The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

BRICK Reviews - Page 9 Mm11

BRICK Reviews - Page 9 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

BRICK Reviews - Page 9 Mm11

BRICK Reviews - Page 9 Regist10

BRICK Reviews

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BRICK Reviews - Page 9 Empty Re: BRICK Reviews

Post by pinkgladioli 03.09.24 7:45

Is it known what date the Smith’s first contacted the Police re the sighting they reported ? 
Did they report what they say they seen, was it the 4th May directly after their Daughter in Ireland contacted them or later? 

I know there police statement states 26 May  did he report it before then?
pinkgladioli
pinkgladioli

Activity : 170

Jojo1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 03.09.24 9:02

I'm not saying Pat B is right, I just don't know, but let's go along with it to see if what she say's could work.
The first part where Gerry or whoever put's Madeleine under an upturned boat on the beach, possible.
The second part where they went back later, removed Madeleine and hid her somewhere else, also possible.
The searches were called off at 4am, Kate said her and Gerry waited until daylight and then went out to search, it's possible they removed Madeleines body then.
But hiding the body under an upturned boat is risky, if Gerry could lift it, so could a man involved in the search and the search did include the beach area.
People in the search said they opened bins and looked behind walls, surely someone would have looked under a boat.
At the time the search was for a missing child, a perfect hiding place for a live child would be under a boat.
crusader
crusader

Activity : 6697

Nina and Jojo1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkgladioli 03.09.24 9:13

For a live child? 

Personally if I was part of a search for a missing child which included a beach area with boats it’s one the first places I would look to search
pinkgladioli
pinkgladioli

Nina, crusader and Jojo1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cake Lover 03.09.24 9:24

P.B. is a criminal profiler; perhaps a geographic profiler would have a better idea of the hiding, and subsequent hiding pace?
Cake Lover
Cake Lover

Activity : 2676

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebagthepirate 03.09.24 9:50

Why do people still think Gerry was walking around with a high risk of meeting someone like had happened to him 45 minutes earlier?

I don't get it.
Bluebagthepirate
Bluebagthepirate

Activity : 762

Nina, crusader, Jojo1 and pinkgladioli like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 03.09.24 10:05

pinkgladioli wrote
For a live child? 

Yes, the searchers thought that they were looking for a child that had wandered off.
So at that point nobody suspected that Madeleine was dead.
They could have thought she was hiding somewhere, under a boat maybe.
crusader
crusader

Nina, Cake Lover and Jojo1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 03.09.24 10:08

Bluebag wrote
Why do people still think Gerry was walking around with a high risk of meeting someone like had happened to him 45 minutes earlier?

I don't get it.

Somebody was walking around with a child though.
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkgladioli 03.09.24 10:10

To be honest I don’t get it either, not only the risk of meeting someone, but allegedly walking in a downward direction with a corpse in tow on roads and pavements that some are made up of small Portuguese paving tiles that your constantly watching your feet as they can be lethal and feel slippy underfoot even wearing sensible shoes 

I also don’t get if this sighting is seen as being so important why it was the 26 May before the Smiths gave statements 
Did they report the sighting straight after being contacted by their daughter who was in Ireland on the 4th May? 
Or wait until they were back in Ireland before doing so? 
Or have they made previous earlier statement held back by the PJ?
pinkgladioli
pinkgladioli

Nina, Bluebagthepirate and Jojo1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 03.09.24 10:28

I hope this link will open. Lots of photographs of the fishing boats of the Algarve. Now how the devil can Gerry lift one of these over to secrete a child under I find impossible. Maybe it's owner can because he has the knack, the brawn and the history of doing it but not Gerry despite all his keep fit regimes. 

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/algarve-fishing-boat.html?sortBy=relevant

Activity : 3387

crusader, Shash T, Jojo1 and pinkgladioli like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 03.09.24 10:34

Perhaps a small fiberglass canoe would have been possible but anyone looking for a missing child would look under there.
I'm inclined to think it never happened.
And the ego's would have been on display, any of the searchers that night would have wanted to be the one to find her.
They would have left "No boat unturned"
crusader
crusader

Nina, Shash T, Jojo1 and pinkgladioli like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 03.09.24 10:45

crusader wrote:Perhaps a small fiberglass canoe would have been possible but anyone looking for a missing child would look under there.
I'm inclined to think it never happened.
And the ego's would have been on display, any of the searchers that night would have wanted to be the one to find her.
They would have left "No boat unturned"
Also not a secure enough location to hide something you don't want finding. The fishermen could go out to fish any time of day or night. We have a deceased child already releasing cadaverine so wherever she was first. second, or final hiding place the scent of cadaverine would be left. I have a vague recollection that the area where the upturned boats were was searched. Sure I have seen that mentioned along with a photograph but as per can't find it.

crusader and Jojo1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 03.09.24 10:46

I think the 26th May statement is the first one they made.
They had a "lightbulb" moment back in Ireland about remembering what they saw that night.
Peter Smith was told about the missing child on the 4th May when he was at the airport in Portugal by someone he knew.
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice for Maddie 03.09.24 10:57

Why did Mr. Smith change the statement about the sighting weeks later, because he saw Gerry carring Sean? Because it was Gerry?  Or is it a red herring?
 thinking
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Maybe he hid the body between rocks and bushes on the beach?
Justice for Maddie
Justice for Maddie

Activity : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkgladioli 03.09.24 11:03

From Martin Smith’s statement =
He only became aware of the disappearance of the child the next morning, through his daughter L…., in Ireland who had sent him a message or called him regarding what happened
pinkgladioli
pinkgladioli

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 03.09.24 11:11

pinkgladioli wrote
He only became aware of the disappearance of the child the next morning, through his daughter L…., in Ireland who had sent him a message or called him regarding what happened

Then he forgot all about it until he suddenly remembered much later and put 2 and 2 together
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkgladioli 03.09.24 11:36

I’ve got no idea if the following is true although it mentions the McC’s and Kelly’s bar

My last and final word on the McCann’s, As you know I live on a small farm just outside Luz three months of the year. I have lived here for 25 years. I arrived in Luz, a week after Maddie vanished and I was here (where I am now) for a three month sabbatical.

I loved the whole McCann experience. On my first day of my sabbatical, I walked into town with my son. It’s a long walk but the weather was beautiful. We wandered down to the beach and the first person we bumped into (literally) was Gerry McCann, it was 9.30am and eight days after her dissapearance, he was standing in his swimmers, a phone in one hand and slugging San Miguel beer in the other, I couldn’t believe it. His twins were playing games with his sister Philomena, who was sporting a Celtic top. We then went up to the Baptists’s supermarket where we encountered Kate who was giggling with a friend and laughing at our oddly shaped and locally produced tomatoes.
The body language was odd to say the least to say the least and during the course of the next three months I bumped into them regularly in the local pubs (Kelly’s or The Bull) or the beach

John James site blog (Scottish football blog)  
Posted by Jon Maddie case files 

I wonder if their is any truth in this and if so is their a possibility of frequenting the bar at the same time as the Smiths?
pinkgladioli
pinkgladioli

Nina, Bluebagthepirate, Jojo1 and Clishmaclaver like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 03.09.24 11:45

Justice for Maddie wrote:Why did Mr. Smith change the statement about the sighting weeks later, because he saw Gerry carring Sean? Because it was Gerry?  Or is it a red herring?
 thinking

What an excellent find Justice for Madeleine. Never seen that before. Lots of places to hide something but not a dead body you are carrying in your arms.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkgladioli 03.09.24 11:51

crusader wrote:pinkgladioli wrote

Then he forgot all about it until he suddenly remembered much later and put 2 and 2 together
IMO I just don’t buy it! granted I’m using my own personal experience as an example, when you hear about an appeal for a missing child and you happen to have been in the same area at the time of the appeal you dissect every part of that time in minute detail and you play it over in your head right away then act by contacting the authorities 
Given your blessed with children and Grandchildren that are precious to you even more so 
I just can’t fathom why anyone in this situation could possibly wait nearly two weeks and have a light bulb moment at what they say they saw in a narrow street in a small town
pinkgladioli
pinkgladioli

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 03.09.24 11:53

pinkgladioli wrote:I’ve got no idea if the following is true although it mentions the McC’s and Kelly’s bar

My last and final word on the McCann’s, As you know I live on a small farm just outside Luz three months of the year. I have lived here for 25 years. I arrived in Luz, a week after Maddie vanished and I was here (where I am now) for a three month sabbatical.

I loved the whole McCann experience. On my first day of my sabbatical, I walked into town with my son. It’s a long walk but the weather was beautiful. We wandered down to the beach and the first person we bumped into (literally) was Gerry McCann, it was 9.30am and eight days after her dissapearance, he was standing in his swimmers, a phone in one hand and slugging San Miguel beer in the other, I couldn’t believe it. His twins were playing games with his sister Philomena, who was sporting a Celtic top. We then went up to the Baptists’s supermarket where we encountered Kate who was giggling with a friend and laughing at our oddly shaped and locally produced tomatoes.
The body language was odd to say the least to say the least and during the course of the next three months I bumped into them regularly in the local pubs (Kelly’s or The Bull) or the beach

I wonder if their is any truth in this and if so is their a possibility of frequenting the bar at the same time as the Smiths?
I would say this was true in as much as seeing the parents and their visitors looking as though they were on holiday rather than working incredibly hard to find their lost daughter. I remember clearly seeing a piece on a Spanish news programme showing a view filmed through shrubbery of the McCanns and again big sister Phil sat outside a cafebar looking as though they were having a wonderful time.

crusader, Jojo1, pinkgladioli and Clishmaclaver like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice for Maddie 03.09.24 11:57

pinkgladioli wrote:

IMO I just don’t buy it! granted I’m using my own personal experience as an example, when you hear about an appeal for a missing child and you happen to have been in the same area at the time of the appeal you dissect every part of that time in minute detail and you play it over in your head right away then act by contacting the authorities 
Given your blessed with children and Grandchildren that are precious to you even more so 
I just can’t fathom why anyone in this situation could possibly wait nearly two weeks and have a light bulb moment at what they say they saw in a narrow street in a small town

Exactly. The case was so big in the news back then. That's why the Smith comment is strange. But who knows.
Justice for Maddie
Justice for Maddie

Nina, crusader, Jojo1 and pinkgladioli like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkgladioli 03.09.24 12:04

Nina wrote:
pinkgladioli wrote:I’ve got no idea if the following is true although it mentions the McC’s and Kelly’s bar

I would say this was true in as much as seeing the parents and their visitors looking as though they were on holiday rather than working incredibly hard to find their lost daughter. I remember clearly seeing a piece on a Spanish news programme showing a view filmed through shrubbery of the McCanns and again big sister Phil sat outside a cafebar looking as though they were having a wonderful time.
Apologies for the typo  should read lived and not loved
pinkgladioli
pinkgladioli

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice for Maddie 03.09.24 12:05

Nina wrote:
Justice for Maddie wrote:Why did Mr. Smith change the statement about the sighting weeks later, because he saw Gerry carring Sean? Because it was Gerry?  Or is it a red herring?
 thinking

What an excellent find Justice for Madeleine. Never seen that before. Lots of places to hide something but not a dead body you are carrying in your arms.

Why not? If Gerry was really Smithman he could hid the body between rocks and bushes in the beach area until the body removal. Did they investigate the beach area with dogs back then?
Justice for Maddie
Justice for Maddie

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes 03.09.24 12:15

PeterMac wrote:Pat is fixated on Smithman and it runing the risk of 'interpreting' the bits of evidence we have to fit her hypothesis
Like Clarke has done, and Wolters for that matter.

If I understand her position correctly, Smithman = Gerry carries the body down to the rocks just south of the Smithman point, hides her under an upturned boat, and tehn niops back ot the Tapas in time for the next Act

THEN - and this is the killer - he or they return during the night, retrieve the body and carry it along the beach to Rocha Negra where they hide it again.

I make no observation about the Full moon, cloudless sky, number of Police and tourists and dogs searching everywhere, fishing boats  in the bay from around 3am,  Smithman timing 9;58pm at the earliest, Alarm timing anywhere from 9:30pm to 10pm. or a lot more.

I am not saying it is wrong.  I just don't see how it can work.  And I see NO evidence for any of it.

There is surely no evidence of a concealing under an upturned boat (that was an idea of The dust under the carpet's Jeanne Darc, smart, but no..) and of a return during the night to retrieve the body etc.
I personnaly am "fixated" on Smithman (with a valid reason for that, and not only Pat's one), but I think also that the body had gone out of PdL before the sun rise, and not in the ocean. No evidence though except the MCs' extraordinary relief after 48 hours...
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

Activity : 272

Nina, crusader and silly like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes 03.09.24 12:18

His son Peter suddenly put 2 and 2 together and the family met to join memories.
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

crusader, silly and Jojo1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneCGuedes 03.09.24 12:24

crusader wrote:I'm not saying Pat B is right, I just don't know, but let's go along with it to see if what she say's could work.
The first part where Gerry or whoever put's Madeleine under an upturned boat on the beach, possible.
The second part where they went back later, removed Madeleine and hid her somewhere else, also possible.
The searches were called off at 4am, Kate said her and Gerry waited until daylight and then went out to search, it's possible they removed Madeleines body then.
But hiding the body under an upturned boat is risky, if Gerry could lift it, so could a man involved in the search and the search did include the beach area.
People in the search said they opened bins and looked behind walls, surely someone would have looked under a boat.
At the time the search was for a missing child, a perfect hiding place for a live child would be under a boat.

Remember that on that first night people were looking for a living child who was lost or might have injured herself, not for a little girl killed by a predator or hidden somewhere. On the second day it changed.
AnneCGuedes
AnneCGuedes

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top