The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March - Page 26 Mm11

CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March - Page 26 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March - Page 26 Mm11

CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March - Page 26 Regist10

CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March

Page 26 of 36 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March - Page 26 Empty Re: CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March

Post by Mirage 21.03.14 9:35

Anyone for a sing-a-long-a-quacks?

Home home on the Grange
Where the clear has now gone opaque,
Where seldom is heard a discernible word
And the story gets clouded each day.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March - Page 26 Empty Re: CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March

Post by HelenMeg 21.03.14 9:35

noddy100 wrote:
Doug D wrote:Recapping on the Guardian reports, for which there has been no retraction, apology or denial as far as I can see:

The Guardian, Wednesday 19 March 2014 18.13 GMT
Sandra Laville

Madeleine McCann: a breakthrough that could be devastating
Identifying a series of attacks has proved the key to similar cases. But it could mean an end to hopes that Madeleine is alive

‘…………. Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood admitted that what they have uncovered means Madeleine might not have left the apartment alive’.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/mar/19/madeleine-mccann-breakthrough-attacks-family

21.03 James Meikle

‘Redwood said the assumption that Madeleine had been alive when she left the apartment" may not follow with all our thinking" on the case’.

So if even the possibility that ‘Madeleine might not have left the apartment alive’ is now being entertained by Redwood, has he not effectively accepted that this does completely for all the T9 checking stories, by pushing a death timeline back to before 8.30 (10.00 less 90 minutes needed for cadaver odour to develop) which is of course about the time the Mc’s left 5a?
I don't think in their eyes it does move the timeline back as they aren't using the cadaver odour as a fact 
I think they are just saying he killed her and carried her away as a possibility as there is no reference to the dogs or DNA etc
If there was then we would be home and dry
Hi to anyone who may be interested, please take a look at Textusa's blog today for her comments regarding the CW update - quite relevant
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 21.03.14 9:36

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
dantezebu wrote:

He is a certainly a mysterious character.
Does anyone know what DP did before medical school?
He qualified in 1994, which by my calculations made him 28 at the time ( he was 41 in 2007). About 4-5 years later than if he had gone directly after school.

I know it might appear from the text that he was referring to Payne here, but I don't think he was the "mysterious character". We know who he is, for a start! I think Payne's alleged predelictions (which I'm not convinced of myself, BTW) was more meant to be indicative of the kind of circles they moved in.

Nipple circles?
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.03.14 9:37

dantezebu wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:
dantezebu wrote:

He qualified in 1994, which by my calculations made him 28 at the time ( he was 41 in 2007). About 4-5 years later than if he had gone directly after school.

I know it might appear from the text that he was referring to Payne here, but I don't think he was the "mysterious character". We know who he is, for a start! I think Payne's alleged predelictions (which I'm not convinced of myself, BTW) was more meant to be indicative of the kind of circles they moved in.

I was assuming it was DP because he also recently described him  as a very "enigmatic character"

I've just read it back and I agree, it does read it as if he's talking about Payne - but then Payne doesn't fit with the idea of a massive cover up. What's so special about Payne that the whole thing couldn't have been landed at his feet back in 2007?

I wonder if Yvonne Martin has remembered where she recognised him from yet?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 21.03.14 9:48

HelenMeg wrote:Christobell
Were our celebratory drinks yesterday in vain or overly optimistic?
Well you know full well what I think!  sad

The Home Office are still calling the shots, just as they always have in this case.   I sense the Met are getting jittery, and their actions smack of dirty tactics and desperation (imho).
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by annysmithgold 21.03.14 9:50

russiandoll wrote:with thanks to [email=Johanna@unterdenteppichgekehrt]Johanna@unterdenteppichgekehrt[/email] blog

Britain's Finest

http://www.tvi24.iol.pt/videos/video/14109980/1

Scotland Yard speaks of new data that has been collected by the English investigation. But the Judiciary Police has another version.

The thesis that points towards a suspect of alleged sexual attacks against British children in the Algarve is nothing but the investigation line that was defined by the PJ team in Oporto, which reviewed the entire process.

A source at the Judiciary Police asserts that this was the line that was the basis for the reopening of the inquiry, in October last year.

This means that what has just been announced in England is part of the Portuguese process, which is under judicial secrecy. A secret that had been well kept until now and that was breached, which may weaken the trust between both police forces.

This information was given by the PJ itself to the British police and to the McCann couple, during a meeting at the Judiciary Police’s National Directory, in Lisbon.

There is an agreement between both police forces: they regularly meet in Portugal. They exchange information about the development of the investigations into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

The PJ has always kept silent about what happens during these meetings that take place behind closed doors. A stance that is being kept: Officially, the National Directory does not comment Scotland Yard’s statement.

Thank you Astro for the translation

So it could be TM leaking all this info, or have I not understood this properly
annysmithgold
annysmithgold

Activity : 52
Location : chilling in the sun, by the pool, in a lovely place

Back to top Go down

Post by annysmithgold 21.03.14 9:53

Sorry RD, still not a proficient poster, will try and separate quotes better.
annysmithgold
annysmithgold

Activity : 52
Location : chilling in the sun, by the pool, in a lovely place

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.03.14 10:02

Mirage... spit coffee 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 21.03.14 10:02

annysmithgold wrote:
russiandoll wrote:with thanks to [email=Johanna@unterdenteppichgekehrt]Johanna@unterdenteppichgekehrt[/email] blog

Britain's Finest

http://www.tvi24.iol.pt/videos/video/14109980/1

Scotland Yard speaks of new data that has been collected by the English investigation. But the Judiciary Police has another version.

The thesis that points towards a suspect of alleged sexual attacks against British children in the Algarve is nothing but the investigation line that was defined by the PJ team in Oporto, which reviewed the entire process.

A source at the Judiciary Police asserts that this was the line that was the basis for the reopening of the inquiry, in October last year.

This means that what has just been announced in England is part of the Portuguese process, which is under judicial secrecy. A secret that had been well kept until now and that was breached, which may weaken the trust between both police forces.

There is an agreement between both police forces: they regularly meet in Portugal. They exchange information about the development of the investigations into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

The PJ has always kept silent about what happens during these meetings that take place behind closed doors. A stance that is being kept: Officially, the National Directory does not comment Scotland Yard’s statement.
This information was given by the PJ itself to the British police and to the McCann couple, during a meeting at the Judiciary Police’s National Directory, in Lisbon.

Thank you Astro for the translation

So it could be TM leaking all this info, or have I not understood this properly
whats this about???? why are they keeping the mccanns up to date
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 21.03.14 10:07

re  "  whats this about???? why are they keeping the mccanns up to date? "

My guess is that both forces have agreed that sadly their daughter is almost certainly deceased and this was their update late last year.

Since October, have the Met shown the age progressed picture afaik in any statements/appeals for info?

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 21.03.14 10:12

russiandoll wrote:re  "  whats this about???? why are they keeping the mccanns up to date? "

My guess is that both forces have agreed that sadly their daughter is almost certainly deceased and this was their update late last year.

Since October, have the Met shown the age progressed picture afaik in any statements/appeals for info?

thanks for the explanation RD,for a moment I thought the mccanns were still running the show.
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.03.14 10:14

russiandoll wrote:My guess is that both forces have agreed that sadly their daughter is almost certainly deceased and this was their update late last year.

That is a very good point, russiandoll. And the obvious lack of the McCanns in the CW studio this time would appear to be a strong indicator that the emphasis has certainly shifted.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 21.03.14 10:27

Mirage wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:
dantezebu wrote:

Nipple circles?
 laughat
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 21.03.14 10:32

Not an explanation, but a guess, because of AR's words in the Guardian re possibility of a deceased Maddie being removed from 5a.

He surely would not have uttered those words at a press conference without having told the McCanns of his doubts re Maddie being alive?

Hit them with that kind of bombshell?

I have not heard any reference to an alive Maddie from Redwood for a long time.

I have not in a long time heard the word abduction from him and on CW it was not used by any of the presenters iirc.[ only ref being to one reading of the case having hallmarks of a pre planned abduction]

I do not recall any of the October CW shows showing an age- progressed girl.

btw, I dislike  the idea of police playing games,  but many months ago I posted about chess. Will try to find the post. Without much doubt SY appear to be in game-playing mode, certainly imo deliberately muddying the waters.

Here are some notes re chess psychology.

It is about short-term and long-term strategies and how to manipulate your opponent.

It is very important to learn to weigh up objectively (or assess intuitively) the totality of the competitive and psychological factors. -  Mark Dvoretsky

Emotional instability can be one of the factors giving rise to a failure by chess players in important duels. Under the influence of surging emotions (and not necessarily negative ones) we sometimes lose concentration and stop objectively evaluating the events that are taking place on the board.  -  Mark Dvoretsky

You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.  -  Mikhail Tal

I believe most definitely that one must not only grapple with the problems on the board, one must also make every effort to combat the thoughts and will of the opponent.  -  Mikhail Tal

Naturally, the psychological susceptibility of a match participant is significantly higher than a participant in a tournament, since each game substantially changes the over-all position.  -  Mikhail Tal

… on the right occasion a bold choice of opening can unnerve even the most steely opponent.  -  Neil McDonald

If your opponent offers you a draw, try to work out why he thinks he's worse off.  -  Nigel Short

There is no doubt that Bronstein's shrewd understanding of chess psychology was crucial to his success. Without it, his impetuous style and technical flaws might have relegated him to a minor career.  -  Pal Benko

Sometimes players need to gain time on the clock by repeating the position, but most often its purpose is to wear down the opponent psychologically.  -  Pal Benko

I had a slightly inferior endgame that probably should have been drawn, but Kortchnoi kept torturing me with little threats until finally, exhausted and exasperated, I made a losing mistake.  -  Pal Benko

There is nothing wrong with trying to exploit the natural human tendency to become impatient when forced to play a boring position. -  Pal Benko

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 21.03.14 10:39

Pondering timings here. If I've got this right, the following:

1 Goncalo Amaral gives interview.
2 The CW update unexpectedly scheduled in.
3  Reports of around 250 calls and texts come in.
4 Portugal counters MET criticisms about the sexual predator.
5 A R's  Guardian article altered
6 Cameron offers help

I'm interested in Bishop Brennan's idea of floating exit strategies. This ties in. Notice we are a world away from three burglars ringing each other, mobile phone records, arrests imminent and (most recently) Hogan-we-have-names-Howe.

Then we had the ILORs not acted on/ lost in the Portuguese system. Oh dear, the Portuguese are up to their old games again and the MET ( they of the smart suit / photo shoot) are being held up in their bid to interview the 3 burglars and crack the case wide open. Fault of the Portuguese, naturally.

Ol Cameron probably got on the blower to Andy (who has broken out in uncharacteristic smiling on air - a worrying sign ol' Cameron clocked) Anyway, he got on the blower and Andy gave the low-down on the straw poll phone responses. And the news was not what the PM had hoped to hear. Let us just say, sotto voce to spare old Andy's blushes, that the tenor of the messages left were a little too realistic for tender ears. Andy may even have put it in standard MET terms to the PM ' I said they wouldn't wear it'.

So old Cameron did what he does best. He gave the matter due thought and consideration a knee-jerk reaction.

The rest is history - an unedifying sight of several farts trying to get out of the same colander.

No wonder CM made a guest appearance on the BBC to throw stardust high into the air - just like you get at all the best pantomimes while the characters rush around the stage and assume a different stance.
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 21.03.14 10:41

I wrote (9.26):

So if even the possibility that ‘Madeleine might not have left the apartment alive’ is now being entertained by Redwood, has he not effectively accepted that this does completely for all the T9 checking stories, by pushing a death timeline back to before 8.30 (10.00 less 90 minutes needed for cadaver odour to develop) which is of course about the time the Mc’s left 5a?

Noddy100 (9.29):

I don't think in their eyes it does move the timeline back as they aren't using the cadaver odour as a fact 
I think they are just saying he killed her and carried her away as a possibility as there is no reference to the dogs or DNA etc

But is Redwood not backing himself further & further into the corner, even if he has not realized it himself yet?
The evidence from the dogs is out there, even if he he chooses not to acknowledge or use it at this time.
The possible death of M. in the apartment has now been acknowledged, which has to be before the 10.00 ‘abduction’ call, so it has surely now got to be only a matter of time before the next chapter, when the 90 minute cadaver lead-time comes into play, blowing all of the TM stories out of the water.
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 21.03.14 10:42

CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March - Page 26 O-EUCLIDES-LOPES-MONTEIRO-570

Doesn`t look pot bellied to me.

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by CynicAl 21.03.14 10:46

Woofer wrote:CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March - Page 26 O-EUCLIDES-LOPES-MONTEIRO-570

doesn't look tanned either.
CynicAl

Activity : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.03.14 10:47

Woofer wrote:CRIMEWATCH Update on MadeleineMcCann case tonight 19th March - Page 26 O-EUCLIDES-LOPES-MONTEIRO-570

To be fair, he is tanned though. You know how tanned the ace of spades is? That's how tanned he is.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 21.03.14 10:47

@Mirage. Your posts make my day - everyday.

@PeterMac. You alluded to the fact that surely Scotland Yard/Redwood might fear whistleblowers. I can't find the post but I'd like to give my tuppenceworth on it. Whistleblowing really does depend on what you've had to sign in terms of confidentiality doesn't it?

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13380

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 21.03.14 10:48

Doug D wrote:I wrote (9.26):

Noddy100 (9.29):

But is Redwood not backing himself further & further into the corner, even if he has not realized it himself yet?
The evidence from the dogs is out there, even if he he chooses not to acknowledge or use it at this time.
The possible death of M. in the apartment has now been acknowledged, which has to be before the 10.00 ‘abduction’ call, so it has surely now got to be only a matter of time before the next chapter, when the 90 minute cadaver lead-time comes into play, blowing all of the TM stories out of the water.

I (and others) have posted about this 90 minute lead-time before. It would be rather unwise to use that as an absolute limit. What about 89 minutes? 88? 87? If cadaverine is undetectable at 89 minutes, how come it is detectable at 90 minutes?

This 90 minute thing is being used as absolute fact, when it is not absolute fact :) Black-and-white = bad.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 21.03.14 10:50

aquila wrote:@Mirage. Your posts make my day - everyday.

@PeterMac. You alluded to the fact that surely Scotland Yard/Redwood might fear whistleblowers. I can't find the post but I'd like to give my tuppenceworth on it. Whistleblowing really does depend on what you've had to sign in terms of confidentiality doesn't it?

Aw thanks aquila.  airkiss 
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.03.14 10:55

Clay Regazzoni wrote:

To be fair, he is tanned though. You know how tanned the ace of spades is? That's how tanned he is.

This man was VERY definitely not 'tanned'. He was black. Tanned people are fairer skinned people who have been tanned by the sun or sunbeds or skin colourants. Black people do not describe themselves as tanned any more than white people would describe themselves as pink.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 21.03.14 10:58

MILLIE wrote:
This man was VERY definitely not 'tanned'. He was black. Tanned people are fairer skinned people who have been tanned by the sun or sunbeds or skin colourants. Black people do not describe themselves as tanned any more than white people would describe themselves as pink.

DCI Redwood has been telling the public black is white all along, so why stop now.
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 21.03.14 11:05

Polite request to please remove large images from quotes when posting replies :)
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 36 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top