The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar Mm11

Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar Mm11

Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar Regist10

Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar Empty Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar

Post by ufercoffy 04.03.10 11:55

Posted by Majic on Justatwats:

Gerry spoke in Madrid at a Bar Association which it looks like Carter Ruck were involved with, at least two of them appear with Gerry on stage including Adam Tudor.

The links to the five videos pull from the Raptors server and are well worth a watch, especially I think the third one since websites, forums and other things are discussed. The Foundation gets a name check of course.

Conference Video 1

Conference Video 2

Conference Video 3

Conference Video 4

Conference Video 5

Alternatively you can watch the streaming video here on Raptors

The streams do require Windows Media Player and do not appear to be compatible with Macs and the Safari browser - sorry Mac users, will work on getting that problem fixed.

You'll have to go to the JATYK forum to click on the linky's.

http://justathoughtyouknow.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=guests&action=display&thread=383
ufercoffy
ufercoffy

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar Empty Re: Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar

Post by jmbd 04.03.10 12:05

Wow - Gerry and CR speaking on the same platform - two red rags to a bull !
jmbd

Activity : 588

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar Empty Re: Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar

Post by hedge 04.03.10 12:13

This is a fascinating talk/debate actually, thanks for bringing it!
hedge

Activity : 320

Back to top Go down

Post by bunnie1 04.03.10 12:29

Sulking - it kept stopping drove me nuts pressing the play button constantly -gave up.
bunnie1

Activity : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny 04.03.10 12:30

Did you try the alternative link?
bunny

Activity : 343

Back to top Go down

Post by bunnie1 04.03.10 12:39

No - What other link? If I have to go to Chaos I don't have his link.
bunnie1

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 04.03.10 12:46

I couldn't get the Raptors link to work. When did this talk take place?
ufercoffy
ufercoffy

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny 04.03.10 13:47

Right, there is the list and then below is a live streaming link. I havent tried it but give it a go. take it from here though
http://justathoughtyouknow.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=guests&action=display&thread=383

Sorry for the late reply....I've been listening.

What gerry states makes absolutely perfect sense. The reasoning behind the way they made plans about what they needed from the press.

As for the Lady Journalist who asked about internet sites like the Madeleine foundation and the 3as, well.....Adam Tudor got that one perfectly. Cranks!!!

couldnt talk too much about it though as there are a couple of sites (no names mentioned) that they are in the process of dealing with.
bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny 04.03.10 14:08

Just found this Bunnie1
The streams do require Windows Media Player and do not appear to be compatible with Macs and the Safari browser - sorry Mac users, will work on getting that problem fixed
bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby 04.03.10 14:54

But what about Gerry's speech at the CEOP meeting?

Surely as it was bound to have received a standing ovation we should all be able to share in his triumph?

Where can it be seen in all its magnificence, please?
Ruby
Ruby

Activity : 704

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 04.03.10 15:10

On a first hearing of Dr Gerald McCann's speech, the fascination with his fame and fortune came across...

"This was the most vile media reporting in the history of the British media..." plus references to TV shows, Harry Potter & J K Rowling, the media frenzy, and then to his £550,000 from Express Newspapers...

One thing I didn't realise was that the £550,000 from the Express Newspapers was only part of the total award (listen to the tape); other newspaper groups paid sums...so maybe the total was £1 million or more. On the tape Dr McCann says, maybe a bit wistfully, "Our Q.C. advised us that if we had not have settled, the final damages award could have been much higher".

The references to taking advice from 'Crisis Management Experts' right from the word 'go' were very interesting.

As was the reference to the former Chief Constable of Leicestershire Police, Matt Baggott (now Head of the Police Service of Northern Ireland) contacting all the newspapers to 'urge restraint'.

And the reference by one speaker to "Claimant-friendly U.K. libel law".

Hmmm, I know.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge 04.03.10 15:46

I think we are all a bit fascinated as to how it came to be that anyone could interpret the family of a missing child, victims of a horrible crime as wannabe celebs, were treated as though they were z listers, as if by asking for our help this meant it was open season, they could be treated as though they were Jordan or the latest Big Brother winner or wags or somesuch. At what point did it become the norm that anyone in the news, even victims of crime, or wives of MPs (never seems to happen to husbands of mps in quite the same way) become 'celebrities'? It defies belief, no wonder Mr McCann seems baffled by it.
hedge

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar Empty Dr Gerald McCann attack The Madeleine Foundation

Post by Tony Bennett 04.03.10 15:54

The Madeleine Foundation gets a couple of mentions on Videotape 3 at 17 minutes onwards, along with the 3 Arguidos.

It's in the context of an attack by Dr Gerald McCann on the 'cranks' on the internet who write 'rubbish'. However, he dismisses all this by saying 'we try to ignore them because it's only 200 or so people trying to make a name for themselves and talking to themselves which doesn't concern us'.

The body language of the bloke next to McCann, on his right - MANN - is at this point very interesting.

Then Adam Tudor (on Dr G McCann's left) with maximum gravitas chimes in with several solemn intonations about 'ongoing actions', claiming that some of them have met with 'some success'.

He's not wrong there.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by bunnie1 04.03.10 15:58

I think I'll wait until I've watched it before I comment.

People, well The Bar must think he has something important to say or they wouldn't have invited him would they?

Or are they in on it too?
bunnie1

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge 04.03.10 15:58

Tony Bennett wrote:The Madeleine Foundation gets a couple of mentions on Videotape 3 at 17 minutes onwards, along with the 3 Arguidos.

It's in the context of an attack by Dr Gerald McCann on the 'cranks' on the internet who write 'rubbish'. However, he dismisses all this by saying 'we try to ignore them because it's only 200 or so people trying to make a name for themselves and talking to themselves which doesn't concern us'.

The body language of the bloke next to McCann, on his right - MANN - is at this point very interesting.

Then Adam Tudor (on Dr G McCann's left) with maximum gravitas chimes in with several solemn intonations about 'ongoing actions', claiming that some of them have met with 'some success'.

He's not wrong there.

Point is they are all equally repulsed by it.
hedge

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 04.03.10 16:21

bunnie1 wrote:I think I'll wait until I've watched it before I comment.

People, well The Bar must think he has something important to say or they wouldn't have invited him would they?

Or are they in on it too?

Interesting how McCann bangs on about protecting the twins' privacy whilst not giving 2 hoots about the privacy of the little girl from Dunedin who was mistakenly identified as Madeleine.

Posted on Joana's site:

NZHerald

Family of Madeleine lookalike have right to privacy, police say

4:00 AM Friday Mar 5, 2010

Madeleine McCann. Photo / Supplied

Image that focused international attention on Dunedin was not of missing British girl

Dunedin police have moved to protect the privacy of a family group mistakenly identified with missing British girl Madeleine McCann.

Acting Southern District Commander Inspector Dave Campbell said last night a child identified by a former Warehouse checkout operator in South Dunedin was not Madeleine, and asked that media stop running an image of the family group she was seen with.

"We ask that media outlets remove the image portraying the child and family from their coverage including websites to protect the privacy of the family," Mr Campbell said.

The girl in the image had been positively identified as not Madeleine.

The identification claim resulted in the international media spotlight focusing on Dunedin as interest was revived in the disappearance of 4-year-old Madeleine in Portugal in May 2007.

Meanwhile, further possible sightings of the girl in Dunedin and Otago have surfaced, with a couple "80 per cent confident" they saw her last August.

Balclutha couple Michael Griffiths and Mary Habib said yesterday they believe they twice saw a girl resembling Madeleine on the morning of August 6 in Dunedin and nearby Milton in the afternoon. The girl was with a man aged between 35 and 40.

They reported the sightings to Balclutha police later that night.

Mr Griffiths and the police also notified the official Madeleine McCann website, http://www.findmadeleine.com.

Mr Griffiths said yesterday no reply had been received from police or the website.

A Balclutha police spokesman confirmed yesterday police had investigated the sightings, with the information forwarded to Dunedin police.

"I am 80 per cent confident it was her," Mr Griffiths said.

"I am 80 per cent-plus," Ms Habib said.

Police confirmed there have been several other sightings of Madeleine in Otago, but declined to release that information.

The Otago Daily Times understands sightings of Madeleine in Alexandra and Queenstown have been reported to police.

- OTAGO DAILY TIMES
Autumn

Activity : 2903

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar Empty Oprah

Post by Tony Bennett 04.03.10 16:30

hedge wrote:I think we are all a bit fascinated as to how it came to be that anyone could interpret the family of a missing child, victims of a horrible crime as wannabe celebs, were treated as though they were z listers...no wonder Mr McCann seems baffled by it.
The Oprah Winfrey Show?
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge 04.03.10 16:40

Tony Bennett wrote:
hedge wrote:I think we are all a bit fascinated as to how it came to be that anyone could interpret the family of a missing child, victims of a horrible crime as wannabe celebs, were treated as though they were z listers...no wonder Mr McCann seems baffled by it.
The Oprah Winfrey Show?

Are you trying to suggest that if someone goes on the Oprah show they are, by definition, z list celebs ripe for being ripped apart by tabloids for money?
hedge

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 04.03.10 16:44

Been a long time since I've watched Oprah, but she used to deal mainly with human interest stories, not celebs, in fact celebs tended only to be on there for one off specials.

I thought you didn't have a TV Mr Bennett? You must have a whole Oprah back catalogue to catch up on. :)

Activity : 2015

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar Empty Convenient - a 'first' for Leicestershire Police

Post by Tony Bennett 04.03.10 17:04

hedge wrote:Are you trying to suggest that if someone goes on the Oprah show they are, by definition, z list celebs ripe for being ripped apart by tabloids for money?
No.

It was an attractive contract for both sides between Oprah and the McCanns. No doubt the contract terms dealt with what questions could and couldn't be asked. A new PayPal donation button in dollars was added to the McCanns' 'Find Madeleine' site 48 hours before the show was aired. The dollar button and all the other PayPal buttons for the past two-and-half-years have conveniently been just one click away for anybody visiting the Leicestershire Constabulary website.

The strapline of the Leics Constabulary is "Providing a second to none police service".

I'd agree with that. So far as I'm aware, it's the first occasion in world history that someone who has been a suspect in a serious crime has been offered a police website that links in to the suspect's fund-raising website and explicitly directs site visitors not to the police but to the suspect's private detectives.

No wonder Matt Baggott got promoted.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath 04.03.10 17:07

What's wrong with having a Paypal button?
You had a PayPal button on the old MF site.
You're trying to get a Paypal button on the new site.
PJGA's got a Paypal button on their site.
Though that still seems to be blocked by Paypal.
Cath

Activity : 626

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar Empty Spare time

Post by Tony Bennett 04.03.10 17:11

vaguely1 wrote:I thought you didn't have a TV Mr Bennett?
I don't. It leaves so much time for other activities.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny 04.03.10 17:14

Hey we could all club together to buy you one laughat
bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge 04.03.10 17:17

Tony Bennett wrote:
hedge wrote:Are you trying to suggest that if someone goes on the Oprah show they are, by definition, z list celebs ripe for being ripped apart by tabloids for money?
No.

It was an attractive contract for both sides between Oprah and the McCanns. No doubt the contract terms dealt with what questions could and couldn't be asked. A new PayPal donation button in dollars was added to the McCanns' 'Find Madeleine' site 48 hours before the show was aired. The dollar button and all the other PayPal buttons for the past two-and-half-years have conveniently been just one click away for anybody visiting the Leicestershire Constabulary website.

The strapline of the Leics Constabulary is "Providing a second to none police service".

I'd agree with that. So far as I'm aware, it's the first occasion in world history that someone who has been a suspect in a serious crime has been offered a police website that links in to the suspect's fund-raising website and explicitly directs site visitors not to the police but to the suspect's private detectives.

No wonder Matt Baggott got promoted.

Sorry you have lost me, you seem to have changed the subject somewhat I was expressing surprise that anyone thinks that the victims of a crime, however high profile, are celebrities and should be treated as though they are seeking fame and fortune for themselves, they have always been very clear and consistent that they go through these uncomfortable media processes because their child is still missing and needs to be found.

I have no idea what you are now on about re: police website's and suspects etc?
hedge

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann speaks at the International Bar Empty Limelight

Post by Tony Bennett 04.03.10 17:23

hedge wrote:...I was expressing surprise that anyone thinks that the victims of a crime, however high profile, are celebrities and should be treated as though they are seeking fame and fortune for themselves, they have always been very clear and consistent that they go through these uncomfortable media processes because their child is still missing...
Do they enjoy the limelight?

Or shy away from it?

Do they court the limelight?

Or avoid it?
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: