The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Celebrity McCann sceptic - Lisa Riley "I've changed my opinion of Kate McCann" Mm11

Celebrity McCann sceptic - Lisa Riley "I've changed my opinion of Kate McCann" Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Celebrity McCann sceptic - Lisa Riley "I've changed my opinion of Kate McCann" Mm11

Celebrity McCann sceptic - Lisa Riley "I've changed my opinion of Kate McCann" Regist10

Celebrity McCann sceptic - Lisa Riley "I've changed my opinion of Kate McCann"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Celebrity McCann sceptic - Lisa Riley "I've changed my opinion of Kate McCann" Empty Celebrity McCann sceptic - Lisa Riley "I've changed my opinion of Kate McCann"

Post by Jill Havern 03.02.17 9:02

I know this has been posted on another thread but I didn't want it to get lost amongst the comments!  big grin

Celebrity McCann sceptic - Lisa Riley "I've changed my opinion of Kate McCann" Medium_KPqCdXAtTV9-2B5a6V05olqgZqbg5_FpTYiUbEiuW2w

LISA RILEY: 'I WENT TO PORTUGAL TO SEE WHERE MADELEINE MCCANN WENT MISSING!'

Lisa revealed today she visited Praia Da Luz in Portugal to investigate how Madeleine McCann went missing.

Lisa was so obsessed with the case that she travelled to the resort where Maddy was last seen and worked out how far the family’s holiday apartment was from the restaurant Kate and Gerry McCann dined in the night their daughter went missing in 2007.

'I didn’t want to judge Kate, so I got the book and I read it and I have to admit, chapter by chapter I kept changing my opinion of her,' Lisa said.

'When I was in the Algarve I did actually go and I went to the holiday complex where they were,' Lisa explained. 'I kind of wanted to judge where the restaurant was myself and the actual distance to the apartment.

'I haven’t got kids… would I have done it [left the kids alone]? No I wouldn’t. It’s a long way, it is a long way. I personally couldn’t have done that.'

http://www.itv.com/loosewomen/lisa-riley-i-went-to-the-resort-in-portugal-where-madeleine-mccann-went-missing-to-see-for-myself

thumbsup

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41572

Back to top Go down

Celebrity McCann sceptic - Lisa Riley "I've changed my opinion of Kate McCann" Empty Re: Celebrity McCann sceptic - Lisa Riley "I've changed my opinion of Kate McCann"

Post by ChippyM 03.02.17 9:28

She has had a career resurgence of late, founded on the shallow foundations of a 'body transformation' / weightloss. This transformation has qualified her to join the illustrious ranks of talking heads on itv daytime that include Jordan. (I refuse to use her 'serious' name laughat )

No way is she going to rock the boat and say what she thinks equivocally. It would be an end to her current gravy train.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Celebrity McCann sceptic - Lisa Riley "I've changed my opinion of Kate McCann" Empty Re: Celebrity McCann sceptic - Lisa Riley "I've changed my opinion of Kate McCann"

Post by MrsC 03.02.17 9:59

ChippyM wrote:She has had a career resurgence of late, founded on the shallow foundations of a 'body transformation' / weightloss. This transformation has qualified her to join the illustrious ranks of talking heads on itv daytime that include Jordan. (I refuse to use her 'serious' name laughat )

No way is she going to rock the boat and say what she thinks equivocally. It would be an end to her current gravy train.

I thought she did quite well considering. She managed to put her point across without damming the McCanns completely. clapping

The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out...

Thomas Babington Macaulay
MrsC
MrsC

Activity : 413

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 03.02.17 15:10

Yes MrsC, I suppose there's skill in not putting your foot in it on live TV.

It does seem a bit timid though. It's ok to say they made a bad parenting choice but no-one on TV is brave enough to go any further than that!
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Celebrity McCann sceptic - Lisa Riley "I've changed my opinion of Kate McCann" Empty VIDEO OF LISA RILEY TALKING ABOUT McCANNS

Post by RosieandSam 03.02.17 16:25

I agree with Mrs C,  Lisa Riley did well to speak against the McCanns on LOOSE WOMEN, however limited it was in our eyes.

The production team (and where necessary, the Executive Director) always authorise how far a person can speak out.  This is done during the planning meeting earlier in the day.  

If you missed the episode of Loose Women, the video is here:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/video/tv/lisa-riley-recalls-visit-to-praia-da-luz-to-investigate-madeleine-mccann/
RosieandSam
RosieandSam

Activity : 288

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 03.02.17 17:12

I thought Lisa Riley did well too. I noticed the audience  applauded her spontaneously but not Street-Porter or Langsford.

It really highights the extent to which celebrities  hold forth with an air of assurance on matters of which they have little knowledge. Or use as their source  that which they read in the press, which is a bit worrying from a journalist who must have more awareness than most of agendas.

Langsford's husband, Eamonn Holmes, told on Sky newspaper review  in 2012 of checking out the locale for himself whilst in the Algarve. He betrayed more than a hint of scepticism about the McCanns in the process. Listening to her on Loose Women, I could not help wondering if Langsford had gone with her husband and, like Lisa, seen the distance of the tapas bar from 5a. If she did she never said.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum