The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 15 Mm11

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 15 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 15 Mm11

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 15 Regist10

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 15 Empty Re: Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal

Post by Guest 21.06.13 20:53

Finn wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:
tiny wrote:Where's martin brunt when you need him,
For a Freudian slip of the tongue, you mean ... ?

Speaking of Slipping Freuds....
I get your drift ... big grin
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 15 Empty Re: Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal

Post by Casey5 21.06.13 21:00

Châtelaine wrote:I do recall that the PJ had got hold of telephone files, but were not allowed to use them, because they hadn't followed the right procedure to lay their hands on it. So, they do/did know what's in it, but cannot / couldn't use it. It's likely that SY knows it too, but cannot use it either, WITHOUT a Portuguese judge's permission. I can imagine that two top UK prosecutors could be "convincing" to liberate such evidence and maybe other withheld stuff ...

To me it seems evident that whatever suspects SY is looking at, they will be British.
And, inasmuch as I understand, the UK could prosecute British subjects in serious crime cases, which happened abroad.
Chatelaine
The PJ weren't allowed to use the txts and phone calls prior to the 3rd May only from the date of the disappearance. " Ahem"!!!#
Their hands were tied from day one, unfortunately, with their own judicial system against them - possibly for the best of reasons- and the unhelpful British Home Office and British Ambassador. And the British Press of course.
Casey5

Activity : 402

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 21.06.13 21:22

Still no word from the Portuguese? scratchhead
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 21.06.13 21:28

This happened in April.
It was clearly done in secret - a proper secret - tell nobody !
Why has it been released / leaked / now ?
Who benefits ?
Why has no other paper gone with it.

The piece is very specific, as to time and the identities of the people involved.
There has been no official denial, so we may assume it happened.

Since then we have had some announcements.
We have also had notable and important silences.

(Well what would you say ?)
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.06.13 21:39

In the Mirror, London Evening Standard. ITV and now the Guardian....

Madeleine McCann: UK prosecutors visit Portugal to discuss new leads

Review of case by Met police has uncovered a number of potential suspects who have not been interviewed

Sandra Laville, crime correspondent
The Guardian,
Friday 21 June 2013 18.14 BST
Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 15 Madeleine-McCann-008
Madeleine McCann went missing from her parents’ holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in 2007. Photograph: PA
Senior prosecutors have travelled to Portugal in a move that could pave the way for the Metropolitan police to begin a new investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
Alison Saunders, the senior crown prosecutor for London, and her colleague Jenny Hopkins, head of the complex casework unit, discussed new leads in the inquiry with their Portuguese counterparts.
A £5m Met review of the case, which began in 2011, has uncovered a number of potential suspects who have not been interviewed. Detectives have said they need to be questioned in order for them to be eliminated or pursued further.
The visit of Saunders and Hopkins, accompanied by Met investigators, is a significant development – and adds to speculation that the Met are about to begin a new investigation into the disappearance of the three-year-old in May 2007.
A spokeswoman for the CPS confirmed that prosecutors from CPS London and investigators from the MPS had visited their Portuguese counterparts to discuss the disappearance.
Detective Chief Superintendent Hamish Campbell, who supervised the Met review, said recently that there were a number of individuals who needed to be questioned in relation to the investigation as well as further forensic opportunities to examine.
It is understood that up to 20 individuals need to be questioned. These include some known child offenders who were in the Algarve at the time Madeleine disappeared.
The Met began a review into the case – funded by the Home Office – after Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, appealed to the prime minister, David Cameron, for help.
The Portuguese investigation was closed in 2008 and there have been repeated discussions between the British and Portuguese authorities with a view to reopening the inquiry. So far the Portuguese have refused to do so, saying concrete new evidence would be required.
An investigation led by the Metropolitan police would allow detectives in the UK to interview suspects.
The Metropolitan police is understood to have asked the Home Office to fund a full investigation. A development is likely within the next few weeks.
Madeleine went missing from her parents' apartment in Praia da Luz in 2007 as her mother and father dined with friends at a nearby restaurant.
Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, who is leading the Met police review, said last year his team had identified 195 potential leads.
Scotland Yard also published an age-enhanced image of what Madeleine might look like today, aged nine, saying they had uncovered new information to suggest she could still be alive and living with her abductor.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jun/21/madeleine-mccann-uk-prosecutors-visit-portugal
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 21.06.13 21:43

Apologies, I don't know how to do screenshots, but just read on twitter that the police have arrived in Portugal with the files, and the CPS have already been.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetex 21.06.13 21:47

Cristobell wrote:Apologies, I don't know how to do screenshots, but just read on twitter that the police have arrived in Portugal with the files, and the CPS have already been.
lee freeman ‏[ltr]@leemfreeman30[/ltr]6m
The police have arrived over there with files. The CPS have already been. #mccann #freshleads

Activity : 294

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 21.06.13 21:54

I am going to stop bringing stuff from fb, I have a feeling we have trolls.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia 21.06.13 22:13

Casey5 wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:I do recall that the PJ had got hold of telephone files, but were not allowed to use them, because they hadn't followed the right procedure to lay their hands on it. So, they do/did know what's in it, but cannot / couldn't use it. It's likely that SY knows it too, but cannot use it either, WITHOUT a Portuguese judge's permission. I can imagine that two top UK prosecutors could be "convincing" to liberate such evidence and maybe other withheld stuff ...

To me it seems evident that whatever suspects SY is looking at, they will be British.
And, inasmuch as I understand, the UK could prosecute British subjects in serious crime cases, which happened abroad.
Chatelaine
The PJ weren't allowed to use the txts and phone calls prior to the 3rd May only from the date of the disappearance. " Ahem"!!!#
Their hands were tied from day one, unfortunately, with their own judicial system against them - possibly for the best of reasons- and the unhelpful British Home Office and British Ambassador. And the British Press of course.

Sorry for the OT,
@ Châtelaine what do you mean by that? I recall the telephone files are in the public files and the PJ even had help from mobile operators people to sort them out,know what the data there means. I remember they not having permission to tap the Tapas pals friends phones/apartments,but that's different. I'm sorry if I may seem picky about this but I worked in a mobile operator so I'm curious about it.
And Casey5 there's data from Gerry's mobile on the 2nd,so prior to the disappearance:
DCB1 wrote:There is a lot of information about phone and texts here: http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/PJ/PHONE_TEXTS.htm
Scroll nearly down to the bottom and arbiter says this:
"This is where I think we are:
May 2nd
Gerry had his phone switched off all day until probably 15.50
Vodapone his phone receives the 12 SMS messages stacked up for him on the network.
The last one of those was a "2 hourly" Voicemail reminder of previous new voicemails.
The other 11 are "new voice mail" alerts.
Gerry was left 11 voicemail calls from between 08.07 to 13.59
Some of them only minutes apart e.g. 9.10 - 9.13 - 9.18
Gerry rang his Voicemail using 91121 at 15.50
He listened briefly for 11 seconds and ended the call
He switched his phone off
He still had Voicemail he hadn't listened to
He was sent more "2 hourly" reminders
He switched his phone on again at 20.14 and rang his voicemail on 91121
Again it was a short duration, but no more reminders were sent him after this
He must have deleted them
So I believe that Gerry was got 11 voicemail messages on the morning of 2nd May.
He said he got calls from work, but I don't think he ever said these were calls from work."

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t320-why-were-both-murat-s-and-gerry-mccann-s-mobiles-switched-off-for-the-same-32-hours-on-2-and-3-may-2007

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident
Ayniia
Ayniia

Activity : 586

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 21.06.13 22:18

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 15 Express-1-329x437
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetex 21.06.13 22:28

sallypelt wrote:Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal  - Page 15 Express-1-329x437
I am hopeful!

The legal team is not there to investigate. They are building a case if you ask me.....

Activity : 294

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 21.06.13 22:28

Let's hope there will be more news in the weekend papers.   they normally hold over the really interesting stuff until the weekend.

Amanda Platell wrote recently about their hacked off campaign, I believe the press are waiting to pounce.  No doubt in my mind about that.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 21.06.13 22:32

'Endgame' certainly feels to be in sight...whichever way it goes

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.06.13 22:41

@ Aainyia

I was referring to the Evora court ruling ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia 21.06.13 22:49

Châtelaine wrote:@ Aainyia

I was referring to the Evora court ruling ...
Oh ok thank you winkwink
jd wrote:'Endgame' certainly feels to be in sight...whichever way it goes
I can't imagine the PJ/SY saying : oh someone took her and end of story...
But that's just my humble opinion.

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident
Ayniia
Ayniia

Activity : 586

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 21.06.13 22:50

The Crown Prosecution Service.

In their own words...

...on their own website...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Introduction

What we do

The Crown Prosecution Service is the Government Department responsible for prosecuting criminal cases investigated by the police in England and Wales.

As the principal prosecuting authority in England and Wales, we are responsible for:

advising the police on cases for possible prosecution;

reviewing cases submitted by the police;

determining any charges in more serious or complex cases;

preparing cases for court;

presenting cases at court.

Our mission

Our mission is to deliver justice through the independent and effective prosecution of crime, fostering a culture of excellence by supporting and inspiring each other to be the best we can.

Our values

We will be independent and fair.

We will prosecute independently, without bias and will seek to deliver justice in every case.

We will be honest and open.

We will explain our decisions, set clear standards about the service the public can expect from us and be honest if we make a mistake.

We will treat everyone with respect.

We will respect each other, our colleagues and the public we serve, recognising that there are people behind every case.

We will behave professionally and strive for excellence.

We will work as one team, always seeking new and better ways to deliver the best possible service for the public. We will be efficient and responsible with tax-payers' money.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.06.13 22:52

@ Ayniia
I duly apologize for seriously misspelling your name ... It's not an easy one, though winkwink
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 21.06.13 22:57

Ayniia wrote:
jd wrote:'Endgame' certainly feels to be in sight...whichever way it goes
I can't imagine the PJ/SY saying : oh someone took her and end of story...
But that's just my humble opinion.

There is that unidentified DNA sample

The Mystery of Profile L

To date, there has been no attempt to link Profile L/Leo to him (Hewlett), but we now have a pending review by Scotland Yard. It will be interesting to see where that goes!

http://textusa.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/mystery-of-profile-l.html

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 21.06.13 23:03

I wonder if Mr. Lee Rainbow's advice has been sought again at any time during the review?
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 21.06.13 23:03

Perhaps, the identity of the person the DNA belongs to has been identified? I will not expect the CPS to get involved when the identity remains unknown.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 21.06.13 23:05

Tony Bennett wrote:The Crown Prosecution Service.

In their own words...

...on their own website...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Our values

We will be independent and fair.

We will prosecute independently, without bias and will seek to deliver justice in every case.

We will be honest and open.

We will explain our decisions, set clear standards about the service the public can expect from us and be honest if we make a mistake.

We will treat everyone with respect.

We will respect each other, our colleagues and the public we serve, recognising that there are people behind every case.

We will behave professionally and strive for excellence.

We will work as one team, always seeking new and better ways to deliver the best possible service for the public. We will be efficient and responsible with tax-payers' money.

We are about to find out just how true their values really are!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 21.06.13 23:10

I think I may only be repeating what PeterMac has said earlier, but certainly - after looking at the CPS website again tonight - the following can clearly be said about normal CPS operations:

They only get involved when...

...the police already have some evidence...

...about a possible crime...

...committed by a living person...

...that has resulted from a police investigation in England and Wales...

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 21.06.13 23:30

Tony Bennett wrote:I think I may only be repeating what PeterMac has said earlier, but certainly - after looking at the CPS website again tonight - the following can clearly be said about normal CPS operations:

They only get involved when...

...the police already have some evidence...

...about a possible crime...

...committed by a living person...

...that has resulted from a police investigation in England and Wales...

A living person is interesting, if this is the criteria for the CPS to get involved.....maybe there is hope but I remain reserved due to past history. Maybe they are going to pin it on that Swiss paedo

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 21.06.13 23:33

I remain hopeful the British and Portuguese authorities will do their best to crack this case.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 21.06.13 23:43

Home » Prosecution Policy and Guidance » The Code for Crown Prosecutors » The Full Code Test
Code for Crown Prosecutors

4.1 The Full Code Test has two stages: (i) the evidential stage; followed by (ii) the public interest stage.

4.2 In most cases, prosecutors should only decide whether to prosecute after the investigation has been completed and after all the available evidence has been reviewed. However there will be cases where it is clear, prior to the collection and consideration of all the likely evidence, that the public interest does not require a prosecution. In these instances, prosecutors may decide that the case should not proceed further.
They only come in once the police feel there is enough evidence to put it to the CPS

Prosecutors should consider whether there is any question over the admissibility of certain evidence. In doing so, prosecutors should assess:

the likelihood of that evidence being held as inadmissible by the court; and
the importance of that evidence in relation to the evidence as a whole.

Prosecutors should consider whether there are any reasons to question the reliability of the evidence, including its accuracy or integrity.
Is the evidence credible?
All indicating that there is evidence there to be looked at
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top