly covered themselves with glory up to now and John Yates and Sir Paul Stephenson were still in post when the review was announced. I still think that the McCanns wanted this review to shut people like us up and that they already know the outcome of it (they will be innocent) as it will be almost certainly another coverup.

Couple of quotes..

A spokesman for David Cameron "The Prime Minister has been clear that he wants to do everything he can to support the family."

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "We can confirm that the Metropolitan Police Service has agreed, at the request of the Home Secretary, to bring its particular expertise to the Madeleine McCann case.

I sincerely hope I am wrong.

These from sky http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/15991391

Gillyspot
Gillyspot

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard WILL examine parents' possible guilt re Madeleine - OFFICIAL Empty When the SY Review might become an SY investigation

Post by Tony Bennett 03.08.11 8:07

Zelina wrote:I'm very confused about this whole process. I don't even understand the scope of this and the possible consequences. Say for instance that they question the parents and Tapas friends regarding the timeline inconsistencies and one of them cracks and reveals they have previously told lies. What can happen after that? Can anyone be charged with anything? Is there a crime like obstruction of justice in Portugal? Would they have to re-open the Portuguese enquiry for any action to follow?
Good questions.

First of all, this is a REVIEW, similar to what is called a 'cold case review'. Essentially this means a group of officers trawling through thousands of documents and looking for possible new leads and lines of enquiry.

If there is evidence of a crime having been committed by one or more individuals, then the status of the review would change from REVIEW to INVESTIGATION - and, yes, that could lead to ARRESTS.

It is my understanding that as Madeleine McCann is British and all the Tapas group are British and as some of the alleged offences occurred in Britain that IF they have collectively covered up the death of Madeleine in Praia da Luz they could be charged under British law with a whole raft of offences:

* causing or allowing the death of a child (McCanns)

* hiding a body and preventing an inquest (McCanns)

* interfering with or prverting the course of justice - or conspiracy to interfere with or pervert the course of justice (McCanns, Tapas friends, and anyone else involved in the cover-up)

* conspiracy to obtain a pecuniary advantage by deception (all those involved in setting up and running the Fund)

* interference with witnesses (Brian Kennedy).

I think Cameron, Sir Paul Stephenson, and the McCann Team hoped that the Review would merely be an excuse to lambast the Portuguese Police once again for their incompetence, and announce that the Portuguese Police had lamentably failed to follow up potential 'sightings' of Madeleine, therefore giving the McCanns' narrative the official backing of Scotland Yard.

Those of us who believe the evidence strongly suggests that Madeleine McCann died in Apartment G5A have, I believe, a solem duty to explain this to DCI Andy Redwood and his colleagues.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Zelina 03.08.11 13:21

Thanks for the clarification Tony.

I'm feeling a wee bit more optimistic about this, it may not be a whitewash after all.

Daniel 11:27, "…and they shall speak lies at one table; but it shall not prosper:"
Zelina
Zelina

Activity : 55

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard WILL examine parents' possible guilt re Madeleine - OFFICIAL Empty John O'Connor

Post by dragonfly 05.08.11 1:32

Does anyone one else know of John OConnor ? Ive seen his name crop up several times in this case with his views as a former top cop
to quote him
'It's beyond any doubt someone took her from the apartment, she didn't wander out on her own, She was taken from the apartment

I thought Police had to keep an open mind, Why is he so sure and adamant?
Scotland Yard WILL examine parents' possible guilt re Madeleine - OFFICIAL Watch?v=DXXnb2Cx_5c&feature=related

Mr O'Connor gave an interview, on May 17, to The Resident, an English newspaper that introduced him as “a former Scotland Yard commander who is working with the Portuguese authorities investigating Madeleine’s disappearance”. Mr. John O’Connor praised the quality of Portuguese detectives, but stated that “looking in remote places is ineffective.” “Despite this, O’Connor spoke of the high quality detective work in Portugal and believes that they will solve this case. He spoke of the competency and professionalism of the Portuguese police, dismissing any accusations they have faced.”

Later, in the Sky News interview, he told more or less the same: Portuguese cops are nice guys, but they are looking in the wrong places...

Continue reading at NowPublic.com: The former British cops that helped to destroy the reputation of Portuguese Police | NowPublic News Coverage http://www.nowpublic.com/crime/former-british-cops-helped-destroy-reputation-portuguese-police#ixzz1U6oBWb6I

An Interesting article on him
http://mccannexposure.wordpress.com/2011/06/10/new-clowns-same-old-circus-by-truth-for-madeleine/

John O'Connor, former Commander of the Flying Squad at New Scotland Yard, said: "They will be looking for something that has been overlooked or not developed which could lead to a fresh line of enquiry.
"A sighting, a tip-off, something that didn't ring bells at the time but could be vital.

Missing ... Madeleine McCann
"It is not inconceivable that something major could have been missed in an investigation of this size and complexity.

"I firmly believe that if there is something to be found this Scotland Yard review will uncover it."
well considering he was sticking to one theory only what was he expecting?

dragonfly
dragonfly

Activity : 367

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 05.08.11 1:42

dragonfly wrote
John O'Connor, former Commander of the Flying Squad at New Scotland Yard, said: "They will be looking for something that has been overlooked or not developed which could lead to a fresh line of enquiry.
"A sighting, a tip-off, something that didn't ring bells at the time but could be vital.
Please look hard SY clapping
ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfly 05.08.11 1:57

ROSA wrote:dragonfly wrote
Please look hard SY clapping

His full of contradictions though , If you watch the video he is telling the nation 'without a doubt Madde was taken from apartment ,

dragonfly
dragonfly

Activity : 367

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top