The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Mark Williams-Thomas thread - Page 2 Mm11

The Mark Williams-Thomas thread - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Mark Williams-Thomas thread - Page 2 Mm11

The Mark Williams-Thomas thread - Page 2 Regist10

The Mark Williams-Thomas thread

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Mark Williams-Thomas thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mark Williams-Thomas thread

Post by sallypelt 06.08.13 20:23

MWT has been riding around the country, today. He was in a "vital meeting" in Leicester earlier today, and he was "pleased he went". Now, it's just me being nosey, but I wonder what meeting THAT was.

whistling
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

The Mark Williams-Thomas thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mark Williams-Thomas thread

Post by sharonl 06.08.13 20:29

Not quite as bad as a Sun or Daily Mirror report but here is the great detectives take on what happened to Madeleine.

Madeleine: 'My Theories On Missing Girl'

2:35pm UK, Thursday 01 May 2008

By Mark Williams-Thomas

As a criminologist, former detective and authority on paedophile crimes, I have followed the Madeleine McCann case from the very beginning.

What happened to her on that fateful night in May 2007? Where is she now, is she alive or dead? Was she murdered in her parent's apartment, and if so by whom?

Was she abducted from where she slept in between her brother and sister who remained asleep throughout?

Or did she wander out of the apartment looking for her parents and become the victim of an opportunistic predatory paedophile, who either used her for his own sexual gratification or smuggled her out of the country?

With apparent sightings in Morocco, Spain, France and the Netherlands you could easily believe the latter.

The most sinister of all these questions was whether Gerry and Kate McCann were involved with the disappearance of their own daughter.

In order to establish answers it is necessary to examine the police investigation.

The detailed examination of a scene plays a crucial part in any major investigation and after a critical incident like this, all police officers know it is vital to preserve the crime scene, build the foundations, complete forensics and identify possible witnesses immediately.

But I saw no evidence of this being done and it was without any doubt, the worst-preserved crime scene I have ever witnessed.

This investigation is like no other I have seen before or will hopefully ever see again.

For the past year the Portuguese police have had two lines of inquiry: the first, that Gerry and Kate were involved in Madeleine's disappearance and the second, that a stranger abducted her.

However, they have focused steadfastly on their first line of enquiry.

The public prosecutor's office in the Algarve believes police should keep looking for evidence against the McCanns even though doubt is being raised from other quarters, with officials in the Portuguese government asking for their arguido status to be lifted.

The investigation is all but closed and recent interviews with the 'Tapas Seven' revealed no new leads or discrepancies but did allow the police to establish the exact movements of Gerry and Kate both on the evening Madeleine disappeared and on the previous evening.

The next major development will be if Portuguese police manage to stage a reconstruction so they can examine the behaviour of all parties concerned - but this would put Gerry and Kate back under Portuguese jurisdiction.

It is quite correct for the police to consider the parents as suspects but what evidence do they have against them?

The time line is crucial. The last time Madeleine was seen by anyone independently was around 6.30pm with the alarm raised at 10pm, thus establishing a window of opportunity of approximately three-and-a-half hours.

However, both Gerry and Kate were with their friends in the tapas bar from approximately 8.30pm, only ever being away from the table for short periods of time.

So one or more of the parents did have the opportunity - but what would be the motive? Could it have been an accident or a deliberate act?

I don't believe for one minute it would have been deliberate so therefore could she have suffered an accident, causing the parents to panic?

At this point they could easily have explained away an accident.

But, if the theory is to be believed, they would have had to cold-bloodedly dispose of her body and then return to have dinner with their friends.

It is possible as most murdered children are killed by a relative or someone they know. The police are working on this premise although in this particular case this is where the theory falls down.

The police believe they hid Madeleine's body and didn't return to the location until five weeks later where - under the watchful glare of the world's media - they placed her by now decomposed body into the rear of their Renault Megane hire car before completely disposing of it.

The police have come to this conclusion because they have found partial DNA in the boot of the hire car, which I believe has either come from transfer when they moved Madeleine's clothes and belongings or even from those of her brother or sister.

While trafficking of children is a far greater problem than is acknowledged, Madeleine does not fit the profile.

Girls are trafficked for two reasons: into the sex trade as prostitutes or for domestic slavery, both with financial gain to the seller and purchaser. Who was to gain from her trafficking?

I believe the so-called sightings in other countries, although genuinely intended, are a distraction and prove to be of little value after the initial two weeks. Who is going to openly walk out with the most wanted child in the world?

I believe what happened on May 3 was that Madeleine woke up, cried for a short while, realised her parents weren't in the apartment as they had not come in to settle her, so she climbed out of bed and walked around the apartment.

She found the back patio door was insecure and partly open so she walked out, went down the small flight of steps and out of the gate, turning right down towards the entrance to the resort and the Tapas bar.

It was at this point that she was most likely abducted by an opportunistic predatory paedophile.

Interestingly the police dogs first tracked a scent down this exact route. Unfortunately, although it is within range of the supermarket CCTV it was not working.

I don't believe a paedophile was watching the apartment nor do I believe an offender entered the apartment - this would be too high-risk.

I accept that statistically the abduction of a child is very rare, with approximately six children abducted every year in the UK, but if we look at the abduction and murder of Sarah Payne we can see how my theory stands up.

On July 1, 2000, Sarah was playing a game of hide and seek in a cornfield with her sister and two brothers, received a knock on the head and decided to walk back to her grandparents' home.

She walked through a gap in the hedge with her brothers' only seconds behind - but by the time they reached the lane, Sarah had disappeared.

One of the brothers saw a white van coming down the road towards him, its wheels spinning. The driver seemed in a hurry to get away. Unknown to them, the man behind the wheel had just abducted Sarah. She was taken in a matter of seconds.

This is why I believe even with such a small window of opportunity - the distance between the back entrance to the apartment and the 40 yard walk to the Tapas bar - that Madeleine became the victim of an opportunist and predatory paedophile who either lived in or had direct contacts with Praia da Luz.

This is not a resort that you would just happen upon.
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11173

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 06.08.13 20:35

As a criminologist, former detective and authority on paedophile crimes, I have followed the Madeleine McCann case from the very beginning.......

spit coffee   NVQ level. 4?

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 06.08.13 20:38

If this is what really happened, Mr  MWT, then why all the lies from the T9?
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by BerylJ 06.08.13 20:38

tigger wrote:As a criminologist, former detective and authority on paedophile crimes, I have followed the Madeleine McCann case from the very beginning.......

Shy sort of chap isn't he party 
BerylJ
BerylJ

Activity : 56

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 06.08.13 20:40

sharonl wrote:Not quite as bad as a Sun or Daily Mirror report but here is the great detectives take on what happened to Madeleine.

Madeleine: 'My Theories On Missing Girl'

2:35pm UK, Thursday 01 May 2008

By Mark Williams-Thomas

As a criminologist, former detective and authority on paedophile crimes, I have followed the Madeleine McCann case from the very beginning.

What happened to her on that fateful night in May 2007? Where is she now, is she alive or dead? Was she murdered in her parent's apartment, and if so by whom?

Was she abducted from where she slept in between her brother and sister who remained asleep throughout?

Or did she wander out of the apartment looking for her parents and become the victim of an opportunistic predatory paedophile, who either used her for his own sexual gratification or smuggled her out of the country?

With apparent sightings in Morocco, Spain, France and the Netherlands you could easily believe the latter.

The most sinister of all these questions was whether Gerry and Kate McCann were involved with the disappearance of their own daughter.

In order to establish answers it is necessary to examine the police investigation.

The detailed examination of a scene plays a crucial part in any major investigation and after a critical incident like this, all police officers know it is vital to preserve the crime scene, build the foundations, complete forensics and identify possible witnesses immediately.

But I saw no evidence of this being done and it was without any doubt, the worst-preserved crime scene I have ever witnessed.

This investigation is like no other I have seen before or will hopefully ever see again.

For the past year the Portuguese police have had two lines of inquiry: the first, that Gerry and Kate were involved in Madeleine's disappearance and the second, that a stranger abducted her.

However, they have focused steadfastly on their first line of enquiry.

The public prosecutor's office in the Algarve believes police should keep looking for evidence against the McCanns even though doubt is being raised from other quarters, with officials in the Portuguese government asking for their arguido status to be lifted.

The investigation is all but closed and recent interviews with the 'Tapas Seven' revealed no new leads or discrepancies but did allow the police to establish the exact movements of Gerry and Kate both on the evening Madeleine disappeared and on the previous evening.

The next major development will be if Portuguese police manage to stage a reconstruction so they can examine the behaviour of all parties concerned - but this would put Gerry and Kate back under Portuguese jurisdiction.

It is quite correct for the police to consider the parents as suspects but what evidence do they have against them?

The time line is crucial. The last time Madeleine was seen by anyone independently was around 6.30pm with the alarm raised at 10pm, thus establishing a window of opportunity of approximately three-and-a-half hours.

However, both Gerry and Kate were with their friends in the tapas bar from approximately 8.30pm, only ever being away from the table for short periods of time.

So one or more of the parents did have the opportunity - but what would be the motive? Could it have been an accident or a deliberate act?

I don't believe for one minute it would have been deliberate so therefore could she have suffered an accident, causing the parents to panic?

At this point they could easily have explained away an accident.

But, if the theory is to be believed, they would have had to cold-bloodedly dispose of her body and then return to have dinner with their friends.

It is possible as most murdered children are killed by a relative or someone they know. The police are working on this premise although in this particular case this is where the theory falls down.

The police believe they hid Madeleine's body and didn't return to the location until five weeks later where - under the watchful glare of the world's media - they placed her by now decomposed body into the rear of their Renault Megane hire car before completely disposing of it.

The police have come to this conclusion because they have found partial DNA in the boot of the hire car, which I believe has either come from transfer when they moved Madeleine's clothes and belongings or even from those of her brother or sister.

While trafficking of children is a far greater problem than is acknowledged, Madeleine does not fit the profile.

Girls are trafficked for two reasons: into the sex trade as prostitutes or for domestic slavery, both with financial gain to the seller and purchaser. Who was to gain from her trafficking?

I believe the so-called sightings in other countries, although genuinely intended, are a distraction and prove to be of little value after the initial two weeks. Who is going to openly walk out with the most wanted child in the world?

I believe what happened on May 3 was that Madeleine woke up, cried for a short while, realised her parents weren't in the apartment as they had not come in to settle her, so she climbed out of bed and walked around the apartment.

She found the back patio door was insecure and partly open so she walked out, went down the small flight of steps and out of the gate, turning right down towards the entrance to the resort and the Tapas bar.

It was at this point that she was most likely abducted by an opportunistic predatory paedophile.

Interestingly the police dogs first tracked a scent down this exact route. Unfortunately, although it is within range of the supermarket CCTV it was not working.

I don't believe a paedophile was watching the apartment nor do I believe an offender entered the apartment - this would be too high-risk.

I accept that statistically the abduction of a child is very rare, with approximately six children abducted every year in the UK, but if we look at the abduction and murder of Sarah Payne we can see how my theory stands up.

On July 1, 2000, Sarah was playing a game of hide and seek in a cornfield with her sister and two brothers, received a knock on the head and decided to walk back to her grandparents' home.

She walked through a gap in the hedge with her brothers' only seconds behind - but by the time they reached the lane, Sarah had disappeared.

One of the brothers saw a white van coming down the road towards him, its wheels spinning. The driver seemed in a hurry to get away. Unknown to them, the man behind the wheel had just abducted Sarah. She was taken in a matter of seconds.

This is why I believe even with such a small window of opportunity - the distance between the back entrance to the apartment and the 40 yard walk to the Tapas bar - that Madeleine became the victim of an opportunist and predatory paedophile who either lived in or had direct contacts with Praia da Luz.

This is not a resort that you would just happen upon.

You may as well ask Mystic Meg what happened. What an absolute load of self serving nonsense and that's my opinion Mr W-T.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 06.08.13 20:42

BerylJ wrote:
tigger wrote:As a criminologist, former detective and authority on paedophile crimes, I have followed the Madeleine McCann case from the very beginning.......

Modest to a fault:lol4: 
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by BerylJ 06.08.13 20:43

sallypelt wrote:
BerylJ wrote:

Modest to a fault:lol4: 

I couldn't find a smilie of a man blowing his own trumpet so the party tooter will have to suffice.
BerylJ
BerylJ

Activity : 56

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 06.08.13 20:56

sallypelt wrote:MWT has been riding around the country, today. He was in a "vital meeting" in Leicester earlier today, and he was "pleased he went". Now, it's just me being nosey, but I wonder what meeting THAT was.

whistling
He told us a bit more in a tweet earlier in the day:

Viewing this am of next tuesdays 'On The Run' itv1 9pm. Then leicester for child protection mtg. Then down to Exeter 4 filming 4 tmrow

Hmmm. A 'child protection' meeting in Leicester, and then filming in Exeter...

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 06.08.13 20:56

The former British cops that helped to destroy the reputation of Portuguese Police

http://www.nowpublic.com/crime/former-british-cops-helped-destroy-reputation-portuguese-police

Share: Email Story Twitter Facebook Stumbleupon Add to Any
by pjcvreis | October 5, 2007 at 08:19 pm

Since Madeleine disappeared, at least five former British policemen – three of them, high ranking officers - played an important role in the regular bashing or Portuguese police, through the British Media. By coincidence, some of them work for or have connections with TV channels or consultancy companies specialized in handling media cases.

One the most violent critics of Portuguese Police, former CID detective Mark Williams-Thomas, is also the owner and managing-director of WT Associates, a company that offers, among many other services, media handling and advice for high profile cases and “design or review organisations media crisis policy”. Since the first week, when Martin Brunt took him to Praia da Luz, he criticised the inept and incompetent Portuguese police. After we filled a complaint with Ofcom and emailed Sky News editor, asking him if the TV channel knew about the business connections of the crime expert that has been a regular voice against Portuguese Police in Sky News, Mr. Mark Williams disappeared from the screen.

But other former policemen, including at least three ex-Scotland Yard commanders, played an important role in building up of the idea that Portuguese Police arrived hours after they were called, didn't sealed off the apartment, didn't take fingerprints, didn't questioned other guest of the resort, and wasn't able to get disposable clothing to their forensic experts – they used the same clothing in different crime scenes or just used no protective clothing at all.

Portugal, safe place for paedophiles

Mike Hames, the ex-commander who set up Scotland Yard's paedophilia unit, author of ‘The Dirty Squad’ and also a media consultant on child abuse, paedophilia, murder and high profile abduction cases, was Martin Brunt's choice to replace Mark Williams-Thomas, when the Sky News Crime Correspondent made a special report about Madeleine's case, last Sunday. But as early as five days after Madeleine disappeared, The Sun found that Portugal was a safe place for paedophiles: “But a Sun investigation has revealed the Med hot-spot does have a history of child sex offences — many by Brit perverts who fled there, believing they’d be more free to carry out their vile activities.”

Mr Mike Hames was quoted, in the same story, as saying that “Portuguese police should have circulated the sketch they have of a suspect” and he “feared the worst” for Madeleine’s safety, criticising the fact that Portuguese Police didn't made public a sketch of any suspect: “If you have a sketch by a witness, it should be shared with the public. Nine times out of ten it is the public who can solve this. I don’t see the logic of this. It seems to me to be a bit of shambles”.

The most senior of those ex-cops was also the author of an opinion column, on the Mirror, with the a violent attack against the Portuguese Police. Dai Davies, a senior associate of Kingfell Global Crisis, Director and Lead Consultant of Selectamark Consultancy, was responsible for the security of the Royal family and palaces, leading a force of 450 police officers, with an annual budget of £26 million for more than 15 years.

The McCann, innocent people

On a opinion column published on the Mirror, on September 23 (“Police here have given up looking for poor Maddie”), Mr. Dai Davies wrote: “I spent a week in Praia da Luz where Madeleine went missing, "walking the shop floor" as I call it, going over the available evidence and unearthing some startling new information about the case. And in what will surely be another hammer-blow to the McCanns' hopes of finding their little daughter, I've discovered from lengthy talks with my barrister contact that Portuguese investigators have unofficially abandoned the hunt for Madeleine's alleged abductor.”

Showing that he is a strong believer in the innocence of the McCann, Mr. Dai Davies left an advise to PJ detectives: “The police now need to halt their campaign to pin this awful crime on two innocent people and bring in new officers for a complete overhaul with fresh eyes.”

“Mr Davies, a former divisional commander in West London, with child protection experience, has “deliberately” not met with the McCanns”, while at Praia da Luz, according to the Daily Post, “but regularly speaks to their new spokesman Clarence Mitchell.

Flying Squad “reporter”

Ex-Flying Squad Commander John O’Connor is a former British Policeman that came to Praia da Luz to report for several TV Channels. On September 17, the web page of Crimesharetv has the following message: “CSTV is proud to report that the Commander has been to Portugal investigating Madeleine's disappearance and you can catch his daily media reports on GMTV, Sky News and the BBC.” John O'Connor was a policeman for 30 years and he ran “the Flying Squad at New Scotland Yard dealing with all armed robberies in London until retiring with the rank of Commander”, according to Crimesharetv. The page has a link to an interview of John O'Connor with Sky News.

Mr O'Connor gave an interview, on May 17, to The Resident, an English newspaper that introduced him as “a former Scotland Yard commander who is working with the Portuguese authorities investigating Madeleine’s disappearance”. Mr. John O’Connor praised the quality of Portuguese detectives, but stated that “looking in remote places is ineffective.” “Despite this, O’Connor spoke of the high quality detective work in Portugal and believes that they will solve this case. He spoke of the competency and professionalism of the Portuguese police, dismissing any accusations they have faced.”

Later, in the Sky News interview, he told more or less the same: Portuguese cops are nice guys, but they are looking in the wrong places...

Desmond Thomas, former deputy head of Hampshire CID, came forward, around the middle of September, when his expertise was needed. “So far no evidence has emerged in public to suggest that the missing four-year-old is even dead, he told the Daily Star and other British Media. “I think the Portuguese police are struggling. From what we know thus far, if I was bringing the charges I would be nervous about it being successful. In the McCann case, police have no body and no weapon – so it is going to be very difficult.”

Paulo Reis & Duarte Levy

Gazeta Digital
http://gazetadigital.blogspot.com
SOS Madeleine
http://sosmaddie.dhblogs.be/

Continue reading at NowPublic.com: The former British cops that helped to destroy the reputation of Portuguese Police | NowPublic News Coverage http://www.nowpublic.com/crime/former-british-cops-helped-destroy-reputation-portuguese-police#ixzz2bDf3sv50
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 06.08.13 21:01

sharonl wrote:By Mark Williams-Thomas

As a criminologist, former detective and authority on paedophile crimes,
Exactly the same claim made by the late Ray Wyre, whose wife once served up some delicious banoffee pie for Drs Gerald and Kate McCann. Wyre's leading volunteer was a woman who carried on long correspondences with many of the nation's serial killers - and his techniques for 'reforming' sexual offenders scarcely bear repeating on a family bulletin board.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 06.08.13 21:07

Is Mike Hames the ex husband of Jacqui Hames the ex police officer who did Crimewatch and was associated with Hacked Off and the Leveson Inquiry because her phone had been hacked?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

The Mark Williams-Thomas thread - Page 2 Empty 'Hardcastle investigates' - an interesting take on Mark Williams-Thomas

Post by Tony Bennett 06.08.13 21:24

Hardcastle investigates:

http://hardcastleintel.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/criminal-fraud-on-massive-scale.html

Criminal Fraud on a Massive Scale?

Update 11th May 2013

The West Yorkshire Police have now released Operation Newgreen, their own investigation into Jimmy Savile and they found no evidence of any wrongdoing on Sir Jimmy’s behalf whilst he was alive.

Savile spent most of his life in Yorkshire

Although not one single alleged incident of abuse by the late Jimmy Savile has been investigated in Operation Yewtree, millions of pounds will be handed over to claimants without one iota of proof being produced that he was guilty of abuse.

Think about it : if you are injured in a car accident, if a shop awning falls upon you or a brick wall, as happened recently in Melbourne, you slip on an escalator or in a supermarket, there are various claims that can be made against insurance companies.

Have no doubt that it will be years before you receive adequate compensation. The insurance company will fight you to the bitter end, try to grind you down in litigation in the hope you will accept a pittance. The lawyers acting for you will take a hefty fee.

And you will be forced to prove that you were not at fault.

Unlike those claiming that Jimmy Savile abused them when they visited the BBC Television Centre for the filming of one of his TV shows (despite not one single one of his TV shows being filmed there) you will spend days,months and years of stress before you receive compensation after an accident.

If any of those claiming compensation from the government, from the BBC or Savile's estate, are doing so fraudulently, it is a criminal conspiracy of massive proportions.

Ifthen ,two or just one of the claims made about Savile are false, then Savile's heirs (mainly charities), the taxpayer, the BBC are being defrauded.

For some inexplicable reason those behind Operation Yewtree, despite not investigating one single claim, have given the go-ahead for millions of pounds in 'compensation' to be handed over to persons who simply fill in a form.

A form where the facts will not be checked.

Let us look at just one of those who has driven the hysteria over Sir James Savile and who claims he "exposed " the truth in his TV tabloid show "Exposure" when what he actually did was present a series of claims.

Mark Williams-Thomas is described repeatedly as a "child protection expert". Even Australia's respected ABC program 4 Corners introduced him as such.

He has no justification for making the claim and offering himself up as an expert on how to protect children.

The truth about Mark Williams-Thomas is this  he was a uniformed police officer on the beat for 9 years with the Surrey Police.

He graduated to Detective Constable - a role he held for only nine months before he left the Surrey Police under unexplained circumstances.

No detective constable in any police force around the world conducts police investigations. Rather they are part of a team with an Inspector (at the least) overseeing an inquiry. A DC could be answering phones, chasing up addresses. sitting in a car with another officer watching a suspect.

Yet the media has blithely accepted Williams-Thomas exaggerated claim that implies he was a major investigator on a number of important cases including the jailing of celebrity Jonathan King who oddly, was not the subject of any investigation until after Williams-Thomas left the force.

It would be prudent not to ask Williams-Thomas former colleagues at the Surrey Police what they think of him taking all the credit for the team's hard work.

This eight-month former DC then popped up with a company "advising' on child protection, a subject of which he had no specific knowledge of apart from his own self appointed, non-existent qualifications.

Two companies he set up were closed down.

In June 2003 in Chichester Crown Court , Mark Williams-Thomas was charged with blackmailing a funeral firm after he claimed to be a journalist who had uncovered evidence of more than one body being buried in a coffin.

He offered to "sell the story" to the director of Dignity Funerals, rather than one of his friends on a tabloid newspaper.

The story was completely false but as Williams-Thomas helpfully explained, the ensuing tabloid sensation would surely ruin the firm.

The facts of the Crown case against Williams-Thomas for blackmail were not disputed.

He was found not guilty of blackmail.

A memory for facts is not Williams-Thomas greatest talent. On his website he says he was a policeman from 1989 to 2000.

In this Daily Mirror article [citation given], he says: "As a police officer I worked in the area of child protection for 20 years".

Many of the remarks he makes rings alarm bells.

In 2008 Mark Williams-Thomas popped up as an 'expert' on tabloid TV pontificating about the mysterious disappearance of Madeline McCann.

He implied he was 'assisting' the McCann family and 'investigating' the case on their behalf.

The McCann's had to tell him to buzz off before he did too much damage.

Mark Williams-Thomas found pay dirt with his 'Exposure' TV show about Jimmy Savile where he presented several anonymous woman who were presented as being"independent of each other" as witnesses who confirmed Savile had abused them in a "pattern of abuse".

Those womean had been liaising with each other via the Internet for several years.

That does not mean they had not been abused but they were not independent witnesses unknown to each other. To present them as such is a fraud.

As a DC at Surrey Police Williams-Thomas was briefly a 'Family Liaison Officer', whose job is to liaise with victims of crime.

16 year old Ruth Wilson went missing in 1995 and was never seen again. Williams-Thomas was eventually appointed to liaise with her family. When he described them as "not very telegenic or sympathetic" and tried to convince one parent to go on a "reality TV show" to "describe their plight" he was withdrawn from the case. He left Surrey Police shortly after under a cloud.

It's safe to say the name "Williams-Thomas" is not a name to mention to Ruth Wilson's still grieving parents.

Mark Williams-Thomas has boasted in several TV interviews that he regularly released information against orders, to journalists. Two police officers were jailed last month in the UK for similar crimes. Others are facing the same charge.

Mark Williams-Thomas has announced he is working on a new tabloid TV show that will "save abused children". The show is not scheduled to screen until late 2013.
Presumably the children to be saved must wait until then.

Mark Williams-Thomas had a celebrity agent pal who he had dealings with: the agent's name was Max Clifford who was the "go to agent" if you claimed you had been abused by a celebrity and wished to sell your story to a tabloid. Max would get all the details, shop the tale around and advise the claimant to go to the police.

In 2001 when the former pop star Gary Glitter was charged with a sex assault it was revealed in court that Max Clifford had an agreement with the notorious News of the World tabloid that the claimant / "victim" would receive a $110,000 "bonus" if Glitter was found guilty.

The claimant had already received a $60,000 payment from the NOTW via Clifford.

Glitter was found Not Guilty of the assault and the judge criticised both the NOTW & Clifford.

On Max Clifford's walls are letters of appreciation from Mark Williams-Thomas and various Surrey Police officers.

On April 26th, 2013 Williams-Thomas' pal Max Clifford was charged with 11 counts of indecent assault committed between 1966 and 1985.

Such is the history of one " expert " in the UK, who is very vocal with the media.

Despite Williams-Thomas' pontifications and pronouncements, children are still being abused and neglected on a massive scale in the UK.

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 06.08.13 21:35

Tony Bennett wrote:

Exactly the same claim made by the late Ray Wyre, whose wife once served up some delicious banoffee pie for Drs Gerald and Kate McCann. Wyre's leading volunteer was a woman who carried on long correspondences with many of the nation's serial killers - and his techniques for 'reforming' sexual offenders scarcely bear repeating on a family bulletin board.

LOL - he has been blocking people on Twitter merely for asking him what his take is on the Gaspar statement
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 06.08.13 21:43

sharonl wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

LOL - he has been blocking people on Twitter merely for asking him what his take is on the Gaspar statement
 According to the above article by 'Hardcastle', he has been best mates with Max Clifford for a long time - and Clifford had a letter of apprecation from Mark Williams-Thomas pinned up on his wall.

Is it possible that Mark Williams-Thomas has become an expert - oops, sorry, authority - on paedophilia with some past help and tuition from Max Clifford?

Sometimes I get to wondering what Murdoch's Sun sees in the likes of Antonella Lazzeri - and why Murdoch's SKY News should have elevated the likes of Mark Williams-Thomas to their chief media pundit on child sexual abuse, paedophilia - and the disappearance of Madeleine McCann?

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by loopzdaloop 06.08.13 22:13

loopzdaloop wrote:A really interesting thread. This website has lots of info on his company that I can't copy/paste that well.
https://www.duedil.com/company/06276210/wt-associates-limited 
Cash
30.6kGBP

Book Value
-8.9kGBP

Current Liabilities
59.2kGBP

Health
ActiveNo Adverse

About Wt Associates Limited
Wt Associates Limited was set up on 12 Jun 2007 in Surrey. Its current status is listed as "Live"and it currently has 2 directors. It was founded by Ms Karen Williams-Thomas, Mr Mark Williams-Thomas. Wt Associates Limited has no subsidiaries.

Previously known as Matters2me Limited - date changed 13 oct 2010

Registered Address:
99 Wey Hill
Haslemere
Surrey
GU27 1HT
United Kingdom
Trading Address:
99 Wey Hill
Haslemere
Surrey
GU27 1HT

Then if you look up his wife, it turns out that she has 6 active directorships!

https://www.duedil.com/director/912215243/karen-williams-thomas

She appears to have a big personal net profile as well. (According to facebook her maiden name is Sykes)

The Mark Williams-Thomas thread - Page 2 10cpx8w

The Mark Williams-Thomas thread - Page 2 35i80b8

Karen Williams-Thomas holds 6 current appointment, has resigned from 0 companies and held appointments at 0 dissolved companies. Karen began their first appointment at the age of 33 and their longest current appointment spans 10 years and 3 months at WT PRODUCTIONS LIMITED. 
Registered Address
Melfont, 12 Beech Lane
Grayshott
Hindhead
Surrey
GU26 6LT
The combined cash at bank value for all of Karen's current businesses is £61,599, with a combined assets value of £112,196 and liabilities of £77,213. Roles associated with Karen Williams-Thomas within the recorded businesses include: Director, Company Secretary
http://companycheck.co.uk/director/912215243

Three other companies with her husband.

Ms Karen Williams-Thomas
Secretary of WT Productions Limited
Date of Birth May 1969
Nationality British

[th]Officer with[/th][th]at[/th]
Mr Mark Williams ThomasWt Productions Limited
Mr Mark Williams-ThomasMatters2me Limited
Mr Mark Williams-ThomasWt Associates Limited

Then I clicked on Mr Mark Williams Thomas and it appears he has officer links with these people 

Mr Andrew Williams
Mr Colin Marshall
Mr Jeremy Paul Aubrey George Janion
Mr Thomas Stuecken
Ms Carole Fiehn
all from Gumfighters LTD https://www.duedil.com/company/03887121/gumfighters-uk-limited

which according to that site had liabilities of - 1.4million when it was dissolved. 

Gumfighters UK Limited was incorporated on 01 Dec 1999 and is located in Middlesex. The company's status is listed as "Dissolved"and it had one director at the time it closed. It was founded by Mr David Alan Bovell, Mr Thomas Stuecken. Gumfighters UK Limited does not have any child companies.
loopzdaloop
loopzdaloop

Activity : 481

Back to top Go down

Post by Nereid 07.08.13 0:04

And Matters2Me has a website: http://matters2me.co.uk/

They sold a DVD that was so hugely popular that it's now sold out. But don't fret, it's still available to watch online for only £7.75:

The Mark Williams-Thomas thread - Page 2 Matter10

Wonder how much of that is donated to some kind of charity to protect children wink
Nereid

Activity : 327

Back to top Go down

Post by Flickyhecky 07.08.13 9:00

Hello, just had to join this forum because like many others MWT has blocked me on Twitter for asking perfectly ordinary questions!

Do you want to know why he left the Surrey Police force in such a hurry?

http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/local-news/police-reassure-school-over-porn-4861013

He sold the story about this teacher to the national papers, it then became a huge story which resulted in the person arrested taking his own life...as a direct consequence of MWT's actions! (I don't think he would've taken his own life without so much pressure on him)

Deleted

He's also trying to be this gung-ho paedophile catcher in order to further his career and to get a doctorate in criminology. (only then can he become a proper grown up expert!)

I find it odd that he has an unhealthy interest in paedophillia, he's spent 17 odd years doing this...has it curroupted his mind, he's boasted on Twitter that he's viewed hours of child porn and images. He also claimed that Jimmy Savile was a paedophile right under the noses of his employers...makes you wonder...

Welcome to our forum, Flickyhecky, and thank you very much for the most valuable extra information you have provided about MWT, a man who once either did, or claimed to, represent the McCanns. We have decided to cut the final 8 words of your first post here - sorry about that. This forum flourishes for a number of reasons, not least that we take care not to allow obvious libels to be published here - though our discussions can be robust. Please take a good look around here, not only at the stuff about MWT, and if you like what you see, please inform others - ADMIN
Flickyhecky

Activity : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.08.13 9:17

welcome Flickyhecky.

I remember the case of Adrian Stark. I'm sure that the story would have made the papers without the alleged intervention of MWT so I don't feel that he is responsible for hounding this man to his death.

I certainly agree with you though that his current motives and behaviour are very questionable.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Flickyhecky 07.08.13 9:31

He is a very strange man indeed!

His twitter feed is one sided, as in everyone sucks up to him, his friends list reads like a media directory! He's just obsessed with getting as many famous people arrested for even the slightest contact with kids!

Not quite up to speed with his involvement in the McCann case, does he hold the same views that most of us have about it?
Flickyhecky

Activity : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 07.08.13 9:33

Nereid wrote:And Matters2Me has a website: http://matters2me.co.uk/

They sold a DVD that was so hugely popular that it's now sold out. But don't fret, it's still available to watch online for only £7.75:

The Mark Williams-Thomas thread - Page 2 Matter10

Wonder how much of that is donated to some kind of charity to protect children wink

This video is very interesting. Julie Walters (one of my favourite actresses and I won't have a bad word said about her) is clearly reading from an auto cue. She says that the video is co-produced by a Children's charity, child protection experts and a criminologist.

If you look at the introductory video you will find the following:

Written by: Mark Williams-Thomas and Professor David Wilson
Produced by: Mark Williams-Thomas
Directed by: Professor David Wilson (MWT studied at Birmingham City University under David Wilson)
Lead Animator: Jack Millard (I've looked him up but can only find a web designer)

There is absolutely NO mention of a charity on the introduction video of this website.

Prior to the video Julie Walters is heralded as an award winning actress (once again I love Julie Walter's work and won't have anything horrid said about her) but she's then further introduced as 'known to many of the new generations as Ron Weasley's mum.' (it's always good to get a bit of Harry Potter in there). However, this video which is charged for is aimed at and I quote "Aimed at teachers, parents, youth workers and others who work with children and young people."

The DVD is now sold out. Who was it sold to? How many teachers, parents, youth workers and others who work with children and young people bought it? If it was so popular why aren't there more? Did education authorities buy it?

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 07.08.13 9:35

Flickyhecky wrote:Hello, just had to join this forum because like many others MWT has blocked me on Twitter for asking perfectly ordinary questions!

Do you want to know why he left the Surrey Police force in such a hurry?

http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/local-news/police-reassure-school-over-porn-4861013

He sold the story about this teacher to the national papers, it then became a huge story which resulted in the person arrested taking his own life...as a direct consequence of MWT's actions! (I don't think he would've taken his own life without so much pressure on him)

So basically MWT is a potential murderer!

He's also trying to be this gung-ho paedophile catcher in order to further his career and to get a doctorate in criminology. (only then can he become a proper grown up expert!)

I find it odd that he has an unhealthy interest in paedophillia, he's spent 17 odd years doing this...has it curroupted his mind, he's boasted on Twitter that he's viewed hours of child porn and images. He also claimed that Jimmy Savile was a paedophile right under the noses of his employers...makes you wonder...

Welcome to our forum, Flickyhecky, and thank you very much for the most valuable extra information you have provided about MWT, a man who once either did, or claimed to, represent the McCanns. We have decided to cut the final 8 words of your first post here - sorry about that. This forum flourishes for a number of reasons, not least that we take care not to allow obvious libels to be published here - though our discussions can be robust. Please take a good look around here, not only at the stuff about MWT, and if you like what you see, please inform others - ADMIN
@Flickyhecky

OK, so now we have some new information about Mark Williams-Thomas, namely that on 8 August 1997 (about three years before he left Surrey Police), he was a Police Constable, not a Detective Constable.

However, before MWT jumps in here and says that your allegations about him are untrue, can you please substantiate this statement of yours:

"He sold the story about this teacher to the national papers..."

The newspaper article is dated 8 August 1997. Was MWT in touch with 'the national papers' before that date? Did he get paid? By whom? How much? How do you know? Do you know for a fact that this was material to his leaving the police force, after all, was he not promoted to the rank of Detective Constable after this story appeared?

Hope you can answer these questions...

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 07.08.13 9:42

Thankyou all for the wealth of info on MWT in this thread, another buffoon bigging himself up on the backs of Maddie and abused children.
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 07.08.13 9:45

aquila wrote:  This video is very interesting. Julie Walters (one of my favourite actresses and I won't have a bad word said about her) is clearly reading from an auto cue. She says that the video is co-produced by a Children's charity, child protection experts and a criminologist.

If you look at the introductory video you will find the following:

Written by: Mark Williams-Thomas and Professor David Wilson
Directed by: Professor David Wilson (MWT studied at Birmingham City University under David Wilson)

There is absolutely NO mention of a charity on the introduction video of this website.
 Professor David Wilson on the reported disappearance of Madeleine McCann:

SKY News

'Fearing The Worst In This Dreadful Case'

Tuesday June 05, 2007 - Professor David Wilson, Criminologist

The parents of Madeleine McCann have been working tirelessly on the publicity campaign for their missing daughter and it is understandable - if it was your child that was missing you would do anything to get them back.

But sadly,in all likelihood their battle is futile.

Even if we presume that Madeleine is still alive, which I doubt, campaigning of this kind will only serve to drive the abductor further underground.

We really need a thorough review of the whole case, looking at the gaps in the police investigation, following up leads, gathering further intelligence and trying to profile the most likely suspects.

These are no high-profile issues but slow, behind-the-scenes procedures, and I do hope they are being undertaken in Portugal and elsewhere.

The abductor was clearly very organised - even allowing for some basic policing errors in the very early days of the investigation.

No DNA has been found, no fingerprints, no CCTV images or any other kind of useful evidence or intelligence.

All of this implies that the McCanns were very carefully targeted, and that the abductor or abductors knew how to get into their apartment and out again with a child and be able to effect an escape.

This suggests the culprit(s) had a great deal of local knowledge.

It goes without saying that as a parent myself I wish the McCanns well and hope there is a positive resolution to this dreadful case.

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisRetro 07.08.13 10:09

Hi.
Pointed here by 'flickyhecky', I must confess I hadn't heard of Mark Williams-Thomas until his Jimmy Savile "Exposure". However, having watched that tawdry, badly edited sham of a programme and been staggered by the fall-out (it "exposed" nothing more than conjecture). I tweeted Saint Mark soon after - nothing rude or nasty, just questioning - and was immediately blocked. The stench of 'rat' grew from thereon.

I know this forum is devoted to the McCann Mystery and your interest in Meddling Mark stems from there, but I will point you to this series of impressive blogs (REAL investigative journalism) for y'all to peruse at your leisure
http://jimcannotfixthis.blogspot.co.uk
Pay special attention to the posts entitled "Exposition" which analyse and dissect his dreadful "Exposure" - revealing nothing but a series of lies, conjecture and forgery.
Those articles were not posted by someone with a pop culture obsession, or misguided loyalty to the Jimmy Savile, Radio One or the BBC in any way - just someone who wasn't convinced about this national "scandal" and chose to investigate it in depth.
ChrisRetro

Activity : 7

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top