The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Bernt Stellander interview - Page 9 Mm11

Bernt Stellander interview - Page 9 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Bernt Stellander interview - Page 9 Mm11

Bernt Stellander interview - Page 9 Regist10

Bernt Stellander interview

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bernt Stellander interview - Page 9 Empty Re: Bernt Stellander interview

Post by Justice for Maddie 23.08.24 17:28

OMG Jill ! We can't wait for the update. Thank You
Justice for Maddie
Justice for Maddie

Activity : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Cake Lover 23.08.24 17:40

I'm pleased that Bernt has you and Petermac - well , the forum really - in his corner.  It's lovely that he knows he can trust you.
Cake Lover
Cake Lover

Activity : 2677

Nina likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 23.08.24 17:42

PeterMac wrote:I am told that Bernt S is planning another follow-up interview in the Autumn and that he has some new material to talk about.  
The stats on the last one are encouraging.    3 weeks in and almost a million views

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

To quote PeterMac ^^^

I trust Bernt, and I believe we have to do things at his pace.
Let's not forget that he spent 7 years alone on the Hill, with his field cameras and drones, to even bring us this book. 

His investigation doesn't stop just because the book has been released. NO! The Brick is just the start of the next phase that we can all be a part of.

I say let's join him on the next part of his journey.

A wise man once said: "Be careful who you let on your ship,
because some people will sink the whole ship just because they can't be The Captain."
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] MAGA MBGA
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
The Captain (& Chief Faffer) Oh yeah, and Forum Owner

Activity : 43539

Nina, Ladyinred, crusader, Bluebagthepirate, Cake Lover and pinkgladioli like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes 23.08.24 17:47

Jill Havern wrote:

I will also say that Bernt is not in this for the money - he's sent out many free copies of his book and even replaced the one I chopped up so I could read it without painkillers.

Do you know whether he sent his book to the PJFiles volunteer translators, without whom he would not have been able to carry out any research? At least not to me!
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

Activity : 272

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 23.08.24 19:58

AnneCGuedes wrote:
Jill Havern wrote:

I will also say that Bernt is not in this for the money - he's sent out many free copies of his book and even replaced the one I chopped up so I could read it without painkillers.

Do you know whether he sent his book to the PJFiles volunteer translators, without whom he would not have been able to carry out any research? At least not to me!
I'm not sure I understand your question - why would he need to go through a volunteer translators site (pamalam) to conduct a private investigation?

because some people will sink the whole ship just because they can't be The Captain."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern

sharonl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 24.08.24 5:30

Oh, I see what you mean.

I meant he sent free copies out to people like the McCanns, Tapas7, the Nuggets, Pat Brown, Natasha Donn, Sonia Poulton, PJ, GA, Grange, Wolters, Fulscher, Clarence Mitchell, some journalists including Jon Clarke, Martin Brunt etc...

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Nina likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddingtom 24.08.24 6:56

I agree with everyone. It would be great to have a solution but Bernt has devoted so much time to this, it would be awful if something went wrong because he didnt time things properly.  I think we need to trust his instinct and will him to take the right action at the right time.
Paddingtom
Paddingtom

Activity : 223

Nina, Cake Lover and pinkgladioli like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 24.08.24 7:23

Cake Lover wrote:I'm pleased that Bernt has you and Petermac - well , the forum really - in his corner.  It's lovely that he knows he can trust you.
He also knows that we are fierce and deadly critics of any theory which is not backed up with evidence or with a very logical progression from existing evidence
which complies with the strictures of Occam's Razor

One of the features of this forum is the number of times a reply is  "Do you have a reference for that ?"   or  "There is no evidence for that."
which is where we started on 4/5/7.  No evidence of Abduction
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16851

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Jill Havern, sharonl, Nina, sparkyhorrox, crusader, Bluebagthepirate, Cake Lover and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 24.08.24 9:34

And thus are internet myths started
Bernt wrote the book IN ENGLISH - his second language, and had it translated into Portuguese so it would be easily accessible to – amongst others – the PJ !
There is no Norwegian version.
The postage alone for the free copies he has sent to people to review and to get his hypothesis better known is over €1500, which also represents about another €1850 in printing costs and delivery to him.
My own bill is somewhat less, but not inconsiderable.  It was judged necessary for Operation Brick to move forward 

Did anyone receive a free copy of Jon Clarke's book ?   Even to review ?   Or Summers and Swann's ?     Or Kate McCann's ?
Or did they all know that no one who knew anything about the case would be remotely impressed ?

He acknowledges both Nigel Moore and Pamalam in the introduction and is in contact with her.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Jill Havern, Nina, sparkyhorrox, Cammerigal, Ladyinred, crusader, Bluebagthepirate and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 24.08.24 10:27

And for the record - HE paid for the professional translators for the book, which with start up costs for the whole project amount to some tens of thousands,
now add professional quality TrailCams, memory chips, batteries and 7 years of petrol, accommodation and loss of income . . .
and we realise that he is unlikely ever to break even, particularly if he keeps sending out free copies !!!
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Jill Havern, Nina, sparkyhorrox, crusader and pinkgladioli like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladyinred 24.08.24 10:40

Jill Havern wrote:Oh, I see what you mean.

I meant he sent free copies out to people like the McCanns, Tapas7, the Nuggets, Pat Brown, Natasha Donn, Sonia Poulton, PJ, GA, Grange, Wolters, Fulscher, Clarence Mitchell, some journalists including Jon Clarke, Martin Brunt etc...

So why aren't Brunt, Clarke et al commenting on the book thinking
Ladyinred
Ladyinred

Activity : 1801

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 24.08.24 10:49

I dunno, let me find out  onphone

Me: Hey Martin, why aren't you commenting on the Brick?
MB: Sod off.

Me: Hey Superman, why aren't you commenting on the Brick?
JC: F*** off, CB did it.

Charming.

i don\'t know

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Silentscope likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 24.08.24 11:24

If the nuggets are innocent and they got a book in the mail accusing them of conspiring with the McCann's to commit a serious crime, wouldn't they be taking action against Stellander and getting the police involved?
The silence is deafening.
crusader
crusader

Activity : 6697

Silentscope and Bluebagthepirate like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladyinred 24.08.24 12:36

Has Bernt accused the Nuggets of a crime? He may have written about his observations of them, which is not the same thing.

No-one involved will comment, they don't want to draw attention to the book. Privately, they will be busy, IMO.
Ladyinred
Ladyinred

Nina likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 24.08.24 12:44

Not a crime they committed, but conspiring with the McCann's to avoid them being caught.
If they were on the Rocher Negra surreptitiously rummaging about, then they are involved in my opinion.
Unless of course, Stellander has completely got it wrong and they were looking for the dog's lost ball.
crusader
crusader

Activity : 6697

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebagthepirate 24.08.24 12:46

The Nuggets are sometime members of the congregation of the church in PDL.

I'm sure some of those members know who they are from the nick-name and are asking questions behind the scenes.

I did consider joining their Facebook group to ask some questions about if they were aware what was being said about one of the congregation?
Bluebagthepirate
Bluebagthepirate

Activity : 762

Silentscope and Cake Lover like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes 24.08.24 14:44

PeterMac wrote:
And thus are internet myths started
Bernt wrote the book IN ENGLISH - his second language, and had it translated into Portuguese so it would be easily accessible to – amongst others – the PJ !
There is no Norwegian version.
The postage alone for the free copies he has sent to people to review and to get his hypothesis better known is over €1500, which also represents about another €1850 in printing costs and delivery to him.
My own bill is somewhat less, but not inconsiderable.  It was judged necessary for Operation Brick to move forward 

Did anyone receive a free copy of Jon Clarke's book ?   Even to review ?   Or Summers and Swann's ?     Or Kate McCann's ?
Or did they all know that no one who knew anything about the case would be remotely impressed ?

He acknowledges both Nigel Moore and Pamalam in the introduction and is in contact with her.

A myth!!!  I must be the only person who understands your post, PeterMac, because you are reacting here to a message I sent and was whooshed. 

The book's editor, Maria Esther de Modocromia, told me (I asked) that the book was written in Norwegian. BS then translated it himself into English and this version was reviewed by an English-speaking Portuguese. A Portuguese man translated it from English into Portuguese. Of course the quality of a translation depends on the quality of the original.

Would Marie Esther have lied? And why?

BS could have thanked the translators, it was an opportunity to show gratitude as translations were done for free. 

Since, as you say, BS is in contact with Pam, PeterMac, I'd be very grateful for confirmation that she's all right, because I haven't had a reply to my many emails for a long time. The fact that there is no mention of BS's book on her site worries me greatly.
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladyinred 24.08.24 15:03

I read your post, and noticed it had disappeared.

Bernt probably drafted the book in his native Norwegian for translation by him when complete.
Ladyinred
Ladyinred

AnneCGuedes likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkgladioli 24.08.24 15:26

Bluebagthepirate wrote:The Nuggets are sometime members of the congregation of the church in PDL.

I'm sure some of those members know who they are from the nick-name and are asking questions behind the scenes.

I did consider joining their Facebook group to ask some questions about if they were aware what was being said about one of the congregation?
We don’t know what congregation the Nugget’s belongs to with the church being used for differing and separate denomination’s 
Some of the Anglican’s seem to be a nice bunch not!

There’s an article from 2006 Guardian that is worth a read, regarding a chaplain of the congregations of Almancil, Luz, and St Luke being bullied out by parishioners 

Clergyman compensated after bullying by Algarve retirees  
(Guardian fri 21 July 2006)

Mr Britt said: My style of ministry was not welcomed by some of the congregation who waged a campaign to get rid of me that included my being subjected to abusive phone calls emails and some parishioners refusing to take communion from me.

One  of Mr Britt’s supporters Paul Luckman told the Guardian: There are lots of people who retire here from powerful backgrounds and find themselves with nothing else to do, They resented being asked to put their hands in their pockets for the stewardship programme
pinkgladioli
pinkgladioli

Activity : 170

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 24.08.24 15:36

Maria may have misunderstood.  In fact MUST have misunderstood.  
Bernt wrote the brick in ENGLISH and arranged with the publishers, to have it professionally translated into Portuguese, for which he paid. (a  LOT)
As he has observed, every reference he uses is in English, so that was the logical choice
All his notes over the seven years were also in English
But what possible difference does it make to Madeleine’s death on Wednesday 2nd May 2007 ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Cammerigal, Silentscope and pinkgladioli like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes 24.08.24 16:26

PeterMac wrote:Maria may have misunderstood.  In fact MUST have misunderstood.  
Bernt wrote the brick in ENGLISH and arranged with the publishers, to have it professionally translated into Portuguese, for which he paid. (a  LOT)
As he has observed, every reference he uses is in English, so that was the logical choice
All his notes over the seven years were also in English
But what possible difference does it make to Madeleine’s death on Wednesday 2nd May 2007 ?

What about Pamalam ?
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes 24.08.24 16:36

I asked Maria Esther, in Portuguese of course, if the book had been written in English. She hesitated a little, then said it had been written in Norwegian but translated by the author and revised by an English-speaking Portuguese. I explained that I just wanted to know in which language the book was closer to the original version, as I read in both languages.
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 24.08.24 17:11

Ladyinred wrote:I read your post, and noticed it had disappeared.

Bernt probably drafted the book in his native Norwegian for translation by him when complete.
Bernt told me he wrote the book (and all his notes over the course of his investigation) in English.

Why would he write an 850 page manuscript in Norwegian and then write those same 850 pages all over again in English? Makes no sense.

By the way, Bernt speaks perfect English when he's doing podcasts etc.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

sharonl and crusader like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes 24.08.24 18:48

A few (rare) authors (not people who write books) have written in their mother tongue and also in adopted languages, such as Fernando Pessoa or Vladimir Nabokov.  A translator normally translates from a foreign language into their mother tongue. 

Some of the PJFiles translators, whose mother tongue was English, did not know Portuguese, but were Spanish speakers. Nevertheless, this led to a few errors that I always pointed out to Pamalam when I discovered them.

The robot translators who translate into English have a mediocre style and sometimes make misunderstandings, but on the whole they are acceptable.
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 24.08.24 18:50

Have you read Bernt's book?

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top