The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Controversy as McCanns “use Find Madeleine Fund” to pursue former PJ cop through courts Mm11

Controversy as McCanns “use Find Madeleine Fund” to pursue former PJ cop through courts Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Controversy as McCanns “use Find Madeleine Fund” to pursue former PJ cop through courts Mm11

Controversy as McCanns “use Find Madeleine Fund” to pursue former PJ cop through courts Regist10

Controversy as McCanns “use Find Madeleine Fund” to pursue former PJ cop through courts

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Controversy as McCanns “use Find Madeleine Fund” to pursue former PJ cop through courts Empty Controversy as McCanns “use Find Madeleine Fund” to pursue former PJ cop through courts

Post by Jill Havern 31.05.16 3:05

Controversy as McCanns “use Find Madeleine Fund” to pursue former PJ cop through courts Nd110
Controversy as McCanns “use Find Madeleine Fund” to pursue former PJ cop through courts Nd210

Controversy as McCanns “use Find Madeleine Fund” to pursue former PJ cop through courts - See more at: http://portugalresident.com/controversy-as-mccanns-%E2%80%9Cuse-find-madeleine-fund%E2%80%9D-to-pursue-former-pj-cop-through-courts#sthash.iYPj1oUO.dpuf

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41580

Back to top Go down

Controversy as McCanns “use Find Madeleine Fund” to pursue former PJ cop through courts Empty Re: Controversy as McCanns “use Find Madeleine Fund” to pursue former PJ cop through courts

Post by MayMuse 31.05.16 3:20

It's a very observant and interesting article by Natasha Donn isn't it  smilie I posted it an hour ago on another thread, not sure what to make of the Stephen Birch thing? 

The sun are reporting it too and they have a highlighted link regarding Amarals second book? 

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/7184145/Kate-and-Gerry-McCann-in-new-courtroom-battle-with-former-detective-who-claims-they-covered-up-Maddies-death.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-TheSunNewspaper-_-20160530-_-News-_-479490233-_-Imageandlink

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Controversy as McCanns “use Find Madeleine Fund” to pursue former PJ cop through courts Empty Re: Controversy as McCanns “use Find Madeleine Fund” to pursue former PJ cop through courts

Post by MayMuse 31.05.16 3:28

So the appeal is on "points of law" but Duarte is not revealing them? 
Wonder what "points" could be considered?

Finding it rather strange that MSM seems to have had a turn a round how they are wording the articles and allowing comments???

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 31.05.16 3:33

Still going on about "hampering" search  and wiping out the "fund"???.. Unbelievable!!!

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 31.05.16 3:46

A tweet circulating that  Jerry Lawton has been dismissed? 
As he left the building he said "this didn't happen to Martin Brunt did it???? 

https://mobile.twitter.com/nikki_plummer/status/737472837603184640

What IS going on?

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 31.05.16 3:48

How I wish the UK had journalists of Natasha Donn's calibre - you only see her post the facts, she never resorts to the derogatory name-calling like they do in our msm.

Natasha Donn and Sandra Felgueiras  thumbsup

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 31.05.16 3:50

Absolutely, both of them are a credit to their "craft", love Sandra she takes no BS high5  what do you make of the Jerry Lawton story?

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 31.05.16 3:55

MayMuse wrote:Absolutely, both of them are a credit to their "craft", love Sandra she takes no BS high5  what do you make of the Jerry Lawton story?
Is it true or just a twitter myth?

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 31.05.16 3:59

Get'emGonçalo wrote:
MayMuse wrote:Absolutely, both of them are a credit to their "craft", love Sandra she takes no BS high5  what do you make of the Jerry Lawton story?
I have no idea, I was just about to log off when I noticed the Twitter feed at the side of the forum so posted the link here. 
If it isn't, who would and why would they  want to "put" that out? 
If it is, then wow some sh*t is gonna hit the fan, if it hasn't already shark

Odd though that it happens now with all the recent flurry in the media?

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 31.05.16 4:26

MayMuse wrote:
Get'emGonçalo wrote:
I have no idea, I was just about to log off when I noticed the Twitter feed at the side of the forum so posted the link here. 

From here http://blacksmithbureau.blogspot.co.uk/?spref=tw

Satire????

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 31.05.16 4:59

MayMuse wrote:
MayMuse wrote:
Get'emGonçalo wrote:

From here http://blacksmithbureau.blogspot.co.uk/?spref=tw

Satire????

Definitely satire. All of the articles are invented to make the point. But confusing when seen out of context!

Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 31.05.16 7:36

Yet again, well done Natasha.

Stephen Birch trying to get money to buy the house.   What's that about?  Would the house be in his name or in the names of any contributors also?

His request for donations last time didn't come to anything even though we were told there would be an audience of 1 billion people across the world.  

I doubt his latest request will come to anything either.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 31.05.16 9:00

So on one hand they could use the fund to continue their 'search', on the other they can use it to stop people publishing theories about what happened. I'ts so obvious their no. 1 concern is stopping Amaral's theory being read. 
  Does anyone know if this latest appeal interfers with him being able to publish, like how it has halted them paying fees etc for the last case?  If so, hopefully he can publish before the appeal starts.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 31.05.16 9:19

Irrespective of the morality of the Mcs using the fund for legal expenses, I suspect that the fund objectives, clearly stated on their 'findmadeleine' site, will act as a get out clause against any complaints. The third objective states: 'To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine's family.' I doubt, when push comes to shove, that public opinion will have any great sway on whether they use the fund or not. 

Don't forget Uncle Brian's words right at the very start of all this (on 17 May in Rothley) - before everything muttered was tightly controlled - that the fund's purpose was 'probably mainly for legal expenditure'. Really odd comment for anyone to make under the circumstances, unless perhaps they were privy to something that most other people weren't.
skyrocket
skyrocket

Activity : 1537

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 31.05.16 9:36

Get'emGonçalo wrote:Controversy as McCanns “use Find Madeleine Fund” to pursue former PJ cop through courts Nd110
Controversy as McCanns “use Find Madeleine Fund” to pursue former PJ cop through courts Nd210

Controversy as McCanns “use Find Madeleine Fund” to pursue former PJ cop through courts - See more at: http://portugalresident.com/controversy-as-mccanns-%E2%80%9Cuse-find-madeleine-fund%E2%80%9D-to-pursue-former-pj-cop-through-courts#sthash.iYPj1oUO.dpuf
The lies and double dealing of the McCanns is gradually being exposed not just in social media but also MSM.

It's a pity that they aren't challenged for defrauding the public during their massive fundraising campaigns back in 2007/8 when they made these sweeping statements about not using the Fund for anything other than searching.

This business about Trustees is also fraudulent too. The Fund isn't a Trust but a company therefore has directors not Trustees. Again the public is still being misled, deceived and defrauded.
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Activity : 1115

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmaryholmes 31.05.16 11:07

I thought Gonçalo Amaral was nothing but a sardine munching buffoon, according to McCann supporters. Very odd therefore to spend all this time, energy and donating funds to silence him. How much longer will they continue this charade?
Cmaryholmes

Activity : 915

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 31.05.16 11:12

Spot on mary! Dr Amaral has more class in his little finger, and is more believable, than the entire McCann clan put together (imo).
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 31.05.16 11:52

Skyrocket:

‘I suspect that the fund objectives, clearly stated on their 'findmadeleine' site, will act as a get out clause against any complaints. The third objective states: 'To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine's family.'

Thank you for pointing that out. I was unaware that this was still showing on their site (bit like Tannerman I suppose).

This was one of the original ‘objects’ clauses, but was removed on 17th December 2011:

Filed at Companies House 20th June 2007

Objects

3          The objects of the foundation are

3 1 1 To secure the safe return to her family of Madeleine McCann who was abducted in Praia da Luz, Portugal on Thursday 3rd May 2007,

3 1 2 To procure that Madeleine's abduction is thoroughly investigated and that her abductors, as well as those who played or play any part in assisting them, are identified and brought to justice

3 1 3 To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine's family; and

3 2 If the above objects are fulfilled then the objects of the Foundation shall be to pursue such purposes in similar cases arising in the United Kingdom, Portugal or elsewhere.

Amendment filed at Companies House 17th December 2011

Objects

2B       The objects of the Foundation are

2B 1 1              To secure the safe return to her family of Madeleine McCann who was abducted in Praia da Luz, Portugal on
                                    Thursday 3rd May 2007; and

2B 1 2              To procure that Madeleine's abduction is thoroughly investigated and that her abductors, as well as those
                                   who played or play any part in assisting them, are identified and brought to justice

2B 2                 If the above objects are fulfilled then the objects of the Foundation shall be to pursue such purposes in similar
                                   cases arising in the United Kingdom, Portugal or elsewhere.

Having said that, it could just as easily be changed back again.
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements 31.05.16 11:57

Cmaryholmes wrote:I thought Gonçalo Amaral was nothing but a sardine munching buffoon, according to McCann supporters. Very odd therefore to spend all this time, energy and donating funds to silence him. How much longer will they continue this charade?
Exactly. And yet they don't sue the mango-munching moron from South Africa who has threatened to tell the twins and their school that their sister is buried under the Murat's driveway.

Birch is definitely someone who needs to be sectioned sanctioned.

Activity : 701

Back to top Go down

Controversy as McCanns “use Find Madeleine Fund” to pursue former PJ cop through courts Empty Re;Controversy over the Find Madeleine Fund?

Post by willowthewisp 31.05.16 12:29

The Foundations objectives are clearly flawed if it can be provern there was no Abduction?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 31.05.16 12:57

And the star of the show is Stephen Birch..

'South African Stephen Birch has resurfaced on social media to launch a crowd-funding appeal to buy the Praia da Luz home where, he claims, Madeleine's remains lie buried under the driveway.'

Well here's my contribution..

Controversy as McCanns “use Find Madeleine Fund” to pursue former PJ cop through courts 220px-British_farthing_1951_reverse

Robert Murat/Casa Liliana

Report:  August 4th and 5th 2007.

Casa Liliana, residence of the suspect Robert Murat, situated on "Ramalhete" road - Praia da Luz - Lagos.

Participants:

PJ: Tavares A., chief inspector, J. Carlos P., Ricardo P, inspectors
UK: Mark Harrison, Martin Grime and Eddie.

On that date, within the context of residential visits, which were carried out at the home of the suspect ROBERT MURAT, an inspection by the dog handling unit was made in the gardens and inside the residence of the accused.

August 4th 2007 - 7.28pm: Start of the inspection of the gardens of the residence. Eddie, human remains recovery dog, covered the whole perimeter outside the dwelling and nothing abnormal was signalled.

August 5th 2007 - 3.22pm: The same dog inspected all rooms of the residence and nothing in particular was signalled.
----------

Good luck with that one Mr. Stephen Birch - enjoy your retirement in you new home.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 31.05.16 13:04

The crux of the matter is here methinks..

Former trustee and one-time GMTV presenter Esther McVey - who only a few months later resigned from the Fund and went on to become a Conservative MP - said the decision was taken despite the fact that “it would be legally permissible to use the money for a legal defence”.

There was a “spirit which underlies the generous donations to Madeleine’s fund”, she explained in 2007, and it was this spirit that trustees had the “responsibility to steer”.
----------

Whatever the Fund accounts specify at any given time, I strongly suspect there remains that hidden proviso that will cover all eventualities.

Excellent work again Natasha Donn!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 31.05.16 14:11

the 'same' EX MP EM who WAS on 'the board' that authorised £4,000, for mortgage re-payments, from the publicly donated to 'search fund', to the McCan'ts!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Czechmeout 31.05.16 14:41

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/kate-gerry-mccann-new-appeal-8088150

Bit of a mixed bag with what way the writers are leaning, some additional info from the other reports today and a lot basically copied from the same -no comments as yet (don't know if the site is accepting comments as I'm not a member).
Czechmeout

Activity : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 31.05.16 15:21

Was there not another fund, named for something else as if set by for something else?  Just an odd memory. joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top