The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Another look at the Last photo - Page 13 Mm11

Another look at the Last photo - Page 13 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Another look at the Last photo - Page 13 Mm11

Another look at the Last photo - Page 13 Regist10

Another look at the Last photo

Page 13 of 39 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another look at the Last photo - Page 13 Empty Re: Another look at the Last photo

Post by Jill Havern 13.09.15 9:46

Tony Bennett wrote:Incidentally, where is missbeetle? She hasn't been back to explain why she thinks, against the evidence, that Madeleine wasn't in Praia da Luz that week.

@ missbeetle

Hall-ooooooo???
She did...on this page

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t11782p10-hidden-in-plain-sight

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41596

Back to top Go down

Another look at the Last photo - Page 13 Empty Re: Another look at the Last photo

Post by Tony Bennett 13.09.15 10:35

Get'emGonçalo wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:Incidentally, where is missbeetle? She hasn't been back to explain why she thinks, against the evidence, that Madeleine wasn't in Praia da Luz that week.

@ missbeetle

Hall-ooooooo???
She did...on this page

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t11782p10-hidden-in-plain-sight
@ Get'emGoncalo @ missbeetle

That was no reply at all to the question she was asked, which was: what is her evidence that Madeleine McCann was never in Praia da Luz?

Pert of her answer was this:

"I think there were three 'Madeleines' in this manufactured Mystery: [one of them was] 'Madeleine', the Jane Doe body of a young girl (a victim of child trafficking) who was eventually laid to rest in Huelva Graveyard as part of an Operation Mincemeat-type exercise. It was [this] third 'Madeleine' the dogs rightly detected".

First point, can either of you tell me what the above actually means? - that would be very helpful.

But second, and much more important @ missbeetle once again, where is the actual evidence to support your view that Madeleine was never in Praia da Luz? Or, for that matter, how do you answer the veritable mountain of evidence that she was?

:please:

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by woodpecker 13.09.15 10:47

Perhaps Miss beetle is referring to the lack of DNA evidence of Maddie's presence in the holiday apartment. Remember gerry had to go home to get something with her DNA. There was apparently not even a toothbrush of hers there. There was a story that the three children shared a toothbrush which I find hard to believe.
woodpecker

Activity : 80

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Dean 13.09.15 10:50

It does seem very unlikely with so little DNA evidence that she could have been there for six days and five nights.
Amy Dean
Amy Dean

Activity : 480

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 13.09.15 10:51

woodpecker wrote:Perhaps missbeetle is referring to the lack of DNA evidence of Maddie's presence in the holiday apartment. Remember Gerry had to go home to get something with her DNA. There was apparently not even a toothbrush of hers there. There was a story that the three children shared a toothbrush which I find hard to believe.
I think she needs to come clean ASAP and tell us whose was the dead body detected in Apartment G5A, and how it got there. That should clear things up pretty quickly

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 13.09.15 10:52

Amy Dean wrote:It does seem very unlikely with so little DNA evidence that she could have been there for six days and five nights.
That's a totally valid point - but doesn't go anywhere near to being evidence that she was never there

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 13.09.15 10:55

Lol the toothbrushes.  McCanns were apparently broke in 2007, must have been very broke....

And he adds: "In reality, when the McCanns went to Oprah's Show, the blanket was mentioned. At a given moment, when Oprah tells Kate that she heard her mention a blanket several times, Kate argued that a mother who misses a child always wants to know if she is comfortable, if she is warm, and added, referring to Maddie, that sometimes she asked herself if the person who had taken her would cover her up with her little blanket (but the blanket was on the bed after Maddie, supposedly, disappeared!!!).
ROSA
ROSA

Activity : 2108

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 13.09.15 11:43

@ Verdi - I respect facts absolutely. I respect the efforts that have been put in by certain members. I have a growing respect for certain members - others none at all. I have no desire to rock the boat but I have a real problem with being told (politeness and tact - non-existent) what I can and cannot do and think. Try taking a leaf out of @PM's book - he seems to be a right proper gentleman.

I'm still intrigued to know what your game is - why do you waste so much time worrying about what everyone else is doing/saying? Why don't you just sit back and chill and let the MODERATORS decide what is appropriate to post.

Hang on in there @ Missbeetle! Sad that we have to have our own little support group isn't it.

@skyrocket.  There will be no "little support groups" here.  Stay on topic or your posts will be deleted.  Mod.
skyrocket
skyrocket

Activity : 1537

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.09.15 11:48

Tony Bennett wrote:
Amy Dean wrote:It does seem very unlikely with so little DNA evidence that she could have been there for six days and five nights.
That's a totally valid point - but doesn't go anywhere near to being evidence that she was never there
Points to a thorough cleaning.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 13.09.15 11:53

BlueBag wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

Bluebag, I can distinctively remember, way back on the Mirror forum, a discussion about the cleaning materials bought by the McCann's from the local store. I am almost sure I even saw a receipt for those materials, which included bleach etc. Now the question is, WHAT was so incriminating in that apartment that it needed such a through cleaning? If it was blood from an accident, surely there would be no need to clean the WHOLE apartment? But from what we are told, the apartment was cleaned from top to bottom, eliminating all Madeleine's DNA, to such an extent that GM had to return to the UK to get her DNA.
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.09.15 12:11

skyrocket wrote:@ Verdi - I respect facts absolutely. I respect the efforts that have been put in by certain members. I have a growing respect for certain members - others none at all. I have no desire to rock the boat but I have a real problem with being told (politeness and tact - non-existent) what I can and cannot do and think. Try taking a leaf out of @PM's book - he seems to be a right proper gentleman.

I'm still intrigued to know what your game is - why do you waste so much time worrying about what everyone else is doing/saying? Why don't you just sit back and chill and let the MODERATORS decide what is appropriate to post.

Hang on in there @ Missbeetle! Sad that we have to have our own little support group isn't it.

@skyrocket.  There will be no "little support groups" here.  Stay on topic or your posts will be deleted.  Mod.

@skyrocket.  Have you read missbeetle's posts.  He/she has posted that he/she believes MBM was never in PdL.  Do you agree with this?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 13.09.15 12:25

sallypelt wrote:
BlueBag wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
Bluebag, I can distinctively remember, way back on the Mirror forum, a discussion about the cleaning materials bought by the McCann's from the local store. I am almost sure I even saw a receipt for those materials, which included bleach etc. Now the question is, WHAT was so incriminating in that apartment that it needed such a through cleaning? If it was blood from an accident, surely there would be no need to clean the WHOLE apartment? But from what we are told, the apartment was cleaned from top to bottom, eliminating all Madeleine's DNA, to such an extent that GM had to return to the UK to get her DNA.
I also recall those discussions on various forums, but IIRC I can't remember now if there was any evidence for this alleged visit.

However, there are two references to the McCanns visiting the Baptista supermarket in Dr Kate McCann's book, 'madeleine', which may be of interest here.

The first one was on the SUNDAY and refers to a trip allegedly made sometime in the morning (pages 51-52):

"Gerry had made a trip to Baptista, a supermarket a short distance from the Ocean Club on Rue Dr Gentil Martins, to get in a few bits and pieces for lunch, plus some cereal, to save us making the trek to the Millennium restaurant for breakfast each morning".

[NOTE: For whatever reason, the McCanns decided to have breakfast in their own room from Monday morning onwards].

Then on pages 56-57, we get this account of a trip by Gerry & Kate to the Baptista supermarket 'on the evening of Monday 30 April':

"On the evening of Monday, 30 April, I made my first foray to Baptista with Jane. We wanted to stock up on a few essentials as the next day was a pubic holiday. We all managed to make it for dinner at the Tapas restaurant that evening. Again, there was quite a cold wind..."

NOTES:

The reference to the cold wind is correct, because it was on Monday afternoon that the colder airstream moved over the Algarve, for the rest of the week, as PeterMac has fully documented elsewhere on the forum.

Continuing down page 57, we are told that:

* the apartment was cleaned by a middle-aged Portuguese lady on Monday
* on Tuesday two maintenance workers came to have a look at our washing machine
* these same two maintenance men also came to mend the 'broken window shutter mechanism'
* Kate left Apt G5A just after 10am ('to watch Gerry') - with the two washing machine & shutter repairers still in their apartment  
* the same Tuesday morning Gerry had his tennis lesson, Madeleine and Ella and the Mini-Club group came to play on the adjoining court, Kate was watching them, Madeleine looked 'so gorgeous' so she ran back to Apt G5A and fetched her camera...ands took the 'Tennis Balls Photo'
* the apartment was again cleaned by a middle-aged Portuguese lady on Wednesday

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 13.09.15 12:28

Ladyinred wrote:
skyrocket wrote:@ Verdi - I respect facts absolutely. I respect the efforts that have been put in by certain members. I have a growing respect for certain members - others none at all. I have no desire to rock the boat but I have a real problem with being told (politeness and tact - non-existent) what I can and cannot do and think. Try taking a leaf out of @PM's book - he seems to be a right proper gentleman.

@skyrocket.  Have you read missbeetle's posts?  He/she has posted that he/she believes MBM was never in PdL.  Do you agree with this?

Good. Now we have two significant questions awaiting an answer from fellow-members:

1. missbeetle - what's your evidence that Madeleine was never in Praia da Luz?
2. skyrocket - do you also agree that she was never there? Or if you don't agree, why do you say she was there?

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 13.09.15 12:32

sallypelt wrote:
BlueBag wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

Does anyone know what date these items were purchased ?

And he adds: "In reality, when the McCanns went to Oprah's Show, the blanket was mentioned. At a given moment, when Oprah tells Kate that she heard her mention a blanket several times, Kate argued that a mother who misses a child always wants to know if she is comfortable, if she is warm, and added, referring to Maddie, that sometimes she asked herself if the person who had taken her would cover her up with her little blanket (but the blanket was on the bed after Maddie, supposedly, disappeared!!!).
ROSA
ROSA

Activity : 2108

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.09.15 12:35

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 13.09.15 12:59

ROSA wrote:
sallypelt wrote:
BlueBag wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

Does anyone know what date these items were purchased ?
I think your question is answered @TonyBennett, post before the above. 

This is just hearsay, unless concrete evidence can be produced - like a copy receipt for goods purchased or CCTV footage - that's how it should stay, hearsay!  It's so easy for idle gossip to morph into full blown fact if one deviates too far from the main track.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 13.09.15 13:00

Ladyinred wrote:We are discussing "the last photo".  Please stay on topic.

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t6612-shopping-for-cleaning-items-at-a-portuguese-super-market
Apologies, our paths crossed.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.09.15 14:28

Re: Shopping for "essentials".

We don't know what they bought on holiday using their credit cards because the PJ were outrageously denied access to credit card details.

Really, really incredible.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by cbeagle 13.09.15 15:13

Verdi said:

This is just hearsay, unless concrete evidence can be produced - like a copy receipt for goods purchased or CCTV footage - that's how it should stay, hearsay!  

and 

> So let me see, you're not prepared to listen to a well respected member of this forum who is passing on information from another well respected forum member who is passing on information from a professional

Isn't that information from a professional hearsay, or has said professional ever stated in public their opinion of the photo?
cbeagle

Activity : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 13.09.15 15:26

cbeagle wrote:Verdi said:

This is just hearsay, unless concrete evidence can be produced - like a copy receipt for goods purchased or CCTV footage - that's how it should stay, hearsay!  

and 

> So let me see, you're not prepared to listen to a well respected member of this forum who is passing on information from another well respected forum member who is passing on information from a professional

Isn't that information from a professional hearsay, or has said professional ever stated in public their opinion of the photo?
You are correct, the Professor's opinion that, after extensive forensic analysis of the Last Photo, it was wholly genuine, is hearsay.

PeterMac was only able to obtain these two (there was another one) honest opinions from top experts by promising in advance not to disclose their identities. It is sad that this is the case, but as we know only too well on this forum, to speak out either against the McCanns or to even venture any independent professional opinion on the case is fraught with dangers.

PeterMac shared the actual identities of both persons with a small group of people (I was one) whom he knew he could rely on 100% never to disclose their identities.

PeterMac has gone as far as he can and has actually published the Professor's exact words on the forum.

I suggest that every single Madeleine McCann researcher who has a genuine desire to get to the truth about what happened to her should take heed of  the Professor's expert opinion on the Last Photo.

These two expert opinions may technically be 'hearsay'. But I suggest they (together with PeterMac himself who obtained the opinions) carry weight and authority

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.09.15 18:25

Thanks for all the explanations. It left me with a new question though. 
It's about the reports sent to Operation Grange about the last photo. 
Do they have the research and the name of the researchers?
I always presumed so, but after reading I'm in doubt now.
Kindest regards
parapono
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 13.09.15 18:59

cbeagle wrote:Verdi said:

and 

No comparison!  A rumour circulated on the internet in days of yore about a supermarket receipt for goods purchased by the McCanns is so flimsy in terms of credibility it's not even worthy of comment.  Who on earth hangs on to a supermarket receipt for household goods - straight in the bin as far as I'm aware and even if it was retained, how could anyone get their hands on it to post up on the internet?  Farcical scenario wouldn't you say?

As for PeterMac, his contribution I trust implicitly, I have no reason to doubt his word or his source.  As skyrocket (I think) said, a gentleman -  I will add a scholar and oh so subtle, he can sting without you even knowing you've been stung.  Bet he was an ace detective!

Enough of this - it's borderline off topic.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by cbeagle 13.09.15 19:11

[Thanks for the background Tony]

Why is it said the timestamp of the picture was off by an hour?

Looking at the meta data for this version: http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/gestalt-3AsTheKTPHorg.jpg

The timestamp is 13:29:51 GMT, which would have been 14:29:51 GMT+1 which was the correct daylight saving timezone for Portugal on May 3rd.

So according to the tiemstamp, it was taken at around 2:30pm.

[this is separate to the issue of if it was faked or not, but why is there discussion over the camera being off by an hour].
cbeagle

Activity : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 13.09.15 20:14

@ Ladyinred & @ Tony Bennett

Re: Missbeetle - no I do not agree with all her views but I respect her right to think whatever she likes. She has also come up with a lot of interesting photos that I haven't seen before. She deserves some gratitude IMO.

I'm not 100% clear why it is necessary for you to know my views, but here you go, off the top of my head:

1. I believe MBM went to Luz - airport bus video clearly showing Dianne Webster; testimony of MBM's play school (MBM excitement 2 days prior to departure); testimony of Janet Kennedy (with MBM day before departure); testimony of Maria da Silva's daughter about seeing MBM at Sunday lunchtime; etc.

2. I believe MBM died in the Ocean Club - the cadaver dogs; improbability of any other persons having died, or being dead, in 5A; lack of general DNA attributable to MBM found in 5A, including missing toothbrush (clean up op); changing testimonies; implausible testimonies; lack of searching by parents and close friends; general strange behaviour of Mc's and Tapas 7; failure to release a current photo/likeness for the initial searches; failure to release the last photo straight away; lack of holiday photos in general; false information given to friends and relatives to ensure that the parents version of events was in MSM by early morning 4 May; lack of parental concern when the twins failed to wake up; failure of the parents, both MD's, to ask for immediate medical attention for the twins; early statement by Uncle Brian Kennedy that donations would be mainly used as a fighting fund; misdirection & obstruction of the PJ's investigation; etc; etc.

Hope that suffices.
skyrocket
skyrocket

Activity : 1537

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.09.15 20:20

@skyrocket
Thanks for your response.  I didn't ask for your views, just whether you agreed with missbeetle's opinion.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 39 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top