The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

"She's Cowering In a Wardrobe Or Something" Kate McCann on Oprah - Page 3 Mm11

"She's Cowering In a Wardrobe Or Something" Kate McCann on Oprah - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

"She's Cowering In a Wardrobe Or Something" Kate McCann on Oprah - Page 3 Mm11

"She's Cowering In a Wardrobe Or Something" Kate McCann on Oprah - Page 3 Regist10

"She's Cowering In a Wardrobe Or Something" Kate McCann on Oprah

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"She's Cowering In a Wardrobe Or Something" Kate McCann on Oprah - Page 3 Empty Re: "She's Cowering In a Wardrobe Or Something" Kate McCann on Oprah

Post by spacestar 31.01.17 9:19

MayMuse wrote:Kate says she quickly looked through the wardrobes, I wonder how long it took her to move the travel cots so she could open the wardrobe doors,as I recall from the crime photos of the bedroom, there wasn't much room to swing a cat let alone fling open wardrobes...and all without disturbing the sleeping twins?

More to the point, how would she have expected Madeleine to be able to have the strength to fling open the wardrobes given the position of the cots, considering according to these two there was no way she would have the strength to open the patio door??  nah
spacestar

Activity : 46

Back to top Go down

"She's Cowering In a Wardrobe Or Something" Kate McCann on Oprah - Page 3 Empty Re: "She's Cowering In a Wardrobe Or Something" Kate McCann on Oprah

Post by worriedmum 31.01.17 20:38

Still trying to work out Gerry thinks is the 'biggest insult as a parent' because he himself appears to exclude being part of her disappearance...
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by empath 02.02.17 13:40

Verdi wrote:Hate to be overly critical (snort!) but..  according to Gerry McCann when he checked on the children at 9.something pm on the night of 3rd May he noticed the children's bedroom door was open wider than they left it, he looked in the children - had his proud father moment admiring his beautiful daughter (not the twins!?!) - and left them alone again.  Probably nothing but as he places such emphasis on how they left the bedroom door, I would assume he left it as he claimed they usually did.

However .. according to Kate McCann during the Oprah interview, when she checked on the children at approximately 10.00 pm on the night of 3rd May, she also noticed the door was not as they left it when leaving for dinner until for some inexplicable reason the door slam dunked because, she presumes, a strong current of air caused by the open window - which incidentally wasn't open.  She apparently assumed it was Matt Oldfield that altered the position of the door when he did the interim check.

Geeez - it's worse than a Brian Rix bedroom farce.

Thank you Hobbs for again drawing attention to the Oprah Winfrey interview, fascinating case study in itself and only two years after Madeleine's disappearance.  Anyone out there who still think the McCanns are totally without blame - watch listen and learn.  If I didn't know better I'd swear GM was covertly making lerve to Ms Winfrey, after all he appeared to flirting with 'ask the dogs Sandra' didn't he?  I haven't reached 'cowering' bit yet, feat. Gerald lounging about looking cock sure of himself but to be getting on with, this I thought to be an example of why the word 'cowering' might have been used with reference to Madeleine..

"She's Cowering In a Wardrobe Or Something" Kate McCann on Oprah - Page 3 83449-madeleine-mccann-libel-trial-delayed-for-a-month
had his proud father moment admiring his beautiful daughter  IN A ROOM THAT WAS NICE AND DARK WITH SHUTTERS DOWN AND CURTAINS, HIS OWN WORDS THE ROOM WAS NICE AND DARK, How can you notice how beautiful your sleeping child is in  A DARK ROOM ?  How did Kate not immediately notice the change of DARKNESS when she went to check on them ???   Shutters would act as a BLACKOUT BLIND they would block out LIGHT. If as Kate suggested the shutters were up and the window was open, she would have noticed how much LIGHTER THE ROOM WOULD BE, just like she NOTICED THE DOOR WAS MORE OPEN. I would hope that the police have done a re enactment of this theory, just to rule out the fact Gerry wouldnt have been able to see Maddies BEAUTY IN A ROOM THAT HAD SHUTTERS AND CURTAINS 
empath
empath

Activity : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Manilva Liz 22.05.18 21:12

Did I read somewhere, a while ago, that Mathew Oldfield, after his “check” told someone, that Madeleine wasn’t in her bed , and had wondered where she slept?....if this is right, then why didn’t he carry on with his check, and look in the parents bedroom I can’t seem to find this now.
Manilva Liz
Manilva Liz

Activity : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 22.05.18 21:59

Hello Manilva Liz and welcome

If you did read such a story I venture to suggest it's a load of nonsense.  Apart from the fact that Madeleine McCann almost certainly 'disappeared' long before the night of Thursday 3rd May 2007 and the alleged checking system was nothing but fabrication, this is what the witnesses had to say..

Matthew Oldfield witness statement - 4th May 2007

At around 9.25pm, the interviewee went into his apartment and Madeleine's apartment to check on the children. He states that the door of the bedroom that was occupied by Madeleine and the twins, was open and that there was enough light in the bedroom for him to see the twins in their cots. That he couldn't see the bed occupied by Madeleine, but as it was all quiet, he deduced that she was sleeping. That the light was not from an artificial source inside the apartment, but perhaps something coming from outside through the bedroom window. That it seemed to him that the shutters of the Master' bedroom window were open without knowing if the window was also open.

The apartment has two bedrooms, a lounge, a small kitchen and a bathroom. The couple's bedroom has a window which is visible from the restaurant. The children's bedroom windows look out on the road outside the tourist complex. Then the interviewee went back to the restaurant.

He states that the bedroom has two windows. The twins occupy two cots placed in the middle of the room and Madeleine occupies a bed pushed against the wall, facing the wall which has the two windows that look out onto the outside of the complex. That the door through which he entered the apartment was closed but not locked. That he doesn't know if it is usual for Madeleine's parents to leave the door closed but not locked because that door is visible from the restaurant.

Kate McCann witness statement - 4th May 2007

Around 9.30pm was the time the interviewee should have gone to see her children, but her friend Matt (a member of the group) had just done a check in his apartment then gone to the interviewee's. He had entered the apartment by a glass sliding side door, that was always unlocked and once inside had not gone into the children's bedroom. He only looked through the door, and did not hear any noise. He went back to the restaurant and said that everything was fine.

At around 10pm, the interviewee went to check on the children. She went into the apartment by the side door, which was closed but not locked, as she said before. She noticed that the door to her children's bedroom was completely open, the window was also open, the shutters raised and the curtains open, while she was certain of having closed them all as she always did.

Faced with this situation,she verified that the twins were in their respective beds, unlike Madeleine, who had disappeared. The cover was pulled back and the toys were on the pillow as usual. After searching the whole apartment thoroughly, the interviewee went back, scared and shocked, to the restaurant, to alert her husband and the others to the disappearance.

On other occasions, Kate McCann said Madeleine wasn't in her bed so she first looked in their bedroom to see if Madeleine had crept in their bed, something she had done in the past.  Maybe that's what you read?

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42327

Back to top Go down

Post by Manilva Liz 22.05.18 22:43

Did I read somewhere, a while ago, that Mathew Oldfield, after his “check” told someone, that Madeleine wasn’t in her bed , and had wondered where she slept?....if this is right, then why didn’t he carry on with his check, and look in the parents bedroom I can’t seem to find this now.
Manilva Liz
Manilva Liz

Activity : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 22.05.18 22:47

Sorry Manilva Liz, I don't understand.

Why have you repeated your original post?

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 22.05.18 22:48

I think she's probably used the recycle post widget thingy in the corner?

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 40919

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 22.05.18 22:50

Ah yes, that would explain it thumbsup albeit one and a half hours later.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 22.05.18 23:52

spacestar wrote:
MayMuse wrote:Kate says she quickly looked through the wardrobes, I wonder how long it took her to move the travel cots so she could open the wardrobe doors,as I recall from the crime photos of the bedroom, there wasn't much room to swing a cat let alone fling open wardrobes...and all without disturbing the sleeping twins?

More to the point, how would she have expected Madeleine to be able to have the strength to fling open the wardrobes given the position of the cots, considering according to these two there was no way she would have the strength to open the patio door??  nah
Not only move the cots in order to get in to the wardrobe but also cunningly move the said cots back in front of them , while still inside,so that Kate wouldn't realise she could be cowering in them.... huh
worriedmum
worriedmum

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs 23.05.18 23:36

spacestar wrote:

More to the point, how would Maddie have been able to move the cots back into position whilst cowering in the wardrobe behind closed doors?

Researcher/Analyst

Activity : 1825

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 24.05.18 8:21

@Minilva - morning.

This may have been a thread you'd read a while ago re: Matthew/Madeleine.

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t13948-matthew-i-have-a-couple-of-questions-for-you-re-your-bedroom-check?highlight=matthew

It was Rachael Oldfield who stated in her Rogatory that Matthew wasn't sure where Madeleine was sleeping.

The more I think about the idea of leaving an almost 4 year old alone with her 2 year old siblings, the more incredulous I become that the McCanns expect it to be believed. 

When parents go out for an evening and leave children in the care of a baby sitter, 4 year olds know what is happening. If they are asleep when the parents leave they have already been told who is going to be there looking after them. If they awaken they are not alarmed.

Imagine, as a 4 year old with 2 year old siblings, being put to bed by your parents in a strange place and then falling quickly to sleep. You then wake up at some time later for whatever reason but possibly after a bad dream and call for your parents. They don't come. You get out of bed and go to their bedroom. They're not there, and you have no idea where they are or what has happened, because no one has told you. The panic sets in. 

What type of parent would go out and leave an almost 4 year old little girl in this situation. Not only that, they leave the patio door unlocked. Don't forget, whatever the McCanns tell us, David Payne stated clearly that the older children were quite capable of opening the large patio doors and getting out onto their balcony (at lunch times). 

It didn't happen.
skyrocket
skyrocket

Activity : 1537

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil with a brush 25.05.18 4:55

skyrocket wrote:
The more I think about the idea of leaving an almost 4 year old alone with her 2 year old siblings, the more incredulous I become that the McCanns expect it to be believed. 

When parents go out for an evening and leave children in the care of a baby sitter, 4 year olds know what is happening. If they are asleep when the parents leave they have already been told who is going to be there looking after them. If they awaken they are not alarmed.

Imagine, as a 4 year old with 2 year old siblings, being put to bed by your parents in a strange place and then falling quickly to sleep. You then wake up at some time later for whatever reason but possibly after a bad dream and call for your parents. They don't come. You get out of bed and go to their bedroom. They're not there, and you have no idea where they are or what has happened, because no one has told you. The panic sets in. 

What type of parent would go out and leave an almost 4 year old little girl in this situation. Not only that, they leave the patio door unlocked. Don't forget, whatever the McCanns tell us, David Payne stated clearly that the older children were quite capable of opening the large patio doors and getting out onto their balcony (at lunch times). 

It didn't happen.

clapping1

Absolutely Skyrocket. There are numerous awful things that could happen. Parents don't leave children alone who are older than that. Never mind a four year old. Never mind EVEN more, two year olds! The dangers are all too apparent for those of us who are new to parenting. How much more apparent for two doctors?

As for the doors being unlocked, it's utter nonsense. Nobody would do that. If you really were that desperate to pop out for just minutes while they were asleep, you lock them in. Period. You cannot have it both ways. These parents are arguing both......because they need to.

Activity : 242

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 27.05.18 0:04

Basil with a brush wrote:
skyrocket wrote:

It didn't happen.

clapping1

Absolutely Skyrocket. There are numerous awful things that could happen. Parents don't leave children alone who are older than that. Never mind a four year old. Never mind EVEN more, two year olds! The dangers are all too apparent for those of us who are new to parenting. How much more apparent for two doctors?

As for the doors being unlocked, it's utter nonsense. Nobody would do that. If you really were that desperate to pop out for just minutes while they were asleep, you lock them in. Period. You cannot have it both ways. These parents are arguing both......because they need to.
And what is more , the McCanns say they left their children alone like this even AFTER Madeleine and or Madeleine/Sean 'woke up the previous evening' AND THEN THEY LEFT THEM AGAIN... it just beggars belief, doesn't it?
worriedmum
worriedmum

Back to top Go down

Post by KMC 30.06.19 0:14

Do you have transcripts of the Oprah interview by any chance?
KMC

Activity : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 30.06.19 0:29

KMC wrote:Do you have transcripts of the Oprah interview by any chance?

It's here KMC..

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t14374-mccann-interview-and-videotranscripts#372624

A somewhat belated welcome to the forum thumbsup

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 30.06.19 7:37

5 nights in succession ?
9 parents ?
8 children – all but 2 under the age of 3     ? ? ?

It didn't happen
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16570

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top