The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Bernt Stellander interview - Page 10 Mm11

Bernt Stellander interview - Page 10 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Bernt Stellander interview - Page 10 Mm11

Bernt Stellander interview - Page 10 Regist10

Bernt Stellander interview

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bernt Stellander interview - Page 10 Empty Re: Bernt Stellander interview

Post by AnneCGuedes 24.08.24 18:52

Jill Havern wrote:Have you read Bernt's book?

Yes.
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

Activity : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 24.08.24 18:56

Did you listen to his podcast with James English?

A wise man once said: "Be careful who you let on your ship,
because some people will sink the whole ship just because they can't be The Captain."
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] MAGA MBGA
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
The Captain (& Chief Faffer) Oh yeah, and Forum Owner

Activity : 43537

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes 24.08.24 19:57

Yes
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 24.08.24 20:00

Could you understand him?

because some people will sink the whole ship just because they can't be The Captain."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes 24.08.24 21:12

James English ? It took me a while to get used to his Glasgowian accent.
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 24.08.24 21:17

No.

Were you able to understand Bernt? (It's him we're talking about on this thread)

If you were able to understand him for 3 hours, and you've read his book, what is your problem with him?

Would you like to write a review of his book for us on this thread?
https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t17580-brick-reviews

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes 24.08.24 23:28

If I were writing a review, I probably wouldn't say everything I think, because freedom of expression doesn't exist on forums in general and I've been banned from at least 3 just for telling what I thought ! But I wouldn't say anything I don't think.

BS certainly says what he thinks, I've sometimes wondered if he meant what he said and thought through the implications of what he said. Not because he resorts to sophistry, he wants to say at the same time everything he has gathered here and there, very often what he says is jumbled up and hampers what he wants to say.

The difficulty, sometimes, is not to grasp what he's saying, but to work out what he's aiming at. I never wondered what he was referring to when I listened to him in the interview because I know this case very well, but anyone who only knows what the media have said about it might be lost and I'm not sure that the interview encourages people to read his book.

Here's an example:

"I remembered Kate's turning point to dream, the alleged dream, that she called to Paiva the liaison (officer) when Gerry was in Washington DC about Maddie being hidden on a hillside overlooking a beach in PdL and I thought "eh, what is this ? Are you trying to have the police find her" and then Gerry's response when he came back uh he was in court in Lisbon then he was alone on camera (I was there, K was not in the camera's field of vision but very close by, she could hear but said nothing) and he said "it's not true that Kate had a dream that M was buried somewhere" (G was right, RP didn't talk about a child being buried, but lying on a cliff), he used that word, and then I thought "wow he's uh kind of confirming that Hillside might be very interesting" and uh I went up that Hillside and I had this revelation about their jogging.. I thought this is brilliant if they hid her there in the future they could always go back and nobody would suspect anything why they were there."

KMC (in ‘Madeleine’) reports that she called Ricardo Paiva for help translating letters on 23 July 2007. BS, who does not mention the reason (according to K) for the call, omits to say that K feels Ricardo is ‘distant’ and wonders whether he is not influenced by the conclusions of Danie Krügel (who came at the insistence of MC, supposed to be rational as doctors). BS doesn't mention RP's slightly different version of the same scene in the Lisbon Court of justice : K tells him, crying, about a dream in which ‘Madeleine is on a cliff, we must go and find her’. RP's version is all the more reliable given that K, in her diary, reports that, that very morning, as she was running up the cliff, she had been surrounded by a dozen dogs and had prayed ‘Oh God, don't let Madeleine be buried here’.

It didn't escape RP's notice that, if K had only wanted to share her dream, she could phone her family or friends or even her husband. He ‘heard’ that K admitted the possibility of M's death. This was in line with her request to send for Krügel, whose hair machine had just detected a static signal.

BS didn't see it that way and went on to describe GMC's reaction during the trial against GA et al, in January 2010, as if the two scenes were consecutive in time, even though they were separated by two and a half years! 

You might think that these are just details, but I agree with Ludwig Mies van der Rohe's ‘God is in the details’: it's by paying attention to the small intricacies and focusing on the minutiae, that we have a chance of understanding.
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 25.08.24 6:51

I have a strange and some may say illogical feeling that discussion of Bernt Stellander's BOOK 
should be restricted to people who have actually READ it.

And perhaps that people who want to comment on the INTERVIEW should perhaps have listened to it.
They might also wish to take into account that he was not well, though that is his problem not theirs.

It is my personal view that Stellender improved on Mies van de Rohe's statement, which itself was an attempt to improve on the previous "The Devil is in the detail" – just as it is easy to improve on his architecture by inserting at least one aesthetic curve into his bleak modernist right-angled designs – when he said

"the Truth is in the details ".    p.918 Kindle edition.  p.602 BRICK Edition

POSTSCRIPTUM:
I have a copy of Maddie - Fabrication d'un Mythe, by Anne A. Corrêa-Guedes, but would not DREAM of commenting on it or reviewing it, 
It has been written in French, for reasons which are not immediately obvious, there is no English translation available (SFAIK), and although I speak français de la rue au quotidien my limited vocabulary and lack of a reasonable command of the structure of tenses – particularly the conditional and subjunctive moods which will, I am confident, be important
in the text discussion of what might or could have happened were something else to be true, makes it dangerous even to open it.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16848

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 25.08.24 10:48

AnneCGuedes wrote:If I were writing a review, I probably wouldn't say everything I think, because freedom of expression doesn't exist on forums in general and I've been banned from at least 3 just for telling what I thought ! But I wouldn't say anything I don't think.
You seem to wear 'I've been banned from at least 3' as a badge of honour!  big grin

BS certainly says what he thinks, I've sometimes wondered if he meant what he said and thought through the implications of what he said. Not because he resorts to sophistry, he wants to say at the same time everything he has gathered here and there, very often what he says is jumbled up and hampers what he wants to say.

The difficulty, sometimes, is not to grasp what he's saying, but to work out what he's aiming at. I never wondered what he was referring to when I listened to him in the interview because I know this case very well, but anyone who only knows what the media have said about it might be lost and I'm not sure that the interview encourages people to read his book.

So you haven't read Bernt's book then?  confused

If you have, and would like to post a review, then please do so on the thread I gave you where it will remain on view to our many guests all around the world unedited and uncensored.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 25.08.24 10:53

If I'd been banned from at least 3 forums, I would start to look at myself instead of blaming them.
crusader
crusader

Activity : 6693

Cake Lover likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes 25.08.24 19:46

crusader wrote:If I'd been banned from at least 3 forums, I would start to look at myself instead of blaming them.

Just to feed your sanctimonious comment, the last one was "Miscarriage of Justice" where I published my reports about MC v Ga et al (there was no transcript because recording is not allowed in a court of law in PT). Some posters insinuated that I made it up and one, a certain KMC, declared I was the first on the list that Carter-Ruck will accuse of defamation, without John reacting, except "if you're not happy, leave", which I did, as several of us.
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 25.08.24 20:02

So you weren't banned then, you left of your own accord.
My comment wasn't meant to be sanctimonious, I govern myself by personal responsibility and that is what I personally would do if I was banned from more than one forum.
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 25.08.24 20:06

We've got quite a lot of threads on this forum about your translations, Anne   

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/search?search_keywords=guedes

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladyinred 25.08.24 20:14

AnneCGuedes wrote:
crusader wrote:If I'd been banned from at least 3 forums, I would start to look at myself instead of blaming them.

Just to feed your sanctimonious comment, the last one was "Miscarriage of Justice" where I published my reports about MC v Ga et al (there was no transcript because recording is not allowed in a court of law in PT). Some posters insinuated that I made it up and one, a certain KMC, declared I was the first on the list that Carter-Ruck will accuse of defamation, without John reacting, except "if you're not happy, leave", which I did, as several of us.

I think you were brave to join that board - it's very pro-abduction, and dismissive of any alternative reasons for M's disappearance.
Ladyinred
Ladyinred

Activity : 1801

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes 25.08.24 20:27

crusader wrote:So you weren't banned then, you left of your own accord.
My comment wasn't meant to be sanctimonious, I govern myself by personal responsibility and that is what I personally would do if I was banned from more than one forum.

Come on, Crusader, what a fallacy ! "if you're not happy (as I protested against an unacceptable situation where John reacted like a coward likely for fear of the MCs), then leave the forum", "submit or get out" is what, if not banishment ? There was no room for discussion : you will respect the boss, he is always right. And when you're right against him, that's not a good enough reason to make him wrong.

However, and paradoxically, John didn't erase my allegedly "invented" reports and furthermore, when another trial occurred, he tried to get me back to his forum !
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes 25.08.24 20:32

Ladyinred wrote:
AnneCGuedes wrote:

I think you were brave to join that board - it's very pro-abduction, and dismissive of any alternative reasons for M's disappearance.

I joined precisely for that reason. It's always useful to question one's own convictions.
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebagthepirate 25.08.24 20:35

Nah... sometimes it's a badge of honour.

I've been banned by the BBC, suspended by YouTube only recently.

Countless others over the years.

Some forums don't like free speech.
Bluebagthepirate
Bluebagthepirate

Activity : 755

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 25.08.24 20:49

I don't see it that Anne was banned, she stood by her principal and left, good for her I would have done the same.
My badge of honour is personal responsibility and I  wear it with pride, if forum owners that she's been a member of banned her, they had their reasons that's their loss.
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel 25.08.24 21:40

I can vouch for the unfairness in that forum . AnneCGuedes did excellent work translating the files .
I left because of the two women Mods . They picked on  and or ridiculed in an unpleasant manner anyone who  disagreed with them and not in a nice way .
Angel
Angel

Activity : 26

AnneCGuedes likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes 25.08.24 21:54

Jill Havern wrote:We've got quite a lot of threads on this forum about your translations, Anne   

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/search?search_keywords=guedes

I did translate quite a few judgments that Pamalam published. Someone else could have done that, even better because English isn't my mother tongue. But the tough work (and if I hadn't done it, nobody would know what happened in the court of law) was the trial reports. Here I explained how it worked and why it can't be 100% accurate.
https://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/introduction.htm

Someone suggested that I write a book in which I would record everything I had seen and thought, but didn't say in the reports. I usually sat just behind the MCs who had an interpreter to their left. They had no special places, they sat on the same benches as the public and journalists. Once, at a break, I sat in the middle of the front row, exactly where they always sat, just to see how they would react. G made an annoyed gesture but went towards this bench which was long enough for them to also sit. But K pushed him imperiously to go and sit on the bench behind, which was empty. I once found myself alone in a lift with G. He said, as he was looking for the right button to press, ‘this word I know, sair (exit)’. I said ‘there's lawyer and there's lawyer’, he looked at me suspiciously and I didn't say what I was thinking ‘find yourself another lawyer’. I smiled and said I was thinking out loud about trials in general.
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Flossy 26.08.24 10:48

I would love to read Brent’s book but struggle to read on screens/kindle. I am UK based and the only copy I can find is the kindle version. Does anyone know where I could buy the printed version? Thank you
Flossy
Flossy

Activity : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 26.08.24 10:51

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 26.08.24 12:21

Flossy wrote:I would love to read Brent’s book but struggle to read on screens/kindle. I am UK based and the only copy I can find is the kindle version. Does anyone know where I could buy the printed version? Thank you
Bernt just sent me this for you:

Three options on foreigndetective.com
Softcover in English and Portuguese

We got both Softcover and ebook.
Foreigndetective.com
Some additional info that may help.
https://www.wook.pt/livro/the-sudden-impulse-bernt-stellander/29980369
Ensure you have entered UK (reino unido) if you are in the UK obviously
When it asks for NIE (Fiscal number) Put your first name.
Email: apoioaocliente@wook.pt

If you have issues send email direct først to the one above.
If that doesn't work send to Modocromia.editora@gmail.com

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Nina, Flossy and crusader like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 26.08.24 12:29

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Flossy 26.08.24 16:33

Jill Havern wrote:
Flossy wrote:I would love to read Brent’s book but struggle to read on screens/kindle. I am UK based and the only copy I can find is the kindle version. Does anyone know where I could buy the printed version? Thank you
Bernt just sent me this for you:

Three options on foreigndetective.com
Softcover in English and Portuguese

We got both Softcover and ebook.
Foreigndetective.com
Some additional info that may help.
https://www.wook.pt/livro/the-sudden-impulse-bernt-stellander/29980369
Ensure you have entered UK (reino unido) if you are in the UK obviously
When it asks for NIE (Fiscal number) Put your first name.
Email: apoioaocliente@wook.pt

If you have issues send email direct først to the one above.
If that doesn't work send to Modocromia.editora@gmail.com
Thank you so much, this is useful
Flossy
Flossy

Activity : 54

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top