The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Telephone call to Operation Grange, 2.35pm Tuesday 16 October 2018 Mm11

Telephone call to Operation Grange, 2.35pm Tuesday 16 October 2018 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Telephone call to Operation Grange, 2.35pm Tuesday 16 October 2018 Mm11

Telephone call to Operation Grange, 2.35pm Tuesday 16 October 2018 Regist10

Telephone call to Operation Grange, 2.35pm Tuesday 16 October 2018

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Telephone call to Operation Grange, 2.35pm Tuesday 16 October 2018 Empty Telephone call to Operation Grange, 2.35pm Tuesday 16 October 2018

Post by Tony Bennett 16.10.18 15:30

Telephone call to Operation Grange, 2.35pm Tuesday 16 October 2018

In view of uncertainty about whether Operation Grange is still in existence, and whether or not the Metropolitan Police has applied for extended funding, or if so, whether the Home Office has yet made a decision, I contacted Operation Grange today on the publicly-available telephone number, 0207 321 9521.

I also rang because of a number of messages posted by Isabelle McFadden on the internet claiming that Operation Grange HAD applied for more money and that officer ‘Mark’ had told her that this was a serious, honest, genuine enquiry into how Madeleine had ‘disappeared’.   

After dialling the number, there were six rings, and then this 8-word message in a rather dour, unwelcoming male voice: “OPERATION GRANGE IS UNAVAILABLE.  PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE”.

So I did leave a message. I said I have some evidence to give to the team. I did at the same time say that my evidence may not be consistent with the terms of the remit (i.e. it did not support the abduction narrative) and therefore asked if they would be interested in receiving it.

I also enquired whether the media reports were true that the Met Police had now applied for more OG funding, whether, if so, the Home Office had approved further expenditure and whether internet speculation that Operation Grange may have terminated could be true, in the light of claims that Operation Grange was no longer featured on the Met Police website.

I will report any reply here.  

I have also today submitted the Freedom of Information Act request below to the Met Police via the ‘What Do They Know’ website.  

FOI ACT REQUEST 16 OCTOBER 2018 

The Metropolitan Police successfully applied for further Home Office funding for Operation Grange [search for Madeleine McCann] until ‘September 2018’. Today it is 16 October 2018.

There was a recent statement by the Metropolitan Police reported in sections of the media stating that the Met Police had NOT yet applied for further funding.

Therefore please answer the following questions:
1 Has the Met Police applied for further Home Office funding for Operation Grange?

2 If so, when?

3 If so, how much funding did they ask for and/or what period did they specify for any extension to be sanctioned?

4 Was any application for future funding supported by a written application specifiying in detail how any further funding could help to find out exactly what happened to Madeleine and/or identify, charge and prosecute the person or persons responsible for her disappearance?

5 If an application HAS been made to the Home Office, has the Met Police received a reply yet? If so, when, and what was the reply?

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24767

Back to top Go down

Telephone call to Operation Grange, 2.35pm Tuesday 16 October 2018 Empty Re: Telephone call to Operation Grange, 2.35pm Tuesday 16 October 2018

Post by Phoebe 16.10.18 17:07

@ Tony Bennett. Good stuff! The response to FOI will be interesting.
The notion that police officers would give out information to someone who just calls up and asks has to be a mickey take, unless, the poor sod claiming this is as deluded as my elderly neighbour (lovely chap, but certified tinfoil helmet territory!) who often tells me he has chats with  President Higgins, Trump and the Queen (to name but a few).
Phoebe

Activity : 3046

Back to top Go down

Telephone call to Operation Grange, 2.35pm Tuesday 16 October 2018 Empty Re: Telephone call to Operation Grange, 2.35pm Tuesday 16 October 2018

Post by Tony Bennett 16.10.18 17:24

Phoebe wrote:@ Tony Bennett. Good stuff! The response to FOI will be interesting.
The notion that police officers would give out information to someone who just calls up and asks has to be a mickey take, unless, the poor sod claiming this is as deluded as my elderly neighbour (lovely chap, but certified tinfoil helmet territory!) who often tells me he has chats with  President Higgins, Trump and the Queen (to name but a few).

I have spoken on the 'phone to officers of Operation Grange before - and in October 2011 I and a fellow-member of the Madeleine Foundation spent time in person at the OG offices talking to the second-in-command there and handing in a dossier about the case, concentrating on the activities of the McCanns' dodgy private investigations.

You wrote: "The notion that police officers would give out information to someone who just calls up and asks has to be a mickey take..."

Under normal conditions I would agree with you.

But there was one notable exception.

If your name's Anthony Summers & Robyn Swan, they invite you in for coffee and biscuits and give you a few juicy titbits about their new lines of enquiry.

They never gave us coffee and biscuits when we went there.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24767

Back to top Go down

Telephone call to Operation Grange, 2.35pm Tuesday 16 October 2018 Empty Telephone call

Post by willowthewisp 16.10.18 18:38

Tony Bennett wrote:
Phoebe wrote:@ Tony Bennett. Good stuff! The response to FOI will be interesting.

I have spoken on the 'phone to officers of Operation Grange before - and in October 2011 I and a fellow-member of the Madeleine Foundation spent time in person at the OG offices talking to the second-in-command there and handing in a dossier about the case, concentrating on the activities of the McCanns' dodgy private investigations.

You wrote: "The notion that police officers would give out information to someone who just calls up and asks has to be a mickey take..."

Under normal conditions I would agree with you.

But there was one notable exception.

If your name's Anthony Summers & Robyn Swan, they invite you in for coffee and biscuits and give you a few juicy titbits about their new lines of enquiry.

They never gave us coffee and biscuits when we went there.
It also helps if your names is Clarence Mitchell,Spin Meister Supreme,when contacting Operation Grange,it's not what you know, its who you know,Kate,Gerry Your Majesty!
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 16.10.18 19:46

Tony

Allegedly they also speak to The Sun and other fake news papers.

Maybe you should have asked whether all these crazy news reports about new leads, cleaners, tractor men,  gypsies etc., have any truth in them.
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11159

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 16.10.18 23:38

Tony...was the "hold" music the Benny Hill theme?
sar

Activity : 1680

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 13.11.18 19:19

MPS late again!
Telephone call to Operation Grange, 2.35pm Tuesday 16 October 2018 Grange11
Doug D

Activity : 5283

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 15.11.18 15:59

One law for one………………..?

Telephone call to Operation Grange, 2.35pm Tuesday 16 October 2018 Foi10

Four of the questions have probably just about been answered in the press, but Q4 is obviously too difficult for them to respond to on time:

4. Was any application for future funding supported by a written application specifiying in detail how any further funding could help to find out exactly what happened to Madeleine and/or identify, charge and prosecute the person or persons responsible for her disappearance?

eta:
Even that shouldn't have been too hard to just stick the usual 'can't comment on ongoing investigations' bullshit on, in order to get the whole response out in due time, AS REQUIRED BY LAW.
Doug D

Activity : 5283

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 15.11.18 16:43

DD, not totally unexpected these days sadly!
sar

Activity : 1680

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top