The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Downsizing or not? Mm11

Downsizing or not? Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Downsizing or not? Mm11

Downsizing or not? Regist10

Downsizing or not?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Downsizing or not? Empty Downsizing or not?

Post by wickerman 25.09.16 16:28

Since her disappearance have the McCanns downsized their house? We know from her book that Kate worked part-time as a GP (two days a week from one of her police statements I believe). In it she stated that she hasn't returned to work. Has she ever? Now that the twins are older they clearly would need a lot less supervision than in 2007. How much would 40% of a GP's salary have been in 2007?So by four years later, they  retained their house, and went on a holiday to British Columbia. This at a time of the serious economic downturn. And yet they still appeal for money. Wouldn't it be more appropriate if they made some financial sacrifices themselves before asking others to?

As for their latest financial plight, if she hasn't returned to work, isn't it about time she got up off her lazy backside and did so?
wickerman

Activity : 37

Back to top Go down

Downsizing or not? Empty Re: Downsizing or not?

Post by Liz Eagles 25.09.16 16:59

Kate McCann could hardly go back to work as a GP even in her previous capacity as a locum. The world's media had been alerted and courted.

It's a neat situation of sorts; some might claim it was because Kate McCann was a medical professional employers would be reluctant to reinstate her, others might claim that Kate would be open to 'sinister attacks' by members of the public and then there is the almighty dilemma of how can a GP who admitted to leaving her three children alone in an unlocked apartment possibly hold a professional position where she can alert social services to those she deems are not taking care of their children. There are many more reasons why Kate McCann could not return to work as a GP.

There is also the position of being a GP where unscrupulous patients will talk to the press and complain.

Kate McCann could not return to work as a GP in any capacity.

Some might see it as an excuse for perpetual victimhood options 'I couldn't make love to Gerry' morphing into 'I couldn't return to work' so to speak although the latter has been played down.

Just an observation.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo 25.09.16 19:51

wickerman wrote:Since her disappearance have the McCanns downsized their house? We know from her book that Kate worked part-time as a GP (two days a week from one of her police statements I believe). In it she stated that she hasn't returned to work. Has she ever? Now that the twins are older they clearly would need a lot less supervision than in 2007. How much would 40% of a GP's salary have been in 2007?So by four years later, they  retained their house, and went on a holiday to British Columbia. This at a time of the serious economic downturn. And yet they still appeal for money. Wouldn't it be more appropriate if they made some financial sacrifices themselves before asking others to?

As for their latest financial plight, if she hasn't returned to work, isn't it about time she got up off her lazy backside and did so?

Sorry but where does the 40% amount come into this question?
I do agree with you, though

Activity : 727

Back to top Go down

Post by Volver 25.09.16 20:21

Kate's been too busy "searching" for her missing daughter to undertake any paid work.

The parents might well have to make some financial sacrifices very soon.

40% = two days' work.
Volver

Activity : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo 25.09.16 20:26

Volver wrote:Kate's been too busy "searching" for her missing daughter to undertake any paid work.

40% = two days' work.

OK, thanks, I was hoping that was the explanation and not something like they'd agreed to pay 40% of earnings towards "search"

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 26.09.16 0:46

Volver wrote:Kate's been too busy "searching" for her missing daughter to undertake any paid work.

40% = two days' work.

I have no doubt that her "work" at missing children gives a comfortable remuneration.

Maybe even the "fund" helps pay for the recent addition to the house.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by woodpecker 26.09.16 14:24

Congratulations Aquila on a very good post about Kate McCann’s unemployability as a doctor.

I would add that she has limited employment options due to her notoriety and the changed public view about the McCanns.

What could she do?:

Maybe write a ‘celebrity’ column in a really bad paper/magazine?

Become a self employed childminder – but who would leave their children with her?

Help out on Lorraine Kelly’s Show as a stand-in presenter when Lorraine is on holiday etc.

Write more books !!!

Some form of self employment where you don’t need many clients?

I doubt if she gets paid for being a Missing People Ambassador as another member has suggested. The charity has detailed audited accounts for the year to 31 march 2016 on its website. Reading all the accounting notes it appears only the actual staff are paid and the CEO gets between £70,000-£80,000. An ‘Ambassador’ would not be on staff.

If a large charity can have its audited accounts on its website less than 6 months after its year end (which is the same as the Fund’s!) what is the reason for the Fund being so tardy with its audited accounts and not even putting them on the website?
woodpecker

Activity : 80

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 26.09.16 15:07

woodpecker wrote:
I would add that she has limited employment options due to her notoriety and the changed public view about the McCanns.

I think I've made a similar point in the past about Gerry McCann - I'm frankly astonished that he continues to function as a consultant cardiologist in the same establishment he was working prior to his daughters disappearance.  Or am I?

The pair of them were prime suspects in Portugal before doing a runner - nothing has happened since to alter that position. 

Going off topic a bit, does anyone else think it strange that their circle of family, friends, colleagues and acquaintances have never knowingly spoken out?  Normally the grapevine is more efficient than any other form of communication, why the silence?

Downsizing or not? Shrug

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 26.09.16 15:45

Mock not!  She has been very busy working for charitable causes - it has been told.

Meanwhile back in August 2008..

'madeleine' by KATE MCCANN

In the meantime, I set to work on the files.  Scrutinizing them would in the end take up six months of my life, and it would be a painful as well as time-consuming labour.

The 5,000-odd pages were divided into volumes and annexes, which seemed very disjointed. Usually the information was presented chronologically rather than separated according to subject matter. As a result, pieces of data relating to a certain line of inquiry or suspect were scattered throughout the files in different sections.

The majority of the material was in Portuguese, so one of our first jobs was to find a company to translate it into English. Ultimately, the entire file would be translated, at a cost to Madeleine’s Fund of almost £100,000, but initially Gerry and I spent hours scanning through it to prioritize the sections we wanted most urgently. Then I began on the few sections that were in English, primarily statements from British witnesses or information forwarded to the PJ by the Leicestershire police.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo 26.09.16 17:00

Verdi wrote:

Mock not!  She has been very busy working for charitable causes - it has been told.

In the meantime, I set to work on the files.  Scrutinizing them would in the end take up six months of my life, and it would be a painful as well as time-consuming labour.

The 5,000-odd pages were divided into volumes and annexes, which seemed very disjointed. Usually the information was presented chronologically rather than separated according to subject matter. As a result, pieces of data relating to a certain line of inquiry or suspect were scattered throughout the files in different sections.

The majority of the material was in Portuguese, so one of our first jobs was to find a company to translate it into English. Ultimately, the entire file would be translated, at a cost to Madeleine’s Fund of almost £100,000, but initially Gerry and I spent hours scanning through it to prioritize the sections we wanted most urgently. Then I began on the few sections that were in English, primarily statements from British witnesses or information forwarded to the PJ by the Leicestershire police.

Yes, its very strange that out of all the people offering to help back then that they wouldn't have been offered a lower cost for a translator, couldn't she have shopped around a bit? What I really mean is do we believe that a translation would cost that much? I really can't! It's a bit like the extortionate cost of the website, by a student, that could have been done for far less than quoted. Mmmmm... roll

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 26.09.16 17:23

Roxyroo wrote:
Verdi wrote:

Yes, its very strange that out of all the people offering to help back then that they wouldn't have been offered a lower cost for a translator, couldn't she have shopped around a bit? What I really mean is do we believe that a translation would cost that much? I really can't! It's a bit like the extortionate cost of the website, by a student, that could have been done for far less than quoted.  Mmmmm... roll
Indeed and not just that , how can they  scan the sections they  "wanted most urgently" if they could not understand  Portuguese? No further explanation on which "sections" took priority?
 THEN Kate looked at the statements of the British witnesses ( and information forwarded by Leicestershire Police) as they were in English, mmmm think that was their priority IMO

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 26.09.16 23:01

Roxyroo wrote:
Verdi wrote:

Yes, its very strange that out of all the people offering to help back then that they wouldn't have been offered a lower cost for a translator, couldn't she have shopped around a bit? What I really mean is do we believe that a translation would cost that much? I really can't! It's a bit like the extortionate cost of the website, by a student, that could have been done for far less than quoted.  Mmmmm... roll
That single paragraph speaks volumes doesn't it?  Frankly I don't think Ms Healy is being entirely honest.

Firstly, as you suggest, why use the Madeleine Fund to pay for a translation that most likely could have been done for little or nothing.  I realise translation of the entire dossier would be a very lengthy process but the entire content was translated free and published on the internet by various kind people - although I don't know how soon that happened following the release of the files. 

Whatever, you have to ask what benefit it was to the McCanns to trawl through the files - which according to Kate McCann cost six months of her life and considerable suffering.  I quite understand they needed to discover what evidence the PJ had that resulted in their arguidos status and anything that might incriminate them that needed to be innocently explained, or  passed to their defence lawyers but there are hundreds of pages in the files that would be of no direct interest to the McCanns.

"To prioritize the sections we most urgently wanted" -
says it all really does it not?   'urgently wanted' - strange choice of words, especially when ostensibly they were looking for the missing piece of the jigsaw, the words indicate to me prior knowledge of exactly what they were looking for.  The McCanns are not detectives, they are not lawyers so again I ask what possible advantage was it for them personally,to have the PJ files translated from Portuguese into English and to add insult to injury, latterly get their task force (their minions) to propagate the 'lost in translation' excuse.

Woof!  Woof!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.09.16 23:08

Don't forget their efforts through de Abreu to become 'assistente'. Forewarned is forearmed as it were.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 26.09.16 23:09

Addendum

They also tried to get their sticky little mitts on all the investigation detail held by Leicestershire Constabulary but that little ruse failed miserably.  The rogatory interviews conducted by Leicestershire Constabulary and contained in the PJ files, were for the most part at the McCanns particular request - no advantage there!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer 26.09.16 23:50

"Frankly I don't think Ms Healy is being entirely honest " Oh Verdi don't make me laugh ! When has Ms Healy / McCann or whatever she wants to call herself been anything like honest ?

Oh yes when she said "I know more than you do !"
They found a company to translate the files , no mention of what company or thanks to them for their hard work , no just fork out £100,000 from the Fund to pay for it ! Then keep it to themselves , no comparison to the translation done for free so they can say Oh look the one provided on the internet is wrong , no wonder things are "lost in translation "

Kate certainly could never go back to work as a G.P , after all 6 bodies before she went on holiday that alone would be enough to put folk off !
So what else , a professional sofa surfer , hold classes on how to look pained and violated ! How about curtain demonstrator ?

Plus getting hold of the files had nothing to do with finding Madeleine , it was all about protecting themselves , just my opinion of course !

Activity : 2374

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 27.09.16 1:01

woodpecker wrote:Congratulations Aquila on a very good post about Kate McCann’s unemployability as a doctor.

What could she do?:

Maybe write a ‘celebrity’ column in a really bad paper/magazine?

Become a self employed childminder – but who would leave their children with her?

Help out on Lorraine Kelly’s Show as a stand-in presenter when Lorraine is on holiday etc.

Write more books !!!

Some form of self employment where you don’t need many clients?

I doubt if she gets paid for being a Missing People Ambassador as another member has suggested. The charity has detailed audited accounts for the year to 31 march 2016 on its website. Reading all the accounting notes it appears only the actual staff are paid and the CEO gets between £70,000-£80,000. An ‘Ambassador’ would not be on staff.

If a large charity can have its audited accounts on its website less than 6 months after its year end (which is the same as the Fund’s!) what is the reason for the Fund being so tardy with its audited accounts and not even putting them on the website?

The charity circuit has a nice escape for people they want to reward: reimbursement. That does not show up as salaries, and will be tossed on one big heap, no names attached.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by DENNISSALLY 27.09.16 1:51

Let it be known now! When I am in my last breaths and all I crave is a doctor who will numb me with sedatives to ease my passing and give me kindly her daughters soft toy called cuddle cat to hold onto while I dissappear into oblivion!
Forever I will remember your trousers & white blouse you wore that day, you looked like an angel all white looking & happy.
My dog whom I met in heaven told me he came across angelic doctors like you before, he sensed & alerted five heavenly beings before me that you kindly helped on their way to never never land.
What a super trooper GP you are!
DENNISSALLY

Activity : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 27.09.16 8:14

April28th wrote:Don't forget their efforts through de Abreu to become 'assistente'. Forewarned is forearmed as it were.
A huge red flag April28th, they really do show their "cards" when they think they have the upper hand? 

Kate and Gerry McCann also announced they are to apply under Portuguese law to become private ‘prosecutors’ and may now be able to influence the course of the investigation and any prosecution.

Their status as ‘assistentes’ will allow their legal team to work alongside state prosecutors, keeping the McCanns informed of all new developments in the case.

They could also bring a parallel private prosecution against any suspects charged over Maddie’s disappearance."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2514565/British-Portugese-police-join-forces-hunt-missing-Madeleine-McCann-Met-Commissioner-says.html?ico=home^headlines

Commissioner dealing his "hand" " in that particular article.

Had to laugh at the video advert located at the end of the article page too winkwink

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Downsizing or not? Empty Ref;Down sizing or Not?

Post by willowthewisp 27.09.16 11:54

Hi Maymuse,thanks for the Link to the Daily Mail Article and Sir Bernard Hogan Howe,along with the McCann's applying for "Assistente Status",surely if granted,"Assistente"this would allow access to"Reams" of undisclosed evidence for a Future prosecution?
Is this the,"Turkeys"voting for Xmas?
I would say"Perverting the Course of Justice" more than likely if involved in becoming granted"Assistente Status"?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 27.09.16 12:04

willowthewisp wrote:Hi Maymuse,thanks for the Link to the Daily Mail Article and Sir Bernard Hogan Howe,along with the McCann's applying for "Assistente Status",surely if granted,"Assistente"this would allow access to"Reams" of undisclosed evidence for a Future prosecution?
I would say"Perverting the Course of Justice" more than likely if involved in becoming granted"Assistente Status"?
That is my take on it and the possible reason they wanted that "status" although I believe it was denied/ or they didn't pursue?  Yet to source any further info. 
It is rather strange that parents would think of those things when your daughter had gone missing. After all their background was not police but Drs? Any "normal" parent would leave it to the respected  experienced investigators. 
I wonder if they were being "coached" to follow certain routes? 
IMO

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Downsizing or not? Empty Ref;Down sizing or Not?

Post by willowthewisp 27.09.16 12:15

MayMuse wrote:
willowthewisp wrote:Hi Maymuse,thanks for the Link to the Daily Mail Article and Sir Bernard Hogan Howe,along with the McCann's applying for "Assistente Status",surely if granted,"Assistente"this would allow access to"Reams" of undisclosed evidence for a Future prosecution?
That is my take on it and the possible reason they wanted that "status" although I believe it was denied/ or they didn't pursue?  Yet to source any further info. 
It is rather strange that parents would think of those things when your daughter had gone missing. After all their background was not police but Drs? Any "normal" parent would leave it to the respected  experienced investigators. 
IMO
Hi Maymuse,$64,000?  If found before a Court on"Criminal Charges"the Defendants would No Doubt claim an "Unfair" trail as what proportion of people have not Heard of the missing Madeleine McCann case,with World Wide Publications and TV appearances!!!?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 27.09.16 12:22

willowthewisp wrote:
MayMuse wrote:
IMO
Hi Maymuse,$64,000?  If found before a Court on"Criminal Charges"the Defendants would No Doubt claim an "Unfair" trail as what proportion of people have not Heard of the missing Madeleine McCann case,with World Wide Publications and TV appearances!!!?
@willowthewisp
No doubt... Absolutely winkwink
Which sometimes makes me think that certain "evidence" or "information of value" has been held back by authorities ,namely the PJ, possibly.

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 27.09.16 15:47

Verdi wrote:

How many statements in the files were the original English versions?  I am only aware of Jez Wilkins.

The rogatories were released by Duarte Levy weren't they?  As far as I recall they aren't in the files that were released

Please correct me if I'm wrong
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Activity : 5076

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 27.09.16 19:50

LAHiDeHo wrote:
Verdi wrote:

How many statements in the files were the original English versions?  I am only aware of Jez Wilkins.

The rogatories were released by Duarte Levy weren't they?  As far as I recall they aren't in the files that were released

I'm not sure, I can only find  David Paynes as  sourced from Levys Wordpress and in the mccannfiles
https://duartelevyen.wordpress.com/2009/05/01/maddie-david-payne-interview-at-leicestershire-police-headquarters-–-part-iiii/

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id251.html

I think the others were transcribed/ sourced from Levy also but for some reason cannot find them on his Wordpress only in the mccannpjfiles
As per 
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RUSSELL-OBRIEN_ROGATORY.htm

Jez Wilkins is in English and was contained in the Pj files

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id327.html

So if Jez Wilkins was the only statement in English from the PJ files, what other British statements could KM look into? I can only find these rogatory ones, so could be them? http://www.mccannfiles.com/id358.html

Also found this which is an article on Duarte Levy by Joana Morais; does not make good reading IMO 
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id71.html

Not sure if this helps any?

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 27.09.16 20:41

HiDeHo wrote:
Verdi wrote:

Now you've really confused me sad .

The rogatory interviews conducted by Leicstershire police were at the request of the PJ and partly attended by a PJ representative, even though the interviewees were mostly named by the McCanns themselves in October 2007.

They are listed amidst the extensive translations of witness statements documented by the maddiecasefiles, the transcripts for which appear to have been worked by different persons - Duarte Levy and Mercedes included.  I am assuming that either the transcripts were a translation from English to Portuguese (taken from the taped recordings and/or the typed version?) for the benefit of the PJ or they are a translation of previously translated interviews (if you get my drift) back to English.  Either way they appear to be included in the PJ files released for public consumption in August 2008.  Again making an assumption, if the rogatory interview statements were included in the PJ files, like as not it was the Portuguese version.

I'm not stating this as fact but my interpretation of available information. Hope it makes sense.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum