The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case - Page 6 Mm11

Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case - Page 6 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case - Page 6 Mm11

Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case - Page 6 Regist10

Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case - Page 6 Empty Re: Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case

Post by Cammerigal 29.05.18 13:10

Stonesunturned; YES, do investigate the first 24 hours...from the Sunday not merely the hoax abduction day please. The hoax abuduction was very effective in initially confusing the PJ. This isn’t ‘incompetence’ and note that all of the key players spoke English, but were interviewed via translators, which produced an additional smoke screen layer
Also yes there are many coincidences; Gerry McCann DID play golf previously in PDL. His golf club members have many & historic linkages with PDL holiday homes, so he is probably familiar with the location. His fore knowledge of Robert Murat ( and his role) is both dark and unexplained. Interestingly Gerry the keen golfer never played golf that fateful week, only tennis!
PS. Be aware many shills have previously walked the similar journey path you now tread and have had ‘a go’ at reshaping opinion but all eventually crashed & burnt, The last being Sergei malinka with his crowdfunded book of the truth
Cammerigal
Cammerigal

Activity : 268

Back to top Go down

Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case - Page 6 Empty Re: Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case

Post by Verdi 29.05.18 13:13

There is something of the déjà vu going on here, it's history repeating itself in every word I read.

Not the first person to try and make a name for him/herself on the back of little Madeleine McCann, past and present.  Professor Horan clalims many personal attributes including teaching.  Well, he's sure got down with the kids - his prosaic skills are equal to that of a teenager texting a mate.

Professor Tom Horan is an imposter trying very hard to disrupt this forum and it's true purpose.  Right?

spam

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41927

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 29.05.18 13:20

I don't see how he can be an imposter Verdi - he registered with the email address that's available on the internet for the Professor. And he would need to have access to that email address to activate his membership.

A wise man once said: "Be careful who you let on your ship,
because some people will sink the whole ship just because they can't be The Captain."
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] MAGA MBGA
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
The Captain (& Chief Faffer) Oh yeah, and Forum Owner

Activity : 43540

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.05.18 13:30

Jill Havern wrote:I don't see how he can be an imposter Verdi - he registered with the email address that's available on the internet for the Professor. And he would need to have access to that email address to activate his membership.
He's not an imposter.

He's on Amazon and Facebook and he does do podcasts.

He's been asked to do one by team McCann in my opinion (he won't say if he's had contact with them) to make the Portuguese look incompetent and diss the dogs.

Summers and Swan II.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 29.05.18 13:37

An imposter in so far as his presence on this forum is not honourable.  Bad choice of word perhaps :dunce: .

To put it bluntly - he's taking the wee-wee.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 29.05.18 13:48

Verdi wrote:An imposter in so far as his presence on this forum is not honourable.  Bad choice of word perhaps :dunce: .

To put it bluntly - he's taking the wee-wee.
His first post was a p-take. it doesn't take an intellectual genius to spot nonsense.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13560

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 29.05.18 13:58

You've gotta admit it's brightened up a quiet, dull and thunderstormy Bank Holiday.

because some people will sink the whole ship just because they can't be The Captain."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 29.05.18 14:33

It's interesting to note that Prof Horan's interest in Madeleine arose at the same time as the Jim Duffy debate raged on the Scotsman. His views appear consistent with a contributor in that debate called Stephen Motson.
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Activity : 1115

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 29.05.18 14:34

Jill Havern wrote:You've gotta admit it's brightened up a quiet, dull and thunderstormy Bank Holiday.
Well I didn't plan on waking up to a flea infestation.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13560

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer 29.05.18 15:06

He may be a Professor , lecturer , researcher etc but his hostile responses ( " I'm going to ignore whatever you post , unless it agrees with me !) , indicates he's not used to having his views and opinions questioned . 

Clearly No , you've got that wrong is not part of his vocabulary .

Activity : 2412

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladyinred 29.05.18 15:38

Tom Horan is joining a lengthening list of academics, if that is what he is, who are using their status to provide the parents with credibility and to dismiss anything that shows them as dodgy.

I recall Sharon Leal (100% innocent) at Portsmouth, John Synnott at Huddersfield, and Graham Hill who had links with Gamble.

I was initially interested in TH's viewpoint as he is a newcomer, and I find it refreshing to read a poster who has something new to contribute or provide a different perspective.  Disappointing.

Poor Madeleine.
Ladyinred
Ladyinred

Activity : 1802

Back to top Go down

Post by polyenne 29.05.18 15:55

"I find it refreshing to read a poster who has something new to contribute or provide a different perspective"

It seems I'm in the minority in giving that newcomer a chance and the benefit of the doubt. He arrived here just one week ago and asked a series of questions. Some have been here for 10 years or more. Sandancer notes his "hostile responses" but is happy to gloss over some of the comments Mr Horan has himself received on this forum.

I sincerely hope that he doesn't turn out to the imposter that some think he is, but surely anyone who just might bring something new & refreshing to the table in the search for justice for Madeleine should be given a chance.
polyenne

Activity : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 29.05.18 16:06

Jill Havern wrote:Phoebe, I think you're getting Martin Grime mixed up with Smithman!
Oops. you're right GEG. That should of course read Martin GRIME.!
Phoebe

Activity : 3046

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 29.05.18 16:28

polyenne wrote:"I find it refreshing to read a poster who has something new to contribute or provide a different perspective"

It seems I'm in the minority in giving that newcomer a chance and the benefit of the doubt. He arrived here just one week ago and asked a series of questions. Some have been here for 10 years or more. Sandancer notes his "hostile responses" but is happy to gloss over some of the comments Mr Horan has himself received on this forum.

I sincerely hope that he doesn't turn out to the imposter that some think he is, but surely anyone who just might bring something new & refreshing to the table in the search for justice for Madeleine should be given a chance.
Why do you think he hasn't been banned?

Have you read Blue Bag's post which sums up Prof Horan's contribution to date?

Thinks the PJ are incompetent
He dismisses the dogs
Thinks Martin Grime is corrupt

And something or other to do with the morgue being the reason bodily fluids were accidentally? found in hire car. i don\'t know

We're on page 6 of this thread now and we're still none the wiser as to what he's really trying to achieve for his podcast other than to apparently make quite shocking excuses for Madeleine's life being tragically cut short on that fateful holiday.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 29.05.18 16:40

As sure as eggz is eggz is eggz, he'll be back checking-in later - with a whole lot more of the same.

rolleyes

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 29.05.18 16:48

I find it fascinating how some academics turn into wotnots when dealing with the McCanns, some of whom have been listed by ladyinred upthread.

Not to mention the other wotnots - police, MP's, journalists etc.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladyinred 29.05.18 16:53

polyenne wrote:"I find it refreshing to read a poster who has something new to contribute or provide a different perspective"

I was prepared to listen.  I was interested in the 24-hour period, the topic of the podcast, and what investigators focus on during this time period, why TH considers it so crucial, not only in relation to Madeleine's disappearance, but in other investigations.
Ladyinred
Ladyinred

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 29.05.18 17:06

To put your mind at ease, I strongly advise you to refer back to page one on this thread, through to Professor Horan's post [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on page two, to see how the thread has developed - or not as the case may be. Professor Horan's comments throughout [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] are really beyond the pale, borderline disgusting in parts, certainly not the kind of thing I like to read when relating to a three year old little girl - I'm no prude but I think a Professor should know better, should set a better example.

His short posting history on the forum also reveals a basic misunderstanding of the case, contradictions as to his intentions and above all else an insolent attitude towards members when all they have done is supply the information he requested and/or answered his questions. He repeatedly claims to be only interested in the first 24 hours and then takes every opportunity to taunt members with unfounded controversial commentary that says a lot but in effect doesn't say anything.

Professor Tom Horan has received more than his deserved courtesy from CMoMM. He is pushing patience to the limit by his endless tomfoolery.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.05.18 17:07

Ladyinred wrote:

I was prepared to listen.  I was interested in the 24-hour period, the topic of the podcast, and what investigators focus on during this time period, why TH considers it so crucial, not only in relation to Madeleine's disappearance, but in other investigations.
The first 24 hours are important.

For comparing first statements to later statements.

However it seems Prof Horan was not interested in that.

It seemed to me to be looking for reasons to criticise the Portuguese Police (and obviously dismissing dog "razzle dazzle").

And he wouldn't say if he'd been in contact with team McCann.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladyinred 29.05.18 17:07

Jill Havern wrote:I find it fascinating how some academics turn into wotnots when dealing with the McCanns, some of whom have been listed by ladyinred upthread.

Not to mention the other wotnots - police, MP's, journalists etc.
That's a very polite name for them, Jill!

Regarding Tom 's reluctance to answer BlueBag's question, I did wonder whether the parents or their representatives are going to fund the podcast.
Ladyinred
Ladyinred

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer 29.05.18 17:38

I gave him links that he requested regarding the layout of the apartment , and was perfectly willing to listen and read his comments , however he started to loose me when he referred to a child " bleeding like a stuck pig " and Martin Grime " parlayed " a role with the FBI . If you read back the warning he received from the mods referred to his hostile responses . Being informed that he's going to ignore posts that don't fit his narrow remit so don't bother posting left me cold . 
Manners maketh the man , maybe I'm old fashioned that way I think the comments have been fair , and I never "gloss over " anything ! 

This forum is about Madeleine , not about egos . Peace.

Activity : 2412

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladyinred 29.05.18 20:39

I found an old thread, "First Hours after Madeleine disappeared" by HideHo which Tom Horan might find useful.  Just a page long.  I can't provide a link, but easy to find using the search button.
Ladyinred
Ladyinred

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 29.05.18 20:47

It's probably this thread, very hard to read!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by alan 29.05.18 22:03

@ stonesunturned Could you link us to the podcast where you were discussing McCanns with your listeners, the one where they requested you carry out an "investigation". I think we would all like to hear it for various reasons.
alan

Activity : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 29.05.18 22:22

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Customer Reviews
Crackpot

by ChristopherSpiritWolf

Not only is this guy a crackpot, the podcast is obnoxious, with a ton of silly sound clips inbedded throughout. It was painful to listen to it. It felt sleazy and cheap.

wow

Don't think I'll subscribe - even through curiosity.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Customer Ratings
We have not received enough ratings to display an average for this podcast.

Bit of free advertising for you there Professor thumbsup

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top