The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

'IT'S NOT ABOUT MAKING MONEY' Kate McCann threatens to sue social media users for stealing extracts from best seller book about missing Maddie by Tracey Kandohla 18th March 2017 Mm11

'IT'S NOT ABOUT MAKING MONEY' Kate McCann threatens to sue social media users for stealing extracts from best seller book about missing Maddie by Tracey Kandohla 18th March 2017 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

'IT'S NOT ABOUT MAKING MONEY' Kate McCann threatens to sue social media users for stealing extracts from best seller book about missing Maddie by Tracey Kandohla 18th March 2017 Mm11

'IT'S NOT ABOUT MAKING MONEY' Kate McCann threatens to sue social media users for stealing extracts from best seller book about missing Maddie by Tracey Kandohla 18th March 2017 Regist10

'IT'S NOT ABOUT MAKING MONEY' Kate McCann threatens to sue social media users for stealing extracts from best seller book about missing Maddie by Tracey Kandohla 18th March 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'IT'S NOT ABOUT MAKING MONEY' Kate McCann threatens to sue social media users for stealing extracts from best seller book about missing Maddie by Tracey Kandohla 18th March 2017 Empty 'IT'S NOT ABOUT MAKING MONEY' Kate McCann threatens to sue social media users for stealing extracts from best seller book about missing Maddie by Tracey Kandohla 18th March 2017

Post by Verdi 18.03.17 14:59

'IT'S NOT ABOUT MAKING MONEY'

Kate McCann threatens to sue social media users for stealing extracts from best seller book about missing Maddie

She has also hit out at claims she is cashing in on her daughter’s disappearance

Exclusive:  By Tracey Kandohla

18th March 2017, 2:24 pm
Updated: 18th March 2017, 2:39 pm

FURIOUS Kate McCann is threatening legal action against social media users stealing extracts from the best seller book she wrote about missing daughter Madeleine.
The mum warns them: “It is illegal and you are violating copyright.”

'IT'S NOT ABOUT MAKING MONEY' Kate McCann threatens to sue social media users for stealing extracts from best seller book about missing Maddie by Tracey Kandohla 18th March 2017 Nintchdbpict0002866895894

Kate and Gerry McCann have been searching for their missing daughter Maddie since she disappeared in 2007  
 'IT'S NOT ABOUT MAKING MONEY' Kate McCann threatens to sue social media users for stealing extracts from best seller book about missing Maddie by Tracey Kandohla 18th March 2017 Nintchdbpict0000040277846

She has also hit out at claims she is cashing in on her daughter’s disappearance, saying: “For those posting that we are trying to make money, you are absolutely wrong.”
In a rare online reaction Maddie’s mum has vented her anger on a Facebook page promoting the hunt for her daughter.
The official Find Maddie Campaign is endorsed by ex GP Kate and heart doctor husband  Gerry of Rothley, Leics. All posts by the site’s un-named web chief, a mum who runs the site with a group of fellow supporters, are approved by the couple.
On Kate’s behalf she today  writes: “I would like to remind those who are sharing Kate’s book online, you are violating copyright law.
“Kate’s publisher has notified Facebook and other social media networks of the links and people engaging in this illegal activity.
“You risk having your Facebook account terminated and could face prosecution brought by the publisher. Downloading and sharing copyrighted material is illegal.”

The Webmaster urges campaigners: “If you see Kate’s book posted online out of the normal ways to purchase an e-book, please let us know.
“We will notify Kate’s publisher and they will have the links removed and determine if the person posting should be prosecuted.”
Kate, 49, and Gerry, 48, are bracing themselves for the painful milestone 10th anniversary of their daughter’s disappearance in less than seven weeks.
Three-year-old Maddie vanished from a holiday apartment in Portugal’s Praia da Luz in May 2007 while her parents were dining in a nearby tapas bar with pals.
They are clinging onto a glimmer of hope that Maddie, who would now be aged 13, nearly 14, would still be alive.

'IT'S NOT ABOUT MAKING MONEY' Kate McCann threatens to sue social media users for stealing extracts from best seller book about missing Maddie by Tracey Kandohla 18th March 2017 Nintchdbpict0001661483894

Maddie would now be aged 13, nearly 14  
 'IT'S NOT ABOUT MAKING MONEY' Kate McCann threatens to sue social media users for stealing extracts from best seller book about missing Maddie by Tracey Kandohla 18th March 2017 Nintchdbpict0002983826692

Kate, 49, and Gerry, 48, are bracing themselves for the painful milestone 10th anniversary of their daughter’s disappearance in less than seven weeks  
The McCann’s have recently been subjected to a cruel torrent of online abuse from minor celebrities and so-called criminal experts.
They spouted off after it was revealed Scotland Yard had been handed an extra £85,000 of taxpayers’ money to continue the Maddie hunt. So far the inquiry codenamed Operation Grange and set up in May 2011 has failed to unearth any new clues.
The Campaign Webmaster adds: “For those posting that we are trying to make money, you are absolutely wrong! By posting the book online, you are stealing from the publisher.
“Kate was given an advance for her book which was put into the fund. This isn’t about us making money. It’s about participating in an illegal activity and stealing from the publisher, which is punishable under the law. If you don’t want to purchase the book, that’s fine. Just don’t steal it!”
In May 2011 Kate penned her memoirs “to give an account of the truth” and to help boost the dwindling public fund set up to find her daughter.

Debate rages as more money is given to continue search for Madeleine McCann
The £20 book simply called “Madeleine” and published by Transworld, part of Bantam Press, was a huge success. It was serialised by The Sun newspaper.
It netted her £1million from sales which went straight into the Maddie pot.
In the forward to the 383-page hardback the anguished mum wrote: “The decision to publish this book has been very difficult, and taken with heavy hearts. Writing this memoir has entailed recording some very personal, intimate and emotional aspects of our lives. Sharing these with strangers does not come easily to me.”
The website states: Here's where you can legally purchase Kate's book. http://findmadeleine.com/campaigns/madeleine_book.html

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42327

Back to top Go down

'IT'S NOT ABOUT MAKING MONEY' Kate McCann threatens to sue social media users for stealing extracts from best seller book about missing Maddie by Tracey Kandohla 18th March 2017 Empty Re: 'IT'S NOT ABOUT MAKING MONEY' Kate McCann threatens to sue social media users for stealing extracts from best seller book about missing Maddie by Tracey Kandohla 18th March 2017

Post by ChippyM 18.03.17 15:07

They really are desperate to shut down any discussion now aren't they?!
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

'IT'S NOT ABOUT MAKING MONEY' Kate McCann threatens to sue social media users for stealing extracts from best seller book about missing Maddie by Tracey Kandohla 18th March 2017 Empty Re: 'IT'S NOT ABOUT MAKING MONEY' Kate McCann threatens to sue social media users for stealing extracts from best seller book about missing Maddie by Tracey Kandohla 18th March 2017

Post by Verdi 18.03.17 15:16

ChippyM wrote:They really are desperate to shut down any discussion now aren't they?!
I wonder Kandohla's allowed to get away with it - she's posessed and obsessed.  These exclusives she churns out so regularly must be run past a sub-editor, what the heck are they playing at?

Although I truly believe this is all aimed to support the McCanns, I don't think in the long run it does them any favours - it's so embarrassing, I squirm for their precarious predicament.

So exasperated I forgot the link..

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3121387/kate-mccann-sue-maddie-book/

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 18.03.17 15:25

ChippyM wrote:They really are desperate to shut down any discussion now aren't they?!
It sure sounds like it.  But the more they do stuff like this the more Guilty they look, and it all smacks of desperation by them IMO.
How about they stop with their B.S. and go and do something more productive and get their mugs out of the public domain. They do have two other children to think about don't they? They really aren't doing themselves any favors. They wanted to be judged by the court of public opinion with the circus, and they don't like it now the tide has turned against them. Oh well, too sad too bad.

'IT'S NOT ABOUT MAKING MONEY' Kate McCann threatens to sue social media users for stealing extracts from best seller book about missing Maddie by Tracey Kandohla 18th March 2017 EdgarMitchell-320x276
Joss
Joss

Activity : 2154

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 18.03.17 15:38

A quote from Tracey Kandohla's article

"The £20 book simply called “Madeleine” and published by Transworld, part of Bantam Press, was a huge success. It was serialised by The Sun newspaperIt netted her £1million from sales which went straight into the Maddie pot”

End quote
Why does MS Kandhla insist on using the title "Madeleine" when referring to Kate McCann's book? Maybe she could ask Kate why she used a lower case "m" in her daughter's name, and let us know,  because I can't get my head around why it was done.
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 18.03.17 16:07

sallypelt wrote:A quote from Tracey Kandohla's article

"The £20 book simply called “Madeleine” and published by Transworld, part of Bantam Press, was a huge success. It was serialised by The Sun newspaperIt netted her £1million from sales which went straight into the Maddie pot”

End quote
Why does MS Kandhla insist on using the title "Madeleine" when referring to Kate McCann's book? Maybe she could ask Kate why she used a lower case "m" in her daughter's name, and let us know,  because I can't get my head around why it was done.
This is interesting regarding the serialised Sun version................. http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id368.htm

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 18.03.17 16:32

' ....For those posting that we are trying to make money, you are absolutely wrong ....'

I do actually believe that. 

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmaryholmes 18.03.17 16:43

There is no doubt in my mind that the Mccanns are ramping up the PR because there is big money to be made from the tenth anniversary. The stories being churned out by this Sun McCann buddy are pitiable. Trawling twitter for quotes is hardly journalism at its best. Threats to sue all and sundry or dire warnings about book banning don't  seem to be having the desired effect, however. It's similar to when the BBC used to ban records, it almost guaranteed they would sell like hot cakes. I just wonder what Gerry and Kate will do after the 3rd of May has come and gone? Do they think people are going to let this case drop into obscurity?
Cmaryholmes

Activity : 915

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer 18.03.17 17:03

Has " furious Kate " still not worked out that she​ can't​ give " an account​ of the truth​ " 

It's either​ the​ truth or it's not​ .

I have again to come back to the poor twins​ as Joss said​ above , think about your​ other​ children please , think about what you are putting​ them through​ knowing their parents are once again splashed over the papers .

You keep telling us Kate​ and Gerry what good parents​ you​ are​ , time​ to prove​ it !

Activity : 2377

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 18.03.17 17:08

Please Tracey just try to get your story straight, or have the Tapas crew been training you in obfuscation?

In the title you say:

‘Kate McCann threatens to sue social media users for stealing extracts from best seller book about missing Maddie’

then in the article it comes out as:

“I would like to remind those who are sharing Kate’s book online, you are violating copyright law,

so which is it?

Under ‘fair usage’ rules people are entitled to quote bits of the bewk and there is absolutely nothing KM can do about that.

Sharing the book online is a different matter and I have seen a few FB sites that have deleted entries where people have tried to do this recently.

Surprisingly enough Tracey also drops in:

‘In May 2011 Kate penned her memoirs “to give an account of the truth”

highlighting the fact to the Sun reading populace that 'madeleine' is not the truth, which is what people would dearly like, but only ‘an account of the truth’.

Was it KM that first penned Donald Trump’s communication strategy?

As for calling them 'Kate's memoirs'.............!!!
Doug D

Activity : 5283

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 18.03.17 17:14

I'm just listening to the interesting interview on the Sky News video (Debate rages as more money is given to continue search for Madeleine McCann) which accompanies this article.

What does Peter Kirkham actually say at 01.25 ? 

It seems initially he talks about investigations into 'such as murder or missing persons' (at 00.17) Later, at 01.25, he just refers to 'murder' cases.

Is this significant do you think? Why would he refer to a murder investigation?

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 18.03.17 18:45

I wonder what extract from the book has been quoted the most?
IMO it might not be a good idea to sue anyone about using any quotes from the book as I have read that there are one or two which do not come over too well.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 19.03.17 0:11

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/exceptions-to-copyright

Picks the bones out of that!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 19.03.17 9:01

talking of copy rights

https://changecopyright.org/en-US?utm_source=desktop-snippet&utm_campaign=EUcopyright&utm_medium=snippet&utm_term=5738&utm_content=release&sample_rate=0.01&snippet_name=5738#get-involved

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 19.03.17 9:05

Thanks for posting the link verdi - fair usage for criticism
Don't think too many sites will have a problem with that then.

Just as well people can still quote court rulings etc.   Next TPTB may well  be wanting that stopped too.

roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 21.03.17 12:39

'SUE' ME, KA£E!

'FURIOUS Kate McCann threatens to sue social media users for 'stealing extracts' from best seller book about missing Maddie.'
------------------------------------

Here's an 'extract' I've 'stolen' from your book 'madeleine'

""It may sound odd, but in some ways we were GLAD the investigation had been CLOSED."

P317, bewk. 'madeleine'.

(Not 'sure' about how many mothers, or people related to 'missing' people, would be 'glad' ANY police 'investigation' into their 'missing people', was 'closed')

Now, if you can erm 'explain' to ALL the other parents, of 'missing' people, WHY 'you and your husband' were GLAD the police 'investigation' into YOUR 'missing' child was 'closed', i'll gladly 'stop stealing extracts' from your 'book'.

Until then, I guess, you'll just have to 'sue' me!

See you in court!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer 21.03.17 13:32

So if I buy the​ book​ from the website​ it's a " legal​ " purchase ?

Does that​ mean​ if I buy it second hand​ from​ a charity shop that's​ an " illegal " purchase​ ?

Has anyone​ told the​ charities this ?

Or is it because​ the money wouldn't go into the " fund "? 

Are you now​ regretting some​ of the things you wrote , Tweedledee​ and Tweedledum​ , f.....G t.....S , couldn't​ make​ love to Gerry ( splashed all​ over​ the papers " )  Not​ to​ mention the vile reference​ to your​ daughter's genitals .

Ok , I 'll keep​ an eye on my post​ shall I ?

Back to top Go down

'IT'S NOT ABOUT MAKING MONEY' Kate McCann threatens to sue social media users for stealing extracts from best seller book about missing Maddie by Tracey Kandohla 18th March 2017 Empty blame it on some-one else...

Post by worriedmum 21.03.17 15:37

sandancer wrote:So if I buy the​ book​ from the website​ it's a " legal​ " purchase ?

Does that​ mean​ if I buy it second hand​ from​ a charity shop that's​ an " illegal " purchase​ ?

Are you now​ regretting some​ of the things you wrote , Tweedledee​ and Tweedledum​ , f.....G t.....S , couldn't​ make​ love to Gerry ( splashed all​ over​ the papers " )  Not​ to​ mention the vile reference​ to your​ daughter's genitals .

try not to worry, sandancer. Anything awkward , just say ''a source close to (my) family told me it was well within the bounds of responsible charity-shop shopping. And thousands of others have done exactly the same...''
exalt
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer 21.03.17 16:22

worriedmum wrote:
sandancer wrote:So if I buy the​ book​ from the website​ it's a " legal​ " purchase ?

try not to worry, sandancer. Anything awkward , just say ''a source close to (my) family told me it was well within the bounds of responsible charity-shop shopping. And thousands of others have done exactly the same...''
exalt

Aww thanks​ worriedmum   

I did see a copy​ one day but went next​ door and spent my £1 on a bar of chocolate​ instead​ .

Not good​ on the hips but​ much better for the soul .

To be honest ( hmm heard that somewhere before ) I wouldn't​ let that​ "bewk " sully my bookcase  laughat

My source​ close to​ the family ( the cat ) tends to sit on things​ left​ on the floor​ now I couldn't let that happen cos that​ wouldn't be responsible​ book keeping​     bignono big grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmaryholmes 21.03.17 17:06

Watch out, folks! Kate is furious again!
Cmaryholmes

Activity : 915

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkshirgel 23.03.17 11:24

Great advert for Tracey Kandohla's book!
Yorkshirgel
Yorkshirgel

Activity : 178

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkshirgel 23.03.17 11:36

They spouted off after it was revealed Scotland Yard had been handed an extra £85,000 of taxpayers’ money to continue the Maddie hunt.

When do they start hunting?    The police were given a Remit to ONLY investigate an ABDUCTION.  In other words their hands were tied behind their backs from the start.   So why was a MURDER team sent out to Portugal, and what have they been doing all this time?  £11million is TOO MUCH!  Enough is enough!
Yorkshirgel
Yorkshirgel

Activity : 178

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top