The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!


When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken?

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken?

Post by Tony Bennett on 28.03.16 9:27

Elça Craig wrote:
There appears to be EXIF for the Last Photo giving date/time.  Presumably there is no EXIF for the Tennis Balls photo?  Or is it that no one has run the Tennis Balls photo through the EXIF extractor app?
Someone has indeed put the 'Tennis Balls Photo' through a 'software program' - see at 1 min 07 seconds on this short video:

 

The (foreign) lady who uploaded this photo makes the claim that the photo was taken on Saturday 5 May 2007, but my understanding is that the data she presents refer only to the creation of an adaptation of this photo on Saturday 5 May, when it was being processed by the press agency.

Not being a 'tecchie', I simply have no idea what these data mean

____________________

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

avatar
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 14939
Reputation : 3019
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 70
Location : Shropshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken?

Post by Nina on 28.03.16 11:08

@Tony Bennett wrote:
Elça Craig wrote:
There appears to be EXIF for the Last Photo giving date/time.  Presumably there is no EXIF for the Tennis Balls photo?  Or is it that no one has run the Tennis Balls photo through the EXIF extractor app?
Someone has indeed put the 'Tennis Balls Photo' through a 'software program' - see at 1 min 07 seconds on this short video:

 

The (foreign) lady who uploaded this photo makes the claim that the photo was taken on Saturday 5 May 2007, but my understanding is that the data she presents refer only to the creation of an adaptation of this photo on Saturday 5 May, when it was being processed by the press agency.

Not being a 'tecchie', I simply have no idea what these data mean
Could it be a photo of a photo that was taken on the 5th?

____________________
Not one more cent from me.
avatar
Nina

Posts : 2861
Reputation : 339
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 75

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken?

Post by Guest on 28.03.16 12:28

@Tony Bennett wrote:
Elça Craig wrote:
There appears to be EXIF for the Last Photo giving date/time.  Presumably there is no EXIF for the Tennis Balls photo?  Or is it that no one has run the Tennis Balls photo through the EXIF extractor app?
Someone has indeed put the 'Tennis Balls Photo' through a 'software program' - see at 1 min 07 seconds on this short video:

 

The (foreign) lady who uploaded this photo makes the claim that the photo was taken on Saturday 5 May 2007, but my understanding is that the data she presents refer only to the creation of an adaptation of this photo on Saturday 5 May, when it was being processed by the press agency.

Not being a 'tecchie', I simply have no idea what these data mean
Thank you for the video.

This photo is a cropped and brightened version of the larger Tennis Balls photo, and if the lady has used EXIF extraction, it would tell us when the smaller photo was created and, I believe, the software used in editing it.  A creation date of 5 May simply means 5 May was when this was cropped/edited/saved, not when the original larger and darker photo was taken.


I suppose I need to get the EXIF app and see what it does with the larger photo. The type of Kate's camera is known.  Is the type of Jane Tanner's camera known (assuming I have got it right that Jane may be the taker of the photo)?  That way we might be able to sort out who took the photo.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken?

Post by JRP on 28.03.16 12:36

The exif file in the video shows a Photoshop version having been created. It's not the exif from the original camera image. 
A camera exif would show. Camera make and model. Exposure used Aperture and shutter speed etc... also the date and time the shutter was pressed. 

So the video unfortunately makes an incorrect presumption.

JRP

Posts : 594
Reputation : 542
Join date : 2016-03-07
Age : 60
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken?

Post by April28th on 28.03.16 15:21

Was just mulling over this thread again and realised there actually are photos of the tennis courts in the files, the only problem being that they were 'burned' and made greyscale by the PJ on releasing them (this is my belief - I know others like Richard Hall have claimed the PJ received the photos in this manner).

What this at a minimum means is that the PJ would've been able to corroborate whether or not it were the same court (which I think is likely due to the perspective), and also get a handle on how the surface looked. There are several angles, and with these photos presumably being taken on the first couple of days, the answer to this question is very likely in the files.

I've gone with the presumption that the photos were released as they were because of privacy issues, or similar reasons - however, I do wonder whether it'd be possible to ask the PJ for colour copies, faces blurred if necessary? Has anyone tried this? I know they value freedom of information there, but not sure how far that extends with this kind of minutia.
avatar
April28th

Posts : 348
Reputation : 251
Join date : 2015-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken?

Post by joyce1938 on 28.03.16 15:24

I think that there were a group of those grey grainy pics around at some time.  Does anyone else recall?  joyce1938
avatar
joyce1938

Posts : 860
Reputation : 114
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 79
Location : england

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken?

Post by April28th on 28.03.16 15:27

Yes, there are several like this:



Just wondering if there is any way of obtaining them in colour, as they'd possibly clear this up pretty quickly.

You can find them here, there are several and given that the photo was likely taken on the left court (nearest the tapas) we have almost exactly the same perspective as the Tennis photo in question. Aspects like the 'skid mark' to her left would be easy identifiers.

In fact, you could probably deduce a lot about how different the 'Tennis photo' is from the other tennis photos here, but that's another thread!
avatar
April28th

Posts : 348
Reputation : 251
Join date : 2015-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken?

Post by Verdi on 28.03.16 23:43

Looking for the link to the black/white and grayscale photograph copies included in the PJ files, reminded me of something I recently noticed when checking out the tennis ball photograph..




The top two images are easily recognizable as a creeper straggling a wall (no, not Gerry) as seen around the pool area but regard the lower image that could be KM playing with one or both the twins.  The size of the court with the child in the foreground and the comparative proportions of the adult. appears to be more in-keeping with a mini tennis court than the huge court with little Madeleine standing without clutching tennis balls.  Not that I think the Ocean Club courts to be particularly large, which brings me to the main point.

The trees at the back of the court appear to be some sort of Cyprus conifer, whereas all the tennis court photographs I recall seeing posted on the forum, show either palm trees or jacaranda.  Could of course be somewhere totally unconnected with their trip to PdL but they are listed in the PJ files as the groups holiday photographs and the image of the child again looks like one of the twins wearing the communal jumper/cardigan.

I'm probably going off with the fairies here but the comparison seemed rather odd as does the reason this photograph hasn't been published as part of the McCann portfolio.

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
avatar
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 8682
Reputation : 3900
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken?

Post by Verdi on 28.03.16 23:52

@joyce1938 wrote:I think that there were a group of those grey grainy pics around at some time.  Does anyone else recall?  joyce1938
Is this what you're referring to - more or less?

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/HOLIDAY-PHOTOS-LIST.htm#bw

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
avatar
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 8682
Reputation : 3900
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken?

Post by joyce1938 on 29.03.16 0:01

Yes verdi,,but arent they awfull?Dont think could be of much use in that form,were they converted to colour ,or even from colour ? joyce1938
avatar
joyce1938

Posts : 860
Reputation : 114
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 79
Location : england

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken?

Post by canada12 on 29.03.16 0:15

@Verdi wrote:Looking for the link to the black/white and grayscale photograph copies included in the PJ files, reminded me of something I recently noticed when checking out the tennis ball photograph..




The top two images are easily recognizable as a creeper straggling a wall (no, not Gerry) as seen around the pool area but regard the lower image that could be KM playing with one or both the twins.  The size of the court with the child in the foreground and the comparative proportions of the adult. appears to be more in-keeping with a mini tennis court than the huge court with little Madeleine standing without clutching tennis balls.  Not that I think the Ocean Club courts to be particularly large, which brings me to the main point.

The trees at the back of the court appear to be some sort of Cyprus conifer, whereas all the tennis court photographs I recall seeing posted on the forum, show either palm trees or jacaranda.  Could of course be somewhere totally unconnected with their trip to PdL but they are listed in the PJ files as the groups holiday photographs and the image of the child again looks like one of the twins wearing the communal jumper/cardigan.

I'm probably going off with the fairies here but the comparison seemed rather odd as does the reason this photograph hasn't been published as part of the McCann portfolio.

I think the perspective might be a bit off, but I also think what we are looking at is actually one of the PDL tennis courts. Here's an aerial view of the complex...



You can see the bottom end of the tennis courts does have a single row of trees.

However if that's Kate, she appears to be standing behind a slide - with her foot resting on the ladder. I wonder if we can find the same sort of slide in photos of the playground equipment on the grass in front of the tennis courts at PDL.

canada12

Posts : 1461
Reputation : 201
Join date : 2013-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken?

Post by Verdi on 29.03.16 0:19

@joyce1938 wrote:Yes verdi,,but arent they awfull?Dont think could be of much use in that form,were they converted to colour ,or even from colour ? joyce1938
I don't think that's ever been verified.  It seems rather strange to me that the PJ would include these black/white and gray-scale images in the files released into the public arena;  if privacy was the intention then why publish the images at all?  As you say, for the most part they are indistinguishable, thus of little use.

If I have a spare moment at some juncture I'll have a poke about and see if I can find some clarification as to the origin - or in what form the PJ first received the images.  If some kind soul out there already has the information please save me the effort  smilie !

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
avatar
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 8682
Reputation : 3900
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken?

Post by Verdi on 29.03.16 0:22

@canada12 wrote:
@Verdi wrote:Looking for the link to the black/white and grayscale photograph copies included in the PJ files, reminded me of something I recently noticed when checking out the tennis ball photograph..




The top two images are easily recognizable as a creeper straggling a wall (no, not Gerry) as seen around the pool area but regard the lower image that could be KM playing with one or both the twins.  The size of the court with the child in the foreground and the comparative proportions of the adult. appears to be more in-keeping with a mini tennis court than the huge court with little Madeleine standing without clutching tennis balls.  Not that I think the Ocean Club courts to be particularly large, which brings me to the main point.

The trees at the back of the court appear to be some sort of Cyprus conifer, whereas all the tennis court photographs I recall seeing posted on the forum, show either palm trees or jacaranda.  Could of course be somewhere totally unconnected with their trip to PdL but they are listed in the PJ files as the groups holiday photographs and the image of the child again looks like one of the twins wearing the communal jumper/cardigan.

I'm probably going off with the fairies here but the comparison seemed rather odd as does the reason this photograph hasn't been published as part of the McCann portfolio.

I think the perspective might be a bit off, but I also think what we are looking at is actually one of the PDL tennis courts. Here's an aerial view of the complex...



You can see the bottom end of the tennis courts does have a single row of trees.

However if that's Kate, she appears to be standing behind a slide - with her foot resting on the ladder. I wonder if we can find the same sort of slide in photos of the playground equipment on the grass in front of the tennis courts at PDL.
I stand corrected yes !  Thank you, I've never seen the courts from a birds eye view before now, the conifers can clearly be seen.

Please disregard my post - it's a load of old rubbish.

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
avatar
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 8682
Reputation : 3900
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken?

Post by canada12 on 29.03.16 0:26

Verdi wrote:
I stand corrected !  Thank you, I've never seen the courts from a birds eye view before now, the conifers can clearly be seen.

Please disregard my post - it's a load of old rubbish.


On the contrary - you drew my attention to a picture I'd never actually seen before and I found it quite interesting!

thumbup

canada12

Posts : 1461
Reputation : 201
Join date : 2013-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken?

Post by Verdi on 29.03.16 11:55

Found this which looks to be a slide up the back between the playhouse and small tree - that would fit in nicely with what you say..


.. also puts the true size of the tennis courts in to perspective.


Another image of the area which clearly shows the conifers at the far end of the court..



.. and I'm clearly not as observant as I thought big grin .

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
avatar
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 8682
Reputation : 3900
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken?

Post by NickE on 29.03.16 12:46

@HiDeHo wrote:

Was it Kate or was it Jane that took the pic?

Tennis records say Tuesday was Lobsters mini tennis

Jane said it was Wednesday

Rachael claims it was Thursday.

Regardless of the day... WAS THE COURT WET?

If so, then WHEN did it get wet?  There was no rain overnight or Tuesday morning before the mini tennis.

Tennis booking forms show it was cleaned midday Tuesday AFTER the mini tennis at 10 (Court 1 and possibly court 2)  No records for Sunday or Monday.

If the court was wet then how could it have become wet before mini tennis OR was the photo taken at another time?


If this pic was taken in pdl I think it was taken early/mid morning (~9:00?) because the light from the sun hit her in her back,you can on the back of her knee.

____________________
When asked if people will ever learn what really happened, Mr Amaral responded: “Yes, we will, when MI5 opens the case files, we will find out".
avatar
NickE

Posts : 1185
Reputation : 409
Join date : 2013-10-27
Age : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken?

Post by joyce1938 on 29.03.16 13:00

I don't don't know much about shadows but as there is hardly any, I wonder if it was taken more towards 12ish when shadow may not have been there?  joyce1938
avatar
joyce1938

Posts : 860
Reputation : 114
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 79
Location : england

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken?

Post by HiDeHo on 29.03.16 13:33

@NickE wrote:
@HiDeHo wrote:

If this pic was taken in pdl I think it was taken early/mid morning (~9:00?) because the light from the sun hit her in her back,you can on the back of her knee.


Google Imagery is taken with North at top

This is an overhead view showing EAST meaning sun would have been behind in morning (April/May possibly a little more SE)





(Please note: This photo was originally used for last photo explanation of shadows)
avatar
HiDeHo
Researcher

Posts : 3150
Reputation : 942
Join date : 2010-05-07

View user profile http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann

Back to top Go down

Re: When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken?

Post by NickE on 29.03.16 13:44

@HiDeHo wrote:
@NickE wrote:
@HiDeHo wrote:

If this pic was taken in pdl I think it was taken early/mid morning (~9:00?) because the light from the sun hit her in her back,you can on the back of her knee.


Google Imagery is taken with North at top

This is an overhead view showing EAST meaning sun would have been behind in morning (April/May possibly a little more SE)





(Please note: This photo was originally used for last photo explanation of shadows)
Thank´s.
East/South East was what I also came up with.



Official Witness Questioning 
Date of activity: 2007/05/08 Hour: 18H30 Locale: Praia da Luz 
Executing Official: Maria Jos? Ratnos, Inspectora 
Name: DANIEL JAMES STUK 
Birthplace: Grimsby - N.E Lincolnshire Country : UK 
Nationality: British Date of birth: 1978/**/** 
Residence: Praia da Luz 
Post Code: Telephone: 
Marital status: Profession: Tennis instructor 




"Asked, he relates that he usually works from 09:00 to 19:30 and has his day-off on Saturday.


He reports that the group iniciated contact with the tennis instructors on the 29 April, the day immediately after their arrival at the Ocean Club.
His colleague Georgina has the calendar of classes given by her and by him to the McCann couple.
He relates that a first lesson of instruction was done in the morning of 29 April, it being that, on that day, they had no more lessons". 
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DAN-STUK.htm



On Sunday, Madeleine was signed in 9:45 


With the sun in south/east means that there is a possibility that this photo could have been taken on Sunday morning/mid morning before creche!?

____________________
When asked if people will ever learn what really happened, Mr Amaral responded: “Yes, we will, when MI5 opens the case files, we will find out".
avatar
NickE

Posts : 1185
Reputation : 409
Join date : 2013-10-27
Age : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tennis photo

Post by willowthewisp on 29.03.16 16:12

Hi Nicke, Ocean Club did not offer a "Creche Service" on a Sunday?
avatar
willowthewisp

Posts : 2269
Reputation : 888
Join date : 2015-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken?

Post by NickE on 29.03.16 16:41

@willowthewisp wrote:Hi Nicke, Ocean Club did not offer a "Creche Service" on a Sunday?
Hmm is McCannfiles wrong about this?


http://www.mccannfiles.com/id351.html

____________________
When asked if people will ever learn what really happened, Mr Amaral responded: “Yes, we will, when MI5 opens the case files, we will find out".
avatar
NickE

Posts : 1185
Reputation : 409
Join date : 2013-10-27
Age : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken?

Post by Carrry On Doctor on 29.03.16 17:33

I may be missing something here, but is it possible that the tennis ball photo was taken with MBM standing on the south edge of the tennis court (not the north edge as discussed above), and therefore it would be an evening sun shining from the north/west. This could explain MBM's shorts appearing dirty (she had been playing that day) and perhaps some sunburn/redness on the skin ?

It doesn't however explain a damp court (if it was taken in PdL at all) if the weather was sunny that day.
avatar
Carrry On Doctor

Posts : 387
Reputation : 191
Join date : 2014-01-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken?

Post by Doug D on 29.03.16 17:51

Carry On Doctor:
 
‘is it possible that the tennis ball photo was taken with MBM standing on the south edge of the tennis court’
 
I think the assumption is that to be high enough up to get the angle for the photo you need to be standing on the elevated play area, taking the photo over the top of the fence.
 
At the other end you would need to be on the steps of the other apartments, (or climbing a tree!) to get the necessary elevation and not being close up to the fence it would add blurring to the photo.
 
Maybe a mathematician could work out the angles and the approximate height needed to get the photo to ‘prove’ this.

Doug D

Posts : 2584
Reputation : 919
Join date : 2013-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken?

Post by skyrocket on 29.03.16 18:50

@NickE - I am assuming that @willowthewisp has read the strange comment made (almost verbatim) by nannys Shinead (toddlers 2 - Sean and Amelie); Leanne (toddlers 1); and Amy Tierney (who was actual in charge of both the baby club and the mini club), in their statments to the PJ:


'The hours of the club are from 09.00 to 12.30 and from 14.30 to 17.30, the club is closed on Sundays on that day it only offers the dinner service.'


I have no explanation as to why 3 of the nannys would clearly state this in a police interview. Other nannys are unspecific and several state that the creche was only closed on change over day (Saturday). Very odd. 
avatar
skyrocket

Posts : 681
Reputation : 661
Join date : 2015-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When was the 'Tennis Balls' pic taken?

Post by NickE on 29.03.16 19:25

@skyrocket wrote:@NickE - I am assuming that @willowthewisp has read the strange comment made (almost verbatim) by nannys Shinead (toddlers 2 - Sean and Amelie); Leanne (toddlers 1); and Amy Tierney (who was actual in charge of both the baby club and the mini club), in their statments to the PJ:


'The hours of the club are from 09.00 to 12.30 and from 14.30 to 17.30, the club is closed on Sundays on that day it only offers the dinner service.'


I have no explanation as to why 3 of the nannys would clearly state this in a police interview. Other nannys are unspecific and several state that the creche was only closed on change over day (Saturday). Very odd. 
Thank you.
It´s very odd but not crucial for my theory about the "tennisball" photo because they contacted the tennis instructors on Sunday morning and I think that while Gerry? was talking to Daniel and Georgina about the tennis lessons at, or just before 9 o'clock when the instructors began Madeleine was playing around on the empty tennis court and Kate? took the photo,and the timeline fits with the weak sunlight threw a hazy seaside morning from south-east.
IMO

____________________
When asked if people will ever learn what really happened, Mr Amaral responded: “Yes, we will, when MI5 opens the case files, we will find out".
avatar
NickE

Posts : 1185
Reputation : 409
Join date : 2013-10-27
Age : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum