The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Clarence - Page 2 Mm11

Clarence - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Clarence - Page 2 Mm11

Clarence - Page 2 Regist10

Clarence

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Clarence - Page 2 Empty Re: Clarence

Post by Guest 24.06.13 9:15

A link to the first part of a very interesting report on Robert Murat.

www.madeleinefoundation.org.uk/Muratpt1.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 24.06.13 11:54

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:A link to the first part of a very interesting report on Robert Murat.

www.madeleinefoundation.org.uk/Muratpt1.html

I clicked on the link and it told me it contained a virus. Anyone else get this warning?
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.06.13 11:56

No problem for me Sally.

How about the home page of the website?

www.madeleinefoundation.org.uk
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 24.06.13 14:40

Another interesting observation is, Clarence Mitchell's Twitter. He posted regularly, without fail, until the 17th May, when someone asked:

Mike Love ‏@mikelovesmash  15 May  
Theresa May tells the Police Conference: "I want you to catch criminals and cut crime, how you do it is up to you." Excellent  cue #genehunt

Clarence Mitchell ‏@mitch_1uk  17 May  
1/2 Kate and Gerry McCann continue to be very pleased with, and encouraged by, the work of Scotland Yard and Operation Grange.

2/2 Beyond that, they simply will not comment on what are operational police matters.

Since the 17th of May, Mitchell has only tweeted 3 times, on 21 May, 29 May and 21 June.

How strange!!
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 24.06.13 14:48

sallypelt wrote:Another interesting observation is, Clarence Mitchell's Twitter. He posted regularly, without fail, until the 17th May, when someone asked:

Mike Love ‏@mikelovesmash  15 May  
Theresa May tells the Police Conference: "I want you to catch criminals and cut crime, how you do it is up to you." Excellent  cue #genehunt

1/2 Kate and Gerry McCann continue to be very pleased with, and encouraged by, the work of Scotland Yard and Operation Grange.

2/2 Beyond that, they simply will not comment on what are operational police matters.

Since the 17th of May, Mitchell has only tweeted 3 times, on 21 May, 29 May and 21 June.

How strange!!

A coincidence that the PottingShedder mentioned on his/her blog that the spam stopped on that day (21 June).

Everything seems to have been put on lockdown, newspaper reporting (not over the weekend anything printed on the McCanns), McCanns gone quiet, Mitchell now been abducted.  It seems as if a blackout has been put on (by a Court injunction?)

All very intriguing.

ETA: I forgot to ask Sallypelt what did Mitchell tweet on 21 June, I'm not on Twitter. Thanks.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Clarence - Page 2 Empty Clarence

Post by marconi 24.06.13 15:17

If robert murat is involved in the case, why did 3 Tapas recognize him? I would expect them to protect him like they were protecting themselves and the McCanns.
Pointing him as a potential perpetrator, and if he was Tapas 10, it would mean a terrible risk to Tapas 9.

Perhaps there are inconsistences in his statements but it does not mean he was involved.Some people are not able to repeat the same  story without changing it.
My husband was like that.
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Post by cockerspaniel 24.06.13 18:21

(asking v politely) marconi / sally... do you have a reasonable explanation for the following then please?

It seems to me that the whole thing could be cleared up with the answer to one simple question, what did Robert Murat mean when he said

"“Basically, I’m just an ordinary, straightforward guy who’s the victim
of the biggest f___-up on this planet - if you’ll excuse the language"

Taken from the madelinefoundation website

Why call yourself the victim of the biggest ef up on this planet if your innocent and you have no REAL knowledge of a situation to which you could become victim?

What exactly is "the biggest ef up on this planet" solely in regards to this case of course ? and does he have the answer?
cockerspaniel
cockerspaniel

Activity : 227

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 24.06.13 18:28

cockerspaniel wrote:(asking v politely) marconi / sally... do you have a reasonable explanation for the following then please?

It seems to me that the whole thing could be cleared up with the answer to one simple question, what did Robert Murat mean when he said

Why call yourself the victim of the biggest ef up on this planet if your innocent and you have no REAL knowledge of a situation to which you could become victim?

What exactly is "the biggest ef up on this planet" solely in regards to this case of course ? and does he have the answer?

I've never been able to work out what he meant by that comment, and I also recall him saying that there was a lot more to come out (which never happened.
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by lufc50337 24.06.13 18:46

tasprin wrote:
cockerspaniel wrote:(asking v politely) marconi / sally... do you have a reasonable explanation for the following then please?

I've never been able to work out what he meant by that comment, and I also recall him saying that there was a lot more to come out (which never happened.
Always intrigued me too.  It's like nobody dare be the first one to take their finger out of the dam.  A lot of innuendoes but nothing concrete
lufc50337

Activity : 330

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 24.06.13 20:28

Finn wrote:According to Kate it was CM who put himself forward for the job. But I found it strange that from the very start the parents of a missing child would need (and paid for) a media monitoring service. Surely searching for Madeleine is a lot more important than searching through words?

Perusing some 'old' material I came across this interesting article which imo shows clearly how the spin was deployed. What needed to be pushed off the front pages at the time were the rogatory interviews/refusal to do the reconstruction/non-participation of the McCanns in the rogatories. The 'Amber Alert' campaign is used as well as a fitting excuse.
Here we have Mitchell spinning for all he's worth and taking it all personally..

Portuguese police accuse McCanns' spokesman Clarence Mitchell of 'lying through his teeth' Daily Mail (Updated version from report yesterday) 

By VANESSA ALLEN
Last updated at 12:16pm on 15th April 2008

The hunt for Madeleine McCann was engulfed in a war of words yesterday as Portuguese police criticised her parents' spokesman.

Detectives denied Clarence Mitchell's claims that police had deliberately leaked statements from Kate and Gerry McCann and said they regretted his 'baseless intervention'.

In an astonishing attack today Portuguese police union chief Carlos Anjos told respected Portuguese daily Jornal de Noticias: "Mr Mitchell wants to discredit the Policia Judiciaria and invent excuses so the McCanns do not come to Portugal to participate in the reconstruction of the night she disappeared.

"He lies with as many teeth as he has in his mouth.

"Finally we know what side truth is on.

"While the Policia Judiciaria were fulfilling their duty of investigating what happened to Madeleine, her parents' spokesman was manipulating public opinion."

The outspoken head of Portugal's Police Federation, who has previously claimed his force has better things to do than look for Madeleine McCann, added: "The person who hatched a plan was Clarence Mitchell.

"He needed to find an excuse for the McCanns not to take part in the reconstitution, saying that he doesn't trust the Policia Judiciaria."

In an extraordinary turn of events, Anjos told Jornal de Noticias his union was offering advice to officers who felt they had been identified by Mr Mitchell's leak claims and wanted to take legal action.

Yesterday, in a rare public statement - only the fifth in the 11-month investigation - the Policia Judiciaria said Mr Mitchell should not have spoken out, because the police operation had reached a 'significant' stage.

But last night Mr Mitchell insisted he stands by his claims that the statements were 'shamelessly' leaked to overshadow the McCanns' high-profile visit to the European Parliament to promote a missing child alert campaign last week.

Coverage of the visit was dominated by the revelations that on the morning of May 3, just hours before she disappeared from the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz, Madeleine asked her mother: "Mummy, why didn't you come when we were crying last night?"

Mr Mitchell said: "I'm not retracting a word of what I said. The Portuguese police have yet to explain how these statements came to be leaked.

"Their criticism of me doesn't explain how that confidential material came to be made public, and with very curious timing."

He warned police last week that 'the gloves were off' following the leaking of the couple's police statements, and branded the leak 'brazen, shameless and cackhanded'.

Detectives hit back yesterday after a meeting between the head of the investigation, Paulo Rebelo, and public prosecutor Jose Cunha Magalhaes e Menezes.

In a statement posted on the force's website, a spokesman said: "The spokesman for the couple, Clarence Mitchell, publicly expressed the view to diverse media outlets, that he was certain the Policia Judiciaria was responsible for the leaks.

"The PJ want to make it clear that it is entirely false that this report included material from the inquiry, which is covered by the secrecy of justice.

"The PJ regrets the baseless intervention of the spokesman, above all at a moment when significant moves were being made in the investigation."

The police refused to reveal what was meant by 'significant moves'.

There has been speculation that the named suspects in the case, the McCanns and British expatriate Robert Murat, could be cleared soon. They have always denied any involvement in Madeleine's disappearance.

Mr Mitchell said: "We had hoped the meeting (between Mr Rebelo and the prosecutor) would result in something positive, not in them trying to blame me.

"I don't want to get into a row with them. None of this helps to find Madeleine. We just want them to concentrate on that."

Since the disappearance of Madeleine - who would now be four - the police have refused to comment on their investigation on an almost daily basis.

Police in Portugal supposedly operate under strict secrecy laws which ban officers, witnesses or suspects from speaking about ongoing investigations.

But in practice the laws have meant there have been a series of anonymous leaks and wild allegations from inside the police operation.

The McCanns' wealthy benefactor Brian Kennedy hired Mr Mitchell in September, in part to counter the anti-McCann smears circulating in Portugal.

The 46-year-old former BBC correspondent was initially sent to Portugal by the Foreign Office in May, to help the couple deal with the intense media interest in their daughter's disappearance.

He forged a close bond with the McCanns, both doctors from Rothley, Leicestershire, and quit his job with the Government's media monitoring unit to become their full-time spokesman, on a reported £75,000-a-year salary.

Meanwhile, Portuguese police have yet to make any official comment about the outcome of last week's interviews with the 'Tapas Seven', the friends who dined with the McCanns on the night Madeleine vanished.

unquote

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 24.06.13 21:04

Châtelaine wrote:There can be many reasons for people to be economical with the truth. And it's sometimes trying to hide something which has no direct relation with the subject case, but on the other hand is not always completely unrelated either. To give you an example [hypothetical]: a lot of people in stressful jobs [celebrity entertainers, politicians, medics, e.g. cardiologists] do for the benefit of relaxation tend to drink and use recreational drugs [e.g. cocaine]; something which is not freely available on holiday abroad and can absolutely not be taken on a plane ... Enter stage left: the "dauphin" of PdL, as a friend of mine in Portugal once described Murat, the man who knew everyone and everything ... Just saying ...

Yeap, great mind thinks alike.  I didn't care say it but agree totally with you.  
He's the "go to" guy  who knew everyone and everything; and if you need a bit of help here and there for this and that, he's the guy you go to.  

And his reason for being economical with the truth may have nothing to do with the crime in question, but his co-relation in other aspect  to those main players may have serious implications for him.  
Side trading quick profit is only good if one can get away with it.
If truth be told he might drag others name  into the mud, that have nothing to do with the crime against the missing child, but nonetheless will get some other people into trouble, hence the need to be economical with the truth.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 24.06.13 21:18

marconi wrote:If robert murat is involved in the case, why did 3 Tapas recognize him? I would expect them to protect him like they were protecting themselves and the McCanns.
Pointing him as a potential perpetrator, and if he was Tapas 10, it would mean a terrible risk to Tapas 9.

Perhaps there are inconsistences in his statements but it does not mean he was involved.Some people are not able to repeat the same  story without changing it.
My husband was like that.

My gut feeling is they pointed at him because they know he's hiding a secret (nothing to do with Madeleine), but if Police were to get wind of it he will be in deep shit dragging a few with him. Hence they know even if they fingered him he would do nothing against them.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.06.14 11:13

PeterMac wrote:
suzyjohnson wrote:I have always wondered just what Clarence was doing getting involved with all this. Having just read a bit about his background, now I think I know, who is best placed for all the inside story irrespective of whether Madeleine is found alive, or whether some other evidence surfaces regarding who is responsible for her disappearance, or whether the McCanns themselves were involved. Oh yes, it's Clarence, ready to cash in, whatever the outcome, he can't lose in that respect can he?
I think he can.   He never, so far as I know used the form of words "The McCanns want me to say on their behalf . . ., or The McCanns want to make it clear . .   or The Mccanns wish to deny  . . ."
He always spoke in the first person, as if he had the evidence and the knowledge of what he was saying.

If and only IF, evidence surfaces about who was really responsible, I think he can and should be taken to the cleaners.
Even investigated for attempting to pervert, or obstruction.

I wonder why a professional former bbc spokesperson was ever needed at all. Gerry was blogging away in his own right and the Macs gave tv interviews and press conferences/statements themselves both at the outset and right up to a few weeks ago. What motivated Clarence to take the job?  If a professional spokesperson was sought after, why did it have to be someone whose profile was so high, why not an adequate experienced publicity or pr person. Who, if anyone, might have pointed Clarence in the direction of that role? Was he ordered to take on the role? Why would anyone such as that offer their services out of sympathy when it could easily turn out to be a right poisoned chalice and destroy his own reputation in the process. Why would he take that risk? He cannot be a naive man. So why? I can't understand why a member of the family could not have acted as the family spokesperson, especially since didn't one of them give up his job to help? Clarence is the one who sticks out like a sore thumb in this case, whereas an ordinary family spokesperson wouldn't have seemed as odd. Just my opinion.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 28.06.14 11:43

Is it possible that Clarence Mitchell has some guilty secrets to hide of his own regarding something to do with Madeleine? And the best way to hide these secrets was to become the McCanns' spokesman? All pure speculation on my part...
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by lufc50337 28.06.14 12:24

canada12 wrote:Is it possible that Clarence Mitchell has some guilty secrets to hide of his own regarding something to do with Madeleine? And the best way to hide these secrets was to become the McCanns' spokesman? All pure speculation on my part...
Certainly possible and/or a VIP could possibly  be very grateful to him for protecting them

If an Oppenheimer was staying there then it's not out of the realms of possibility for other well connected people to be staying there
lufc50337

Activity : 330

Back to top Go down

Clarence - Page 2 Empty The Pink Panther... (said better in a Dublin accent)

Post by missbeetle 18.07.14 0:00

Clarence - Page 2 <a href=Clarence - Page 2 Gate1_zps4a8c2571"

Gerry looking staunch, resolute - holding his bewildered wife firmly by the hand.

Clarence taking charge...

Just what is it he is helping the McCanns to try to cover up?

In this instance, I would suggest the gate to the family's home :

Clarence - Page 2 <a href=Clarence - Page 2 Masongate_zps60d2f730"

My interpretations only...

missbeetle

Activity : 1093

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.07.14 10:42

Why would the gate to Rothley Towers need to be covered up?

I can think of plenty of things that do need covering up but the gate is innocent!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 18.07.14 10:58

sally66 wrote:
tasprin wrote:

Always intrigued me too.  It's like nobody dare be the first one to take their finger out of the dam.  A lot of innuendoes but nothing concrete
I think  that RM was promised a nice payout for his 'help' and this was achieved. He probably had to promise to not reveal anything in order to get the payout. We wont hear from him again. He is happy with however many 100's of thousands that he received. (was it 600k)
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 18.07.14 11:05

I'm sorry about going off at a tangent here. Who would actually be likely to 'talk'?
Not RM - he has had a nice pay off. Not the people who are being protected by the government, obviously.

Possible but doubtful - if someone was going to talk they would have done it by now.
Only when they start feeling under pressure will someone talk. And Op Grange dont seem to be applying pressure   

Someone from the Private Investigators used
Ocean Club Member
Nanny
TAPAS 9 - not unless they suddenly start feeling the pressure.
UK Policeman
Clarence
HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.07.14 11:07

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 18.07.14 11:47

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:He hasn't disappeared yet, HM.

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t8454p230-murat-revisited#269019
No! Thanks for the link- and amazingly Rolf-like
HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Clarence - Page 2 Empty Rothleygate...

Post by missbeetle 18.07.14 12:01

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Why would the gate to Rothley Towers need to be covered up?

I can think of plenty of things that do need covering up but the gate is innocent!

The cross bars on the McCann's sturdy wooden gates are to me, reminiscent of the square and compass symbol.

Perhaps such a potential visual allusion may have been required to be gently obscured...?

missbeetle

Activity : 1093

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaggzy 18.07.14 18:51

Clarence - Page 2 Gate1_zps4a8c2571

'Ladies and gentlemen of the press. Before I introduce the latest two members of The Pussycat Dolls, could I just give you my rendition of Moon River? Thank you.'
Gaggzy
Gaggzy

Activity : 514

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.07.14 19:06

missbeetle wrote:
No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Why would the gate to Rothley Towers need to be covered up?

The cross bars on the McCann's sturdy wooden gates are to me, reminiscent of the square and compass symbol.

Perhaps such a potential visual allusion may have been required to be gently obscured...?
They do indeed missbeetle, you have such an eye for detail  big grin. Well Rothley did contain a manor of the Knights Templar so we can allow them a bit of civic pride...

I would have thought that the myserious extended garage would be far more interesting thou.  Wonder what goes on in there ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 18.07.14 19:09

https://servimg.com/view/14942226/47.

Just wondering it anyone has any thoughts, or info on this link? It is the Parisio Restaurant.

If you magnify the picture you can read the words underlined in red.

Is it saying that Clarence Mitchel was there with the McCann's on the 3rd May?

Is it for real?

Activity : 1005

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum