The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

CRIMEWATCH ON BBC  ***Part 1 DISCUSSION**** - Page 32 Mm11

CRIMEWATCH ON BBC  ***Part 1 DISCUSSION**** - Page 32 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

CRIMEWATCH ON BBC  ***Part 1 DISCUSSION**** - Page 32 Mm11

CRIMEWATCH ON BBC  ***Part 1 DISCUSSION**** - Page 32 Regist10

CRIMEWATCH ON BBC ***Part 1 DISCUSSION****

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CRIMEWATCH ON BBC  ***Part 1 DISCUSSION**** - Page 32 Empty Re: CRIMEWATCH ON BBC ***Part 1 DISCUSSION****

Post by Guest 16.10.13 0:34

sami wrote:
Woofer wrote:If SY have spoken to the Smiths I hope the Smiths told how they were harrassed by the Kennedy windows man and also Metodo 3
Smith told the Irish police about the visit in his statement.
I bet Mr Smith is wondering why his photo-fits weren't ever used.  It's an odd one, why shell out money for them and not use them?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

CRIMEWATCH ON BBC  ***Part 1 DISCUSSION**** - Page 32 Empty Re: CRIMEWATCH ON BBC ***Part 1 DISCUSSION****

Post by Woofer 16.10.13 0:35

sami wrote:
Woofer wrote:If SY have spoken to the Smiths I hope the Smiths told how they were harrassed by the Kennedy windows man and also Metodo 3
Jolly good - they must be aware then.

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by PeeWit 16.10.13 0:36

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

aaagh Darkened room here I come after reading this.
Just read it NFWTD and agree entirely...well they do say ignorance is bliss!
PeeWit
PeeWit

Activity : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 16.10.13 0:40

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think I'll leave that 'til tomorrow else I won't sleep.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 16.10.13 0:41

What a muppet.  Typical happy clappy mumsy rubbish. On the one hand you have that brigade then the other brigade asking "could my child be abducted from my kitchen if I go to the toilet alone".
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 16.10.13 0:50

candyfloss wrote:
sami wrote:
I bet Mr Smith is wondering why his photo-fits weren't ever used.  It's an odd one, why shell out money for them and not use them?
There is something not right about this, IMO.  Smith said he had been asked to do an e-fit during the visit but had declined.

It would seem therefore he did them eventually, if what we know now is true.

Why would McCann PIs ask a man who they must have known had clearly suggested their client to be the man they saw to do an e-fit of him?  Below is 30 jan 2008, a cover letter by Irish police.

Detective Branch
Drogheda
County Lough

Re – Investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann

I took an additional statement from Mr Smith as requested. His wife does not want to make another statement. I showed him the video clip and he stated that it was not the clip that alerted him but the BBC news at 10 PM on 9th September 2007.

He has been contacted by numerous tabloid press looking for stories. He has been contacted by Mr Brian Kennedy who is supporting the McCann family to take part in a photo fit exercise. He has given no stories or helped in any photo fits. He sent a solicitor’s letter to six papers in relation material that was printed that was misquoted. The Evening Herald paid his solicitor's fees and all papers printed an apology. His photograph appeared in another tabloid paper and this matter is being pursued at the moment.

I do not believe that Martin Smith is courting the press and my view his is a genuine person. He is known locally and is a very decent person.

Forwarded please

Sergeant

L*** H****
sami

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonGoddess 16.10.13 0:53

sami wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
sami wrote:
There is something not right about this, IMO.  Smith said he had been asked to do an e-fit during the visit but had declined.

Why would McCann PIs ask a man who they must have known had clearly suggested their client to be the man they saw to do an e-fit of him?  Below is 30 jan 2008, a cover letter by Irish police.

Detective Branch
Drogheda
County Lough

I took an additional statement from Mr Smith as requested. His wife does not want to make another statement. I showed him the video clip and he stated that it was not the clip that alerted him but the BBC news at 10 PM on 9th September 2007.

He has been contacted by numerous tabloid press looking for stories. He has been contacted by Mr Brian Kennedy who is supporting the McCann family to take part in a photo fit exercise. He has given no stories or helped in any photo fits. He sent a solicitor’s letter to six papers in relation material that was printed that was misquoted. The Evening Herald paid his solicitor's fees and all papers printed an apology. His photograph appeared in another tabloid paper and this matter is being pursued at the moment.

I do not believe that Martin Smith is courting the press and my view his is a genuine person. He is known locally and is a very decent person.

Forwarded please

Sergeant

L*** H****
I just asked that in another thread..... I am confused about that too.... surely Mr Smith would have been to wary to do it for anyone working for the guy he'd nailed?

Activity : 284

Back to top Go down

Post by ChuckieD 16.10.13 1:43

PeeWit wrote:
sami wrote:
IMO, the only thing that's needed now is for one of the Nationals to print the Smith's statements on its front page......endgame!!
The only problem I see with this is that the Smiths will be caught in the middle of a national, nay international media frenzy, and I'm sure they do not deserve this!
They really don't. I'm sure there was a huge amount of reluctance wondering how much it would blow up, do we want to get involved, it's taken over 6 years for it to blow so can't imagine the impact now.
ChuckieD

Activity : 93

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 16.10.13 2:01

I wonder if the e-fits were commissioned by the PJ around the time they were trying to organise the reconstruction?  It seems to me the one who took over from Goncalo Amaral (can't think of his name, doh!) reached the same stage as GA had, and in fact, the same stage as SY have reached now?  I just can't see the mccanns using Fund money to have e-fits drawn up that they were never going to use.  I suspect the e-fits were probably in the PJ files and available to the mccanns, and all their private investigators 5.5 years ago.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 16.10.13 2:34

candyfloss wrote:Read it and Weep

by Dr Martin Roberts

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

OMG that photo from Andy!! I haven't read a word yet, but you all have to go there a take a look at the photo. I think it says all.

lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 16.10.13 6:57

Well, the reconstruction was made 6 months ago. 

When we saw them in May looking for the first time in six years  truly distressed - was that because they'd been told that Gerry's. solid gold alibi had been ditched ?

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 16.10.13 7:05

lj wrote:

by Dr Martin Roberts

OMG that photo from Andy!! I haven't read a word yet, but you all have to go there a take a look at the photo. I think it says all.
No OMG moment for me!
E-fit's man ears are completely different from GM.
Nope, I don't think the E-fit is anything like GM despite whoever efforts at morphing.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.10.13 7:07

lj wrote:

by Dr Martin Roberts

Do you mean this one?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Me 16.10.13 7:19

Here's something i posted on another forum but i think it's worth reposting on here in relation to Tanner's sighting and Redwood's elimination of him from the enquiry. 

Initially i couldn't understand the vagueness in Redwood's "might have been him" coupled with the certainty with which he had eliminated him from the inquiry despite the fact that his route should have taken him the other way from where Jane said she saw bundleman.

Also added to that are the nagging doubts about Tanner's sighting, what with Gerry & Jez not seeing her nor this man and the incorrect positioning on the street etc.

Having thought about it the only conclusion i can draw which makes sense of all these variables is that Tanner did in fact see this man at some point during the night but not at her 9:10 check and not going across the top of the road then in that direction. 

She was going backwards and forwards during the night to the apartment so I'm now reasonably certain she did see this man, but i don't believe at that time, nor walking in that direction.

Perhaps SY have also spoken with Jane and she "mis-remembered" in her previous statements and was given an opportunity to correct her previous statements.

It's the only conclusion i can draw from these disparate and random elements.

What is certain is that since the start of the investigation there were  incongruent and even contradictory situations concerning the witness statements; the telephone records of calls that were made and received on mobile phones that belonged to the couple and to the group of friends that were on holidays with them; the movements of people right after the disappearance of the little girl was noticed, concerning the state in which the bedroom from where the child disappeared from was found (closed window? open window? partially open window?) etc., and the mystery would only become even thicker due to the clues that were left by the already mentioned sniffer dogs. - The Words of a JUDGE in relation to the McCanns
Me

Activity : 698

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 16.10.13 7:43

admin wrote:
lj wrote:

by Dr Martin Roberts

Do you mean this one?

That's his revelation moment.  Even he is amazed he is about to say bundle man is no more.
sami

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid 16.10.13 7:49

Me wrote:Here's something i posted on another forum but i think it's worth reposting on here in relation to Tanner's sighting and Redwood's elimination of him from the enquiry. 

Initially i couldn't understand the vagueness in Redwood's "might have been him" coupled with the certainty with which he had eliminated him from the inquiry despite the fact that his route should have taken him the other way from where Jane said she saw bundleman.

Also added to that are the nagging doubts about Tanner's sighting, what with Gerry & Jez not seeing her nor this man and the incorrect positioning on the street etc.

Having thought about it the only conclusion i can draw which makes sense of all these variables is that Tanner did in fact see this man at some point during the night but not at her 9:10 check and not going across the top of the road then in that direction. 

She was going backwards and forwards during the night to the apartment so I'm now reasonably certain she did see this man, but i don't believe at that time, nor walking in that direction.

Perhaps SY have also spoken with Jane and she "mis-remembered" in her previous statements and was given an opportunity to correct her previous statements.

It's the only conclusion i can draw from these disparate and random elements.
If this is true then:

1. She's lied about where and she saw this man, if at all.
2. If 1. is true then why haven't the Portuguese authorities been notified her change of mind?
3. Has Redwood or his team spoken to Tanner about this man (before the Crimewatch appeal) and has she confirmed whether or not this was the man she saw. If not why not?
4. This is further proof that she was never a credible witness.
SixMillionQuid
SixMillionQuid

Activity : 445

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 16.10.13 7:54

Gosh and golly - Andy's taken his poker face off and doesn't he look better for it? yes 

In that photo he looks for all the world like a man who knows he's got it in the bag - job done and chummy, or chummies, will soon be where they belong. big grin
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 16.10.13 8:00

MoonGoddess wrote:
sami wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
sami wrote:

Detective Branch
Drogheda
County Lough

Forwarded please

Sergeant

L*** H****
I just asked that in another thread..... I am confused about that too.... surely Mr Smith would have been to wary to do it for anyone working for the guy he'd nailed?
It is possible that the e-fits were drawn up based on the original statements from the Smith family. Sounds unlikely that they would have met with Kennedy and Co. Amaral has said the man Smith saw might have been McCann but it was to be checked out when he was moved off of the case. Interesting that Mr Smith has not changed his view at all.
I will not be surprised if Smith man is discounted in the same way as Tanner man (also Pat Browns view) in order to 'clear' Gerry.
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorPPlum 16.10.13 8:23

ultimaThule wrote:Gosh and golly - Andy's taken his poker face off and doesn't he look better for it? yes 

In that photo he looks for all the world like a man who knows he's got it in the bag - job done and chummy, or chummies, will soon be where they belong. big grin
Mmmm. I wouldn't ascribe too much to a momentary screenshot. In any 5 second clip there are *plenty* of hideous and embarrasing micro-moments to pull out to make anyone look evil / sweet / surprised / dead / intelligent tongue
ProfessorPPlum
ProfessorPPlum

Activity : 425

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennypennypenny 16.10.13 8:26

I don't think the e fits look anything like Gerry.
Pennypennypenny

Activity : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 16.10.13 8:28

A polite request to forum members. I might have made a misjudgement in the early hours when I was awake and came here to read. I posted a very long piece from the Mirror re Martin Smith and meant to trim it down but forgot, making this thread even longer.

As it runs to so many pages, can I suggest that if anyone is going to make a 1- line comment on a lengthy post, they only copy the relevant part to comment on, or if it is a general comment about the piece as a whole, make a brief ref to the title and poster, rather than do what I have seen this morning......press the quote button so that there is almost a page of unnecessary text before a one line reply?

Suggesting this because there are so many people posting so much just now, I do not mean to be rude. Sorry for my part in making a lot of reading, I think the last half of my post had been seen in other media reports, dealing with SY and CW.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 16.10.13 8:30

Cheshire Cat wrote:
MoonGoddess wrote:
sami wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
sami wrote:

Detective Branch
Drogheda
County Lough

Forwarded please

Sergeant

L*** H****
It is possible that the e-fits were drawn up based on the original statements from the Smith family. Sounds unlikely that they would have met with Kennedy and Co. Amaral has said the man Smith saw might have been McCann but it was to be checked out when he was moved off of the case. Interesting that Mr Smith has not changed his view at all.
I will not be surprised if Smith man is discounted in the same way as Tanner man (also Pat Browns view) in order to 'clear' Gerry.
If Smith is discounted to clear Gerry and bundleman is now gone, where then is there any indication of an abduction ?  If smith man is found and let us say he was another lost night crèche user, now all we have is a missing child, EVRD's evidence and the parents word.  No dubious sightings, nothing.

So the only outcome is that smith man is THE man and he is named and now dead.  Unless they produce Madeleine along with this ending, I don't think it's final enough, a dangerous move, IMO.
sami

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 16.10.13 8:33

Russiandoll, I am sorry, I did not see your post before I quoted the long passage
sami

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 16.10.13 8:33

aiyoyo wrote:
lj wrote:

by Dr Martin Roberts

No OMG moment for me!
E-fit's man ears are completely different from GM.  
Nope, I don't think the E-fit is anything like GM despite whoever efforts at morphing.
 It was dark and  depending where Smith was in relation to the man, the ears might not have been anything that stood out for him  [ forgive the pun!]

If Smith was looking at the child's eyes, hair and face [ which we know he did from his statement ] he would not have registered that part of the man's face imo which would have been close to the left hand side of the carrier's head. I think the ears would be what he was least likely to recall.  just imo.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 16.10.13 8:37

did sy give out what this person was wearing,re Smiths sighting as Aoife Smith said this in her statement.

The trousers he was wearing were smooth straight-legged trousers, light beige in colour, of a cotton type material, thicker than linen, possibly with buttons and without any patterns.

now haven't we all seen a pic of Gerry McCann wearing a pair of  trousers like this.
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top