The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Game over?   - Page 4 Mm11

Game over?   - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Game over?   - Page 4 Mm11

Game over?   - Page 4 Regist10

Game over?

Page 4 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game over?   - Page 4 Empty Re: Game over?

Post by Newintown 21.03.14 15:21

mouse wrote:No sitting on the fence for me. 

Sadly, lost faith in SY investigation long ago. Too many unbelievable sightings, too many non-updates/breaking news stories....and for how many years??? Slowly, slowly catch the etc...well, this investigation couldn't get any slower - and I'm sorry but I'm not buying all this crossing off the various suspects to get the real suspects in court. Most of this is just assumed stuff going on behind the scenes (that the pj/sy are really working together, that a false trail is put down to leave MC's in false sense of security) Remember, this is the same outfit who charged an innocent man with learning difficulties (as far as I can see) with murder, and who went down wrongly for several years in prison, no compensation, no apology either I don't think. And with all the recent miscarriages of justice - SY don't really have much of reputation to stand on at the moment. We can all want to believe something is going to happen, and I truly wish it was, but wishing for justice is not going to work. I need to see some positive action. And by that - actually seeing SY coming out and saying in public, not in some news article, that abduction isn't the only explanation they are working on. That and the fact that they could start treating the Mccanns and all their friends as possible suspects who left their children on their own while they went to dine on their hols. Not as they have been, like untouchable saintly people - who must always be protected. 

However, I will be the first to hold my hands up and say  I got it wrong with SY if they do get their correct suspects, as we all hope. I just don't see it at the moment, and only hold out hope for GA and his courage to keep on with his one man fight again the (as I see it) establishment. Praise to his lawyer as well of course.

Red lettering - how many of these stories have been made up by the newspapers to sell more copies.  They seem to be a law unto themselves as to what is printed whether it's true or not.

Blue lettering - None of us know what has been going on in the background, SY are unlikely to advertise to all and sundry whether they have been treating the McCanns and their friends as suspects and the McCanns and their friends are DEFINITELY not going to tell anyone if they've been treated as possible suspects and if they've been subjected to more interviewing.

As to the libel trial with GA being put on hold at the moment, there must be something quite major going on in the background which could affect the trial's outcome, i.e. that there is evidence that Madeleine died in the apartment which would blow the libel trial out of the water. 

Just my humble opinion of course, I could really be barking up the wrong tree, woof, woof!   winkwink

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 21.03.14 15:32

Sadly, lost faith in SY investigation long ago. Too many unbelievable sightings, too many non-updates/breaking news stories....and for how many years??? Slowly, slowly catch the etc...well, this investigation couldn't get any slower - and I'm sorry but I'm not buying all this crossing off the various suspects to get the real suspects in court. Most of this is just assumed stuff going on behind the scenes (that the pj/sy are really working together, that a false trail is put down to leave MC's in false sense of security) Remember, this is the same outfit who charged an innocent man with learning difficulties (as far as I can see) with murder, and who went down wrongly for several years in prison, no compensation, no apology either I don't think. And with all the recent miscarriages of justice - SY don't really have much of reputation to stand on at the moment. We can all want to believe something is going to happen, and I truly wish it was, but wishing for justice is not going to work. I need to see some positive action. And by that - actually seeing SY coming out and saying in public, not in some news article, that abduction isn't the only explanation they are working on. That and the fact that they could start treating the Mccanns and all their friends as possible suspects who left their children on their own while they went to dine on their hols. Not as they have been, like untouchable saintly people - who must always be protected. 

However, I will be the first to hold my hands up and say  I got it wrong with SY if they do get their correct suspects, as we all hope. I just don't see it at the moment, and only hold out hope for GA and his courage to keep on with his one man fight again the (as I see it) establishment. Praise to his lawyer as well of course.

I remain optimistic, but what you say Mouse, needed to be said.  There has been more than enough faffing about and it is ridiculous that the most obvious suspects are having their feelings protected to such an extent that an entire nation has to be hoodwinked!
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 21.03.14 15:36

Cristobell wrote:
I remain optimistic, but what you say Mouse, needed to be said.  There has been more than enough faffing about and it is ridiculous that the most obvious suspects are having their feelings protected to such an extent that an entire nation has to be hoodwinked!

My guess is that this is all supposed to be sorted by the 7th anniversary (of Maddie's disappearance, not the start of the investigation!), so I'm hoping things will get resolved soon, one way or another.  I'm very optimistic that we'll see real justice being served - SY have done too many things that just don't say 'cover-up' to me - but on the other hand, I'll never rule out the possibility of a whitewash.

Also, I suspect Cameron wants this sorted well before the end of his government's term in office. I've wondered today whether Cameron's declaration that he may 'intervene' is supposed to mirror what may eventually come out - that Gordon Brown possibly intervened to force a cover-up. Politically speaking, that's got to be dynamite.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.03.14 16:08

aquila wrote:
Clay, I hope you're wearing a pair of padded shorts. All that sitting on the fence can be really hard on the nether regions, especially the chaffing caused by constantly shifting from one side to the other.  laughat

Believe me, my rectum is spelk city!

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mouse 21.03.14 16:09

Newintown wrote:

Red lettering - how many of these stories have been made up by the newspapers to sell more copies.  They seem to be a law unto themselves as to what is printed whether it's true or not.

Blue lettering - None of us know what has been going on in the background, SY are unlikely to advertise to all and sundry whether they have been treating the McCanns and their friends as suspects and the McCanns and their friends are DEFINITELY not going to tell anyone if they've been treated as possible suspects and if they've been subjected to more interviewing.

As to the libel trial with GA being put on hold at the moment, there must be something quite major going on in the background which could affect the trial's outcome, i.e. that there is evidence that Madeleine died in the apartment which would blow the libel trial out of the water. 

Just my humble opinion of course, I could really be barking up the wrong tree, woof, woof!   winkwink
Thanks for your take on things, but when you say how many of these stories have been made up by newspapers etc - I take your point, but SY do  nothing to stop these stories coming out, thus causing huge confusion. I mean, if SY were so intent on getting their man or woman - wouldn't they stop false stories happening. Surely this could hamper the investigation? And remember it is not only the newspaper stories I was talking about - AR has played a starring role in the CW updates - and this more than anything is one huge confusing mess.

You also say none of us know what has been going on in the background - exactly my point. I like to deal with the facts as I see them, not what I think or hope may be going on. You could equally argue that SY and the PJ had a massive argument the last time SY turned up and were sent home, door slammed behind them, but we don't know that with any certainyy. Though I have to say the digs at each other in the press both here and abroad - do seem to hint that way, but as I say we just don't know.

As for GA's Libel trial - I'm sure something is stalling this, but whether it is Team MC or GA - I don't know. But this trial sure has ruffled some feathers and I don't think they're GA's. I believe, due to the absence of stories concerning this trial, someone, or certain parties wish it would just go away.
mouse

Activity : 397

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.03.14 16:09

whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
Also, I suspect Cameron wants this sorted well before the end of his government's term in office.  I've wondered today whether Cameron's declaration that he may 'intervene' is supposed to mirror what may eventually come out - that Gordon Brown possibly intervened to force a cover-up.  Politically speaking, that's got to be dynamite.

I could understand that being Cameron's motivation, but how would he get SY to play ball? Aren't they supposed to be apolitical?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 21.03.14 16:12

Ok. Are we to believe that a single weird paedo/burglar/whoever is to blame for Madeleine's demise?

Are we to believe that there is nothing untoward happening out there in Portugal with big business/swinging/paedophile Brits?

Pull the other one.

There's no way this level of obfuscation could happen unless there were something to cover up.

Brits abroad! forget the Brits abroad that get pissed and cause embarrassment to us. This is one BIG cover up.

Just my opinion of course. I await to have my phones hacked.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13382

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.03.14 16:18

aquila wrote:
Brits abroad! forget the Brits abroad that get pissed and cause embarrassment to us. This is one BIG cover up.

Oh, I totally agree with THAT. It's just whether Redwood is on the inside looking out, or vice versa, about which I am undecided. As you can see from the responses here, he's left enough on the table to keep the optimists optimistic. I honestly couldn't say at this point which way it is going to shake out.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 21.03.14 16:23

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
aquila wrote:

Oh, I totally agree with THAT. It's just whether Redwood is on the inside looking out, or vice versa, about which I am undecided. As you can see from the responses here, he's left enough on the table to keep the optimists optimistic. I honestly couldn't say at this point which way it is going to shake out.

If I were a McCann and in need of someone to protect me I'd turn to you Clay. You always seem to know the right thing to clip from a post and the right thing to say.

Gawd bless ya.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.03.14 16:30

aquila wrote:If I were a McCann and in need of someone to protect me I'd turn to you Clay. You always seem to know the right thing to clip from a post and the right thing to say.

Gawd bless ya.

OK, I'll admit it. I'm the World's most sophisticated spambot. (Would the World's most sophisticated spambot actually admit as much? Could be an elaborate double bluff, so perhaps it would... but I digress)

Aquila, I love you really you know. I love that you care so much. But if you truly knew me and how massively bemused I am by your suspicion about my motives, well, we'd probably both never stop laughing. But I can live with how it is. Please don't ever change.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 21.03.14 16:35

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
aquila wrote:If I were a McCann and in need of someone to protect me I'd turn to you Clay. You always seem to know the right thing to clip from a post and the right thing to say.

Gawd bless ya.

OK, I'll admit it. I'm the World's most sophisticated spambot. (Would the World's most sophisticated spambot actually admit as much? Could be an elaborate double bluff, so perhaps it would... but I digress)

Aquila, I love you really you know. I love that you care so much. But if you truly knew me and how massively bemused I am by your suspicion about my motives, well, we'd probably both never stop laughing. But I can live with how it is. Please don't ever change.
I wish I were your age again. I'm sure I'd be as arrogant.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 21.03.14 16:39

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
Also, I suspect Cameron wants this sorted well before the end of his government's term in office.  I've wondered today whether Cameron's declaration that he may 'intervene' is supposed to mirror what may eventually come out - that Gordon Brown possibly intervened to force a cover-up.  Politically speaking, that's got to be dynamite.

I could understand that being Cameron's motivation, but how would he get SY to play ball? Aren't they supposed to be apolitical?

Aye, indeed they are supposed to be.  I doubt that's really the case.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.03.14 16:57

Aquila and Clay - peace on Earth and harmony please!

If anyone has any doubts about other members, please refer them to moderators or admin by private message.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 21.03.14 17:01

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Aquila and Clay - peace on Earth and harmony please!

If anyone has any doubts about other members, please refer them to moderators or admin by private message.
Sorry, it's a bit of banter.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 21.03.14 17:04

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
aquila wrote:
Clay, I hope you're wearing a pair of padded shorts. All that sitting on the fence can be really hard on the nether regions, especially the chaffing caused by constantly shifting from one side to the other.  laughat

just what I needed to read when I was eating a sandwich   omg

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 21.03.14 17:05

russiandoll wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:
aquila wrote:

just what I needed to read when I was eating a sandwich   omg
Now that has made me belly laugh RD.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher 21.03.14 17:15

The D. Express today quoting Portuguese newpaper Diario de Noticias:  "All the cases mentioned by the British police were investigated by local police.  Euclides [Monteiro, since deceased] was arrested but freed by a court because of lack of evidence."

CW is now sifting some 250 new pieces of "evidence". 

I am waiting for the suggestion that the evidence of the sniffer dogs now indicates an intruder who caused or witnessed some form of demise in Apt. 5a, and then removed the evidence (the body), leaving the trail that the dogs then found.  That would leave the questions:  who did the cleaning, and the moving of the sofa, and how did the time-line allow all of that to take place without discovery. 

Either way, this is not British justice at its best.  I could weep.
Searcher

Activity : 404

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 21.03.14 17:16

In a media world of no substance other than reality tv who would be better to recruit than the McCanns?

They've already sat on Oprah's sofa (she has failing ratings).

Think about it. The case goes away, Madeleine is declared dead, someone or other is/isn't responsible.

America beckons. America will open up their big arms to welcome the McCanns and sit them on just about any sofa (mostly the sofas of lawyers for the rights to publish/exploit their daughter). The McCanns could quite easily have a lovely life in US. Their twins could go to decent schools and have a life beyond the crap in England and the money will roll in from deals.

Think about it.

How to get rid of a problem and protect those who have been covered up by the UK and Portuguese governments.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.03.14 17:18

aquila wrote:
No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Aquila and Clay - peace on Earth and harmony please!

Yeah, it's fine. I'm sure we'll both survive!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 21.03.14 17:24

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
aquila wrote:

Yeah, it's fine. I'm sure we'll both survive!
I was sucking up to the Mods. I meant what I said.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 21.03.14 17:27

If this is 'game over', would some-one like to suggest how the cadaver odour which developed in the apartment also transferred to the hire car , clothing  and Cuddle cat?
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 21.03.14 17:27

Searcher wrote:
I am waiting for the suggestion that the evidence of the sniffer dogs now indicates an intruder who caused or witnessed some form of demise in Apt. 5a, and then removed the evidence (the body), leaving the trail that the dogs then found.  That would leave the questions:  who did the cleaning, and the moving of the sofa, and how did the time-line allow all of that to take place without discovery. 

Aye, and why exactly did Gerry provide an excuse for the moving of the sofa up against the wall? And how did the body get behind the sofa, when Gerry claimed that it was already in that position?

I think that may be a little too much to explain away.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 21.03.14 17:36

worriedmum wrote:If this is 'game over', would some-one like to suggest how the cadaver odour which developed in the apartment also transferred to the hire car , clothing  and Cuddle cat?

You see, this is why I don't believe in a cover-up.

IF Redwood is trying to explain away the cadaverine detection in 5A with an intruder who killed Maddie, this raises far more questions than it answers. Although, to be honest, it doesn't really answer any questions satisfactorily.

No, if you want a whitewash, cover-up, call it what you like, the most obvious way would be to stick with Tannerman. I see that the McCanns have taken this route, contrary to the pronouncements of Scotland Yard.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow 21.03.14 17:39

worriedmum wrote:If this is 'game over', would some-one like to suggest how the cadaver odour which developed in the apartment also transferred to the hire car , clothing  and Cuddle cat?

IF Redwood is trying to explain away the cadaverine detection in 5A with an intruder who killed Maddie, this raises far more questions than it answers.  Although, to be honest, it doesn't really answer any questions satisfactorily.

No, if you want a whitewash, cover-up, call it what you like, the most obvious way would be to stick with Tannerman.  I see that the McCanns have taken this route, contrary to the pronouncements of Scotland Yard.

Either way doesn't answer the dogs.
If a cover up is on the cards the dogs must be driving them nuts.
notlongnow

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 21.03.14 17:43

IF Redwood is trying to explain away the cadaverine detection in 5A with an intruder who killed Maddie, this raises far more questions than it answers.  Although, to be honest, it doesn't really answer any questions satisfactorily.

No, if you want a whitewash, cover-up, call it what you like, the most obvious way would be to stick with Tannerman.  I see that the McCanns have taken this route, contrary to the pronouncements of Scotland Yard.
And for what reason would a dead child be 'abducted'?

If the argument is to be that this is a serial attacker, could someone with professional knowledge explain if it usual for perpetrators to escalate into murder/ abduction , then return to sitting on beds and mumbling? I am not trying to belittle the ordeal of the child victims in this,I would like to add.
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top