The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken? - Page 8 Mm11

When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken? - Page 8 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken? - Page 8 Mm11

When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken? - Page 8 Regist10

When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken?

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken? - Page 8 Empty Re: When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken?

Post by Guest 31.03.16 13:41

Google.Gaspar.Statements wrote:So sad to see the serious business of getting to the truth about Madeleine being turned into a joke by a few people.

I'm not sure if you're including me in this, but my bringing out the shape on her arm was to show what an odd shape it is, nothing more. There is no comedic element intended. In saying it looks like a K or a crude star I am addressing the oddness of the appearance, not starting a contest on guess the shape. The reason I address the shape is that it does not look like an ordinary bruise.

(wont disrupt thread any more with this, just wanted to clarify that)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken? - Page 8 Empty Re: When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken?

Post by Guest 31.03.16 13:51

Google.Gaspar.Statements wrote:So sad to see the serious business of getting to the truth about Madeleine being turned into a joke by a few people.
The spooky face is up there with ghost dogs and what's wrong with Gerry's teeth.

missbeetle and photos..... what is it?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 31.03.16 14:49

missbeetle wrote:
April28th wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yes, as highlighted here. The calf mark is probably just a bruise from playing, the forearm I can't work out, it's a weird shape.

ETA - I blew the forearm area up and drew out the shape as best I could without literally inventing an image of my own - an odd shape as I said before. Almost looks like a crude star or a crude letter K?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hello April28th - crumbs, that's more than just a sunburn - looks like a (cattle) brand from this angle -

- but on turning the picture 90 degrees clockwise, I can see a spooky face.

b

It is a remarkably peculiar photo, imo. It also makes my blood run cold to read that Kate, in her book, writes that "Gerry loves that photo".  I think it's a terrible photo - she is all hunched up, inappropriately dressed.
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 31.03.16 15:13

j.rob wrote:
missbeetle wrote:
April28th wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yes, as highlighted here. The calf mark is probably just a bruise from playing, the forearm I can't work out, it's a weird shape.

ETA - I blew the forearm area up and drew out the shape as best I could without literally inventing an image of my own - an odd shape as I said before. Almost looks like a crude star or a crude letter K?

Hello April28th - crumbs, that's more than just a sunburn - looks like a (cattle) brand from this angle -

- but on turning the picture 90 degrees clockwise, I can see a spooky face.

b

It is a remarkably peculiar photo, imo. It also makes my blood run cold to read that Kate, in her book, writes that "Gerry loves that photo".  I think it's a terrible photo - she is all hunched up, inappropriately dressed.
Agreed, Kate doesn't expand much further about what other photos of their daughter her father loves - this despite the book being about Madeleine  sad
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Activity : 1115

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 31.03.16 16:10

HiDeHo wrote:I cant seem to find any reference to T7 taking photos.  It was Nigel Foster that was taking photos of his daughter as far as I can see...in following paragraph and in SPOILER.... (See May 4th statement below)

Russell OBrien Rogatory  http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RUSSELL-OBRIEN_ROGATORY.htm
I recall that Jane had been having a tennis lesson also there was Kate and Rachael.  We were watching some children have their lesson this was before lunch.  I recall that one of the guests a guy from Southampton came over his daughter was playing tennis, he wanted to take a picture but expressed to us how uncomfortable he felt in doing so- he said something similar to feeling like a pervert or a dirty old man when taking a picture of his own child, I do not wish to implicate him.  I recall that the child was of a similar age to Madeleine and Ella.
I recall that Madeleine and Ella had had a similar lesson the day before.
We agreed that in this day and age taking a photograph of your own child you shouldn’t be made to feel uncomfortable, it was a horrible coincident.  I would like to stress that I do not think that this man had any involvement in Madeleine’s disappearance.  I feel that it was a haunting coincidence.  (See more in SPOILER)

Russell OBrien rog referring to Nigel foster:

Maybe May 4th statement explains .....

Russell O'Brien's Statement  04/05/07
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  
- The deponent remembers only one episode, that for him did not have any importance, but that, given the circumstances, make him relate it. States that between the activities of tennis and others on the beach, he took notice of an individual who he only knows as NIGEL - a British individual, married, and with a daughter of 3 years whose name is Ixxx.

He had trivial conversations with him. On the day of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, in the late morning, part of the group, with their children, were next to the tennis courts when NIGEL approached him. They were filming his daughter,
with a video camera, and that, questioned, the deponent states that he does not remember seeing anyone with such an apparatus. Considering the current particulars of paedophilia, they conversed and the deponent considered this perfectly normal. Nigel had commented that he felt uncomfortable in having his daughter filmed. The deponent finished by concurring with him and together they spoke about the ridiculous situation and 'the state to which the world has come'. The deponent states that he has no reason to suspect NIGEL, in any circumstances whatsoever, and that he appeared to him a normal citizen, with a normal family. He never again thought about this conversation and only reports it of all the situations of the week, he has no incident to register or relate. 

Could someone confirm the translation?  Who are 'they'?  'No reason to suspect Nigel' suggests Nigel was the one with the camera?

From Russell OBrien Rogatory (in SPOILER)

So Madeleine was not there at that point at all.  And I think that’s important, particularly, because of what the man said, if Madeleine was potentially being photographed by anyone, it was absolutely clear that Madeleine and Ella were not there that day.  It says ‘I recall that a guy from Southampton came up, his daughter was playing tennis, he wanted to take a picture’, erm, ‘but casual’, maybe ‘casually expressed to us how uncomfortable he felt in doing so’”.

1578    “’But casually expressed’'”
 Reply    “Yeah, you know, he wasn’t, he just.  And it might be worth saying that, you know, he said that the, you know, something like, you know, ‘These days you feel like a pervert’ or maybe just extending that, you know, ‘You feel like a dirty old man taking a picture of your own daughter’ maybe just to make it a bit more explicit, because that’s what he said, you know, he didn’t just come up and say ‘Oh I feel like a dirty old man’, you know, sort of, you know, ‘In this’, you know, ‘The way things are these days’, erm, you know, ‘you feel like a criminal’ or ‘a dirty old man taking a photo of your own kid’”.

Thanks HideHo. The incriminating part is in red. I believe that is what happened. There is no reason not to believe Nigel.

TM have spun the version of events.

The behaviour that Nigel objected to would be entirely consistent, imo, with the need for TM to act covertly and cover their tracks. 

I bet it wasn't only Nigel who noticed some strange TM behaviour going on that week.

I also think it is not a coincidence that the Tapas photos are so dark and grainy you can hardly make out what is going on. Again, consistent with the need to keep photographic evidence of that week at a minimum. And to obscure faces to minimize the children's recollection of that week.
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunit 31.03.16 17:12

What does Nigel Foster have to say about the incident?
whodunit
whodunit

Activity : 913

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 31.03.16 17:57

whodunit wrote:What does Nigel Foster have to say about the incident?

I would be intrigued to know. But of course his rogatory is not in the files along with many other people who I think must be 'key' witnesses.
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande Finale 03.04.16 1:59

HI DE HO said
If it IS water and there was no court cleaning or rain before 10am for the mini tennis then it is reasonable to suggest that Kate is lying about the photo being taken at mini tennis.

As GM said in a video "I took that photograph". "We were playing tennis and Madeleine was running around collecting as many balls as she could, playing ball girl."

I can't find the video now but the TELEGRAPH has the same story regarding the Crimewatch show.....

The footage features a three-year-old girl as Madeleine. She is shown collecting tennis balls for her parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, as they played on a tennis court.

It recreates one of the last photographs taken before Madeleine vanished

Grande Finale
Grande Finale

Activity : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 03.04.16 12:51

Grande Finale wrote:
HI DE HO said
If it IS water and there was no court cleaning or rain before 10am for the mini tennis then it is reasonable to suggest that Kate is lying about the photo being taken at mini tennis.

As GM said in a video "I took that photograph". "We were playing tennis and Madeleine was running around collecting as many balls as she could, playing ball girl."

I can't find the video now but the TELEGRAPH has the same story regarding the Crimewatch show.....

The footage features a three-year-old girl as Madeleine. She is shown collecting tennis balls for her parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, as they played on a tennis court.

It recreates one of the last photographs taken before Madeleine vanished

Thanks for that Grande Finale.  I guess I am going to have to search for that comment  smilie  There goes my Sunday lol
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Activity : 5076

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 03.04.16 21:44

"The footage features a three-year-old girl as Madeleine. 
She is shown collecting tennis balls for her parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, as they played on a tennis court.

It recreates one of the last photographs taken before Madeleine vanished from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz" 

If we assume that the BBC CrimeWatch tennis recon is correct:
(A TV show like this from BBC about this case should have been approved by TM and Mitchell in advance,wouldn´t it???)

From Kate´s book "Madeleine":
"During Gerry's tennis lesson, (May1st) Madeleine and Ella came to the adjoining court with their Mini Club for a mini-tennis session. Jane and I stayed to watch them. It chokes me remembering how my heart soared with pride in Madeleine that morning. She was so happy and obviously enjoying herself. Standing there listening intently to Cat's instructions, she looked so gorgeous in her little T-shirt and shorts, pink hat, ankle socks and new holiday sandals that I ran back to our apartment for my camera to record the occasion. One of my photographs is known around the world now: a smiling Madeleine clutching armfuls of tennis balls."

This doesn´t add up, does it?
-----------------------------------------------------

When did Kate & Gerry played tennis together?

April 28: No Tennis.?
------------------------------------
April 29: 
Gerogina Jackson Tennis instructor: 
"As for the parents, she relates that a first lesson of instruction was done in the morning of 29 April, it being that, on that day, they had no more lessons. 

S Carpenter: 
"On Sunday the 29th April C**** and I participated in a coffee morning of the MW tennis group where I met Gerry, Kate, J****, C****, R****, A***, G***, A***'s sister and A***, there were other tourists there whose names now escape me. In total there were approximately some sixteen people at this coffee morning and tennis was one of the activities that the man, or that both subscribed to during the week. I am summarising a bit, because.....

DCF: Okay, that's fine..

SC: I first played tennis with Kate and G***n, there was another lady whose name I can't remember and afterwards I played with Kate and G**** against Gerry and naturally after the game I spoke to Gerry and Kate as well as to the other people present."

Maddie was signed in 9:45 according to the records.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 30:
Jez Wilkins:
"On Monday 30th, April, 2007 I joined the tennis lessons provided by Mark Warner, the tour operator. There were five pairs. There were 3 females and a male, I found to be Jerry.

He was white of pale complexion, about 5'10'' to 6' 00'' with a soft Glasgwian accent. He has dark hair which was short. He was of athletic build.

As part of the lesson we were paired off together. We engaged on general conversation, mainly about tennis, and football. I got the impression that he was good company, gregarious and chatty. The tennis lessons longed about an hour. We were signed for four (4) lessons in total. I can't recall if I saw Jerry again that day".

Jez Wilkins does not say anything about any children or that Maddie was present at the time.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 1st:
From Kate´s book "Madeleine":
"During Gerry's tennis lesson, Madeleine and Ella came to the adjoining court with their Mini Club for a mini-tennis session. Jane and I stayed to watch them. It chokes me remembering how my heart soared with pride in Madeleine that morning. She was so happy and obviously enjoying herself. Standing there listening intently to Cat's instructions, she looked so gorgeous in her little T-shirt and shorts, pink hat, ankle socks and new holiday sandals that I ran back to our apartment for my camera to record the occasion. One of my photographs is known around the world now: a smiling Madeleine clutching armfuls of tennis balls."

Jez Wilkins: "On Tuesday, 1st May, 2007 we again had a tennis lesson together. 
After the lessons, this time we had a game of doubles together with two friends of his! At this point I established that Jerry and his family had come along with a group of other families, four (4) in totals. The game longed about one hour and a quarter.

May 1st? It doesn´t look like Kate and Gerry played together this time and Wilkins said "family" but he doesn´t say he saw that Madeleine was present at the time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 2nd

Jez Wilkins: (Rain in the morning).
"It was re-scheduled for 2:30 pm. I found this out at a later date and missed the lesson. I arrived about five (5) minutes before the end and realized this fact. I saw the usual people at the tennis lesson. I then went back to my apartment.

Maddie was signed in/out at the creche 9:30-12:30 and (14:45 Kate signed her in,wasn´t she? and if Kate signed her in 2:45,Kate was not a part of a tennis lesson at 2:30.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 3rd: Tennis instructor Dan Stuk: "Questioned about the class times of G&K McCann on last Thursday, 3 May, he related that the mother of MBM had a group class at 09-10h00 conducted by Georgina; the father had a group class at 10-11h00 conducted by him.

Later, at 15-15h45, the couple had a private class, together, conducted by him - and finally, GM participated in the men's social tennis event at 18-19h00."

May 3rd? NO,"The couple had a private class at 15-15:45", Maddie was at creche at the time, wasn´t she?

NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 04.04.16 8:49

@j.rob and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have concerns over the translation done on ROB's statement. I do not speak Portuguese and I can feel certain persons' breathing down my neck as I type BUT my Spanish is good and the languages are very similar. The following 2 sentences need checking by a native speaker (preferably also fluent in English), but I am certain in my own mind (having also checked) that:

'Estava a filmar a sua filha' translates into English as, 'He (I or she) was filming his daughter'. 'He' would seem to fit the context of what ROB says best, however, who 'he' is at this stage is unclear (ROB or Nigel).

'They were' should have been written as 'estavam'

The sentence below this which starts 'Nigel comentado' also needs looking at. For me it translates as 'Nigel commented that he almost felt uncomfortable photographing his own daughter'. 'Propria' meaning 'own'. The English translation given in the files gives quite a different slant on the meaning.

Certain persons - the above is just a heads up and an indication of the problems of translations/double translations. If anyone speaks Portuguese, please check and correct me if necessary. 

Having said all that, IMO, the whole incident (factual or otherwise) has been brought up for a reason. I agree, Nigel Foster's statement would be interesting.
skyrocket
skyrocket

Activity : 1537

Back to top Go down

Post by dottyaussie 23.04.16 17:33

I was just thinking about the beads/elastic thingy in Madeleine's hair and was checking out the tennis ball photo when I came across this photo and got distracted. Were these photo's taken at the same tennis courts or another tennis court ie Rothley ??

dottyaussie
dottyaussie

Activity : 337

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.04.16 17:39

Is this a playground?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by dottyaussie 23.04.16 17:43

I'm not sure ? Trying to find all the photo's of the playground/tennis court now.
dottyaussie
dottyaussie

Activity : 337

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.04.16 18:04

It is a playground.  I located the photos on Pamalam (unable to c/p on tablet).

Back on topic.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire25 23.04.16 19:43

Are people saying that the tennis balls pic was taken from up high by the playground? There is a wire fence along there, could it have been taken through the gap or over the top of the fence?
Claire25

Activity : 223

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 23.04.16 21:26

Claire25,

Go back to page 2 on this thread & you can see the tennis court set-up. From the playground level, the fence is little more than waist high.
Doug D

Activity : 5283

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 23.04.16 23:50

That picture, I think you will find, is of a younger Maddie.  I would imagine some pics would be of a playground nearer to home, maybe.  joyce1938.
joyce1938
joyce1938

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken? - Page 8 Empty Agree about the tennis Court photo

Post by Patricia 07.02.17 19:24

Guest wrote:A strange photo, IMO.  Looks as if the head has been photoshopped onto a different body.  It could have been taken anywhere. Reminds me of fuzzyfelt I  played with as a child.
 I also think the head has been photoshopped onto another girl's body. Just cover the head over and you will 'see' that the head does not sit right on the neck. The same oddity happens with The Last Photo, with the dark blue shadow on the neck. No way could the Last Photograph girl have the sturdy barrel-like chest of the Tennis Court Photo. The body in the Last Photo is Amelie's, with Madeleine's grafted on (photoshopped.)  Gerry is so obviously sitting between the two twins at the edge of the pool, otherwise, where is the girl, Amelie? Why did the police of either country not issue ALL the photos on that camera, or are there - extremely strangely - only these two of Madeleine (manufactured???)  that time?
Patricia
Patricia

Activity : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 07.02.17 20:31

Patricia wrote:
Guest wrote:A strange photo, IMO.  Looks as if the head has been photoshopped onto a different body.  It could have been taken anywhere. Reminds me of fuzzyfelt I played with as a child.
The same oddity happens with the Last Photo, with the dark blue shadow on the neck. No way could the Last Photograph girl have the sturdy barrel-like chest of the Tennis Court Photo. The body in the Last Photo is Amelie's, with Madeleine's grafted on (photoshopped.)  Gerry is so obviously sitting between the two twins at the edge of the pool, otherwise, where is the girl, Amelie? Why did the police of either country not issue ALL the photos on that camera, or are there - extremely strangely - only these two of Madeleine (manufactured???)  that time?
@ Patricia     I appreciate you are new here, but all that you say about the Last Photo is entirely incorrect.

We have two long 'Last Photo' threads on here, and these are the unanimous conclusions of both two interntional experts and several other photo experts and long-time researchers on CMOMM:

1. The photo is a genuine photograph with absolutely no evidence of photoshopping whatseover

2. Proof of that includes the shadow lengths of the three people and everything else in the photo which are wholly consistent throughout.

Additionally, almost all members here recognise from the photographic evidence, and from carefully researched weather data that week, that the Last Photo was almost certainly taken on the Sunday, 29 April, and NOT on Thursday 3 May as the McCanns claimed.

If correct, that is a very significant finding indeed

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24767

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 07.02.17 20:58

Patricia wrote:The body in the Last Photo is Amelie's, with Madeleine's grafted on (photoshopped.)  Gerry is so obviously sitting between the two twins at the edge of the pool, otherwise, where is the girl, Amelie?

Gerry McCann at the poolside with Amelie and Madeleine.

In addition to extensive coverage of this 'last photograph' there has also been extensive coverage of the 'tennis ball' photograph.  The latest here..

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42327

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 14.08.17 20:21

Does anyone know when the Hat in the tennis photo was in fashion?  It has been suggested that the shorts are 1970s but I would think that if that were correct, the hat would be more of a giveaway.  

Is it a 70s hat?

sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11159

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top