The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine McCann's parents given fresh hope after Brit girl reunited 53 years on Mm11

Madeleine McCann's parents given fresh hope after Brit girl reunited 53 years on Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine McCann's parents given fresh hope after Brit girl reunited 53 years on Mm11

Madeleine McCann's parents given fresh hope after Brit girl reunited 53 years on Regist10

Madeleine McCann's parents given fresh hope after Brit girl reunited 53 years on

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madeleine McCann's parents given fresh hope after Brit girl reunited 53 years on Empty Madeleine McCann's parents given fresh hope after Brit girl reunited 53 years on

Post by Jill Havern 07.10.22 6:57

Madeleine McCann's parents given fresh hope after Brit girl reunited 53 years on

Madeleine McCann's parents have been given fresh hope after a woman was reunited with her family 53 years after she had first been abducted, with their search finally coming to an end

Jerry Lawton
  • 21:40, 6 OCT 2022

Madeleine McCann's parents given fresh hope after Brit girl reunited 53 years on 0_PAY-GMN_SUSAN_GERVAISE_01JPG
Susan Gervaise has been reunited with her family 53 years after she was kidnapped by gypsies

Madeleine McCann’s parents were given fresh hope she may be found after a British girl stolen by travellers was reunited with her family 53 years on.

Susan Gervaise, then four, vanished in 1969 when a traveller family offered to take her on holiday to Disneyland, California, US, with their children - and never brought her back.

She was taken to Canada, Australia and New Zealand by her new "mum and dad" who lied they had adopted her.

Her UK family spent five decades desperately searching for her, and they have now been reunited after Susan’s husband posted an appeal on Facebook in Australia.

Within 30 minutes her relatives in Pontefract, West Yorks, quickly found out about it and responded, with Susan now reunited with her four siblings.

The mum-of-three spoke out to give hope to other relatives of missing children such as the McCanns whose daughter Madeleine vanished aged three on holiday in Portugal in 2007.

Susan, who lives in Australia and herself has four grandchildren, said: "As a child I lived with my six siblings in an old vicarage on a traveller's site. We weren’t travellers.

"My mum was on her own and we were all in and out of foster care. I was befriended by a couple on the site who were from Scotland, the woman, who I call my mum, had MS and they had two sons. I think they wanted a girl.

"They asked my mum if they could take me to Disney World and she gave them my birth certificate so I could be put on their passport. Instead, they took me to Canada, then Australia and later New Zealand."

Susan, whose family surname is Preece, was told she had been put for adoption after her biological parents disowned her.

She added: "I lived with the travelling community and lived a cherished life where I was spoiled rotten. My mum died from MS when I was 10, but even then, being raised in the hub of a travelling community I was very loved.

"I have always been happy growing up. I travelled the world.

Susan, who runs the Fresh Start Mission charity with her traveller husband Hamilton, 57, found out the truth when she needed to upgrade her passport and could not trace any evidence of an adoption.

Susan added: "The enormity of what happened to me didn’t hit me. I just carried on with my life. It was only when somebody who was adopted asked me what my family back in the UK would be feeling and that was a lightbulb moment for me.

"When I spoke to my family they were crying hysterically because I was alive."

She timed her visit to the UK to meet them with her 57th birthday so she could throw a party with her family. Tragically her biological mum died eight years ago without knowing her daughter was safe.

Susan said: "To this day we don’t know why the police were never involved. I'm thinking it must have been because my mum gave them permission to take me and the fact we were in and out of foster care.

"But there have been several appeals through Missing Persons over the years and my mum continually returned to the traveller’s site after moving away to look for me. There is hope."

Madeleine’s parents Gerry and Kate were unavailable for comment yesterday.

But a source close to the family said: "They have always said that until they are faced with incontrovertible evidence to the contrary they will continue to believe Madeleine could still be alive and they may one day be reunited with her."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/madeleine-mccanns-parents-given-fresh-28174450

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41597

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann's parents given fresh hope after Brit girl reunited 53 years on Empty Re: Madeleine McCann's parents given fresh hope after Brit girl reunited 53 years on

Post by Guest 07.10.22 7:44

you can hardly call it an abduction, and how true is the story of the birth mother as she told the family, could be just a not that official adoption. 

and it sounds strange non parents could just get a child to their own passport, with only a copy of a birth certificate, maybe a uk thing of the old days, over here there would be the need of a separate passport for the child itself, even in 1969. 

technically you only can speak of an abduction, when a child is taken without parental consent, and this story does not have that story, so it could only be withholding a child from custody of that birth parent. 

family stories that explain the nasties of life, are often only a more acceptable declaration to keep the truth hidden. 

a traveller family in 1969 that could afford to take multiple children from scotland to california, that would be for that time very exceptional. plane or boat tickets would not have come cheap.  

and if you use just gypsies as they would be called in 1969, travelling with a child not of their own on their passport going through the usa customs does not sound very likely at all. so there must be more to this story, and i do not see anything that crosses a line with the madeleine mccann case at all. 

and it is not very nice from the press to make that association to the madeleine mccann case, because it implies the mccann's do know what happened. 

people all over the world do find out on a regular basis, that their paper trail of ancestors is not equal to the biological reality. and in most it was just a spin because people with some social standing found that a better solution at that time.  

and as a tale of the feel good stories in press it could handle that aspect very well on its own. but madeleine mccann will be kept on to get the money in.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann's parents given fresh hope after Brit girl reunited 53 years on Empty Re: Madeleine McCann's parents given fresh hope after Brit girl reunited 53 years on

Post by Verdi 07.10.22 12:36

A load of old cobblers - what's it got to do with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Come back when you grow up Mr Lawton - can I use that epithet?

Chez Rothley today >>> bounce

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 07.10.22 13:24

Let's hope it happens.  
Kate and Gerry will be 93.   Margaret will be 57

" "They have always said that until they are faced with incontrovertible evidence to the contrary they will continue to believe Madeleine could still be alive and they may one day be reunited with her."

But the sad FACT remains . . 

They WERE presented with incontrovertible evidence to the contrary.  By the British dogs, with their British Police dog handler.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Jill Havern, Milo and CaKeLoveR like this post

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top