The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Find Madeleine Fund

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Find Madeleine Fund

Post by PeterMac on Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:27 pm

Back the original question  - "is the "Fund" fraudulent, or might it be"

The legislation in question if the Fraud Act 2006, which you can read at

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/35/introduction
[tricky to copy and paste because of the formatting, so I'll screen grab]
S. 2 is the relevant one here

Note subsection 2,  "A representation if false if –
(b) .  the person making if knows that it is, OR MIGHT BE, untrue or misleading.

We know, know, that the McCanns are on record, right from the start, conceding that Madeleine was probably dead, and have repeated that at odd moments ever since.  
They must therefore have known, known, that the claim that she was alive and well MIGHT HAVE BEEN untrue, or at least misleading.
So far as I am aware, they never publicly said words to the effect " Although some people may think she must by now be dead, and we accept that our actions in publicising her eye defect, and details of suspects may well have hastened that outcome,  we nevertheless ask you to give up your savings and Pension and pocket money on the off-chance that she might still be alive . . "

I submit that the "Fund" falls squarely into the mischief aimed at by Section 2(b)

PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:50 pm

People donated to this fund because they believed, as told by the McCanns, that Madeleine was abducted and that the fund would be used for the search for her.

Was Madeleine really abducted?
Is the fund really for the search for her?

Or,

Were they accepting donations from the public under false pretences?

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:02 pm

Knowing is one thing - proving is another. Surely?

Look back over the 'funds' history. It all started as a 'place' for goodhearted folk to pay-in donations to assist the search. A limited company, not a charity, so transparency is not a requisite stipulation, although professed and expected under the circumstances.

Then it was declared a fight fund. Either way it could be said that public donations were made by choice with full knowledge of the fund's purpose.

I've said before and I'll say again, it's all hidden in the small print, as a limited company there will always be a get out clause - hence the reason they opted for a limited company rather than a charity. The reason offered for not opting for charity status was vapid in the extreme.

The name McCann is protected by a firewall of accomplished lawyers, I can't believe for a moment they would be stupid enough to lay themselves open to an investigation by the fraud squad.

There will be a get out clause.

Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:05 pm

Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:10 pm

I can't believe that the McCanns have claimed back their expenses, £94 last year plus £288 which was owing to them, this year. 

Everyone else is expected to donate but they cant even waive their petty expenses for their own daughter.

Did they ever repay the money that they used for their mortgage and various other things?  And what about their personal legal expenses?

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:38 pm

SharonL:

‘Did they ever repay the money that they used for their mortgage and various other things?’

Million dollar question, which of course we cannot ascertain from the little that shows in the accounts.

I’m sure we all know the answer, but of course there is no actual evidence either way in the published accounts.

And never forget:

‘An experienced Fund Administrator has been appointed to ensure the highest standards of transparency and accountability.’

http://www.findmadeleine.com/about_us/madeleines-fund.html

‘Highest standards of transparency and accountability.’

Really?
Doug D

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum