The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Latest from PeterMac's FREE e-book: CHAPTER 63 SMITH-GERRY-MAN SCRUTINISED - Page 12 Mm11

Latest from PeterMac's FREE e-book: CHAPTER 63 SMITH-GERRY-MAN SCRUTINISED - Page 12 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Latest from PeterMac's FREE e-book: CHAPTER 63 SMITH-GERRY-MAN SCRUTINISED - Page 12 Mm11

Latest from PeterMac's FREE e-book: CHAPTER 63 SMITH-GERRY-MAN SCRUTINISED - Page 12 Regist10

Latest from PeterMac's FREE e-book: CHAPTER 63 SMITH-GERRY-MAN SCRUTINISED

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Latest from PeterMac's FREE e-book: CHAPTER 63 SMITH-GERRY-MAN SCRUTINISED - Page 12 Empty Re: Latest from PeterMac's FREE e-book: CHAPTER 63 SMITH-GERRY-MAN SCRUTINISED

Post by Bluebagthepirate Yesterday at 16:44

crusader wrote:I keep forgetting to ask Bluebag, where can I read about Smith forgetting it was Gerry in 2008?
Media interviews January 2008.

Wanted to help the McCanns in every way he could.
Bluebagthepirate
Bluebagthepirate

Activity : 797

crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Latest from PeterMac's FREE e-book: CHAPTER 63 SMITH-GERRY-MAN SCRUTINISED - Page 12 Empty Re: Latest from PeterMac's FREE e-book: CHAPTER 63 SMITH-GERRY-MAN SCRUTINISED

Post by crusader Yesterday at 16:51

Thanks for that Bluebag, I never heard that before.
crusader
crusader

Activity : 6741

Back to top Go down

Post by Honesty Yesterday at 17:03

Which media interviews were these. Could you post links to them, please.
Honesty
Honesty

Activity : 127

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader Yesterday at 17:39

Thanks Ladyinred, Martin Smith has maintained he has never given any statement or photofits to anyone though.
According to a statement he made in Ireland on 30th January 2008, he said he was contacted by Brian Kennedy to take part on a photo fit exercise.
He said he has given no stories or helped in any photo fits.
He also sent solicitors letters to 6 newspapers because they misquoted him.
All the newspapers printed an apology and the Evening Herald paid his solicitors fees.

So in my opinion, Martin Smith never said he wanted to help the McCann's, it was all lies by the news media.
crusader
crusader

Nina, silly and AnneCGuedes like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader Yesterday at 17:41

crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebagthepirate Yesterday at 17:56

crusader wrote:here is his statement 30th January 2008

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm#p16-4134
I don't think so.
Bluebagthepirate
Bluebagthepirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebagthepirate Yesterday at 17:57

crusader wrote:Thanks Ladyinred, Martin Smith has maintained he has never given any statement or photofits to anyone though.
According to a statement he made in Ireland on 30th January 2008, he said he was contacted by Brian Kennedy to take part on a photo fit exercise.
All the newspapers printed an apology and the Evening Herald paid his solicitors fees.

So in my opinion, Martin Smith never said he wanted to help the McCann's, it was all lies by the news media.
Well he sued the papers, yes?
Bluebagthepirate
Bluebagthepirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cake Lover Yesterday at 17:58

My head has been spinning from Smithman; the older Smith family members may have been a bit  tiddly and their recollections faded, or became clearer, with time; they could have been threatened or blackmailed. I know I'm not clued up about this, but  have  any of those eventualities  been discussed and discounted?
Cake Lover
Cake Lover

Activity : 2696

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebagthepirate Yesterday at 17:59

crusader wrote:Thanks Ladyinred, Martin Smith has maintained he has never given any statement or photofits to anyone though.

Where are these printed apologies?
Bluebagthepirate
Bluebagthepirate

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader Yesterday at 18:18

Bluebag wrote
I don't think so

It is Bluebag, scroll down to near the bottom of the page
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes Yesterday at 18:22

crusader wrote:This one.

It's possible the tribe had been collected and were on their way when the bill was paid at Kelly's. That is another possibility, even if it's not a probability. 

A and T were the last ones to leave, they were still on the steps when Smithman appeared on top. Thanks to the low-angle shot A could see the fancy buttons.
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

Activity : 283

crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes Yesterday at 18:41

Honesty wrote:Which media interviews were these. Could you post links to them, please.

Through his behaviour in this story, MS showed he was a gentleman, as he was described by general opinion according to the Garda Síochána.  I find it quite expected that such a man, after examining his conscience and deciding to say what he thought, also felt a certain compassion for the man whose life this choice might put in jeopardy. A Kantian debate if ever there was one.
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader Yesterday at 18:44

In my opinion, that's why he said he was 60 to 80percent sure it was Gerry he saw.
crusader
crusader

AnneCGuedes likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebagthepirate Yesterday at 18:47

crusader wrote:Bluebag wrote
I don't think so

It is Bluebag, scroll down to near the bottom of the page
They are forwarding old stuff to each other and the new one doesn't say anything about gerry, just solicitors and newspapers.

There is nothing that says Smith thought it was still gerry.

There is plenty saying he wanted to help the McCanns.

Where can we see these newspaper apologies?

Id like to know what his complaint was.
Bluebagthepirate
Bluebagthepirate

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader Yesterday at 19:01

I can't help you with the newspapers Bluebag.
Martin Smith in his January 2008 statement said

I would like to state that my statement I made on 26th May 2007 in Portugal is correct.
He goes on to say after seeing Gerry McCann going down the aeroplane steps, he was 60 to 80 % it was Gerry he saw on 3rd May 2007.
He couldn't be any clearer in my opinion.
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebagthepirate Yesterday at 19:09

crusader wrote:I can't help you with the newspapers Bluebag.
Martin Smith in his January 2008 statement said

I would like to state that my statement I made on 26th May 2007 in Portugal is correct.
He goes on to say after seeing Gerry McCann going down the aeroplane steps, he was 60 to 80 % it was Gerry he saw on 3rd May 2007.
He couldn't be any clearer in my opinion.
That is a conflation of his statements.

He was very careful about what he said here.

Look at the facsmilies not the "helpful" text.

They are statements from different times.

The 60-80 statement was not from January.
Bluebagthepirate
Bluebagthepirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebagthepirate Yesterday at 19:35

In fact the Smith statement sent in January was from September because the PJ didn't get the actual statement so in January they were sent the actual statement.

Everything about about Gerry in the September mail exchange is in the actual statement they were sent in January.

In September they hadn't done the e-fits yet.
Bluebagthepirate
Bluebagthepirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Yesterday at 19:52

Is it just me? If I am not totally sure about something I say that I am not totally certain. How do you come by the not sure being 60 to 80 percent. To be so precise I would have to write 100 points down and tick off 60 as being correct then another 20 as not totally sure and the remaining 20 as being no. It just seems odd saying 60 to 80 percent.

Activity : 3394

pinkgladioli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader Yesterday at 19:57

8th November 2007 Joao Pereira contacted Bernard Gattney and requested he ask Martin Smith certain questions.
Martin Smith's statement dated 30th January 2008 was in answer to the questions asked.
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebagthepirate Yesterday at 20:06

crusader wrote:8th November 2007 Joao Pereira contacted Bernard Gattney and requested he ask Martin Smith certain questions.
Martin Smith's statement dated 30th January 2008 was in answer to the questions asked.
0k, I'm good with that.

January 2008 Smith told the media he was helping the McCanns all he could.

No more Gerry.

His statement is not dated 30th January by the way.
Bluebagthepirate
Bluebagthepirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebagthepirate Yesterday at 20:31

Martin Smith wrote:During that time I spoke to all my family members who were with me on the night of 3rd May 2007 about this and the only one who felt the same way as me was my wife.
Ahem.
Bluebagthepirate
Bluebagthepirate

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes Yesterday at 21:54

Bluebagthepirate wrote:

His statement is not dated 30th January by the way.

23 January.
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes Yesterday at 22:04

crusader wrote:8th November 2007 Joao Pereira contacted Bernard Gattney and requested he ask Martin Smith certain questions.

Some of Joao Carlos' questions are incredible considering MS' statement in Sept :
- Was it really Gerry McCann? Is he sure of this fact?
- Does he recognise Gerald McCann from the facial features or from the way he was carrying the child? (MS never spoke of facial features)
- Are his family members, namely the ones who were with him on May 3rd 2007, able to recognise the individual? 

It is interesting to observe that 5 days before Joao Carlos (this is the way he's called in the PJ) contact BG (Novembe 7), the national TV RTP1 broadcast "Anatomy of a disappearance" where Tannerman and Smithman (known by the PT public thanks to the Irish media) are fused together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0yiDD7DUCw&ab_channel=HiDeHo4
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebagthepirate Yesterday at 22:18

AnneCGuedes wrote:

Some of Joao Carlos' questions are incredible considering MS' statement in Sept :
- Was it really Gerry McCann? Is he sure of this fact?
- Does he recognise Gerald McCann from the facial features or from the way he was carrying the child? (MS never spoke of facial features)
- Are his family members, namely the ones who were with him on May 3rd 2007, able to recognise the individual? 

It is interesting to observe that 5 days before Joao Carlos (this is the way he's called in the PJ) contact BG (Novembe 7), the national TV RTP1 broadcast "Anatomy of a disappearance" where Tannerman and Smithman (known by the PT public thanks to the Irish media) are fused together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0yiDD7DUCw&ab_channel=HiDeHo4
I actually don't think the Irish Police bothered because they covered this in their September interview.

That's the one that was sent to the PJ on 30th of January.

All before the Smiths did the e-fits for the McCanns.
Bluebagthepirate
Bluebagthepirate

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top