The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Bearing False Witness - Page 3 Mm11

Bearing False Witness - Page 3 Regist10

Bearing False Witness

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bearing False Witness - Page 3 Empty Re: Bearing False Witness

Post by Verdi on 03.09.20 22:07

I stand corrected - it's a while since I watched the production.

It is my intention to watch again, I've recently re-subscribed to Netflix so will be having a closer look in due course.

If it's not too much trouble, can you please tell me which episode and a rough idea of the timing you refer to so I know what I'm looking for?

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Activity : 25318

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloalexandre on 03.09.20 22:41

@Verdi wrote:If it's not too much trouble, can you please tell me which episode and a rough idea of the timing you refer to so I know what I'm looking for?
If you're looking for segments featuring Mr. Amaral (discounting archived footage), he appears in every episode except the last one.

In the first episode, he appears around the 20-minute mark, if I'm not mistaken.

It's also been a while since I watched the documentary (last time I viewed it was last year).

"I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a man's shoes?" - Red from The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre

Activity : 613

Back to top Go down

Post by miffy8 on 03.09.20 22:59

Transcription 2:

'I was working that night at something called 'Drop-in Creche'. We had one child left and... errm, the mother came in, picked up the child and just mentioned 'Hang on a minute, I've just seen a guy who's run past me, who seemed really distressed and I recognised him as being a guest at Mark Warner, but he was shouting out something like 'Maddie' or 'Abbey' or 'Gabby'.'

Transcription 3:

'I went straight to the apartment. I sort of walked in, did a quick scan around and been told 'No, no. She's not here, she's not here'.

It's all in the name

I do not believe Charlotte Pennington was where she said she was at this time. She gives an account of a mother collecting her child and informing her that she had just seen a distressed guy calling out Maddie, Abbey, or Gabby. The McCann's did not refer to Madeleine as Maddie so unlikely that any of their friends would use this informal version either which in turn makes it even less likely that it would be called out aloud in the hope she would respond. Neither would the creche workers know her as Maddie, Abbey, or Gabby to be certain enough to immediately dash off to the relevant apartment, assuming a) CP knew which apartment the McCann's occupied and b) she was of course immediately free to do so at that precise moment in time thanks to the sudden and convenient 'on cue' relief of the 'only remaining' child's' mother. All very improbable to me. Maybe this qualifies for the Shaggy Dog story thread?  thinking

Activity : 151

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 04.09.20 0:25

The unforgettable Nigel Moore who spent so many hours documenting just about every aspect of Madeleine McCann's disappearance.  In particular the abysmal media coverage from day one.  I, for one, rue the day Nigel threw in the towel and ended his oh so valued website, the mccannfiles - my bible for many a year.

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t16543-a-closer-look-at-charlotte-pennington#404720

Thanks for everything Nigel hat .

BTW .... super avatar pic miffy8 - what/where is it?

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 04.09.20 0:45

@pauloalexandre wrote:
@Verdi wrote:If it's not too much trouble, can you please tell me which episode and a rough idea of the timing you refer to so I know what I'm looking for?
If you're looking for segments featuring Mr. Amaral (discounting archived footage), he appears in every episode except the last one.

In the first episode, he appears around the 20-minute mark, if I'm not mistaken.

It's also been a while since I watched the documentary (last time I viewed it was last year).
Yes, I recall Snr Amaral being featured throughout the documentary but I don't recall any footage (interview) that indicates his willing participation.

Still, as I said, I will be watching the whole thing again in due course.

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum