The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 24 Mm11

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 24 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 24 Mm11

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 24 Regist10

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal

Page 24 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 24 Empty Re: Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal

Post by Newintown 23.06.13 18:01

stillsloppingout wrote:
Casey5 wrote:I wonder if the McCanns' are regretting not taking a leaf out of the book of their Tapas mates after the lifting of their arguido status and keeping quiet and getting on with their lives?

We never hear anything from or about their friends - apart from an odd charity race appearance. They have, seemingly, returned to their old lives, gone back to work and are bringing up their kids.

If the McCanns' had some input in or knowledge of the disappearance of Madeleine then if they had done the same, told their friends and families that they had to bring some form of normality into their lives for the sake of the twins maybe then I believe they would have been home and dry - albeit without their daughter.

I sincerely believe they know what happened to Madeleine McCann, they are probably living in great fear now and I'm desperately sorry for the twins.

They should have taken Pat Brown's advice when she told them to  "shut the f-ck up".
They have had no choice other than stay in the public eye , they chose the hide in plain sight , huddle in with politicians etc ,line of defence  ' employed  to perfection by Jimmy Saville.

There possible undoing has being  Gerry's trying to get into politics [ that was the / his  ultimate objective , [ hence Leverson , Hacked off etc . ] if that had been achieved , say standing for parliament , or being a minister of some kind they would have been home and dry . 
Hacked off i repeat is what will ultimately be his undoing , biting ,both the hands of his loyal subjects, "the press" and pi@@ing off a lot of ministers etc at the same time .

To quote somebody ? Hubris always gets you in the end .

Gerry McCann definitely got too big for his boots, he didn't know when to stop pi**ing people off.  He thought he was being clever and better than the normal "plebs" by rubbing shoulders with "celebs", MPs, newspaper editors, etc who could help him to a higher class above "heart consultant", but may live to regret it.   He should have stuck to being a heart consultant with a much more simpler way of life.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 24 Empty Ah say boy... Ah say you been a drinking

Post by The Rooster 23.06.13 19:28

McCann is drunk with his own self importance. If complicit in his daughters disappearance then he will sober up very quickly. McCann won't have many friends on the inside (although some may find him attactive).

The Rooster

Activity : 524

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 24 Empty Re: Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal

Post by aiyoyo 23.06.13 19:45

The Rooster wrote:McCann is drunk with his own self importance. If complicit in his daughters disappearance then he will sober up very quickly. McCann won't have many friends on the inside (although some may find him attactive).

Puke!
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.06.13 20:10

I think Tigger's "Dell Boy" analogy suits him the best
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 23.06.13 20:29

Gonna take a break for awhile from the forum.  I am sure there is going to be a lot to discuss in the near future.

However I feel there are far to many questions being fired at Tony for my liking.  I read the the admins are 
on top of this however far too much has happened in the short time I have been a member to ignore this.

Sorry my paranoia has taken over reasoning.
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Post by deafoldbat 23.06.13 21:02

I have to agree with your 'discomfort' - I am nervous for Tony since he is having to keep an almost invisible profile, and have noticed the focus on him by some individuals recently.

Meanwhile, I am trying to keep positive and believe that the truth and justice for Madeleine will prevail.
deafoldbat
deafoldbat

Activity : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 23.06.13 21:16

It is a tad worrying when considering the character-in-question claimed to be new and not familiar with UK laws but seemed to have heard about TB and made a bee line straight for him!

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 23.06.13 21:22

jozi wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:
Cristobell wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:£5 million was spent by Hamish Campbell on investigating the Jill Dando Murder. 30 Policemen spent over 12 months sifting through evidence and leads. They got the wrong man.
Ahhh, but on the plus side, they are working with the Portuguese. winkwink

From 2001...Jill Dando and Barry George :

Alison Saunders, a crown prosecution service lawyer who led the work of the prosecution team, said the conviction showed that circumstantial evidence taken together could, despite common misconceptions, be used to build a strong case.
"Many people believe that circumstantial evidence is not as valuable as direct evidence, such as forensic evidence.
"But in this case, each bit of circumstantial evidence was like a piece of a jigsaw, which fitted together to build up the complete and compelling picture."
The Metropolitan police commissioner, Sir John Stevens, said: "This was a protracted and complex investigation and the team worked exceptionally hard to present compelling evidence to the jury.
"Indeed, the judge has commented on just how meticulous an investigation superintendent Hamish Campbell and his officers carried out."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2001/jul/02/jilldando

I think Hamish Campbell retired a few weeks ago, I am sure it was announced a few weeks ago in the newspapers !

He did indeed leave the Met a few weeks ago.
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 23.06.13 22:12

This is not the climate for whitewashes as we've seen with several exposés including this latest news:

Stephen Lawrence family and friends targeted by police 'smear' campaign
Exclusive: former undercover officer Peter Francis says superiors wanted him to find 'dirt' shortly after 1993 murder

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jun/23/stephen-lawrence-undercover-police-smears?CMP=twt_gu
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.06.13 22:16

ShuBob wrote:This is not the climate for whitewashes as we've seen with several exposés including this latest news:

Exclusive: former undercover officer Peter Francis says superiors wanted him to find 'dirt' shortly after 1993 murder

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jun/23/stephen-lawrence-undercover-police-smears?CMP=twt_gu

Posted earlier in Have your Say ShuBob
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 23.06.13 22:19

In tomorrow's Independent, there's something about "Pressure on Leveson Over Hacking Report"
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia 23.06.13 22:26

ShuBob wrote:This is not the climate for whitewashes as we've seen with several exposés including this latest news:

I'm quoting something here that has been said about the Casa Pia process in Portugal "a judgment with quality of the Casa Pia trial will contribute to the credibility of Portuguese Justice" .
I'm sensing something similar being said in Britain about this case if it comes to the end of all that has been happening not being a whitewash.

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident
Ayniia
Ayniia

Activity : 586

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 23.06.13 22:33

candyfloss wrote:

Thanks but I included it here to emphasize my point re my hope that this case will not end in a whitewash.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.06.13 22:37

ShuBob wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

Thanks but I included it here to emphasize my point re my hope that this case will not end in a whitewash.

thumbsup
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.06.13 22:48

Pershing36 wrote:Gonna take a break for awhile from the forum.  I am sure there is going to be a lot to discuss in the near future.

However I feel there are far to many questions being fired at Tony for my liking.  I read the the admins are 
on top of this however far too much has happened in the short time I have been a member to ignore this.

Sorry my paranoia has taken over reasoning.

I hope that you will be back soon. My advice to anyone afflicted by trolls is ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM or Don't Let The B*stards Grind You Down!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee 23.06.13 22:54

I agree Shu. The internet has made information unstoppable. You only have to look at the panic the Americans are in right now over your man Snowden & Wikileaks. It just shows that anybody can break ranks or grow a conscience at any time - post something on the net and it's game over. That's why I really think that SY have decided it's endgame for the Mcs. They can't take the risk that one of the T9, Clarrie or any other of those in the know, won't fess up at some stage in the future.
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 23.06.13 22:56

A few comments tonight relating to why the government has now decided to act in this case, and suggestions that it's because the McCanns have got too big for themselves, angered too many people. I think it's less complicated than that, I don't believe individuals within the current government took too much interest in Madeleine's disappearance, assuming, like many in the Uk, that the McCanns had been cleared of involvement.

When the McCanns requested a review (which, guilty or innocent, they have to do in order to be seen to be continuing the search) I believe the government asked SY in good faith to look into the case. Once SY did that however, they have encountered the same inconsistencies as the PJ. For their part I think the McCanns fully expected that a review, if any, would reach the same conclusion as the Portuguese, that is 50/50, not enough evidence either way of the parent's involvement or abduction. At which point they would have said, well we tried everything. 

I think the outcome of the review was unexpected for the government and, at the same time I think, never in a million years did the McCanns   expect to see CPS lawyers travelling to the Algarve and the SY authorised to continue the investigation in the Uk.

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 23.06.13 23:03

suzyjohnson wrote:A few comments tonight relating to why the government has now decided to act in this case, and suggestions that it's because the McCanns have got too big for themselves, angered too many people. I think it's less complicated than that, I don't believe individuals within the current government took too much interest in Madeleine's disappearance, assuming, like many in the Uk, that the McCanns had been cleared of involvement.

When the McCanns requested a review (which, guilty or innocent, they have to do in order to be seen to be continuing the search) I believe the government asked SY in good faith to look into the case. Once SY did that however, they have encountered the same inconsistencies as the PJ. For their part I think the McCanns fully expected that a review, if any, would reach the same conclusion as the Portuguese, that is 50/50, not enough evidence either way of the parent's involvement or abduction. At which point they would have said, well we tried everything. 

I think the outcome of the review was unexpected for the government and, at the same time I think, never in a million years did the McCanns   expect to see CPS lawyers travelling to the Algarve and the SY authorised to continue the investigation in the Uk.

And let's not forget the Fund, because I am convinced that this is where the answer lies to all that's gone before.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id429.html
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee 23.06.13 23:21

Spot on Suzy:

suzy wrote:Never in a million years did the McCanns expect to see CPS lawyers travelling to the Algarve and the SY authorised to continue the investigation in the Uk.

Their bluff was called and they're going to pay the price.
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 23.06.13 23:22

maebee wrote:Spot on Suzy:

suzy wrote:Never in a million years did the McCanns expect to see CPS lawyers travelling to the Algarve and the SY authorised to continue the investigation in the Uk.

And not just lawyers, but the TOP lawyers, telling us that this is a very complicated case. I still say, LOOK AT THE FUND
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 23.06.13 23:23

maebee wrote:

I agree Shu. The internet has made information unstoppable. You only have to look at the panic the Americans are in right now over your man Snowden & Wikileaks. It just shows that anybody can break ranks or grow a conscience at any time - post something on the net and it's game over. That's why I really think that SY have decided it's endgame for the Mcs. They can't take the risk that one of the T9, Clarrie or any other of those in the know, won't fess up at some stage in the future.
I absolutely agree maebee, this is what keeps me going from one day to the next. However tightly controlled the secret agenda, someone, somewhere, at some unforeseen moment, and for some un-knowable reason, will get a conscience, turn the tables and blow the game apart. It's such a reassuring fact of life. Karma comes when she does.
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers 23.06.13 23:35

maebee wrote:Spot on Suzy:

Blocked drains in Rothley tonight!
roy rovers
roy rovers

Activity : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 23.06.13 23:35

What I am finding weird about this latest news is that the Portuguese press haven`t reported on it.  The Olive Press did however.  Joana Morais hasn`t done a post on it either, although she has continued to list the UK press cuttings about it right up to date.  Someone on here said we haven`t heard anything from Isobel Duarte; in fact we haven`t heard anything from anyone in Portugal.  Isn`t this a bit odd?

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 23.06.13 23:42

Woofer wrote:What I am finding weird about this latest news is that the Portuguese press haven`t reported on it.  The Olive Press did however.  Joana Morais hasn`t done a post on it either, although she has continued to list the UK press cuttings about it right up to date.  Someone on here said we haven`t heard anything from Isobel Duarte; in fact we haven`t heard anything from anyone in Portugal.  Isn`t this a bit odd?

VERY odd indeed!
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 23.06.13 23:50

ShuBob wrote:
Woofer wrote:What I am finding weird about this latest news is that the Portuguese press haven`t reported on it.  The Olive Press did however.  Joana Morais hasn`t done a post on it either, although she has continued to list the UK press cuttings about it right up to date.  Someone on here said we haven`t heard anything from Isobel Duarte; in fact we haven`t heard anything from anyone in Portugal.  Isn`t this a bit odd?

VERY odd indeed!

Perhaps there is a Portuguese equivalent of a super injunction on it for no one to be reporting on it.

The last Portuguese press release on McCann was 4th June.  When did KM go to Portugal?
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top