The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Request Copy of PeterMac's Updated Ebook Please? Mm11

Request Copy of PeterMac's Updated Ebook Please? Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Request Copy of PeterMac's Updated Ebook Please? Mm11

Request Copy of PeterMac's Updated Ebook Please? Regist10

Request Copy of PeterMac's Updated Ebook Please?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

solved Request Copy of PeterMac's Updated Ebook Please?

Post by EnglishBull 13.04.20 13:14

Hi everyone, I recently lost a lot of my books on my Tablet and I am looking a copy of Peter Macs ebook. The link on the main website it down and I hope someone could possibly upload it somewhere for me to download. Hope you're all keeping well.

Thanks in advance.
EnglishBull
EnglishBull

Posts : 29
Activity : 91
Likes received : 38
Join date : 2017-02-19

Back to top Go down

solved Re: Request Copy of PeterMac's Updated Ebook Please?

Post by Verdi 13.04.20 13:32

EnglishBull wrote:Hi everyone, I recently lost a lot of my books on my Tablet and I am looking a copy of Peter Macs ebook. The link on the main website it down and I hope someone could possibly upload it somewhere for me to download. Hope you're all keeping well.

Thanks in advance.

Hello again EnglishBull - great to see you're still around high5 !

Here you go, right here on CMOMM..

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t16005-petermac-s-free-e-book-what-really-happened-to-madeleine-mccann

Or here..

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.com/2016/08/petermacs-new-madeleine-mccann-e-book.html

Enjoy!

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Posts : 27383
Activity : 34481
Likes received : 5906
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

solved Re: Request Copy of PeterMac's Updated Ebook Please?

Post by Guest 08.03.22 19:58

Is this really the only place to get it ? I find this sort of thing impossible to read wrapped inside a forum. Being called an e-book, isn't it available as a .pdf or even a .txt file. I want to read this sort of think on a Kindle
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

solved Re: Request Copy of PeterMac's Updated Ebook Please?

Post by Jill Havern 08.03.22 20:46

No, it's only available on the blog 
http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

...or here on this forum.

____________________
PeterMac's FREE e-book
Gonçalo Amaral: The truth of the lie
NEW CMOMM & MMRG Blog
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Posts : 24759
Activity : 37349
Likes received : 7632
Join date : 2009-11-25
Location : parallel universe

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

solved Re: Request Copy of PeterMac's Updated Ebook Please?

Post by PeterMac 08.03.22 21:18

I'd love to be able to issue it as a .pdf, but one of the 'problems' is that I include evidence. The Facts.
And much of the time that is photos, or the original text of articles, and links.

I realise this gets up the noses of those who want to believe without evidence, but I happen to think it is important.

But that pushes up the size of the files.
So far the folder in which I keep all the pdf copies is over 66mB. Some of the individual chapters are over 5mB
so even sending them by email is tricky, and when I've sent them for publication on the blog' we've sometimes had to do text, then photos, and then references and appendices as separate emails, and Jill has spent a long time putting it all back together again.

There may be a way of doing it, but I don't yet know what it is.
Any ideas gratefully received.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 13123
Activity : 16111
Likes received : 2058
Join date : 2010-12-06

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

solved Re: Request Copy of PeterMac's Updated Ebook Please?

Post by CaKeLoveR 08.03.22 21:32

I didn't understand any of that, but your ebook  is brilliant.
CaKeLoveR
CaKeLoveR

Posts : 1134
Activity : 1158
Likes received : 24
Join date : 2022-02-19

sandancer likes this post

Back to top Go down

solved Re: Request Copy of PeterMac's Updated Ebook Please?

Post by PeterMac 09.03.22 6:38

CaKeLoveR wrote:I didn't understand any of that, but your ebook is brilliant.


I'm not sure that is justified, but I am reassured that you think it not entirely without merit.

I have tried to adopt the professional maxim "Assume NothingBelieve Nobody, Challenge Everything" 
and the lesson I learned a very long time ago, long before even joining the police, probably during the early days
of logical thinking and then science at school, that everything you write or say should be evidenced and referenced.

Science and the Law, both the academic and the practical aspects, demand reference to authorities.
There is no room for mere "belief" or "faith".

As a QC said to a witness in a case I was in "The fact that you say it does not make it so."

That can make the finished article rather large, and in two of the chapters we did not include the Appendices, since they 
were rather like a PhD Thesis – five times the length of the article itself, – and only of academic interest to anyone who wanted seriously to 
dissect the logic and the conclusions of the essay.

There is more to come.   And will be until the case is "solved", and the crime, whatever that turns out to be, is marked as Detected
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 13123
Activity : 16111
Likes received : 2058
Join date : 2010-12-06

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

sparkyhorrox, crusader and CaKeLoveR like this post

Back to top Go down

solved Re: Request Copy of PeterMac's Updated Ebook Please?

Post by Vera Krista 09.03.22 11:05

PeterMac wrote:I'd love to be able to issue it as a .pdf, but one of the 'problems' is that I include evidence. The Facts.
And much of the time that is photos, or the original text of articles, and links.

I realise this gets up the noses of those who want to believe without evidence, but I happen to think it is important.

But that pushes up the size of the files.
So far the folder in which I keep all the pdf copies is over 66mB. Some of the individual chapters are over 5mB
so even sending them by email is tricky, and when I've sent them for publication on the blog' we've sometimes had to do text, then photos, and then references and appendices as separate emails, and Jill has spent a long time putting it all back together again.

There may be a way of doing it, but I don't yet know what it is.
Any ideas gratefully received.

you can convert them to epub or mobi (epub is for apple books, mobi is for kindle books) if you search convert pdf to epub, you might be able to do it.

____________________
“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.”

― Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
Vera Krista
Vera Krista

Posts : 427
Activity : 498
Likes received : 71
Join date : 2021-03-07

Back to top Go down

solved Re: Request Copy of PeterMac's Updated Ebook Please?

Post by PeterMac 09.03.22 11:07

But then do I have to publish it somehow as an e-book, and do I have to make the whole thing into one enormous pdf first ?
and can I add Chapters as we go along,  and crucially can I  edit when things become out of date or are proved to be mistaken ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 13123
Activity : 16111
Likes received : 2058
Join date : 2010-12-06

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

solved Re: Request Copy of PeterMac's Updated Ebook Please?

Post by Verdi 09.03.22 11:18

chickenman wrote:Is this really the only place to get it ? I find this sort of thing impossible to read wrapped inside a forum. Being called an e-book, isn't it available as a .pdf or even a .txt file. I want to read this sort of think on a Kindle

A heck of a lot of work has gone into the production of PeterMac's e-book, I think we should all be extremely grateful for that work and having a former senior police officer on board to go that extra mile + in the name of justice.

The e-book has been read by millions so clearly there is no general problem with the formatting nor where/how it's been published.

I recommend that you put your preferences aside and persevere - it's well worth the time and effort!

Enjoy!

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Posts : 27383
Activity : 34481
Likes received : 5906
Join date : 2015-02-02

crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

solved Re: Request Copy of PeterMac's Updated Ebook Please?

Post by Verdi 09.03.22 11:27

NOTE: PeterMac nor Jill 'The Boss' Havern receive any remuneration for the e-book.

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Posts : 27383
Activity : 34481
Likes received : 5906
Join date : 2015-02-02

crusader and CaKeLoveR like this post

Back to top Go down

solved Re: Request Copy of PeterMac's Updated Ebook Please?

Post by Verdi 09.03.22 14:44

chickenman wrote: I find this sort of thing impossible to read wrapped inside a forum.

I've just checked-out the blog to be sure everything is in order - I really can't see your problem. It's not wrapped in any way shape or form, indeed it's well formatted and presented for ease of reading and it's FREE!

In case you missed the blog link, already posted-up in this short thread alone and across the forum, I will repeat in case you missed something..

https://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.com/

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
Verdi
Verdi
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Posts : 27383
Activity : 34481
Likes received : 5906
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum