The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 8 Mm11

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 8 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 8 Mm11

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 8 Regist10

Christian Brueckner: To be or not to be

Page 8 of 39 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 8 Empty Re: Christian Brueckner: To be or not to be

Post by crusader 05.10.23 10:25

This is misleading reporting by Clarke in my opinion.

Snipped from Olive Press
Behan, now 40, had been out with pals nearby and believes she was followed across a footbridge to her first floor apartment, which had a balcony ‘easy to climb onto’.

Then later in the piece
“He must have followed me across a footbridge to block 3 where I lived and then climbed up to my window and came in wearing a mask having taken off his shoes. 

Behan was talking about the balcony window in my opinion and Clarke showed a small window instead of a balcony.

I can find no other interview with Behan that say's the rapist entered by a window.

If there is such an interview and anyone on the forum has it, please post it as I will be very interested in reading it.
crusader
crusader

Activity : 6697

Back to top Go down

Christian Brueckner:  To be or not to be - Page 8 Empty Re: Christian Brueckner: To be or not to be

Post by Silentscope 05.10.23 11:01

He must have followed me across a footbridge to block 3 where I lived and then climbed up to my window and came in wearing a mask having taken off his shoes.

Or,

He was already waiting  on the Balcony for her to return. If he had climbed in the Bedroom window when she was asleep, he might have woken her up?

Assuming the Towers are each numbered clockwise, 3 would be on the other side of the Complex, not where the Photo was taken.
Silentscope
Silentscope

Activity : 2991

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 05.10.23 11:11

The "witnesses" who claim they saw a man climbing up onto the balcony would know what time that was.
crusader
crusader

Silentscope likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentscope 05.10.23 11:28

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Block 3 in the Photo logically would be Block 9.
Even if numbered counter Clockwise it would be Block 2.

05:35-06:35 Crime reported.
Minus 4-5 Hours
01:35- 02:35 in the morning Break in?

Silentscope
Silentscope

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 05.10.23 12:00

Behan said she left the bar because there was an argument and she was "put out" because it ruined the night.
It could only have ruined the night if it was early on and not later on in the night.
Was her boyfriend still playing in the band at that time and that's why she walked home alone? again indicating it was early.
If it was early in the night  when she left, I can't see why a rapist would wait on the balcony whilst she fell asleep  
and then opened the balcony door  and woke her up.
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentscope 05.10.23 12:24

There are a lot of things that just do not fit if she really was followed over the Footbridge by her Attacker.

Whatever time she left the Party.
However long it took her to fall asleep.

Maybe he went away to change into his Costume and get his Bag?
Then climbed in?

Silentscope
Silentscope

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 05.10.23 17:41

crusader wrote:Behan was talking about the balcony window in my opinion and Clarke showed a small window instead of a balcony.

The embedded gremlins are sabotaging my posting prowess again, I was in the process of replying and the whole lot disappeared before my very eyes.

This time I'll cut it short..

The Praia Rocha complex was reported by Martin Brunt of Sky News back in July 2020 copied over up-page - in fairness he doesn't actually say the photographs show where the crime allegedly took place but the implication is there..

The Olive Press recently used the same location but clearly a different time of year as the shrubbery is not in bloom, unless the image has been manipulated..

Oh and  eyes  here it is again on a YouTube video premiered in July 2022 - who'd have thought it..

It would appear the bridge mentioned separates a Praia da Rocha complex hotel area from the apartment complex - without knowing the topography I can't comment, seems to me to be a bit of a concrete jungle.  Whatever, I don't think it's ever been said what bar Behan visited, nor which end the bridge she entered or left - seriously, it's not even known exactly where she was living.

Sky News report could be an indication but doesn't confirm anything.

Not that I believe this story for one second ....

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41927

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentscope 06.10.23 8:19

Hans Wolters gives the timing of the alleged Attack in his list of Charges against Brückner - from his Press Release 11 October 22.

On June 16, 2004 at around 3:00 a.m., the accused in Praia da Rocha in Portugal is said to have gained access to the apartment of a then 20-year-old woman from Ireland via the balcony. The sleeping woman was then awakened by the masked suspect holding a knife and brutally raped. The accused then tied and gagged the woman to a table and raped her again. He then whipped the victim on the back with a whip he had brought with him and finally forcibly performed oral sex with the victim. The accused filmed large parts of the events with a video camera he had brought with him. While the accused later fled over the balcony, the victim managed to free herself and crying to ask for help.

So this is what Wolters has formally Charged Brückner with.
Any DNA Defence possibilities have been Destroyed already.

Which is why they need a ‘new Witness’ to positively ID Brückner?
Very convenient…
Silentscope
Silentscope

crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 06.10.23 8:23

So if it was around 3am, it wasn't someone who followed her home.
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 06.10.23 8:30

Some aerial Shots.    Copyright me - or perhaps Google maps ! ! !

general view, with block identified

Closer view of block showing CAR PARK

CLOSER view showing the yellow concrete blocks in the access road to the car park

Is the access road to a car park the best place to start climbing into someones window or onto the balcony, dressed like a ninja, carrying a HUGE knife and a very heavy video camera with spare tapes and batteries  ? ?   EDITED TO ADD.  AND a whip ! !
Asking for a friend !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16851

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentscope 06.10.23 8:44

crusader wrote:So if it was around 3am, it wasn't someone who followed her home.

But it was someone who knew EXACTLY what he had planned to do, who knew her NAME, and had been in her ROOM before.

Silentscope
Silentscope

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 06.10.23 9:20

Many people would have known her name, not necessarily from her group of friends.
The workers in the hotel would have known of her, cleaners, kitchen staff etc, some people would have known her daily routine and habits.
It wasn't Brueckner, he has no tattoo, she never said she had seen him hanging around, nor have any other witnesses come forward to say they had seen him in the area.
If someone saw her staggering about drunk and followed her back to her apartment, why did they wait several hours before entering the apartment waking her up by calling her name and attacking her.
I think we can safely say Behan was not followed home by an all in black ninja carrying a large knife.
So it was a planned attack by someone who knew her name and not someone who followed her home.
There is something not right about the whole story.
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 06.10.23 9:28

Silentscope wrote:
crusader wrote:So if it was around 3am, it wasn't someone who followed her home.

But it was someone who knew EXACTLY what he had planned to do, who knew her NAME, and had been in her ROOM before.
The boyfriend acting out a rehearsed 'fantasy' ?
The boyfriend who had been turned down ?
A friend of the boyfriend ?
A bad fantasy dream . . .?

And before people jump in and say that is Misogynistic, women DO fantasise, as much as men,
and one of the recurring ones they will admit to is being "taken" and 'overpowered' by a strong man
who does not actually hurt or harm them, but who is totally in control.

From there some fantasise about being hurt, and that drifts off into S&M, bondage and so on.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16851

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

crusader and CaKeLoveR like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 06.10.23 9:40

I also suspect the boyfriend.
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentscope 06.10.23 10:45

Whatever the argument between the Boyfriend and his Boss was neither of them is recognised by the Victim. The PJ would have checked on their whereabouts as a matter of course, and it seems they stayed at work? DNA was found, but no Matches were made.

Maybe someone else noticed the argument, then later left the Party and broke in?
Silentscope
Silentscope

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 06.10.23 11:27

Silentscope wrote:Whatever the argument between the Boyfriend and his Boss was neither of them is recognised by the Victim. The PJ  would have checked on their whereabouts as a matter of course, and it seems they stayed at work? DNA was found, but no Matches were made.

Maybe someone else noticed the argument, then later left the Party and broke in?
Could be, if the witness who positively identified Brueckner as the person who was running away after removing his mask then why was there no DNA of Brueckner in the flat.
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentscope 06.10.23 11:54

I think it is the other way around Crusader, all stored Evidence including DNA was destroyed on orders of a Judge on 15 March 2007.

That is now why they need a positive Identification, so Jutta Rabe ‘presents’ one.
Silentscope
Silentscope

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentscope 07.10.23 9:17

Still waiting to fall off my Chair!

from the Regional Court of Braunschweig

Indictment for rape, sex. Abuse received

The Regional Court of Braunschweig confirms the receipt of an indictment of the Public Prosecutor's Office Braunschweig with five acts against sexual self-determination against a 45-year-old defendant.

Regarding the content of the charges, reference is made to the press release of the Braunschweig Public Prosecutor's Office dated October 11, 2022.

The indictment comprises more than one hundred pages.

For reasons of presumption of innocence and protection of personality, no further details of the specific charges will be disclosed by the Regional Court.

According to the business allocation plan of the Regional Court, the 2nd Criminal Chamber is responsible for the proceedings as the Juvenile Protection Chamber (file number 2 KLs 213 Js 52790/18 (15/22). In the interlocutory proceedings now commencing, the 2nd Criminal Chamber will first serve the defendant and his defense counsel with the indictment. This will give them the opportunity to comment on the charges brought by the prosecution, to raise objections to the opening of the main proceedings and/or to request the taking of evidence.

In the so-called intermediate proceedings, the chamber examines whether the indictment will be admitted and the main proceedings opened. It is not possible at present to give a time forecast as to the duration of this examination. The court decides to open the main proceedings if, according to the results of the preparatory proceedings, the defendant is sufficiently suspected of having committed criminal acts through his conduct. Sufficient suspicion exists if a subsequent conviction of the accused appears probable with the available admissible evidence. The interlocutory proceedings end with a decision by the chamber on whether or not to open the main proceedings in the form of an order. Only when the court opens the main proceedings will the chamber subsequently set dates for the main hearing and make decisions on the organizational course of the main hearing.

The defendant is currently in criminal custody on the basis of a judgment of the Regional Court of Braunschweig (file number 1 KLs 71/19, sentence to a total term of imprisonment of 7 years).

The Criminal Division will still have to decide on the issue of issuing an arrest warrant against the defendant in these criminal proceedings.

Due to the current workload of the 2nd Criminal Chamber with main trial dates in already pending criminal proceedings with so-called detention cases (in which the defendants are in pre-trial detention and detention review dates are pending promptly), a start of the trial, insofar as the main trial is opened, is not to be expected this year.

Notice:

A press release will be issued as soon as a decision has been reached in the interim proceedings. We kindly ask you to refrain from further inquiries, as in view of the state of the proceedings, no further information on the proceedings will be provided either by telephone or in writing at present.

Thank you for your understanding!

Judge at the Regional Court

Maike Block-Cavallaro

Press spokeswoman

District Court Braunschweig

Münzstrasse 17

38100 Brunswick
landgericht-braunschweig.de
Silentscope
Silentscope

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 07.10.23 9:59

Snipped from ^^^
For reasons of presumption of innocence and protection of personality, no further details of the specific charges will be disclosed by the Regional Court.

laugh laugh
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 07.10.23 16:38

Silentscope [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Would you please post the official link to verify this text.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 07.10.23 17:02

Still all that remains is regurgitation of press reports - everything but everything that encircles Brueckner is received by way of the press and media. Until such times as official documentation is presented, relative to any aspect of Brueckner's alleged crimes, I will remain sceptical.

Hazel Behan, by way of the press and media, claims when hearing of the rape charge against Brueckner she was convinced it was he who raped and tortured her in 2004. No compelling evidence to confirm Behan's alleged rape was reported, no official documentation to confirm, only the word of Behan and associated press/media outlets.

Earlier press reports indicate Sky News as the epicentre of all things Hazel Bevan, the shock waves wafting across the airwaves and true to form, mutilated as the story traveled from one source to another. This includes the tale of forensic evidence being destroyed .... and wait for it clown .... only weeks before Madeleleine McCann was reported missing. Hence a link to the case.

Read on and it becomes apparent that the tale was just another excuse to stick knives in the Portuguese authorities and trash their investigation.

I put it to you, Hazel Behan is a stool pigeon. She was never raped, least of all by Christian Brueckner. Her story, if it's to be believed, although brief and slightly inconsistent has been somewhat embellished by the press and media.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 07.10.23 17:11

Portugal police could reopen case into rape of Irish woman in 2004

This article is more than 3 years old

Possible inquiry into assault on Hazel Behan comes after claims against Madeleine McCann suspect

Kate Connolly, and Mia Alberti in Portimão
Wed 22 Jul 2020 19.43 BST

Portuguese police have begun a process that could lead to the reopening of an investigation into the unsolved rape of an Irish woman as they seek to build a case against a possible suspect in connection with the abduction of Madeleine McCann.

Detectives in Portugal last week collected the archived case file on the vicious assault in 2004 of Hazel Behan, who was working as a holiday rep in Praia da Rocha on the Algarve, according to a source in the public prosecutor’s office.

A judge could later decide if the investigators can officially reopen the case, a ruling that is unlikely to happen until after the summer.

Behan last month asked UK detectives working on Madeleine’s disappearance to review her attack, after learning that a new suspect in the then three-year-old’s abduction had been convicted of a sexual assault with similarities to her own experience.

Behan was alerted to the police appeal for new evidence in connection with Christian Brückner, who was recently named as a main suspect in Madeleine’s 2007 disappearance. She discovered the 43-year-old had recently been convicted of the rape of a 72-year-old American woman in Praia da Luz in 2005.

She told the Guardian in an interview she had been shocked at the similarities between the attack on the American and her own experience.

“My mind was blown when I read how he had attacked a woman in 2005, both the tactics and the methods he used, how well he had planned it out,” she said. “I puked to be honest with you, as reading about it took me right back to my experience.”

Met officers working on Operation Grange, the investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance, interviewed Behan at length and said they would contact Portuguese police. The move to retrieve the archived files came late last week.

The 110-page case file, which has been seen by the Guardian and is being held at a court in Portimão, includes details of objects collected by police from the scene of the attack. Among these were the scissors used by Behan’s attacker to cut her clothes, one of her fingernails, and a shirt on which blood was found.

The items were tested for DNA, according to a report in the file. A swab was also taken during a medical examination but was destroyed in 2007, according to the file, because it had been kept in “adverse preservation conditions”. The rest of the items were destroyed in 2009. The destruction of forensic evidence in cases where no suspect has been identified is reportedly standard practice in Portugal.

In the file the police concluded the attack on Behan had been an isolated case, the modus operandi of which was not found in any other cases. The police also said in the file that attempts to find the attacker were hampered by the fact the Euro 2004 football tournament was taking place at the time, leading to “thousands of people from several nationalities” being present in Praia da Rocha.

Behan said she was treated insensitively by the Portuguese police, who she believes failed to properly investigate the rape. She said local people tried to dissuade her from talking about her case.

Evidence on the rape and robbery of the American woman the following year in the nearby resort of Praia da Luz was supposed to have been destroyed in 2010, but court officials had overlooked the fact, according to a file held on the 2005 rape, which the Guardian has also seen.

When German authorities requested the file and evidence – eight items, including a piece of rope used to tie the victim – after receiving information from the Met, it was sent to them by the Portuguese authorities in March 2018. The evidence led to Brückner’s conviction for the 2005 rape in December last year.

However, his lawyers are appealing against the conviction at the European court of justice on the grounds it was not the crime for which he was extradited from Portugal three years ago. The judges are expected to deliver their verdict in about two weeks’ time. Brückner is serving a prison sentence for drugs trafficking in an isolation cell in Kiel, Germany. He is due to be released in January.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 07.10.23 17:26

Then we have the word of Gerard Couzens, a familiar old hand at reporting on the case of Madeleine McCann.

Portuguese prosecutors DESTROYED vital DNA evidence from brutal five-hour sex attack linked to Christian Brueckner just weeks before Madeleine McCann vanished, court papers reveal

Hazel Behan, from Ireland, was raped in apartment in Praia da Rocha in 2004
She says she was tied up and attacked by a masked man who entered her room
But today it emerged the DNA evidence collected from the crime scene was destroyed around two months before Madeleine's disappearance
The chance of making any solid link between the two cases is now more difficult

By Gerard Couzens for MailOnline

Published: 12:04, 20 June 2020 | Updated: 12:30, 20 June 2020

DNA from a rape linked to Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brueckner was destroyed on the orders of Portuguese prosecutors.

Irish rape victim Hazel Behan waived her right to anonymity last week to say she believed a masked man who targeted her in her Algarve apartment could have been the German sex offender.

She went public about the horrific 2004 attack after discovering Bruecker had been convicted late last year of the September 2005 rape of an American in Praia da Luz where Madeleine vanished in May 2007.

Mother-of-two Ms Behan said the Met Police had told her they were taking her case very seriously and would be contacting Portuguese counterparts after taking a statement.

But today it emerged the DNA evidence collected from the crime scene was destroyed around two months before Madeleine's disappearance, meaning the chance of making any solid link between the two cases if the same offender was responsible could now prove impossible.

The extraordinary decision was laid bare in court papers relating to Ms Behan's rape in Praia da Rocha a half-hour drive east of Praia da Luz

It followed the March 2007 mothballing of the court probe to try to catch the beast who raped the former holiday rep in a sustained five-hour attack after threatening her with a machete.

The decision to shelve the investigation was linked to the fact identifying possible suspects was complicated by the fact the rape occurred during Euro 2004 when more people were in the area and it appeared to be a 'one-off' attack

The case files state the victim described her rapist as an English speaker who could be 'German, Belgian or Dutch
.'

Ms Behan's underwear was among clothes passed on to a lab for expert analysis along with a broken nail.

The documents make it clear DNA was obtained but no match. They do not specify the exact nature of the material recovered.

Confirming the destruction of the DNA evidence, they say: 'On March 15 2007 when the judge decides to archive the investigation, the Public Ministry decide any biological material should be destroyed.

They add: 'As they are in a bad condition it is improbable that if this re-investigation was reopened the material could be subjected to counterproof analysis.'

The astonishing DNA decision emerged just days after the former head of Portugal's National Forensic Medicine Institute said the evidence collected from the McCanns' holiday apartment could still prove valuable in unlocking the 13-year mystery.

Duarte Nuno Vieira, President President of Portugal's National Forensic Medicine Institute when the youngster vanished, said all the samples taken were kept under lock and key at a lab in the northern city of Coimbra and could be used for re-testing with today's modern technology whenever needed.

He told Portuguese broadcaster CMTV: 'The samples are still being kept in optimum conditions and despite the fact 13 years have gone by, it's still possible today to repeat tests.'

Recent unconfirmed Portuguese reports claimed convicted rapist Brueckner had been ruled out as a suspect in the Hazel Behan case but gave no indication why.

Dubliner Ms Behan, who has now returned to Ireland, also told the Guardian in an interview last week she recalled a distinctive mark on the top of Bruecker's right thigh which could have been a birthmark or a tattoo.

The German is said to have birthmarks on his upper right thigh.

Telling how she was woken at 1am by the sound of someone calling her name who then removed her clothes with scissors and gagged her with cloth
, she said: 'My mind was blown when I read how he had attacked a woman in 2005, both the tactics and the methods he used, the tools he had with him, how well he had planned it out.

'I puked, to be honest with you, as reading about it took me right back to my experience.'

The new gaffe by Portuguese authorities comes on the back of revelations yesterday that Brueckner admitted to an Algarve judge after he was caught for stealing diesel in April 2006 that he had a teenage sex conviction.

The 43-year-old German admitted his sordid past in his initial court quiz following his detention, court papers from the time show.

The revelation put Portuguese police under the spotlight over their initial failure to link Brueckner to the Maddie inquiry.

The information that showed he was a sex offender and not just a petty thief was a matter of public record in Portugal.

The German molested a six-year-old girl in a playground in his home town of Wurzburg, Bavaria, in 1994 when he was just 17.

Brueckner left his homeland for the Algarve after serving part of a two-year youth sentence for the crime.

Earlier this month Portuguese police chief Carlos Farinha tried to pass the blame for Brueckner slipping through the net 13 years ago by revealing his name was among hundreds passed on to Scotland Yard Grange detectives investigating Maddie's disappearance in 2011

He insisted Scotland Yard detectives had never asked the PJ to take a closer look at him.

Brueckner only came back on the police radar in 2017, after confessing to a bar room pal in Germany on the 10th anniversary of Maddie's disappearance that he knew what had happened to her.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 07.10.23 17:40

The 43-year-old German admitted his sordid past in his initial court quiz following his detention, court papers from the time show.

Court quiz big grin ?

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 07.10.23 17:54

But today it emerged the DNA evidence collected from the crime scene was destroyed around two months before Madeleine's disappearance, meaning the chance of making any solid link between the two cases if the same offender was responsible could now prove impossible.

Why would officialdom want to make a link between the disappearance of a three year old child and the alleged rape of a 20 year old holiday rep?

If looking for evidence to link Brueckner with Madeleine McCann's disappearance then why not the forensic reports for the rape of the pensioner - or has that been destroyed also?

confused

DNA of all forensically examined case victims, witnesses suspects and convicted felons will be on record, even if the samples harvested from the crime scene have been destroyed.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 39 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top