The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 11 Mm11

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 11 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 11 Mm11

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 11 Regist10

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal

Page 11 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 11 Empty Re: Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal

Post by plebgate 20.06.13 21:08

Thanks for posting that Sallypelt.

30 police officers deployed to help the review.   I am beginning to think that maybe there wont be a whitewash.   As many have said before most of us trust the rank and file police officers going about their jobs.

I believe that the officers on this case will be doing their utmost to seek justice for Maddie.    With so many officers involved and there being a whistle blowers' charter and with the internet spreading news within minutes world wide - would any cover up be risked?

Thanks also PeterM for your post re. the ACPO Guidance on Management.

All very interesting reading on this thread.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 11 Empty scotland yard takes over...

Post by marconi 20.06.13 23:16

sweetex wrote:Hi Everyone

It seems every time I am away for a period (even short period) something big happens....!

I am busy catching up - and came across this article

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22920695

The investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann is to be taken on by the Metropolitan Police, according to reports.
An announcement is expected "within weeks" following a two-year Scotland Yard review of the stalled Portuguese inquiry.
Madeleine was almost four when she went missing on holiday in Praia da Luz in 2007.

I see this as very positive! They talk about an announcement? I'm very sure SY knows exactly what happened!A great agreement, the Yard finishing the investigation and probably reopening the case in Britain, I hope.
All of the 9 people that were present at that fatal night live in the UK, much easier for the police.
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 11 Empty scotand yard takes over

Post by marconi 20.06.13 23:34

marconi wrote:

It seems every time I am away for a period (even short period) something big happens....!

The investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann is to be taken on by the Metropolitan Police, according to reports.
An announcement is expected "within weeks" following a two-year Scotland Yard review of the stalled Portuguese inquiry.
Madeleine was almost four when she went missing on holiday in Praia da Luz in 2007.

I see this as very positive! They talk about an announcement? I'm very sure SY knows exactly what happened!A great agreement, the Yard finishing the investigation and probably reopening the case in Britain, I hope.
All of the 9 people that were present at that fatal night live in the UK, much easier for the police.
"in a few weeks" . why not immediately?
I get tired of this.
marconi

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 11 Empty the scotland yard teks over

Post by marconi 21.06.13 0:35

marconi wrote:
marconi wrote:

"in a few weeks" . why not immediately?
I get tired of this.
marconi

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 11 Empty Re: Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal

Post by Who?What?Where? 21.06.13 0:40

There are definite sign's of hope.

The McCanns' and their supporter's may have made a big mistake in criticising the Portugese Police, as vocally as they did.

Police officer's, around the world, (assuming that they are not corrupt), are actually trying to make the country that they work in, a better place to live in. To do that, they have to deal with the sort of people that the majority of us would wish to be protected from. That is a very difficult job.

The country that they they live and work in is immaterial. Honest police officer's around the world are kindred spirit's.
Who?What?Where?

Activity : 196

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 11 Empty scotland yard takes over

Post by marconi 21.06.13 1:35

Who?What?Where? wrote:There are definite sign's of hope.

The McCanns' and their supporter's may have made a big mistake in criticising the Portugese Police, as vocally as they did.

Police officer's, around the world, (assuming that they are not corrupt), are actually trying to make the country that they work in, a better place to live in. To do that, they have to deal with the sort of people that the majority of us would wish to be protected from. That is a very difficult job.

The country that they they live and work in is immaterial. Honest police officer's around the world are kindred spirit's.
I believe this is about to be solved, on a satisfactory way. I don't believe that the Met police and the Portugese police would waste money and time without knowing that someday they would see the light at the end of the tunnel. By the way it seems that the PJ had seen it already in 2007.
marconi

Back to top Go down

Post by Who?What?Where? 21.06.13 2:03

I don't know whether this case can be solved or not.

The, unbelievable, leniency of sentencing of the likes of Ovenden and Hall is a real worry. Something is seriously wrong here.
Who?What?Where?

Activity : 196

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 11 Empty scotland yard takes

Post by marconi 21.06.13 3:11

Who?What?Where? wrote:I don't know whether this case can be solved or not.

The, unbelievable, leniency of sentencing of the likes of Ovenden and Hall is a real worry. Something is seriously wrong here.
who?what?where?,
there is nothing seriously wrong here.  there has never been so much hope before as it has now. During all of the last 6 years, there was only hope  in August and September 2007 and he whole story crashed when the McCanns left to the UK. I think that the PJ will continue refusing reopening the case and the Yard will take everything over, It s possible to prosecuter eventual suspects in England itself.
Can you imagine Tapas 9 being made arguidos, with rights, and the millions of new sightings?
marconi

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 21.06.13 5:57

Lostfridge wrote:This all still feels like a ploy by SY to get hold of the unreleased information, and not for the right reasons!....?

And, where might they get them from?
It's in the Portuguese possession and if the Portuguese should deny them the files how are they going lay hands on them?
Playing tactics or games with the Portuguese is going to worsen the relationship.

No, I don't think they are after unreleased data presuming some is still denied to them, which I doubt, else it defeats the purpose of joint review.
I believe they must have finished examining the papers and need to do get hands on in the investigation to finish what where the Portuguese left off when they were hampered No valid reason for the Brits to refuse to cooperate with the METS. All the lame excuses they used with the Portuguese would be useless if used on the MET. JMO as usual.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 21.06.13 6:11

I would love to be as optimistic as others but until I see some positive event as in T9 being interviewed under caution I won't think that we are not going to get a whitewash. They can refer to it as a potential murder investigation - but it doesn't necessarily mean they are looking in the right direction.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 11 Empty scotland Yard takes over

Post by marconi 21.06.13 9:23

Angelique wrote:I would love to be as optimistic as others but until I see some positive event as in T9 being interviewed under caution I won't think that we are not going to get a whitewash. They can refer to it as a potential murder investigation - but it doesn't necessarily mean they are looking in the right direction.
Angelique, why such a terrible lot of work and money, only to whitewash something that is archived? The arguido status was lifted in 2008, the PJ refuse to reopen the case, it seems that the UK are uninformed, why bother ? My opinion is that the British government got tired of the McCanns and they want to get rid of those two people. For ever and ever amen.If this case is not solved, dead or alive, the McCanns will continue making noise around.
Cameron's letter to the couple says enough, "and you don't give up, speaks volumes".
marconi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lostfridge 21.06.13 9:30

aiyoyo wrote:
Lostfridge wrote:This all still feels like a ploy by SY to get hold of the unreleased information, and not for the right reasons!....?

And, where might they get them from?
It's in the Portuguese possession and if the Portuguese should deny them the files how are they going lay hands on them?
Playing tactics or games with the Portuguese is going to worsen the relationship.

No, I don't think they are after unreleased data presuming some is still denied to them, which I doubt, else it defeats the purpose of joint review.
I believe they must have finished examining the papers and need to do get hands on in the investigation to finish  what where the Portuguese left off when they were hampered  No valid reason for the Brits to refuse to cooperate with the METS.  All the lame excuses they used with the Portuguese would be useless if used on the MET.  JMO as usual.

The answer is in the original question and reply. The same way the UK got the information from the original investigation, by being on the ground supposedly helping! and I am sure many of those officials where trying to help, but who was helping get hold of the credit card and medical records, no one?. Who supplied the reading material and manuals to the Mccanns!. Why did all the UK police skip town once the Mccanns did?.

I will repeat my main point again.. WHY NOW?. Why would the UK powers that be suddenly help to conclude this now? they had the chance years ago. This is the simple reason I do not trust the SY review.
Lostfridge
Lostfridge

Activity : 153

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 21.06.13 10:22

Here is an article from the NY Times (Associated Press).

"A British police department reached an agreement with the parents of Madeleine McCann to provide them with 80 pieces of information from its investigation into her disappearance from a resort town in Portugal last year. In return for the Leicestershire police force’s agreeing to release the information, Madeleine’s parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, agreed to abandon a lawsuit seeking release of all information held by the department. Madeleine vanished from the family’s apartment in Praia da Luz on May 3, 2007, shortly before her fourth birthday."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/08/world/europe/08briefs-ACCORDINMISS_BRF.html?ref=madeleinemccann

Do you suppose the McCanns would have the right to threaten the MET with a lawsuit seeking the release of all information once they (the MET) are conducting an active investigation within the UK?

Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13387

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 21.06.13 10:23

Lostfridge wrote:

I will repeat my main point again.. WHY NOW?. Why would the UK powers that be suddenly help to conclude this now? they had the chance years ago. This is the simple reason I do not trust the SY review.

IMO there wasn't enough evidence to charge them in 2007. But by bringing the case over here SY can include phone records and possibly the evidence of Kevin Halligen - who knows what he told the police when he was arrested and questioned?

I actually think all this started with Halligens arrest and what he told the police about his dealings with the McCanns and the 'fund money'.
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 21.06.13 10:33

Lostfridge:

________________________________________________________________________________

Because Rebekah and Charlie, Camerons REAL bestest mates, country suppers and all that, and Andy Coulson, Camerons "deserves a second chance' advisor (EX) at No 10, are to stand trial in Sept 2013?
For perverting the course of justice.
What better DISTRACTION would there be IF another 'group' of people were to be arrested and charged with perverting the course of justice in a childs disappearance, and possibly worse than that, case?
Headlines in papers, NI, Murdoch press, would not be about RB,CB and AC, appearing in court, but would be about the Madeleine case 'solved' and with people charged.
JOB DONE!

Given Murdochs 'i'm here to PROTECT this one (RB)' what chance KM?
RB OR KM?
Watch out for the bus, Kate!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.06.13 10:36

I can think of dozens of reasons why now. Off the top of my head (and all hypothetically):

- Rebekah Brooks is no friend of the McCanns. She paid them a huge amount of money and wants a return on that investment. Serialising the book was effectively the end of the story. A quiet word with her old pal David Cameron, a review is announced and suddenly the McCanns are headline news again. If they are arrested, newspaper sales will go through the roof.

- The police have had their reputation tarnished, This is a chance to show the world that Scotland Yard's finest can solve one of the most famous cases in the world.

- As jeanmonroe says, to bury bad news. If the McCann's are arrested, there will be no other news for months.

It could be a whitewash but it's a hugely cack-handed way of going about it. People aren't stupid - you can polish the McCanns, you can roll them in glitter but their reputations will be forever tarnished.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 21.06.13 10:42

Poe;

And, of course, all those sychophantic 'supporters' will be shouting from the rooftops 'THEY DIDN'T FOOL ME, NOT FOR A SINGLE SECOND, I ALWAYS KNEW THEY WERE DODGY FROM THE BEGINNING, I WAS JUST LICKING THEIR ASSES FOR SIX YEARS TO LULL THEM INTO MAKING A MISTAKE!'
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 21.06.13 11:02

The Daily Mail said that the government will make an announcement within the next few weeks, although it's not clear what such an announcement is to confirm/deny. The government need to get their skates on....or do they.

The Royal baby is due on/around 11th July. Every newspaper packed to the gills with the royal arrival. Great time for a government to skim over political things that would otherwise be sensational.

Parliamentary Recess

Recess

House rises

House returns
Whitsun 21 May 2013 3 June 2013
Summer 18 July 2013 2 September 2013
Conference 13 September 2013 8 October 2013
November 12 November 2013 18 November 2013
Christmas 19 December 2013 6 January 2014

Brooks court case September 9th

Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13387

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 21.06.13 11:20

aquila wrote:The Daily Mail said that the government will make an announcement within the next few weeks, although it's not clear what such an announcement is to confirm/deny. The government need to get their skates on....or do they.

The Royal baby is due on/around 11th July. Every newspaper packed to the gills with the royal arrival. Great time for a government to skim over political things that would otherwise be sensational.

God help us, the royal baby.....The 24/7 MSM coverage is going to be unbearable. But, this I totally agree will be the ideal time to bury bad news so keep a close (one) eye on the secondary news

I think the mccann announcement will be 'an announcement' that SY have officially opened their investigation with all the details of the millions of tax payers money they will be spending to whitewash the truth to follow up the new "leads" of physics and dead paedos

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 21.06.13 11:23

Conservative Party Conference 2013
Conference 2013 is being held in Manchester from Sunday 29th September to Wednesday 2nd October 2013.

" brilliant piece of detective work by you David, and you involving SY, absolutely marvellous getting to the truth about Madeleine, we shan't be challenging you for the leadership this year, outstanding perception'
'you always said the parents were dodgy, and as for them using your poor child as a guilt trip, utterly disgusting'
Throw away the key!
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 21.06.13 11:44

The announcement by the Daily Mail that SY will be announcing something in a couple of weeks sounds suspect to me - who gave them that information I wonder?

It was only about a month or so ago that GM was saying that SY were going to announce something in a couple of weeks.

Sounds as if the info is coming from McCann camp.

Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 11 Empty scotland yard takes over

Post by marconi 21.06.13 11:57

jeanmonroe wrote:Conservative Party Conference 2013
Conference 2013 is being held in Manchester from Sunday 29th September to Wednesday 2nd October 2013.

" brilliant piece of detective work by you David, and you involving SY, absolutely marvellous getting to the truth about Madeleine, we shan't be challenging you for the leadership this year, outstanding perception'
'you always said the parents were dodgy, and as for them using your poor child as a guilt trip, utterly disgusting'
Throw away the key!

Kate was intending to launch her book on April the 28th but she postponed it to May the 12th. The reason was Wi'lliam's wedding.
He brought luck to Madeleine: the Yard got involved in it.
Now the royal baby is expected for July the 11th, who knows it will bring luck again:  Parents in custody.
marconi

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 21.06.13 11:58

Woofer wrote:The announcement by the Daily Mail that SY will be announcing something in a couple of weeks sounds suspect to me - who gave them that information I wonder?

It was only about a month or so ago that GM was saying that SY were going to announce something in a couple of weeks.

Sounds as if the info is coming from McCann camp.

Of course

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 21.06.13 12:22

in the London evening standard
New hope in Maddy inquiry as CPS lawyers travel to Portugal
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 21.06.13 12:27

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 11 Justin%20Davenport,%20Crime%20Editor

21 June 2013

Government lawyers have travelled to Portugal to meet police and prosecution officials to discuss new leads in the Madeleine McCann inquiry.

The trip is the first time that lawyers from the Crown Prosecution Service have visited Portugal in connection with Scotland Yard’s £5 million review of the case.
Home Secretary Theresa May is now expected to  announce a full-scale Yard investigation into the disappearance of three-year-old Madeleine in May 2007.
London’s chief crown prosecutor Alison Saunders and her deputy Jenny Hopkins flew to Portugal in April to meet counterparts to discuss leads identified in the Met’s review.
Last month the Standard revealed that detectives had identified a list of potential suspects. Detective Chief Superintendent Hamish Campbell, who supervised the review, said there were a “good number” of people who should be questioned as well as “further forensic opportunities”.
The list is thought to number around 20, including Britons. The potential suspects are thought to include a handful of known child-sex offenders who are believed to have been in the Algarve when Madeleine disappeared.
The visit by senior CPS lawyers underlines the belief among senior detectives that the case could be solved.
Portuguese police led the search for Madeleine after she went missing from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz while her parents dined nearby.
The investigation was shelved in 2008 but the Yard launched a Home Office-funded review in 2011 after David Cameron intervened at the request of Madeleine’s parents, Kate and Gerry McCann. The review team examined hundreds of thousands of documents from the Portuguese investigation and enquiries by a private detective agency employed by Madeleine’s family and identified 195 potential leads.
A full Yard investigation would allow police to interview suspects in Britain though they would seek the assistance of the Portuguese to carry out any enquiries there.
A CPS spokesman said: “We continue to work with the police on this case.”
A Home Office spokesman said it had agreed to “provide the Metropolitan Police with the resources they need”.
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top