The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Chapter 52:  August was also a quiet month (?) Mm11

Chapter 52:  August was also a quiet month (?) Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Chapter 52:  August was also a quiet month (?) Mm11

Chapter 52:  August was also a quiet month (?) Regist10

Chapter 52: August was also a quiet month (?)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chapter 52:  August was also a quiet month (?) Empty Chapter 52: August was also a quiet month (?)

Post by Jill Havern 30.09.22 12:16

CHAPTER 52

August was also a quiet month (?)

For those who keep their eye on the “newsnow.co.uk” site it certainly seemed that August was ‘All quiet on the Madeleine front’ the only entries being the ludicrous stories about Rebecca Vardy’s having (allegedly) received threats and denigratory comments on her social media, including the insane one that she was in some way linked to the case of Madeleine McCann, and even (allegedly) accusing her of having been the one who ’snatched’ her.
REF. 1
This nonsense was duly churned by the red top Tabloids with their trademark lack of attention to detail.

When the previous Chapter, 51, “Some Random Unrelated Thoughts”  was referenced on the usual facebook pages, Jon Clarke of the Olive Press, who had been mentioned more than once, retorted in characteristic ad hominem (abusive) fashion . .    I quote:
"Jon Clarke
What a sad man - more lies and long, boring oft-repeated conjecture.
Sitting longer in a dark room than normal, but I suppose it must be hot there in Nerja - or is Maclewd [sic] hiding from someone or something?
His hatred for the media must have some basis in something - not that anyone on this dwindling forum will care to probe.”
REF 2
There were of course no details of what was supposed to be untrue, any more than details were ever provided of how, where, when, or to whom I was supposed to have revealed details of his house and his family, an alleged act for which he threatened me with legal proceedings – to be started by midnight nine months ago –  and involved two firms of solicitors in the ‘conversation.   As a matter of record neither has had the decency or professional courtesy even to confirm receipt of my email reply.  But then neither has Clarke nor his wife who was copied by Clarke into all the exchanges.  (Vide Chapter 50, “A Quiet Month for Madeleine Watchers?”
REF 3
I felt constrained to answer the specific point about the ridiculous and totally untrue allegation that I hold a “hatred for the media”, which I copy here so that readers will know where I stand.

“The day after this Chapter was published and ‘churned’ to various Facebook sites, Clarke responded in characteristic belligerent fashion, denouncing it as lies, and finishing with
“His hatred for the media must have a basis in something…”
which is as we might expect completely untrue. 

I do not hate the ‘media’
I am second to none in my admiration for good, and particularly for diligent investigative journalism.
We remember 
* Bernstein and Woodward, who brought down a President “the single greatest reporting effort of all time”, 
  • Heather Brooke who spend over five years delving into MPs’ expenses, to reveal when it was finally published (by the Telegraph) that it was a scandal which led to several being imprisoned, others losing their seats, and to a wholesale review of internal systems within the heart of Parliament

• Sue Reid whose focus on the Tavistock Clinic has led to its being closed this very week

• Nick Davies on the phone hacking scandal

• Andrew Norfolk on grooming and trafficking in Northern towns

• Claire Newall on the corruption at the heart of FIFA

• and many more

What do they have in common ?
They all refused to accept the “Official Story”.  
Each one was determined to challenge or at least to check what they had been told, what the ‘experts” and the politicians and the Police and the Spokesmen were telling them.

Read more:

https://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.com/2022/09/chapter-52-august-was-also-quiet-month.html

CHAPTER 52
APPENDIX A

UPDATED FROM Chapter 46 –  Jon Clarke Through the Looking Glass
https://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.com/2022/09/52-appendix-updated-from-chapter-46-jon.html

CHAPTER 52
REFERENCES 

https://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.com/2022/09/chapter-52-references-1-2-httpswww.html

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41602

Cammerigal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Chapter 52:  August was also a quiet month (?) Empty Re: Chapter 52: August was also a quiet month (?)

Post by PeterMac 02.10.22 9:17

For those who don't want to plough through the whole thing, Appendix A may summarise it
APPENDIX A

UPDATED FROM Chapter 46 –  Jon Clarke Through the Looking Glass

There are five separate details of his initial involvement which Clarke changes ad libitum.
  • Time of the initial phone call
  • Time of his arrival in PdL
  • Number of journalists present on his arrival
  • Entry to Apartment 5A
  • Speaking to the McCanns

There are now at least Sixteen sources of ‘information’.    Many are written by Clarke or were clearly under his editorial control.  All are different.
  • Article Olive Press 2008. 
  • Article Olive Press 2017  
  • Article Olive Press 2019. 
  • Interview with Sandra Felguerias within the Netflix transcript. 2019
  • Netflix publicity 2019 
  • Netflix Documentary - transcript 2019.
  • Article CLOSER Magazine 2020.  
  • Article BELLA Magazine 2021.   
  • My Search For Madeleine” - Book by Jon Clarke 2021. 
  • Article ABC - JJ Madueño, but clearly written or dictated by Clarke Oct 2021 
  • Article ABC - JJ Madueño, amended version Oct 2021
  • Muckrack entry - JJ Madueño Oct 2021
  • Interview for Ex-pat Radio Channel  Sept 2021
  • Interview for Sat.1, German  31 Jan 2022
  • Article CLOSER Magazine online – May 2022.  
  • ‘i’ newspaper - May 2022

• Time of the initial phone call

0630   – Book (estimated from ‘left before 7, after ablutions and cup of tea and saying goodbye . . .’
0715.  – Olive Press 2017
0700-0730. – Olive Press 2019
0700-0730.  – Sandra Felguiras Interview
0700-0730. – Netflix Transcript
approx 2000 Thursday 3/5/7. – calculated from time of arrival in article in ABC
approx 2000 Thursday 3/5/7. – calculated from time of arrival in Muckrack entry

• Time of his arrival in PdL

Noon (1200). “been there since noon;  …. some 15 hours after Madeleine disappeared” – Olive Press 2008
1145 (or 1045)  [NB: 1145 may be Spanish time, 1045 Portuguese time] – Olive Press 2017.  
0945-1015.  – Book
0130.  – Article in ABC (1st version as printed)
“That same night” = 3/5/7.  – Article in ABC (2nd version as printed)
0930   (This is arrival “at the scene”.  0130 is given as arrival in PdL)   Article in ABC (both versions).
0130  – Muckrack entry
‘just hours after” –  Closer online 2022
12 hours after Madeleine’s disappearance  – The ‘i’ paper

Available Independent Evidence:   
Video film exists, was shown across the world, and is preserved on YouTube showing that Clarke was in PdL by 0945, and was already and by then familiar with the scene and with some GNR officers, with whom he is observed shaking hands as he leaves the group of journalists outside the stairwell serving apartment 5H.

• Number of journalists present on his arrival

Not stated.   – Olive Press 2008
Only reporter – ‘till late that evening, – apart from Kate/Kay Burley …’   – Olive Press 2017
First journalist        – Olive Press 2019
First UK Print Journalist.   – Netflix Publicity
One of the first Journalists.  – Closer magazine 2020
First British Journalist.  – Book
‘First British Journalist under contract to a British Newspaper’ ( paraphrase) – Expat radio interview
First journalist – Closer online 2022
One of the first Journalists.  – The ‘i’ paper 2022

Video film exists, was shown across the world, and is preserved on YouTube showing Clarke in PdL at 0945, speaking to and sharing notes with the group of five other journalists outside the stairwell serving apartment 5H.

Video also exists and is preserved on YouTube of British Journalist Len Port, an ex-pat who lives just along the coast in Portugal, walking round within the Ocean Club complex, by the pool towards the Tapas bar.
Port reports having arrived at 0830.  The length and the orientation of the shadows of the palm trees round the pool confirm this time.

• Did Clarke Enter Apartment 5A ?

NO MENTION. – Olive Press 2008
YES – “I was firstly able to walk into the apartment.”  – Olive Press 2017
NO –  “It wouldn’t have been difficult to walk in… It wasn’t Fort Knox “ – Olive Press 2019
NO –  “It [the tape or the prohibition] went up and I looked in.”  – Netflix transcript
YES – “up the short flight of stairs to the apartment. I walked in the front [sic] door.”   –  Book
YES – “I crossed, knocked on the door and the parents came out.”  – ABC - both versions
NO –  “went straight up to the apartment “  [? 5H  ?] –   Expat radio interview
NO –  “That evening I saw the parents up close for the first time…”.  SAT.1 interview
NO –  “I could literally walk… Thankfully I had the good sense not to try.”    – The ‘i’ paper

The McCanns moved out of Apartment 5A in the early hours of the morning and the scene was sealed after initial photographs were taken.  They spent the rest of that night with the Paynes in Apartment 5H, variously “keeping vigil” (Kate), or sleeping (Gerry) whilst hundreds of residents and holiday makers supervised by Police searched the entire resort for several hours.
The relevant piece in Kate McCann’s book “madeleine” makes it quite clear that they did not return to 5A that day.

The ExPat radio interview is capable of being interpreted as a visit by Clarke to Apartment 5H, the Payne’s apartment, and speaking to a third party who relayed the message and the answer to and from the McCanns.  On Clarke’s admissions the information gained seems to have been “Madeleine”,  and “Thanks”.

• Did Clarke speak to the McCanns, and if so, when ?

NO MENTION.     – Olive Press 2008
YES - “In the apartment”.     – Olive Press 2017
YES - “as they were leaving.”     – Olive Press 2019
POSSIBLY – “I think I tried to speak to them [sic]”      – Netflix Transcription
YES –  “a few hours after arriving;  later that day”  – Closer Magazine
YES – “at a press conference that night”.  – Bella Magazine
YES – “in the apartment”. – Book
YES – “that same night (Thursday 3/5/7).  – ABC both version
YES –  “I … knocked on the door and the parents came out”.  ABC both versions
NO (or YES via third party) “I asked, yer know, could I speak to the parents . . . they just told me the name . .
And, yer know, I said who I was and from the Mail and I would do my best to help, and they were like
“thanks” and that was that.    So I didn’t, I can’t say I really interviewed them.”    Expat Radio interview
NO – “That evening I saw the parents up close for the first time and realised how traumatised they were and how much they were grieving.”  [from German]  SAT.1 interview
NO MENTION –   The ‘i’ paper

The Senior crime correspondent for Sky News, Martin Brunt was in PdL for 10 days.  During that time he admits he did not manage to speak to the McCanns

Clarke clearly states during the ExPat Radio interview that he did not interview the McCanns.
The implication from the SAT.1 interview is also clear.  

And NO.  It doesn't make any sense.  But confusion is good ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Cammerigal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Chapter 52:  August was also a quiet month (?) Empty Re: Chapter 52: August was also a quiet month (?)

Post by Silentscope 02.10.22 12:48

The only thing about Clarke that makes any sense is that everything he writes or prints leads back to him being the Focal point.

He cracks the Case.
He finds the Scissors.
He finds the Bullet riddled Car.

What he believes must be shared, and believed by others.

It is more about HIM than anything else.
Silentscope
Silentscope

Activity : 2522

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 02.10.22 14:31

What he believes must be shared, and believed by others.

Sounds familiar.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 03.10.22 7:45

But who is paying him to do it ?
He "researched" his book over 14 months, driving thousands of kilometres to and fro across Europe, seeking out people to talk to, spending months away from his wife and children and his rental properties, focussing on setting up a man who was already in custody and already being 'set up' by the BKA and under investigation by the German Prosecutors and the PJ. ?

EVEN IF the book had produced incontrovertible proof, the BKA and Wolters would have claimed they had the information already.  It was never going anywhere.

All this in the hope that his book might be a bestseller and make him millions ?
But the book leaves it all open, apart from concluding that Clarke believes it must be Brückner, who did whatever it was.   Which is still unspecified either by Clarke or the BKA, or indeed by any of the protagonists.
Which makes the hype difficult to justify.
And the suspicion grows that he is a pawn in a greater game and is amply funded for doing what he has been doing for the past 14 years
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

sharonl, Cammerigal, Silentscope and CaKeLoveR like this post

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top