The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 14 Mm11

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 14 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 14 Mm11

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 14 Regist10

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal

Page 14 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 14 Empty Re: Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal

Post by Guest 21.06.13 17:31

5:06pm, Fri 21 Jun 2013

UK lawyers went to Portugal to discuss Madeleine leads

Last updated Fri 21 Jun 2013

UK Government lawyers travelled to Portugal to discuss new leads in the case of missing Madeleine McCann with their Portuguese counterparts, it has been confirmed.
London's chief crown prosecutor Alison Saunders and her deputy Jenny Hopkins flew to Portugal with Scotland Yard detectives in connection with the police force's review of the case.

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 14 Article_193725167f320355_1371830326_9j-4aaqsk Madeleine McCann was nearly four years old when she disappeared in May 2007. Credit: PA/PA Wire
Madeleine was nearly four years old when disappeared from her family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in Portugal's Algarve on 3 May, 2007, as her parents Kate and Gerry dined at a nearby tapas restaurant with friends.
A Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) spokesman said: "Prosecutors from CPS London, and investigators from the MPS [Metropolitan Police Service], visited their Portuguese counterparts on April 17-18 to discuss possible next steps in relation to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
"We continue to work with the police on this case.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-06-21/uk-lawyers-travel-to-portugal-to-discuss-madeleine-leads/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 14 Empty Re: Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal

Post by aiyoyo 21.06.13 17:37

Châtelaine wrote:
Praiaaa wrote:and can presumably also prosecute in derivative crimes - eg where the main crime was committed abroad, eg Portugal, and the conspiracy to pervert the course of justice, or fraud, committed in the UK.

Asolutely. That's why the combination of both prosecutors is so enlightening: "Homicide and Sex crimes" and "Fraud" ...

Also the fact, that they went 2 months ago to PT and only after HO gave green light to a full SY investigation this news surfaces.

If the MET were in close contact with the Mccanns and updating them regularly as we were given to believe, then it is very strange that they have not said anything about the CPS visit nor about their delight with the latest development.

Whatever happened to their talented spokescreature, surely spinning the CPS visit would  not be beyond him, so why the total silence?  Uhmmm.....

The CPS visit was done two months ago, which incidentally coincides with the glum mccanns who were in tears during the last outdoor prayers service.

Question is: if Home Office approved continual funding post CPS visit, the significance is quite obvious now.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.06.13 17:41

IMO They didn't look like they lost someone / something, but rather like they lost.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa 21.06.13 17:44

spokescreature

Good word! Where is Clarrie?
As a parent, I do hate the fact that there could be eventual arrests of parents..
But when I hug my own child, one of many who was traumatised by those 'Maddie stolen from her bed' scary ads before the Shrek movie, I hope the twins will be able to grow up securely in the care of people who will look after them and keep them safe.
Praiaaa

Activity : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.06.13 18:23

Praiaaa wrote:spokescreature

As a parent, I do hate the fact that there could be eventual arrests of parents..
But when I hug my own child, one of many who was traumatised by those 'Maddie stolen from her bed' scary ads before the Shrek movie, I hope the twins will be able to grow up securely in the care of people who will look after them and keep them safe.

I agree, Praiaaa, perhaps this was the reason for the alleged cover up to begin with. I'm not optimistic for the investigation but mindful that if we do wind up celebrating there will still be two children left without their parents having already lost their big sister. With nobody to protect them from the press in the years ahead. It strikes me that in the rush to look after themselves the McCanns have done a major injustice to all of their children.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 21.06.13 18:35

Here we all are, seeing a light at the end of the tunnel that the truth will finally emerge, but don`t get too optimistic as it might just be the 6 (or was it 12?) British cleaners in the white van !
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 21.06.13 18:39

What I do find significant is that the Chief Crown Prosecutor went and took her second in command with her.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia 21.06.13 18:47

" The McCanns' spokesman Clarence Mitchell said they would not comment publicly while Operation Grange continues.
He said: "They remain grateful, however, to the UK authorities for the work being done to establish what happened to Madeleine and to bring those responsible for her abduction to justice."
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-uk-government-lawyers-1975845

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident
Ayniia
Ayniia

Activity : 586

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmNotMerylStreep 21.06.13 19:01

Finn wrote:

I agree, Praiaaa, perhaps this was the reason for the alleged cover up to begin with. I'm not optimistic for the investigation but mindful that if we do wind up celebrating there will still be two children left without their parents having already lost their big sister. With nobody to protect them from the press in the years ahead. It strikes me that in the rush to look after themselves the McCanns have done a major injustice to all of their children.

I doubt very much that anyone will celebrate when the McCanns are brought to justice in the name of their first born but would just like to mention:
1. I doubt Kate McCann would have thought too much about someone else's remaining children when she reported them to the police/social services, in her capacity as a GP, if they'd been guilty of gross neglect that led to the death of their child.
2. The McCanns didn't think about their own remaining children when they used them to elaborate on their own lies.
3. The McCanns didn't give a stuff about children and pensioners whose money they accepted which helped pay their mortgage.

You are very right that the McCanns have done all their children a major injustice but just because they have other children doesn't mean they shouldn't get what they deserve (and I'm not saying you meant that).

The McCanns have a wider family who will take care of the twins. The twins are used to being looked after by others anyway.
IAmNotMerylStreep
IAmNotMerylStreep

Activity : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 21.06.13 19:21

I wish i could get excited about this news .

IMO   I still think there is no way they will arrest / charge  doctors and Lawyers ,it doesn't work like that  in the UK .
 [ I know ,Shipman but it took 300 victims before they finally did }  and on different charges  there extensive entourage [ inc Clarrie ] for possibly perverting the course of justice .

If the CPS are over there its because they have ' FOUND ONE '   ie a village idiot akin to Barry George who they can attribute this case to . 

Its appears its going to be a Hillsborough for the 21st century .
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 21.06.13 19:34

Rumours the mccanns are in Portugal - Ooer.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 21.06.13 19:38

IAmNotMerylStreep wrote:
Finn wrote:

I doubt very much that anyone will celebrate when the McCanns are brought to justice in the name of their first born but would just like to mention:
1. I doubt Kate McCann would have thought too much about someone else's remaining children when she reported them to the police/social services, in her capacity as a GP, if they'd been guilty of gross neglect that led to the death of their child.
2. The McCanns didn't think about their own remaining children when they used them to elaborate on their own lies.
3. The McCanns didn't give a stuff about children and pensioners whose money they accepted which helped pay their mortgage.

You are very right that the McCanns have done all their children a major injustice but just because they have other children doesn't mean they shouldn't get what they deserve (and I'm not saying you meant that).

The McCanns have a wider family who will take care of the twins. The twins are used to being looked after by others anyway.
I totally agree IANMS! They being narcissistic care only about themselves.

I have swung wildly from one side to the other over this 'Review', from 'whitewash using dead paedo' to 'justice for Maddie' (and its not like me, I usually decide and that's it).

However, I think the visit of the CPS, however Senior, is probably the most significant development we have seen since the only 'true suspects' were made arguidos.
After all, CPS prosecute, and you cannot prosecute a dead paedophile (eg Hewlett)
Von Aesch is out as he is not British and also dead.

I think if there are suspects to be prosecuted, they are the obvious ones that don't need rocket science to work out.....

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 21.06.13 19:44

Home Secretary Theresa May is now expected to announce a full-scale police investigation into the disappearance

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-uk-government-lawyers-1975845#ixzz2WsUBV9SX
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

A Home Office spokesman said it had agreed to “provide the Metropolitan Police with the resources they need”.
The McCanns' spokesman [size=12]Clarence Mitchell
said they would not comment publicly while Operation Grange continues.
He said: "They remain grateful, however, to the UK authorities for the work being done to establish what happened to Madeleine and to bring those responsible for her abduction to justice

Sorry, I've messed up the text, but I posted it, because Mitchell is STILL saying "abduction"
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 21.06.13 19:49

Cristobell wrote:Rumours the mccanns are in Portugal - Ooer.

Ha....from where?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 21.06.13 19:50

IF this is true, I want to know   why
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 21.06.13 19:56

I believe it was on Radio xfm.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 21.06.13 20:01

tiny wrote:

If true, it wont be on vacation, so what's left? Seeing the lawyers or Police, take your pick.
Both Mr & Mrs there together, must be rather serious.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.06.13 20:03

aiyoyo wrote:
tiny wrote:

If true, it wont be on vacation, so what's left?  Seeing the lawyers or Police, take your pick.
Both Mr & Mrs there together, must be rather serious.
Or the Libel trial.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 21.06.13 20:08

Where's martin brunt when you need him,
tiny
tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.06.13 20:13

tiny wrote:Where's martin brunt when you need him,
For a Freudian slip of the tongue, you mean ... ?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.06.13 20:19

Châtelaine wrote:
For a Freudian slip of the tongue, you mean ... ?

Speaking of Slipping Freuds....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 21.06.13 20:23

There's an update on Blacksmith's site, if anyone is interested
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by mydadsanastronaut 21.06.13 20:26

I think he got there a month too soon! Maybe he'd heard whispers that the CPS had been out in April, and what they were there to do. Which maybe led to a slip of the tongue.
mydadsanastronaut

Activity : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 21.06.13 20:34

mydadsanastronaut wrote:

I think he got there a month too soon! Maybe he'd heard whispers that the CPS had been out in April, and what they were there to do. Which maybe led to a slip of the tongue.

I reckon you are not to far wrong there
tiny
tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 21.06.13 20:35

mydadsanastronaut wrote:

You could be right there...Interesting. Murder would need a body, or forensics..death cadaver

But if this is what the SY are alluding to, then this would be enough for Portugal to reopen the case, which they haven't done so. But maybe to be able interview the suspects, the investigation would need to be open on UK soil

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top