The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support?

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support?

Post by Guest on 12.09.11 14:50

tigger wrote:2007 was the year the banks started to crumble. Anybody in the know would have tried to safeguard themselves in some way quite early.
The Landsbanki connection and Naylor in particular are certainly of interest linked to an accidental Oppenheim.

?? you have lost me there, what do you mean !!

Landsbanki went spectacularly bust didn't it? I'll have to look it up.
I think it's perfectly possible that some industrial/finance people came together, although it beats me why there? But I still think that the T9 are way too small fry for big boys like that. If you're going to use corruption, it's better to use people with power and influence.
They also had their children with them, wouldn't it have been better to use the golf weekends?

Not really, as not everyone, especially women play golf. Although I do think that week was chosen because of a big game of golf. One guest in particular, Donald Booker-Milburn, is a serious golfing enthusiast. He even wrote an article on Royal Dornoch once.

Mind you, I think the letter from whathisname Edward.. stinks. Badly written too. Somebody lean on him?
I also wouldn't be surprised to find that the Oppenheimers live relatively sober lives. Very rich people often do. I had a couple of millionaire friends who just loved to get a bargain of any kind and hardly ever ate out!
Perhaps this is why Margaret Hodge nee Oppenheimer, got into politics.

But shouldn't we have seen something in the T7 coming out? anyone getting richer or getting yummy jobs?
No. We need everything to be kept hush, hush for now. As we wouldn't like to jeopardise a fair hearing one day, now would we.

avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Stella

Post by tigger on 12.09.11 15:28

http://www.lbi.is/

Above is the landsbanki site, they are bust and winding up in November it seems. And! wasn't Nick Clegg working for them once? I think his Daddy got him the job.

I meant the 'accidentally there' Oppenheimer as in accidentally on purpose?

If they're so fond of golf, they would go there quite often perhaps? Like Gerry, who'd already been there a couple of times on his own.

There may have been a meeting as you say, but perhaps just between some top finance people who were in the know about the sinking ship of finance. 2007 was also the year of Lehman brothers, it was a desperate year for any financier. They would have known well in advance of us.
If there was going to be publicity, it would be quite understandable the Oppenheimer (forgot his name Edward...) got out immediately. He didn't want it known that he was there in the company of others like Naylor. But clearly the abduction was a surprise for him and that's why he's backing them up.
No more questions,police know all, perfectly upright nice people, very sad.
I would think that any connection with Landsbanki CO might be very incriminating.
So you may well still be on to something really interesting, I just don't think the T9 are at all connected.
When did Naylor leave? Early too, because I think he and Gerry were acquaintanted or perhaps both masons, he may even had his daughter signed in instead of Maddie. Gerry could have dreamt up some reason. But if he also got out as fast as he could, that's very interesting but probably nothing to do with Maddie.
Wow Stella, what if you revealed the deal of the century between financiers to save their fortunes from the crisis!
Sorry, but I don't think these T9 are players in that sort of game. Not even small fry.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support?

Post by Guest on 12.09.11 15:50

tigger wrote:http://www.lbi.is/

Above is the landsbanki site, they are bust and winding up in November it seems. And! wasn't Nick Clegg working for them once? I think his Daddy got him the job.

I meant the 'accidentally there' Oppenheimer as in accidentally on purpose?
Yes, being in the right place at the wrong time.
If they're so fond of golf, they would go there quite often perhaps? Like Gerry, who'd already been there a couple of times on his own. Exactly !! but I think Gerry had been there once before, not twice ??

There may have been a meeting as you say, but perhaps just between some top finance people who were in the know

Yes and all the rest got a free ride so to speak. It would also explain Gerry's "I'm not here to enjoy myself" comment, as he was quite possibly there on business. about the sinking ship of finance. 2007 was also the year of Lehman brothers, it was a desperate year for any financier. They would have known well in advance of us.
If there was going to be publicity, it would be quite understandable the Oppenheimer (forgot his name Edward...) Philip Edmonds got out immediately. He didn't want it known that he was there in the company of others like Naylor. But clearly the abduction was a surprise for him and that's why he's backing them up. Agree.
No more questions,police know all, perfectly upright nice people, very sad.
I would think that any connection with Landsbanki CO might be very incriminating.
So you may well still be on to something really interesting, I just don't think the T9 are at all connected. That depends on the actual connection. It might have been business, it might have been acquaintances, or even pleasure. One thing is for sure, there were far to many Doctors all in the one resort for something not connected to anything medical.
When did Naylor leave? Early too, that we do not yet know.

because I think he and Gerry were acquaintanted or perhaps both masons, he may even had his daughter signed in instead of Maddie. That's what the creche sheets look like happened, but until they have been forensically examined by a handwriting expert, we cannot say for sure.

Gerry could have dreamt up some reason. But if he also got out as fast as he could, that's very interesting but probably nothing to do with Maddie. There is nothing to suggest Naylor did leave early, but seeing as Edmonds didn't check out properly before he left, maybe Naylor did the same thing ??
Wow Stella, what if you revealed the deal of the century between financiers to save their fortunes from the crisis!

There has been a team of people working in the background on all of this information, they also deserve a big thumbs up.
Sorry, but I don't think these T9 are players in that sort of game. Not even small fry.

Maybe they were there for the first round of introductions or some kind of team building exercise?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support?

Post by Cheshire Cat on 12.09.11 15:54

Out of high season Algarve is a popular conference venue. The Ocean Club is an ideal choice with its meeting room, excellent facilities and golf courses close by.

It seems reasonable to suggest that Weinberger may have chaired a meeting, the purpose of which was to discuss the technical, commercial and financial feasibility of a project that applied military knowledge / technology within the realm of health care.

As I posted earlier, Paul Weinberger, employed by Enigma Diagnostics in 2007, had a leading role in the Ranger Consortium. This was a flagship project, (a ‘Bird flu’ diagnostic device with the potential to reduce the severity of an outbreak of the human form of the virus) that was submitted to the EU in April 2007 and was awarded three million euro’s in funding later that year.

I suspect that the project discussed at the Ocean Club may have been for something else as the funding for the Ranger Consortium was from the EU.

As former chair of BIVDA and with his contacts I think Paul Weinberger qualifies for VIP status among the group at the Ocean Club. With Madeleine disappearing in mysterious circumstances and the threat of a media circus descending on Praia Da Luz perhaps the crisis control people would be called in to minimise the risk to personal and corporate reputations ?

Along with Philip Edmonds we see some very well connected, wealthy and powerful people at the Ocean Club that week.

Note: Enigma Diagnostics is part owned by the MoD and the success of Enigma is highlighted in the 2007/08 report and accounts.
avatar
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Posts : 676
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support?

Post by Guest on 12.09.11 16:02

Swine flu scare = big money for pharmaceutical companies. All paid for by the Governments and passed onto the tax payer.

It's win, win, win, all the way to the banks.............
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support?

Post by Guest on 12.09.11 16:08

Cheshire Cat wrote:Out of high season Algarve is a popular conference venue. The Ocean Club is an ideal choice with its meeting room, excellent facilities and golf courses close by.
A conference room near by, child care taken care of during the day, what a perfect combination !!
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support?

Post by Guest on 12.09.11 16:11

Cheshire Cat wrote:
Note: Enigma Diagnostics is part owned by the MoD and the success of Enigma is highlighted in the 2007/08 report and accounts.
Which would be another good reason for Government intervention.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support?

Post by Cheshire Cat on 12.09.11 16:41

Stella wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:
Note: Enigma Diagnostics is part owned by the MoD and the success of Enigma is highlighted in the 2007/08 report and accounts.
Which would be another good reason for Government intervention.


Paul Weinberger was Director for Clinical Development at Enigma Diagnostics back in May 2007.
Enigma Diagnostics is highlighted in the DSTL accounts for 07/08. DSTL is MoD. Check out page 17 and page 37 para (e):
http://www.dstl.gov.uk/downloads/annual_reports_accounts08.pdf
Also note 11:

Enigma Diagnostics Limited remains as the only joint venture where the Trading Fund [i.e. DSTL] has some direct ownership of all beneficial interests.

Joint venture Enigma Diagnostics Ltd Great Britain 17.0% Ordinary of 10p/ 30 Apr 2007 1.1 (5.3) R&D
avatar
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Posts : 676
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support?

Post by aspiedistra on 12.09.11 16:58

Tony Bennett wrote:Look at the shadows on both Dr Gerald McCann and Madeleine and it's clear (whether the photo is photoshopped or not) that both individuals were photographed close to noon. In late April the sun has not yet reached its zenith by some way - that comes of course around 21 June. I have to say that if indeed the photo was taken 2.5 hours after noon AND nearly two months before the summer solstice then quite frankly the shadows on both Dr McCann and Madeleine look suspiciously short.

I think the sun is highest in the sky in Praia da Luz is at 1:35pm in the summer.
avatar
aspiedistra

Posts : 23
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support?

Post by Cheshire Cat on 13.09.11 1:00

Cheshire Cat wrote:The presence of Weinberger suggests to me that the meeting was not to resurrect the Pathways bid but rather to discuss an innovative product.

How would Lady Margaret Hodge's nephew, Philip Martin Edmonds, one of the 11-strong members of the Board of Directors of the world's largest steel firm, Stemor Ltd., fit into this scenario? (if at all?)
Edmonds could possibly fit this scenario because he may have been able to advise on the feasibility / availability of using / sourcing suitable materials to be used in the potential mass production of diagnostic equipment.

Tecan (Swiss company) are manufacturing the Flu diagnostic equipment for Enigma. The business case for this project was submitted to the EU in April 2007 by the Enigma (Weinberger)-led 'Ranger Consortium'.

I don't know if the Flu diagnostic project was on the agenda at the Ocean Club but it could have been something similar. I can imagine a meeting chaired by Weinberger and sat around the table the key players: health care experts, point-of-care representatives e.g. GP's, Venture Capitalist and Financial modeling expert.

Worth noting that Zug, Switzerland is Stentors European hub for stainless steel.
avatar
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Posts : 676
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Ocean Club as a Venue

Post by Cheshire Cat on 13.09.11 8:16

Regarding the Ocean Club as a suitable venue, I have refined my thinking slightly regarding the classification of the meeting. Perhaps not a secret meeting (as in UK Government Classification) but a meeting where commercially sensitive discussions were taking place about applying defence research / knowledge in the clinical field. The Ocean club providing a stimulating and attractive venue for such a meeting.

Never the less, there were some big reputations, corporate and personal, present at the Ocean Club and they could do without being associated with one of the most high profile missing children cases EVER!
avatar
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Posts : 676
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support?

Post by Guest on 13.09.11 8:54

I have often wondered about the picture of Gerry standing beside the note board. There was many pages that had been flipped over the top to get to the page we actually saw. Maybe the note board was the one used for ongoing discussions that week.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support?

Post by ShrinkingViolet on 13.09.11 11:20

So to summarise in a nutshell the direction this thread has taken.



It could be possible that the reason that the McCanns have been so extraordinarily protected is because their trip to PDL wasn't a family holiday. That was a disguise for a meeting between various parties with interest in the steel, medical and manufacturing industries.

ShrinkingViolet

Posts : 19
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support?

Post by Guest on 13.09.11 11:27

ShrinkingViolet wrote:It could be possible that the reason that the McCanns have been so extraordinarily protected is because their trip to PDL wasn't a family holiday. That was a disguise for a meeting between various parties with interest in the steel, medical and manufacturing industries.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support?

Post by Guest on 13.09.11 11:51

Cheshire Cat wrote:Paul Weinberger was Director for Clinical Development at Enigma Diagnostics back in May 2007.
Enigma Diagnostics is highlighted in the DSTL accounts for 07/08. DSTL is MoD. Check out page 17 and page 37 para (e):
http://www.dstl.gov.uk/downloads/annual_reports_accounts08.pdf
Weinberger was in block 4, along with some other persons of interest.

26/04-05/05 G4B Beverley Ann Carruthers

06/05-12/05 G4B PSICOLOGO/Martin J Alderton

28/04-05/05 G4I Sandra Bowness

21/04-05/05 G4J Jayne Marie Jensen

21/04-12/05 G4J Jensen/Wiltshire

28/04-05/05 G4L Jeni Weinburger

29/04-12/05 G4M Julian Edward Bartran Totman

26/04-05/05 G4N Naylor (owner booking)

28/04-05/05 G4O Bridget O’Donnell & Jeremy Wilkins
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support?

Post by Cheshire Cat on 13.09.11 11:54

Stella wrote:
ShrinkingViolet wrote:It could be possible that the reason that the McCanns have been so extraordinarily protected is because their trip to PDL wasn't a family holiday. That was a disguise for a meeting between various parties with interest in the steel, medical and manufacturing industries.

Assuming there was a meeting...

Another party with an interest in that group, via Enigma Diagnostics and the NHS, would be the British Government.

The 'family holiday' a smoke screen which would play better with the public rather than the scenario of a child being left without a baby sitter because of a corporate 'jolly'. Did the business meeting ever go ahead or was there a tragic incident early on causing those first few days to be dominated by the crisis control people?
avatar
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Posts : 676
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support?

Post by Guest on 13.09.11 12:04

Cheshire Cat wrote:

The 'family holiday' a smoke screen which would play better with the public rather than the scenario of a child being left without a baby sitter because of a corporate 'jolly'. Did the business meeting ever go ahead or was there a tragic incident early on causing those first few days to be dominated by the crisis control people?
A corporate jolly is exactly what I think that was and most probably the reason why the PJ wanted to see who paid for all the accomodation. The PJ really needed to look at ALL the bookings that week, to see who else was in the 'wider agenda' group.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

IT WAS A HOLIDAY, IT WAS A HOLIDAY, IT WAS A HOLIDAY (ok?)

Post by Cheshire Cat on 13.09.11 12:29

Stella wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:

The 'family holiday' a smoke screen which would play better with the public rather than the scenario of a child being left without a baby sitter because of a corporate 'jolly'. Did the business meeting ever go ahead or was there a tragic incident early on causing those first few days to be dominated by the crisis control people?
A corporate jolly is exactly what I think that was and most probably the reason why the PJ wanted to see who paid for all the accomodation. The PJ really needed to look at ALL the bookings that week, to see who else was in the 'wider agenda' group.
This well known article from Bridget O'Donnell seems to be written in order to paint the picture of NHS Doctors on a typical family holiday.
Full of all the right images and impressions that will resonate with middle class Brits.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2007/dec/14/ukcrime.madeleinemccann
avatar
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Posts : 676
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support?

Post by Guest on 13.09.11 12:38


Some of the parents were in a larger group. Most of them worked for the NHS and had met many years before in Leicestershire. Now they lived in different parts of the UK, and this holiday was their opportunity to catch up, to introduce their children, to reunite. They booked a large table every night in the Tapas. We called them "the Doctors". Sometimes we would sit out on our balcony and their laughter would float up around us. One man was the joker. He had a loud Glaswegian accent. He was Gerry McCann. He played tennis with Jes.



We had booked a table for two at Tapas and were placed next to the Doctors' regular table. One by one, they started to arrive. The men came first. Gerry McCann started chatting across to Jes about tennis.

This contradicts David Payne's testimony, he claimed that he arrived at the same time as Fiona and his mother.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support?

Post by Guest on 13.09.11 12:44

Cheshire Cat wrote:
This well known article from Bridget O'Donnell seems to be written in order to paint the picture of NHS Doctors on a typical family holiday.
I agree and this is backed up by her other comment about having all met many years before and this is the reason they were all there, to catch up.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support?

Post by ShrinkingViolet on 13.09.11 12:50

Cheshire Cat wrote:
Stella wrote:
ShrinkingViolet wrote:It could be possible that the reason that the McCanns have been so extraordinarily protected is because their trip to PDL wasn't a family holiday. That was a disguise for a meeting between various parties with interest in the steel, medical and manufacturing industries.

Assuming there was a meeting...

Another party with an interest in that group, via Enigma Diagnostics and the NHS, would be the British Government.

The 'family holiday' a smoke screen which would play better with the public rather than the scenario of a child being left without a baby sitter because of a corporate 'jolly'. Did the business meeting ever go ahead or was there a tragic incident early on causing those first few days to be dominated by the crisis control people?



Why go on to create the humungous publicity band wagon though, if they were trying to keep it all hush-hush?



With THIS scenario, they already had the willing help of some powerful business men and government. They didn't need to make themselves into VIPs in order to get the money and generate the celebrity in order to get support from govt?



Please don't get me wrong, I am very interested in what's been uncovered in this thread. Well done everyone involved, keep digging away for the truth. And, it is clear from the Ambassadorial help that Amaral talks of in his books that from the very, very start, the McCanns were being protected. But I'm scratching my head here, trying to understand why Oppenheimer or Margaret Hodge or anyone else would think that the blanket coverage of Maddie on the news or the setting up of the Fund was a GOOD idea.



Unless of course it was part of the idea and related to Masonichip or some such.



http://www.masonichip.org/index.php/for-parents.html

ShrinkingViolet

Posts : 19
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support?

Post by Guest on 13.09.11 13:04

[quote="ShrinkingViolet"]
Unless of course it was part of the idea and related to Masonichip or some such.
http://www.masonichip.org/index.php/for-parents.html[/quote]

avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support?

Post by Guest on 13.09.11 13:36

ShrinkingViolet wrote:I'm scratching my head here, trying to understand why Oppenheimer or Margaret Hodge or anyone else would think that the blanket coverage of Maddie on the news or the setting up of the Fund was a GOOD idea.
It has taken over 4 years to truly uncover both of these names. You have to remember the fund and celebrity status started immediately. At that time no one anticipated the Portuguese Police releasing names on guest lists, which is how we know who was out there. Unfortunately the Oppenheimer name is so well researched, it is documented on many ancestry sites. Margaret Hodge could never have known this would come out, because no one anticipated the release of the OC daily printouts.

Pandora is out of the box and there is no going back, so the charade has to go on to keep up the pretence.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support?

Post by Guest on 13.09.11 13:44

Important people working for important companies, with reputations, potential big financial projects and private properties to protect. It's no wonder the Government got involved.

The big question is, at what point did they first get involved?

1. before May 3rd

2. on May 3rd

3. or after May 3rd
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum