The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Daily Mail - 'it was like looking in the mirror' Mm11

Daily Mail - 'it was like looking in the mirror' Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Daily Mail - 'it was like looking in the mirror' Mm11

Daily Mail - 'it was like looking in the mirror' Regist10

Daily Mail - 'it was like looking in the mirror'

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Daily Mail - 'it was like looking in the mirror' Empty Daily Mail - 'it was like looking in the mirror'

Post by Sceptic 06.08.14 3:08

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2717387/Daniel-Morcombes-parents-meet-Madeleine-McCanns-parents.html
Sceptic

Activity : 311

Back to top Go down

Daily Mail - 'it was like looking in the mirror' Empty Re: Daily Mail - 'it was like looking in the mirror'

Post by canada12 06.08.14 3:26

Sceptic wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2717387/Daniel-Morcombes-parents-meet-Madeleine-McCanns-parents.html

Mrs Morcombe still looks shell-shocked.
Kate, on the other hand.... positively beaming at another chance to be in the spotlight. IMO.
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Daily Mail - 'it was like looking in the mirror' Empty Re: Daily Mail - 'it was like looking in the mirror'

Post by jeanmonroe 06.08.14 4:15

http://www.jump-in.com.au/show/today/today-takeaway/2014/august/daniels-legacy/

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/daniel-morcombes-parents-launch-book-revealing-private-struggles-20140805-100je4.html

Morcombes 'THOUGHT' killer was ANOTHER man

Bruce Morcombe thought his son's killer was "more likely" to be another man, until the covert police operation "exposed" Brett Cowan.

CLOSE SHAVE THERE FOR THAT 'OTHER' MAN, I'D SAY!

RM anybody?

Let's hope DCI Redwood 'gets' the CORRECT 'man/woman/they' perp(s)!

NOT just who the McS 'THINK' it might be!

Got FOUR new 'arguidos', although, oddly, none are women, or a 'they', as GM has said a woman, or 'they', could have been 'abductor(s)', after Redwood's 'visit' to choose from, haven't they?
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 06.08.14 9:18

When you read the Wikipedia entry for this, you can see there are no similarities whatsoever with Madeleine. The only thing they have in common is that their child disappeared in unknown circumstances. The Morcombe child was a 13 year old boy waiting for a bus in broad daylight who apparently accepted a lift from a convicted pedophile who turned out to have murdered him.

No points to the Daily Mail for trying to cash in on the Madeleine McCann case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Daniel_Morcombe
canada12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.08.14 9:49

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t3325-families-united-in-grief

I think that this was the original topic here about the Australian case.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 06.08.14 10:22

Morcombes' strength from darkness
Amanda Banks Legal Affairs Editor The West Australian August 6, 2014

• Daily Mail - 'it was like looking in the mirror' 050814genmorcombe1_19u1s9l-19u1s9r
  • Lessons: Bruce and Denise Morcombe. Picture: AAP

Unaware of the elaborate undercover sting under way in WA that would finally ensnare the man who murdered their child, Queensland couple Bruce and Denise Morcombe flew to London in May 2011 for a family holiday. As always, Daniel was never far from their minds. And while there, the song Bring Him Home at a Les Miserables West End show had Mr Morcombe transfixed, its words resonating with how he felt about his son's disappearance on the Sunshine Coast on December 7, 2003.

The next day, as covert WA officers carefully developed the complicated plot that led to Perth man Brett Peter Cowan's arrest and conviction, the Morcombes met Gerry and Kate McCann, the parents of toddler Madeleine, who vanished in Portugal in 2007. "The conversation centred around comparing experiences with the media and the police," reveals a book the couple launched yesterday. "They were so much in the same space that all four of them were wearing rubber wrist bands. Bruce and Denise took off their Daniel Morcombe Foundation bands and Kate and Gerry took theirs off, and they swapped them in a gesture of friendship and hope."

Less than three months later, on August 13, 2011, Cowan was arrested at the Glass House Mountains where he killed the 13-year-old and dumped his body. The convicted child molester's arrest gave the Morcombe family the news they had been waiting to hear for more than eight years. Cowan, who will serve at least 20 years of a life sentence, was convicted of murder after a Supreme Court trial in March. He was also found guilty of indecently dealing with a child under 13 and interfering with a corpse. The trial revealed a sophisticated four-month sting for which covert WA operatives posed as a brothel madam, prostitute, corrupt police and crooked court, customs and port officials.

Cowan, who has a shocking history of abducting and molesting children, was enticed by the belief he was joining a powerful crime gang. He eventually confessed to the murder and led WA police to the scene of his crime. Yesterday, Mr Morcombe said he hoped others could draw strength from Where is Daniel?, co-written by the couple and author Lindsay Simpson. Mr Morcombe said Cowan's conviction had brought profound and overwhelming relief. He said the couple were blind-sided by the covert operation but understood the officers had put their lives on the line. He said it was an extraordinary operation and they still struggled to believe it cracked the case.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/24640033/strength-from-darkness-for-morcombes/
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 06.08.14 10:33

Interesting that the parents weren't kept "in the loop" regarding the covert police operations. Perhaps there's more of a similarity to the McCanns than we thought....
canada12

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 06.08.14 10:38

Snipped from Tasprin's post above:

"
Cowan, who has a shocking history of abducting and molesting children, was enticed by the belief he was joining a powerful crime gang. He eventually confessed to the murder and led WA police to the scene of his crime. Yesterday, Mr Morcombe said he hoped others could draw strength from Where is Daniel?, co-written by the couple and author Lindsay Simpson. Mr Morcombe said Cowan's conviction had brought profound and overwhelming relief. He said the couple were blind-sided by the covert operation but understood the officers had put their lives on the line. He said it was an extraordinary operation and they still struggled to believe it cracked the case."

So the parents weren't told what the police were doing, not kept in the picture.

Well done the police for cracking the case.  clapping 

Cowan has a shocking history of abducting and molesting children.  What was he doing out of prison in first place?  Shocking history - should have been locked up for life surely.

How long will it be before parents of children murdered or brutally attacked by known paedophiles with shocking histories start suing the authorities for allowing them back on the streets?    I wouldn't blame them either.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 06.08.14 11:01

http://www.pedestrian.tv/news/arts-and-culture/the-method-qld-police-used-to-catch-daniel-morcomb/f0f59c29-9bb0-41dc-8488-86234c303e8d.htm

The Method QLD Police Used To Catch Daniel Morcombe's Alleged Killer Will Blow Your Mind

''..Arnold told Cowan he would need to see the crime scene to ensure no incriminating evidence had been left behind; Cowan then lead police posing as gang members directly to the site where, over the next fortnight, Daniel's remains were found in an "exceptionally intensive search" involving metal detectors, cadaver dogs and divers.''
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 06.08.14 11:34

Sceptic wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2717387/Daniel-Morcombes-parents-meet-Madeleine-McCanns-parents.html
The words quoted in this article that leap off the page to me are:

'You know it was really just like looking in the mirror', Mr Morcombe revealed.

'[They were] truly ordinary people and it was amazing how quickly we communicated even though that was the first time we'd ever met,' he told host Karl Stefanovic

Why would you need to say the McCanns are 'truly ordinary people'?

Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 06.08.14 11:38

"it was like looking in the mirror" (Morcombes 'meeting' with McCanns)

Hmmmm.

........the Morcombes met Gerry and Kate McCann, the parents of toddler Madeleine, who vanished in Portugal in 2007. "The conversation centred around comparing experiences with the media and the police," reveals a book the couple launched yesterday. "They were so much in the same space...."
----------------------------------------------------

Must have been one of those 'distorting' mirrors in the fairground, imo.

Perhaps there's a bit in their book where they say they, and possibly their friends, REFUSED to co-operate with the WA police investigating Daniel's 'disapperance'

Perhaps there's a bit in their book where where they say they SUED the lead investigator.

Perhaps ............book, where Mrs Morcombe says she was GLAD the case of her 'missing' Daniel was 'closed' or that if the case was to be ongoing, or NOT, IT DIDN'T MATTER!

etc, etc.

Refering to my earlier post: I wonder who the 'ONLY' person was, the Morcombes actually THOUGHT was the 'more likely' er, 'man' to have committed the 'crime' against Daniel.

And was HIS life made 'hell' (by them?) until the REAL perp was caught?

As i said, it really must have been a fairground mirror they were looking into, comparing their 'experience' with regards to the ACTIONS of, and since, the McCanns and their 'friends' surrounding the 'disappearance' of Madeleine.

All, imo, obviously.
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 06.08.14 11:44

aquila wrote:

Why would you need to say the McCanns are 'truly ordinary people'?

[/size]

It's Australian for "naff"...
(sorry)  big grin 
canada12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.08.14 11:57

Could the word "awful" have been misheard for "ordinary"?!

I think that the intended meaning is that the McCanns were normal friendly people with no airs and graces.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 06.08.14 12:35

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Could the word "awful" have been misheard for "ordinary"?!

I think that the intended meaning is that the McCanns were normal friendly people with no airs and graces.
That's the sort of description expected from lesser mortals who meet royalty and gentry.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 06.08.14 12:37

Seems the Morecombes put their energies into helping others while the McCanns put their energies into helping themselves.  Must have been a fairground mirror.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 06.08.14 12:44

Cristobell wrote:Seems the Morecombes put their energies into helping others while the McCanns put their energies into helping themselves.  Must have been a fairground mirror.
Another book hits the headlines. Another book that links itself with Madeleine in its promotion.  sad1

This book would have merit on its own surely!
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 06.08.14 12:53

plebgate wrote:Well done the police for cracking the case.  clapping
I think the police in Portugal cracked the other case - seven years ago! Just my opinion. Allegedly. Etc.
Brian Griffin
Brian Griffin

Activity : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 06.08.14 12:56

aquila wrote:
Cristobell wrote:Seems the Morecombes put their energies into helping others while the McCanns put their energies into helping themselves.  Must have been a fairground mirror.
Another book hits the headlines. Another book that links itself with Madeleine in its promotion.  sad1

From another perspective, it is a 'positive' McCann story, that is, it is portraying the McCanns as innocent by juxtaposing their story with that of the Morecombes genuine story.  Describing the McCanns as nice, normal people does make them sound as if they are more important than they are, but the media are for the most part, giving the McCanns a cushy ride for now, the higher they build them up, the further they will fall, and therein lies the big, sensational headlines and the boost in tabloid sales.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 06.08.14 12:59

big grin

I find the pictures disconcerting, with everyone smiling. I don't think I could smile again if I had lost a child, especially in those circumstances. I get a much warmer vibe from the Morcombes than I do from the other two though.

I imagine this will spawn another bewk. Is there one on the horizon, does anyone know?

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 06.08.14 13:05

aquila wrote:

Yes. Surely, PAID by 'fund donations' (£28,000 pa 'retainer') McCann spokesman C Mitchell will be 'quoted' later today as saying 'that is absolutely dispicable and disgusting, with yet more people trying to make money, by association, from the plight of Madeleine'

I'll keep me ears 'cocked' for that 'statement' from the pink one!  winkwink
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 06.08.14 13:06

Brian Griffin wrote:
 big grin

I find the pictures disconcerting, with everyone smiling. I don't think I could smile again if I had lost a child, especially in those circumstances. I get a much warmer vibe from the Morcombes than I do from the other two though.

I imagine this will spawn another bewk. Is there one on the horizon, does anyone know?
If you take a look at the photograph of the two couples, I doubt they sat side by side on a banquette whilst dining. They must have shuftied around for a photoshoot.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 06.08.14 13:09

Cristobell wrote:
aquila wrote:

From another perspective, it is a 'positive' McCann story, that is, it is portraying the McCanns as innocent by juxtaposing their story with that of the Morecombes genuine story.  Describing the McCanns as nice, normal people does make them sound as if they are more important than they are, but the media are for the most part, giving the McCanns a cushy ride for now, the higher they build them up, the further they will fall, and therein lies the big, sensational headlines and the boost in tabloid sales.

How can Clarence put these two stories together to make it look as if  they are similar....ok one was a kidnapping/abduction by a pedophile the other tried to blamed a kidnapping/abduction by a pedophile ?
jozi
jozi

Activity : 733

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 06.08.14 13:11

Coz they're running out of material to keep the Mcs in the headlines, perhaps?
Brian Griffin
Brian Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 06.08.14 13:25

Brian Griffin wrote:Coz they're running out of material to keep the Mcs in the headlines, perhaps?
At the moment the headlines are ebola, Gaza/Israel, centenary of WW1, Scottish independence, the royal family in their many 'duties, generations and frocks' etc. (if you read the DM you'll never go on holiday again and you won't eat or drink anything in UK).

There's no need for Madeleine to hit the headlines just now. There's loads going on in the media - not that anyone seems to give a toss about Gaza/Israel and genocide but then again what can you expect when your PM is on holiday in Portugal being photographed with fish and your deputy PM is portrayed as bitching about what was written on a memorial wreath. Your ex prime minister (self appointed peace envoy) is nowhere near the Middle East. Oh well, at least the tabloids have cleavage to keep them going.

Wait until mid September/early October.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 06.08.14 13:27

Brian Griffin wrote:Coz they're running out of material to keep the Mcs in the headlines, perhaps?

They will be back in the 'headlines' shortly!

When GA wins his libel case and the McCanns AND their THREE kids have to cough up the 'costs' ALREADY awarded AGAINST them ALL in their FAILED book 'banning' case and the other TWO 'appeal' cases they have already lost, in Portuguese Courts!

No 'pocket' money for their two remaining kids...........for a very, very, VERY long time!

Thanks Daddy and Mommie dearest, for THAT!

"Amelie and i weren't put totally in danger, like Madeleine, by you and mummy, were we Dad? Only i've been on the internet around **** house and it says you did. The other kids at school are also saying Amelie and me are extremely lucky to even be here as they say we were put totally at risk of being 'abducted' or worse, ourselves"

"Er, cough, um, err, cough, er don't believe those nasty 'stories' son. We only consciously, diliberately, left you two alone, with Madeleine, out of sight, in the unlocked apartment for 35 minutes. and a further 45 minutes after that. Nothing dangerous could possibly have happened to you two in that time, could it? er, COUGH"

"so, to be honest, where's Madeleine, Dad, if we were ALL left totally SAFE together, by you and mummy?"
----------------------------

Kids and their 'awkward' questions, eh?
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum