The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March - Page 28 Mm11

CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March - Page 28 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March - Page 28 Mm11

CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March - Page 28 Regist10

CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March

Page 28 of 36 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March - Page 28 Empty Re: CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March

Post by donkeydoodah 21.03.14 12:39

Talking of odours, it's easy to prove that Smellyman didn't take her

You can always tell when someone smelly has been in your room - the pong lasts for ages

The stink would have been picked up during one of the checks, or when K raised the alarm
donkeydoodah

Activity : 11

Back to top Go down

CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March - Page 28 Empty Re: CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March

Post by Guest 21.03.14 12:40

donkeydoodah wrote:Talking of odours, it's easy to disprove that Smellyman didn't take her

You can always tell when someone smelly has been in your room - the pong lasts for ages

The stink would have been picked up during one of the checks, or when K raised the alarm

And MO was asked specifically if he smelled anything strange....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.03.14 12:42

dantezebu wrote: [...]

Now that you mention .... Strange question that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 21.03.14 12:54

Poor Claudia Lawrence - to me it appeared her sad story was quite simply hijacked.

These were my exact same feelings when I heard about the new leads in the Claudia Lawrence case. Kate McCann muscled in on a memorial service in York as I recall, even though she has no connection with York. There is a world of difference between an adult going missing when out and about their daily life, and an infant being put to bed and disappearing, but that didn't stop the McCanns.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 21.03.14 12:55

Newintown wrote:
russiandoll wrote:from the Mirror, November 2013

Junkie and ex-jailbird Euclides Monteiro was sacked by the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz, Portugal, the year before the blonde three-year-old ­disappeared on May 3, 2007.
Yesterday, as the first picture of the 6ft 2in ex-waiter emerged, detectives were investigating the possibility that he kidnapped Madeleine after being disturbed as he broke into her ­family’s ­apartment.
Menteiro, known as Toni, died aged 40 in a tractor accident four years ago.
But phone records have placed him near the flats at the time she vanished. It is believed he may have been raiding guests’ rooms to feed his heroin habit.
His picture looks nothing like two e-fit images issued by Scotland Yard – but police stress they are still exploring every line of inquiry. 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/madeleine-mccann-prime-suspect-pictured-2674021#ixzz2wb7hSgWh
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

I did not hear AR say that Stinkyman was described as being tall. Just with a a strange voice and smell, and a pot- belly.

ETA : having seen the photos of Monteiro on these pages this morning,  have the police not shown a photo of Monteiro to the children /families and simply asked

DID THE MAN LOOK LIKE THIS ?

The description sounds more like a drunk tourist to me who lost his way back home and couldn't tell one villa from another, although how it got into a strange villa in the dark without falling over anything and making a noise or walking into the wrong room (a broom cupboard for instance instead of a bedroom - happened to me once in a pub when I walked into a broom cupboard instead of the loos, much to the amusement of all my friends) is beyond me, or AR I should imagine.

Did he just flop onto the nearest bed and he was too drunk to realise he was in the wrong place..  Maybe the dustcarts woke him up early, realised what he had done and hot footed it out of the villa before anyone screamed blue murder.   big grin

Don't worry Newintown.  It can happen to the best of us. Here is Gordon Brown on another of his ill-fated diplomatic missions. Pick up the action at 32.00.

Bet he wished he was back in that broom cupboard when he heard what Goncalo had to say this week. Better a brush with a broom than a brush with the truth.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 21.03.14 13:00

I am confused with all this
I thought tractorman was also someone who worked at the ocean club but was dismissed?
So he committed all these crimes yet they kept him working at a family resort and sacked him for petty theft? Is that right?
noddy100

Activity : 760

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow 21.03.14 13:01

Châtelaine wrote:

Guessing it was to see if he had smelt choloroform
notlongnow

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.03.14 13:01

dantezebu wrote:
donkeydoodah wrote:Talking of odours, it's easy to disprove that Smellyman didn't take her

And it seems Smellyman broke with his usual habit of either sitting on or getting into bed too, didn't he, since the bed clothes showed no sign or indeed, bore no smell of him...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 21.03.14 13:03

Châtelaine wrote:

I've always thought that question may have been related to sedation, as none of the children awoke and cried. What substance could an abductor use to sedate them? It can't have been administered orally or by IV without disturbing them. The only thing left would be chloroform and that would leave a lingering pungent odour and be very noticeable to anyone entering the room. I can't think of another method an abductor could use to sedate three children but maybe I'm wrong..
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 21.03.14 13:07

Miraflores wrote:
Poor Claudia Lawrence - to me it appeared her sad story was quite simply hijacked.

These were my exact same feelings when I heard about the new leads in the Claudia Lawrence case. Kate McCann muscled in on a memorial service in York as I recall, even though she has no connection with York. There is a world of difference between an adult going missing when out and about their daily life, and an infant being put to bed and disappearing, but that didn't stop the McCanns.

My heart dropped into my stomach when I read on this forum that MM was again going to be mentioned on the CW when I thought it was going to focus on Claudia Lawrence.  I really felt for her poor parents being muscled once again to the side lines by the McCanns.

The only reason I can think of is that the McCann case is coming to a head and it is now urgent to get the loose ends tied up and in the public domain and could not be overshadowed by Claudia's appeal if Madeleine was put in half way through the programme when people went off to make a cup of tea groaning "oh, God, not the McCanns again!!!".

See, I've still got my optimist's hat on.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 21.03.14 13:12

aquila wrote:Does anyone still believe this SY/UK government/Portuguese government charade/panto has anything to do with finding justice for a little girl called Madeleine McCann?

No, it never had.

It has always been about good old Britain against that 3rd world country Portugal.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 21.03.14 13:15

I've believed since the start of the investigation that SY were waiting for the libel trial to finish. I now think that they've gotten utterly fed up of waiting, have seen that Amaral has broken his silence, and have decided to push forward with the end game.

One wonders why Amaral mentioned that SY believed that Maddie was dead before leaving the apartment - this was before the Guardian interview. Methinks that possibly big things have going on behind the scenes, and it has spurred Amaral, Scotland Yard, and the PJ all into action.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow 21.03.14 13:17

whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:I've believed since the start of the investigation that SY were waiting for the libel trial to finish.  I now think that they've gotten utterly fed up of waiting, have seen that Amaral has broken his silence, and have decided to push forward with the end game.

One wonders why Amaral mentioned that SY believed that Maddie was dead before leaving the apartment - this was before the Guardian interview.  Methinks that possibly big things have going on behind the scenes, and it has spurred Amaral, Scotland Yard, and the PJ all into action.

Yes i was surprised to read that.
notlongnow

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 21.03.14 13:18

Daily mail now saying the 3 burglars are still prime suspects Its a real mess all this cross reporting
noddy100

Activity : 760

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 21.03.14 13:42

The feeling I get from reading these latest revelations in the press is that things are coming together nicely!

Clever man AR, he has hinted that he and his Portuguese counterparts are not working too closely together ( by this I mean his words on, 'don't assume that if you have reported things to the PJ we will necessarily know then too')  when I bet in reality they are working very closely together to reach the same end.

We have Tannerman now eliminated.
We have Tractorman now aligned with the child molester/ burglar ( killing three birds with one stone) and are in the process of eliminating him as seen by the reports today from the PJ that he was investigated and there was no evidence linking him to Madeleine's abduction.

Options are running out.  

You have to see things from AR perspective. The McCann's have already taken one leading detective to court for not coming up with the right answer, also it can't help things for AR when the McCann's have friends in high places, he must tread carefully.

Activity : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 21.03.14 13:44

noddy100 wrote:Daily mail now saying the 3 burglars are still prime suspects Its a real mess all this cross reporting
"Confusion is good", noddy,  winkwink
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 21.03.14 13:48

The Daily Mail is reporting that Monteiro was questioned in relation to these assaults, presumably because he was stealing from apartments at around the same time, but there was no evidence against him. So, clearly, Redwood is still trying to discover who was responsible for the assaults. Once he knows this, presumably, he will ask the Smith family whether this offender resembles the man they saw in PdL on 3 May.

Thanks to Nereid for listing where the 5 actual assaults (as opposed to the other 7 cases where presumably someone was seen wandering around apartments, talking to children, sitting on beds) took place. I notice none of the assaults took place actually in PdL but at places at least 15 miles away. It's possible that all 12 cases may not be the same person. If Redwood finds out additional information he will then be able to eliminate this offender from his list of suspects in relation to the MM case.

So, still a long way to go I think.

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 21.03.14 13:55

Hicks wrote:The feeling I get from reading these latest revelations in the press is that things are coming together nicely!

Clever man AR, he has hinted that he and his Portuguese counterparts are not working too closely together ( by this I mean his words on, 'don't assume that if you have reported things to the PJ we will necessarily know then too')  when I bet in reality they are working very closely together to reach the same end.

We have Tractorman now aligned with the child molester/ burglar ( killing three birds with one stone) and are in the process of eliminating him as seen by the reports today from the PJ that he was investigated and there was no evidence linking him to Madeleine's abduction.

Options are running out.  

You have to see things from AR perspective. The McCann's have already taken one leading detective to court for not coming up with the right answer, also it can't help things for AR when the McCann's have friends in high places, he must tread carefully.

Shouldn't that read - for coming up with the right answer?
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 21.03.14 13:58

Mirage wrote:
Hicks wrote:The feeling I get from reading these latest revelations in the press is that things are coming together nicely!

Options are running out.  

Shouldn't that read - for coming up with the right answer?
The right answer ....according to the McCann's!
Hicks
Hicks

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut 21.03.14 17:23

Quick question: Didn't Redwood intimate that any suspect could be eliminated, presumably via DNA? Therefore, if the culprit is the man from Cape Verde who has had dealings with the Portuguese justice system, wouldn't they be able to very quickly check if it was him?
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Activity : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow 21.03.14 17:40

TheTruthWillOut wrote:Quick question: Didn't Redwood intimate that any suspect could be eliminated, presumably via DNA? Therefore, if the culprit is the man from Cape Verde who has had dealings with the Portuguese justice system, wouldn't they be able to very quickly check if it was him?
yes,that's how it sounded to me.
notlongnow

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web 21.03.14 18:08

notlongnow wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:Quick question: Didn't Redwood intimate that any suspect could be eliminated, presumably via DNA? Therefore, if the culprit is the man from Cape Verde who has had dealings with the Portuguese justice system, wouldn't they be able to very quickly check if it was him?

I thought they didn't manage to retrieve any DNA as the apartment was forensically cleaned???
Tangled Web

Activity : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 21.03.14 18:31

Tangled Web wrote:
notlongnow wrote:

I thought they didn't manage to retrieve any DNA as the apartment was forensically cleaned???
That's what I thought. There was no DNA recovered only a semen stain that morphed into a saliva stain. I seem to remember something about a bloody footprint as well.
Hicks
Hicks

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web 21.03.14 18:38

Hicks wrote:
Tangled Web wrote:
notlongnow wrote:

That's what I thought. There was no DNA recovered only a semen stain that morphed into a saliva stain. I seem to remember something about a bloody footprint as well.

So how can anybody be eliminated???
Tangled Web

Activity : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 21.03.14 18:53

Tangled Web wrote:
Hicks wrote:
Tangled Web wrote:
notlongnow wrote:

So how can anybody be eliminated???
If he can prove e.g. that he was:

* on a world cruise, somewhere between Malaysia and Diego Garcia, on 3 May 2007

* in Odemira Prison, Portugal (or any other prison) on 3 May 2007

* in Lisbon Psychiatric Hospital, secure ward (or any other hospital), on 3 May 2007

or having some similar watertight alibi

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 36 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top