The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Possible Action Against The Times - Page 13 Mm11

Possible Action Against The Times - Page 13 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Possible Action Against The Times - Page 13 Mm11

Possible Action Against The Times - Page 13 Regist10

Possible Action Against The Times

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Possible Action Against The Times - Page 13 Empty Re: Possible Action Against The Times

Post by Praiaaa 10.08.14 12:57

TheTruthWillOut wrote:

Seems to me a weird way of whitewashing with all the potential patsies being eliminated! Who are OG going to blame it on?

Looks to me like a wide net was thrown and slowly but surely every possible suspect is being eliminated until all that is left is the Tapas9....
 goodpost
Praiaaa

Activity : 497

Back to top Go down

Possible Action Against The Times - Page 13 Empty Re: Possible Action Against The Times

Post by Justformaddie 10.08.14 13:16

They can look and find any patsy they want, nothing can come from it, they're looking for what's right under their noses, eliminate the world and they still will be left with the tapas9 IMO. It just takes one officer to have a heart and the b@lls, but with the help of R.Hall, there's not much they can hide behind now. MSM can't be believed now, when the vids get out, no one will be as gullible and will question the truth. I can't believe that everything I read, I believed. When I read the mccann files I was shocked, so much that I couldn't believe I was so thick. I believed the headlines then, but now, the MSM is no source for the truth IMO so much so, this can't be whitewashed now.
IMO

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by XTC 10.08.14 21:49

parapono wrote:
PeterMac wrote:Smithman is having exactly the desired effect.
He is taking your eye off the squirrel.

Smithman was NOT Gerry and the girl being carried was NOT Madeleine.
Whether he existed or not. Whether they are part of a Grand Conspiracy, Freemasons, Opus Dei, knew Robert Murat, are aliens from the Planet Zog,  or not.

IT WAS NOT GERRY CARRYING MADELEINE at 10 pm.

All the sensible and credible evidence, and the investigative analysis, logical deduction, and intellectual and analytical development which follows from what we know tell us that
Madeleine had died and been disposed of / hidden / concealed long before that.
 goodpost
Agreed parapono

That's the best summation of where we are ( or should be?)

As a theory I would add that many squirrels were in the garden in PdL.

5a may not be the apartment where Madeleine was removed from?

The patio door was probably more interesting forensically than the sterile shutters or front wooden door.
Glass is brilliant for finding fingerprints or even gloveprints. Young childrens tiny prints would be all over the glass
low down thereby proving maybe that any child was in 5a after any cleaning of the windows.

The taken away babygate never gets a mention in the statement either.

The bedding from the childrens room should have been analysed for just washed or other evidence.

There are PJ photos of 3 keys on one fob. One is the Crucifix Key. One is a big deadlock key for a wooden door and one
looks like an old car key: circa 1987 or older. Did no one ask what the other two keys were for . Or evn who's keys they
were? 5a Has one key only as far as I know.

A car was seen in the Car Park right near the window to the childrens room at around 10pm.

If Madeleine was elsewhere when she was removed - where was she removed from? If Eddie checked all the other
Tapas 7's apartment and didn't signal then I think that either Madeleine was not there long enough for cadaver scent to
develop or after her demise she was moved quickly possibly back to 5a? Just as an  aside was 5c ( if that was the empty one?) ever
given the once over by Eddie? It was empty.

The cadaver scent is a valuable indicator I think. Yes cadaver scent develops near enough straight away as the cells disintegrate
but the exhudation by various exits from the body takes a lot longer depending on temperature conditions. Is it a wild theory to
agree with Peter Mac but with a caveat. That caveat would be if Madeleine died elsewhere that day or any other day and had to be
hidden or carried would the scent have become stronger or less stronger from Sunday to Thursday if the object(s) ( say wrapping or tee shirts?) within the bag had been in contact with a body? The scent Eddie indicated to on the shelf in the cupbaord would have been an
enclosed space not prone to air movement. Therefore as a puzzle what was the object that deposited the scent? A body directly or
something(s) that had been in close contact with a body. For myself it not just the 5a scent in the cupboard it is Eddie's many other barks and tailwagging at around 7 plus more objects that is curious.

Apparently he barked at nothing of Mr McCanns.

We have  to explain that re: the Smith sighting if Madeleine died in 5a and was removed instantly and GM was carrying a child
at 10pm. If it was he and not his child we may have answer. If it was Madeleine and the carrier was not GM then the carrier should in theory have cadaver scent all over his carrying clothes. With a possibility of cross contamination onto other things. Strangely they were all Mrs McCanns things that Eddie indicated to. As far as I can tell it was not a woman carrying a child according to the Smiths.

Pure theory all this at the moment though.

p.s. For reference :You Tube : Monty Python - Confuse a Cat ( or squirrel if you wish) I'm the cat/squirrel unfortunately.
XTC

Activity : 210

Back to top Go down

Post by phil_burton 13.08.14 23:15

I still don't get how the Smith sighting could either be a) made up or b) part of an elaborate decoy 

Why would the Smiths make up the sightings? Aren't they totally unconnected to the McCanns? Sure, there's some doubt about how the information came forward (didn't they come forward once they'd seen Gerry on the news several weeks later?). To me, that's odd, but not implausible.

And why would the McCanns take part in a decoy like this that they had little or no control over. They could have bumped in to anyone, or indeed, no one! They could not guarantee that someone would see them and come forward with the sighting, nor could they ensure they weren't spotted acting strangely.

Personally I believe whatever happened on the 2nd, which makes the Smith sighting a spanner in the works, but I am still inclined to believe it is genuine.
phil_burton

Activity : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.08.14 9:31

That is how I feel about the whole Smith situation, Phil.

Another topic became a Smith one (!) but the original one does seem to have run out of steam anyway.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 14.08.14 12:33

Cristobell wrote:

“They are not telling a little white lie, they have conspired to tell a whopping great big one that has led two official police forces and umpteen private investigators off track, again, I reiterate, for 7 years!”

Is it possible that the Smiths are not lying, there was a sighting but it was used/designed as "flack" at some point during the following 7 years.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 14.08.14 12:55

Angelique wrote:Cristobell wrote:

“They are not telling a little white lie, they have conspired to tell a whopping great big one that has led two official police forces and umpteen private investigators off track, again, I reiterate, for 7 years!”

Is it possible that the Smiths are not lying, there was a sighting but it was used/designed as "flack" at some point during the following 7 years.
It is far more likely that the Smiths are telling the truth Angelique, sometimes a spoon is just a spoon.  It is a huge leap and an enormous amount of speculation to conclude they are lying. 

I am not sure the sighting has been used as 'flack', as it has remained buried for most of the 7 years that this case has dragged on.  When DCI Redwood released the efits in a 'revelation' moment, he was releasing information that was unknown by most of the British public. I think the McCanns suppression of  Smithman is one of the most damning pieces of evidence against them.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 14.08.14 14:25

Cristobell wrote:

It is far more likely that the Smiths are telling the truth Angelique, sometimes a spoon is just a spoon.  It is a huge leap and an enormous amount of speculation to conclude they are lying. 

I am not sure the sighting has been used as 'flack', as it has remained buried for most of the 7 years that this case has dragged on.  When DCI Redwood released the efits in a 'revelation' moment, he was releasing information that was unknown by most of the British public. I think the McCanns suppression of  Smithman is one of the most damning pieces of evidence against them.
I agree Cristobell, it is THE most damning piece of evidence against the McCanns; alas I also believe the alleged 'innocent daddy' that was once Bundleman, that DCI Redwood pulled out of his flimsy hat, is also THE most damning piece of evidence against the legitimacy of Operation Grange. 

We shall see.....
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 14.08.14 14:46

Cristobell wrote:

Hi Cristobell

What I meant by flack at some point which I bolded is that DCI Redwood can now use this sighting (which may be true) to steer the "abduction" scenario. 

That it is now, when the CW was made, that they could use it. I am assuming that DCI Redwood is conducting a whitewash, of course.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 14.08.14 14:49

Angelique wrote:
Cristobell wrote:

Hi Cristobell

What I meant by flack at some point which I bolded is that DCI Redwood can now use this sighting (which may be true) to steer the "abduction" scenario. 

That it is now, when the CW was made, that they could use it. I am assuming that DCI Redwood is conducting a whitewash, of course.
He might be Angelique, but if this is indeed a whitewash, he would do better to steer the investigation in the wrong direction, rather than the right one - that just adds further complications.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 14.08.14 14:52

pennylane wrote:
Cristobell wrote:

I agree Cristobell, it is THE most damning piece of evidence against the McCanns; alas I also believe the alleged 'innocent daddy' that was once Bundleman, that DCI Redwood pulled out of his flimsy hat, is also THE most damning piece of evidence against the legitimacy of Operation Grange. 

We shall see.....
I think innocent crèche daddy, might be the sprat to catch the mackerel, or just a way in which to get rid of the Tanner sighting without directly calling Jane a liar.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 14.08.14 17:20

''REMIND' ME 'AGAIN'!

KM statement 4th May 2007. (having READ the deed it is confirmed, ratified, and signed by KM)

Later, a member of the group, Russell's partner Jane, when she went to her apartment to see her children at around 9.15pm, saw from the back [rear] about 50 metres away, on the perimeter road of the club, a long-haired person, in what she thinks were jeans, with a child in his arms and walking very quickly. But she is better able to tell you about that herself.
------------------------------------------------------------------

KM "a LONG-HAIRED PERSON in JEANS, with a CHILD IN HIS ARMS and WALKING QUICKLY.

So REMIND ME, just exactly how LONG was Smithman's HAIR, in DCI Redwood's e-fits 'revelation' moment.

KM "Jane 'saw' from the BACK, about 50 (FIFTY) METRES away............"

So REMIND ME, if the guy was 'walking QUICKLY' 50 METRES 'from' Jane, when she first 'saw' him from, according to BOTH K&GM, he'd hardly still be 'where' she first 'saw' him, to be able to give such a detailed 'description' of his apparel and childs pyjamas, would 'he'? I say 'he' (because according to GM it COULD have been a 'HE' or a 'SHE' (or even a 'THEY!)

Obviously by the time Tanner had eventually got to her 'sighting location' the quickly walking 'person' would also have been a FURTHER 50 METRES 'away' from where KM said JT first 'saw' HIM.

BUT that didn't stop 'our' Jane from giving such a detailed 'description' of 'he' and the child, as though she was standing right besides 'him', did it?. Conveniently 'forgetting' that for every step she took towards (50-60 strides'= 50 METRES) 'him and the child' HE too was stepping, quickly, AWAY from her, at a faster rate!

So, REMIND ME, are we looking for a 'LONG-HAIRED PERSON' (KM) or a 'SHORT HAIRED PERSON' aka Smithman? (DCI AR's, OG, (ONE and ONLY, 'suspect/abductor' placing ALL his/their 'eggs in the ONE basket,.. NOW!) Exton, Smith 'family' etc', DCI Redwood AND his entire 'team' having elimitated ANY 'abductor' seen standing near or outside of apartment 5A 'carrying' a child)

REMIND ME, WHY did BOTH G&KM used the phrase 'Jane 'saw' from about 50 metres'

It's ALMOST as though they BOTH 'discussed' (pre-meditated/ planned?) the 'distance' for JT to 'see' the 'man' from,........ but 'forgot' to tell her!

eta:
GM statement 4th May 2007. (having READ the deed it is confirmed, ratified and signed by GM)

It is emphasised (EMPHASISED, (indeed!) that one of the members of the group, Jane, at about 21.10 - 21.15 when she was going to her apartment to check on her children, she saw from the back, at a distance of about 50 metres.

Pity he and Kate 'forgot' to 'emphasise' the crucial (pre-planned?) 50 METRES 'distance' to Jane!  winkwink

Just for 'reference' 50 METRES DOWN from the 'top junction' where JT's Tannerman 'was' crossing the road, carrying a child, measures just DOWN passed the OC 'entrance' they all used!

As Kate McCann might say......... 'Google it!' (ya t**sers!) laughat

GOOD JOB THE MCCANNS HAD 'EAGLE-EYED' JANE to 'CONFIRM' SHE DEFINITELY SAW MADELEINE BEING 'ABDUCTED/CARRIED OFF' WEARING THE EXACT SAME PYJAMAS THAT MADELEINE WAS WEARING, EVEN THOUGH SHE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT PYJAMAS MADELEINE WAS WEARING.

PHEW! McCANNS in the 'clear' then!

Otherwise, people MIGHT think that maybe there wasn't an 'abduction' at all!  

jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 14.08.14 18:18

Going right back to the beginning from time to time really does pay off, in terms of revelations about the depth of the mendacity,
the downright untruthfulness, the intricacy of the fabrication, the fibbing, the pure invention, misrepresentation, deceit, duplicity and perfidy
of what we were told about events on 3rd May.

Was it not Gerry who said that confusion was good ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.08.14 18:27

jeanmonroe wrote:

"Just for 'reference' 50 METRES DOWN from the 'top junction' where JT's Tannerman 'was' crossing the road, carrying a child, measures just DOWN passed the OC 'entrance' they all used!"

Oh dear, is that right?  That must put our Jane, Jez and Gerry down the hill from the OC entrance, going the wrong way:

"She noticed the individual's presence exactly when she had just passed by Gerry and Jez who were talking, having seen this person step off the pavement that borders on the apartment block where they were staying and rapidly cross the road". (JT 04/05/07)

And not outside the gate leading up to 5a veranda. Or maybe not on the other side of the road. I get confused....maybe they were in the middle of the road  big grin .

I'll have what they are having please barman.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 14.08.14 18:46

Re my last 'post'

"EAGLE-Eyed" Jane and the 50 METRES 'distance', BOTH KM & GM said "she SAW Tannerman FROM"

I've just realised, she must have also SEEN 'through' TWO chaps, 'chatting', and on the SAME pavement as her, outside the gateway, leading to the McCanns apartment, 5A!

"EAGLE-Eyed' Jane, indeed!

Possible Action Against The Times - Page 13 Nu10

WHY ARE WE HAVING TO DO, EMPHASISING, POINTING OUT CONTRADICTIONS AND DISCREPANCIES, IN RECORDED EVIDENCE, WHEN OPERATION GRANGE 'OFFICERS' SHOULD BE QUESTIONING THESE ER, 'FAULTS' IN 'THEIR SLEEP'?

PERHAPS THAT'S THE PROBLEM?

ALL THE MET, HARD NOSED, EXPERIENCED, ELITE 'MADDIE COPS' AT OPERATION GRANGE,..... ARE ASLEEP!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 14.08.14 18:59

And just to harp back to the Forensic Psychology course:

‘for ID evidence to be credible two basic requirements are needed, max. distance of 15 metres and a min. illumination of 15 lux.’

‘Lux is a measurement of luminance, where 0.3 lux is equivalent to night time with a full moon; 30 lux is equivalent to a badly lit room; and 300 lux is equivalent to a brightly lit room. It is important to note that this research does not mean that identification will be accurate if the perpetrator was seen from less than 15 metres and at more than 15 lux, just that identification evidence cannot be relied on unless these requirements are met.’

So where does 50 metres & 0.3 lux fit in the credibility stakes?
Doug D

Activity : 5283

Back to top Go down

Post by XTC 14.08.14 21:22

Looking at that map and the distances could a possibility be that JW had his back to the Tapas Bar reception and GM could see Jt whilst she nipped smartly ( after taking flip -flops off?) left to the passage where the back gates to the apartments are to get to her apartment?

Three possible  things if that was what happened:

1). JT  could not have seen Mr Bundleman and child but could see GM and JW before swerving left.

2). GM would be the only person to see JT. GM  is facing downhill and can't see the alleged Mr Bundleman.

3) JW if he had been facing towards the top of the hill would have seen Mr Bundleman not JT.

Begs a further question ( if true of course ) why would JT want to avoid one or both of the men?

Or did she leave her patio door open too?

The drama documentary ( it wasn't facts presented ) showed how difficult alll the manouvering was with Dave saying
that a key witnessing was not a big deal.

Only a proposition that's all.
XTC

Activity : 210

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 15.08.14 10:33

Textusa's blog on this, questioning why such an apparent 'scoop' from a little known journalist who could have made a name for himself, has gone quiet, amongst other things.

It's a long read.

http://textusa.blogspot.pt/2014/08/doomed-pieces-emerging-heroes.html
Doug D

Activity : 5283

Back to top Go down

Post by jay2001 17.08.14 19:08

As they are so litigious and sue-ing left, right and centre did they ever sue the Telegraph?  There's at least 2 unfavourable articles AFAIK that don't seem to have been challenged.  Can't copy and paste, but one dated 17 Aug 2007 on today's page (around p 50/51) is shown in full.  It's not long after the dogs were sent in and just before that strange blog from Gerry about a moment of madness!
jay2001

Activity : 121

Back to top Go down

Post by garfy 19.09.14 15:43

wonder how much they got .....and where the money will be going....

[*]

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/sunday-times-sued-mccanns-over-story-which-wrongly-claimed-evidence-was-withheld-police

Sunday Times sued by McCanns over story which wrongly claimed evidence was withheld from police

PressGazette
William Turvill
19 September 2014

Possible Action Against The Times - Page 13 McCanns

The parents of missing child Madeleine McCann have sued The Sunday Times for libel over a story which they said gave the impression they had hindered the investigation into her disappearance.

According to publisher News UK the claim has been settled.

Kate and Gerry McCann took issue with a front-page story from last year, which the couple said suggested they had kept "secret from investigating authorities a crucial piece of evidence concerning the disappearance of their daughter".

In addition to the article, which was published on 27 October and remained online until 8 November, the McCanns also made reference to readers' comments left on the article - in High Court papers seen by Press Gazette.

The story, for which the paper apologised on 28 December, said: “The critical new evidence at the centre of Scotland Yard’s search for Madeleine McCann was kept secret for five years after it was presented to her parents by ex-MI5 investigators.”

The title reported that an intelligence report produced for the McCanns contained “crucial E-Fits” of a man who was identified as the prime suspect last year. The paper said that the “McCanns and their advisers sidelined the report and threatened to sue its authors if they divulged its contents”.

The Insight story also quoted a source close to the McCanns as saying that the report was “hyper-critical of the people involved”.

In their claim form, in which they were claiming unspecified damages, the McCanns said that the story was understood to mean that they had hindered "the search for [Madeleine] and the investigation into her disappearance by allowing the trail to go cold".

They said that the story led to them having “suffered serious damage to their reputations and severe embarrassment and distress”.

They also claimed that the paper's Insight team, which wrote the story, had not told their spokesman the full extent of the allegations which were to be made against them.

The McCanns also said that the story did not include several points made to Insight by their spokesman. They said this denied them "a proper opportunity to inform the readers of The Sunday Times of the falsity of the allegations against them".

On 1 November, the couple sent editor Martin Ivens an email headed: “Complaint letter – urgent”.

They said that the email, outlining what was wrong with the story with a “detailed rebuttal”, was responded to by executive editor Bob Tyrer six days later.

The McCanns said in their claim form that he told them “we could have made some facts clearer in the story” and that “we could have published more of your pre-publication statement” but largely rejected their complaint.

They said Tyrer offered them “three limited revisions” to the online article, publication of the statement from their spokesman and “an extremely limited” clarification in the corrections and clarifications column.

On 8 November Gerry McCann wrote back noting his disappointment that the article remained online and he pointed to the readers’ comments below.

The McCanns then consulted lawyers Carter Ruck, who wrote to The Sunday Times on 15 November “with proposed wording for an apology”.

The Sunday Times published the following apology on 28 December:

In articles dated October 27 ("Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years" and "Investigators had E-Fits five years ago", News) we referred to efits which were included in a report prepared by private investigators for the McCanns and the Fund in 2008. We accept that the articles may have been understood to suggest that the McCanns had withheld information from the authorities. This was not the case. We now understand and accept that the efits had been provided to the Portuguese and Leicestershire police by October 2009. We also understand that a copy of the final report including the efits was passed to the Metropolitan police in August 2011, shortly after it commenced its review. We apologise for the distress caused."
garfy

Activity : 248

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.09.14 16:04

In articles dated October 27 ("Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years" and "Investigators had E-Fits five years ago", News) we referred to efits which were included in a report prepared by private investigators for the McCanns and the Fund in 2008. We accept that the articles may have been understood to suggest that the McCanns had withheld information from the authorities. This was not the case. We now understand and accept that the efits had been provided to the Portuguese and Leicestershire police by October 2009. We also understand that a copy of the final report including the efits was passed to the Metropolitan police in August 2011, shortly after it commenced its review. We apologise for the distress caused."

Mmmm..... the bolded part is surely unnecessary?

They passed them in 2009.. so they also passed them again in2011?

If I was The Times I'd be asking more questions about 2009 and the context.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dont Make Me Laff 19.09.14 17:54

I'm lost 'ere - I thought they held on to the e-fits for 5 years?
If so, then what else would one call "with-holding evidence"
??

If you have information and don't give it to the investigating team, then surely that's called with-holding evidence?

IOW - if I knew of something that could help the investigation but chose to with-hold it KNOWING it would hinder the case, what would happen to me? surely I would be done for with-holding information?
Oh hold on...... silly me.... that's the Mc's all over......

Withold evidence such as 48 questions
e-fits
DNA
cooperation
the list goes on
Dont Make Me Laff
Dont Make Me Laff

Activity : 338

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid 19.09.14 18:10

The Sunday Times published the following apology on 28 December:

But that's still a year of holding onto the efits before they we're sent to the actual police.

So what I understand is that they actively watch the Internet for negative comments and respond accordingly. If they're happy with the Times apology then I can still see a delay from 2008 to 2009 before the efits were sent to Leicester / PJ. Maybe there's an explanation for that delay. dance

"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency
SixMillionQuid
SixMillionQuid

Activity : 445

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc 19.09.14 18:46

I've not read this thread yet but just noticed this on twitter...

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/sunday-times-sued-mccanns-over-story-which-wrongly-claimed-evidence-was-withheld-police
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc

Activity : 953

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 19.09.14 20:30

whatsupdoc wrote:I've not read this thread yet but just noticed this on twitter...

Yes, still a year or possibly more. And how did they "hand it over" to Police in 2009. Was it buried in some obscure file dump along with 500MB of other material? There are ways of hiding things while appearing to be co-operative.

In such circumstances it seems odd in the extreme if you didn't hand over the E fits within a few days with a red exclamation on the E mail and something in bold saying "This could be important" - because the McCanns had no reason to think it was unimportant.
Okeydokey

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top